AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-18, 02:52   Link #241
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yori_Amane View Post
When do Light and Kiyomi become bf & gf and does she ever know he is Kira?
That bimbo?
The bubble head that doesn't even have the common sense to grasp even Kira's simplistic high-school god-complexed ideology? The fool who didn't even have enough sense to *not* declare the existence of her "eyes" and "Shinigami" over national television?

Hopefully never. Light is wayyy out of her league. And that's really saying something considering that Light is essentially unlikeable.

I can however predict that the girl is a tool and that Light is very apt at making use of tools. Insofar as a relationship can exist, Light will make very good use of this convenient *erherm* tool. She has the eyes after all.

Wait. . .nevermind, I hope that doesn't happen either. . .
Old 2008-01-18, 10:04   Link #242
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
That bimbo?
The bubble head that doesn't even have the common sense to grasp even Kira's simplistic high-school god-complexed ideology? The fool who didn't even have enough sense to *not* declare the existence of her "eyes" and "Shinigami" over national television?

Hopefully never. Light is wayyy out of her league. And that's really saying something considering that Light is essentially unlikeable.

I can however predict that the girl is a tool and that Light is very apt at making use of tools. Insofar as a relationship can exist, Light will make very good use of this convenient *erherm* tool. She has the eyes after all.

Wait. . .nevermind, I hope that doesn't happen either. . .
You're talking about Misa, it seems.

Light does reveal his identity to Kiyomi at some point, but not initially.
Old 2008-01-18, 10:37   Link #243
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

another question:
Spoiler for Misa-chan:

Old 2008-01-18, 14:13   Link #244
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraidude View Post
another question:
Spoiler for Misa-chan:
Spoiler for Answer, heavy ending spoilers:
Old 2008-01-18, 17:35   Link #245
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
You're talking about Misa, it seems.

Light does reveal his identity to Kiyomi at some point, but not initially.
Wait? So there's another girl in Light's life?
Old 2008-01-18, 19:55   Link #246
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-20, 08:14   Link #247
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler for reason:

nothing just want to add that :]

Old 2008-01-23, 12:27   Link #248
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Just for a note...her name was Tadaka
Old 2008-01-23, 14:48   Link #249
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Just for a note...her name was Tadaka
Erm, well, her name is Kiyomi Takada, just depends on whether you'd want to address her by her surname or her given name.
Old 2008-02-04, 21:13   Link #250
Screwjack

Hey, this is my first post. I have questions.

(Possible spoilers for ep 9-14 -15)

Question 1:
Ryuk is always hanging around with both L and Light. Why did Light even need to ask Rem to kill L? Couldn’t Light have just asked Ryuk nicely to tell him what name appears over Ryuzaki’s head everytime he looks at him with his shinigami eyes?
Light: “I’ve won! Misa will be able to see L’s real name!”
…all this time, couldn’t Ryuk just see it?

Question 2:
Does L shave his eyebrows? I noticed that he doesn’t have any. Kind of like the Mona Lisa; completely lacking eyebrows. Perhaps he shaves frequently, including his eyebrows, because he doesn’t seem to have any 5o’clock shadow despite staying awake all night watching footage.

Question 3:
So far in the series (I’ve only seen upto ep15) I haven’t noticed a single person smoking a cigarette. Why is this? Because it’s a bad influence? I think it would add to L’s character if he smoked, and held his cigarettes with two fingers. But maybe he's too smart for a bad habbit like that.

Question 4:
L, do you know?

Gods of death

Love apples

Have red hands

(In the english dub) When L tries to trip-up Light during his deductive reasoning test, he adds a fourth Kira letter that reads “Have Red Hands.” He claims the full message was “Gods of death who love apples have red hands.” Where'd the ‘who’ come from?

Why didn’t Light mention anything about there not being a “who” in the second letter?

Is it because of the dubbing?

Answers appreciated.

Oh yeah, and please don’t spoil anything for me. I’ve only seen upto episode 15. If you spoil it, I’ll have a heart attack.
Old 2008-02-04, 21:20   Link #251
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwjack View Post
Hey, this is my first post. I have questions.

(Possible spoilers for ep 9-14 -15)

Question 1:
Ryuk is always hanging around with both L and Light. Why did Light even need to ask Rem to kill L? Couldn’t Light have just asked Ryuk nicely to tell him what name appears over Ryuzaki’s head everytime he looks at him with his shinigami eyes?
Light: “I’ve won! Misa will be able to see L’s real name!”
…all this time, couldn’t Ryuk just see it?

