AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-10, 22:07   Link #1
DwArD
mAnIaC

Sousuke Likes Kaname?

Well, I know this thread might sound kinda silly but after watching the part where Kaname and her senpai went to the *Ahem* Fumo Fumo Park, I was wondering does Sagara likes Kaname? We all know he is a war-crazy, gloomy guy but.....isn't it obvious that Kaname likes Sagara? Unless that guy really is a baka, he should have noticed it by now! This makes me kinda wonder whether ANYTHING GOOD will happen between them.....Btw, I jus started watching Full Metal Panic and that includes Fumoffu so forgive me if i don't know much.....

Edit: And sorry! I jus read another thread that sort of discuss about the ending of FMP?F...And it is really fustrating to see how "ignorant" Sagara is...
Old 2003-11-10, 23:03   Link #2
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

hard to say. sagara doesn't seem express his feelings very well.. in fact he totally sucks at it. I do think he likes kaname more than tessa, he doesn't feel as comfortable around her. But a guy like sagara will never say how he really feels
Old 2003-11-11, 01:55   Link #3
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
hard to say. sagara doesn't seem express his feelings very well.. in fact he totally sucks at it. I do think he likes kaname more than tessa, he doesn't feel as comfortable around her. But a guy like sagara will never say how he really feels
True true...

But I believe one day that Sagara will be a couple with Kaname. After all, it would be kinda weird if the anime ends with them still not being a couple, right?
Old 2003-11-11, 01:56   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I think Sagara really cares about Kaname very much its just hard for him to express it. They are times when he shows how much he cares for her in some episodes. I guess you could say he really likes Kaname but doesn't know how to express it normmally since he was brainwashed his whole life by war. I do hope either Sagara or Kaname confess their feelings to each other face to face. I think that will wrap up this series very nicely, but hey if it doesn't oh well it was an fantastic series, which I really enjoyed.
Old 2003-11-11, 02:07   Link #5
sonar_un

Sagara deffinitely likes Kaname. It is true he doesn't express his feelings well, or at all. Sagara doesn't express his feelings so much because he is there to protect Kaname. There is also tention between Tessa and Sagara. Tessa is completely in love with him, while Sagara seems indifferent.

I recently watched the first season, straight (took me about 10 hours). I would deffinitely reccomend picking it up. Its great!
Old 2003-11-11, 03:02   Link #6
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
I think that had become very obvious from the time that Bonta-Kun made it's very first appearance in the show. I feel bad for Tessa, specially since I like her a whole lot more.
Old 2003-11-11, 03:20   Link #7
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Yeah; I've never quite figured out the traditional anime fascination with having these unfortunate love triangles. One person always seems to end up left in the cold (FMP, presumably) or dead (Scrapped Princess). All rather depressing.

I'll hazard that it's pretty obvious Kaname will be the "girl of choice" in the end, and in many ways I agree, but Tessa just seems so much better suited to him. Apart from adoring him (always a plus), she's got so much more in common with him and hence is in a much better position to tolerate (daresay appreciate) his various quirks (rather than ruthlessly smack him)...

Ah well. I eagerly await the remaining eps...

- Fromage
Old 2003-11-11, 03:30   Link #8
dragonstar13
Busy

From what I noticed, it seems that Sagara does like Chidori. And yes, Sagara had a hard time showing it his feelings, but he can be very forward, or blunt sometimes. Notice after Tessa leaves, Chidori's conversation with Souske. Souske felt relieved, which is the opposite feeling you're suppose to get when the one you like isn't around. Also, in part 3 and part 7(I think). Chidori asked Souske if he was worried about her, and both times he said yes.
Old 2003-11-11, 08:56   Link #9
Sukato
Kendo Fanatic

Actually, I predict that this anime will take an unexpected (or since I'm predicting it it might be fairly expected) turn and end up with Sagara being with Tessa. Not that I necessarily want them together, but I think near the end Tessa will recall Sagara back to the submarine and he will be forced to leave Chidori. And we can all guess what will happen if Sagara is recalled back to the submarine...
Old 2003-11-11, 21:04   Link #10
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Even though i like Tessa better than Kaname, Souske and Chidori makes a better pair. (Tessa is mines Souske doesn't deserve her)

I think they make a better couple because Chidori always try to teach him whats right from wrong even if that means slapping him senseless with a japanese fan. Plus they've been together through so many things so theres a little bond between them and Chidori has grown to learn and understand many things about him.