Question 2:
Does L shave his eyebrows? I noticed that he doesn’t have any. Kind of like the Mona Lisa; completely lacking eyebrows. Perhaps he shaves frequently, including his eyebrows, because he doesn’t seem to have any 5o’clock shadow despite staying awake all night watching footage.

Question 3:
So far in the series (I’ve only seen upto ep15) I haven’t noticed a single person smoking a cigarette. Why is this? Because it’s a bad influence? I think it would add to L’s character if he smoked, and held his cigarettes with two fingers. But maybe he's too smart for a bad habbit like that.

Question 4:
L, do you know?

Gods of death

Love apples

Have red hands

(In the english dub) When L tries to trip-up Light during his deductive reasoning test, he adds a fourth Kira letter that reads “Have Red Hands.” He claims the full message was “Gods of death who love apples have red hands.” Where'd the ‘who’ come from?

Why didn’t Light mention anything about there not being a “who” in the second letter?

Is it because of the dubbing?

Answers appreciated.

Oh yeah, and please don’t spoil anything for me. I’ve only seen upto episode 15. If you spoil it, I’ll have a heart attack.
1. Ryuk doesn't want to help. That's all.

2-3. Don't know.

4. I don't watch the dub, but the "who" probably came from the dubbing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-04, 22:29   Link #252
Screwjack

Thanks Beta. If I were Light I'd bribe ryuk with apples, possibly an apple tree. Someone like Ryuk would be sure to give into temptation eventually.

I see there was an error in dubbing.
Old 2008-02-05, 00:59   Link #253
Echoes

Quote:
Question 3:
L already has a habit of eating sweets all the time, so it's only natural that he doesn't need to indulge himself in any other way. I personally don't think smoking would fit his character at all.
Old 2008-02-06, 13:26   Link #254
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
L already has a habit of eating sweets all the time, so it's only natural that he doesn't need to indulge himself in any other way. I personally don't think smoking would fit his character at all.
Oh yea..If L smoked, it would totally ruin his character. Perhaps he eats all those sweet because he used to smoke..and it's like a fall back..like somone with sunflower seeds xD
Old 2008-02-07, 10:47   Link #255
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
Oh yea..If L smoked, it would totally ruin his character. Perhaps he eats all those sweet because he used to smoke..and it's like a fall back..like somone with sunflower seeds xD
Wow, I was thinking the same thing. But maybe they felt that it would add to his child-like demeanor. After all, as he said himself, he is "childish and hates to lose".
Old 2008-02-07, 13:00   Link #256
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wow, I was thinking the same thing. But maybe they felt that it would add to his child-like demeanor. After all, as he said himself, he is "childish and hates to lose".
Very true...He's an uber genius and a child at heat xD.
Old 2008-02-07, 17:51   Link #257
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Nah. His bizarre food eating was just there to give us something to look at while the author wrote incredibly long talking head sequences. That's why he never simply ate stuff. He stacked or or picked off pieces. Or he held his spoon in a weird way. It was all about how he ate the food, not what he was eating.

Can you imagine how boring the show would have been if we'd just been looking at mouths move up and down for 10 minutes at a time? Thank good he did weird things with food.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-07, 20:56   Link #258
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Nah. His bizarre food eating was just there to give us something to look at while the author wrote incredibly long talking head sequences. That's why he never simply ate stuff. He stacked or or picked off pieces. Or he held his spoon in a weird way. It was all about how he ate the food, not what he was eating.

Can you imagine how boring the show would have been if we'd just been looking at mouths move up and down for 10 minutes at a time? Thank good he did weird things with food.
True, I never thought of that. A good thing. Very subtle, but kept us from getting bored. Tthough frankly I was never bored, because I love head games.
Old 2008-02-08, 21:43   Link #259
Kristen
*Author

This isn't so much a question about death note as it is about the series...

When the series was announced, did they announce an episode count or not? Was the episode count initially 25 and they pushed it up to 37, or was it always 37? AKA, when did everyone know that this was going to be a 37 episode series?
Old 2008-02-08, 21:59   Link #260
CJL13
God of his own ego

The manga dictates how long the show lasts and the seasons have to be the same length, so the whole 37 was thing was how they could do it right without making the action too sort or too long.
Closed Thread

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past