And yes its pretty obvious that Souske likes Chidori but he doesn't know much about love or relationships so he can't express his feelings.

Like everyone else, i'm really curious to see how this series is going to end... I hope it ends with one of them, (or both) confessing their love face to face.
Old 2003-11-12, 03:00   Link #11
pulsr

man just think back to season 1 when sagara attempts the dating game...

Boohoohoohoo i hate you! i never want to see you again!!
wait come back! if you dont negotiate it will only lead to war!
Old 2003-11-12, 04:25   Link #12
Iron Monkey

It's not that Sagara has a hard time expressing his feelings, it's just that he has a weird way of doing it. He's never wishy-washy about doing anything, I find. He's just clueless, that's all. And yeah, I'm guessing he likes Chidori and will probably end up with her in the end.
Old 2003-11-12, 22:41   Link #13
Neko

Send a message via MSN to Neko
As someone put it so eloquently: "Sagara likes Chidori whether he knows it or not" and I have to completely agree with that statement. Sagara is a moron who's been through hell, and you can't expect someone like that to know a lot about being in these kinds of relationships.

Though I heard from someone, who apparently read the novels, that Sagara does eventually realize he likes Kaname so that's something the anime can work with if its true. (Sigh) but only one episode left.
Old 2003-11-12, 22:46   Link #14
lordwu

Well, FMPF is basically Chidori + Sousuke show. Tessa just showed up as a guest apperance. I believe Sousuke does like Chidori but I'm not expecting a grand ending for FMPF. In the end, it's just a comedy.
Old 2003-11-13, 02:06   Link #15
Yellat

Send a message via AIM to Yellat
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
Well, FMPF is basically Chidori + Sousuke show. Tessa just showed up as a guest apperance. I believe Sousuke does like Chidori but I'm not expecting a grand ending for FMPF. In the end, it's just a comedy.
sad but true
Old 2003-11-14, 08:34   Link #16
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
I'll hazard that it's pretty obvious Kaname will be the "girl of choice" in the end, and in many ways I agree, but Tessa just seems so much better suited to him. Apart from adoring him (always a plus), she's got so much more in common with him and hence is in a much better position to tolerate (daresay appreciate) his various quirks (rather than ruthlessly smack him)...
- Fromage
I agree that Tessa seems 'better suited,' but perhaps that's not what he wants. (Though it's oftentimes unclear what precisely he wants apart from beating people up, mistaking basic social interactions with plots to kill him, and protecting Kaname.) Sometimes people don't want someone that is easy to get along with but prefer people who challenge them. Despite the danger inherent in his missions, Sagara likely doesn't feel challenged by Tessa in any way and is attracted (to some degree, the amount is vague at times) to Chidori's blunt, though uniformly violent, response.

Or maybe, he just likes getting hit in the head with a fan.
Old 2003-11-16, 22:51   Link #17
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
I'll hazard that it's pretty obvious Kaname will be the "girl of choice" in the end
- Fromage

i agree that its pretty obvious considering tessa left and theres only kaname left... Also if u read the sub on the beginning music...thats kind of a hint...
Old 2003-11-16, 22:55   Link #18
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
uh....also....how the hell did the ppl figure out there's only couple episodes left...
Old 2003-11-17, 00:34   Link #19
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by *aznplayboi*
uh....also....how the hell did the ppl figure out there's only couple episodes left...
Actually, there is only ONE episode left.
Old 2003-11-17, 03:38   Link #20
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
doesnt sagara shows more emotion when he is in fumo mode

seems like u can really see how he is througth the fumo suit
Closed Thread