AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 17:27   Link #1161
Cinocard

Shigure is the best. Weapon users are master in cutting down clothes

Debatable: will Chikage grow into a booby boob like her master? (assuming there will be a time skip, at the ending, at least)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
It's not like they've suddenly stopped growing stronger. Either which way it makes more sense to develop them further than bring in new strong characters this isn't Dragonball where characters become more useless as the story progresses. Phasing out the old teamn and bringing in a new one is not an advisable course of action.
Tanimoto is already Yomi level.

The rest, aside from Takeda, none of them has gone through a "hellish training" (Erh, Siegfried?) has little experience in life and death battle, and after returning from D&D, they are mostly joking around (or what we have seen), so for them to stand against Yomi is illogical (Kenichi training for half an year being able to do that is unrealistic already).

I won't count on the like of Freya, Thor or Kisara. It would be interesting for a Berserker's comeback, though. Miss the guy so much.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 17:37   Link #1162
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post

Debatable: will Chikage grow into a booby boob like her master? (assuming there will be a time skip, at the ending, at least)

The rest, aside from Takeda, none of them has gone through a "hellish training" (Erh, Siegfried?) has little experience in life and death battle, and after returning from D&D, they are mostly joking around (or what we have seen), so for them to stand against Yomi is illogical (Kenichi training for half an year being able to do that is unrealistic already).

I won't count on the like of Freya, Thor or Kisara. It would be interesting for a Berserker's comeback, though. Miss the guy so much.
The problem is that you think they'll all face Yomi. The fact is we know Yomi has sub-divisions and they've got loads of grunts. These guys can fight and look impressive without anyone but Kenichi fighting Yomi members
Old 2008-12-02, 18:15   Link #1163
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

But Siegfried was complimented by the Masters, and powered up on his own.

Quote:
Eh. They need to find Masters! Maybe Freya should ask Shigure. Though she's more into blunt weapons, while Shigure's into bladed ones.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 18:22   Link #1164
Cinocard

Sure, anything can happen in a Shounen manga, but for now, they are powerless against Yomi. Even Takeda was taken out by Shou in 1 sec. And since then, there has been no power up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But Siegfried was complimented by the Masters, and powered up on his own.
I know Seigfried is strong. That, i mean, should his training be called "hellish" or not? Standing there still for a month..

Last edited by Cinocard; 2008-12-02 at 18:40. Reason: Grammar
Old 2008-12-02, 18:31   Link #1165
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Hard to say. In a way, it should be even harder than Kenichi's usual routine. OTOH, he seems to enjoy himself more than anything.
Old 2008-12-02, 18:50   Link #1166
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know Seigfried is strong. That, i mean, should his training be called "hellish" or not? Standing there still for a month..

Try squatting and not moving a muscle for 10 minutes...i know the manga exaggerates but this is the sort of thing you try and feel how hard it is. That IS hellish training.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 19:33   Link #1167
Cinocard

Oh, i know how hard it is, but i also know i am dead if a metal ball hit me like kenichi was. Again, not sleeping for 1 month itself is already something of master class. But in fact he enjoyed it, and actually abandoned it mid way (though already incredible, i know).

If you compare it to real life, anything is hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
The problem is that you think they'll all face Yomi. The fact is we know Yomi has sub-divisions and they've got loads of grunts. These guys can fight and look impressive without anyone but Kenichi fighting Yomi members
Oh, if you were saying about cool-looking cannon fodders, i agree.
Old 2008-12-03, 08:21   Link #1168
Tri-ring

Who what's to see the hot Yami jujitsu master?

Spoiler for I do:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 08:30   Link #1169
Ewauksonian

I'll rank them first, then explain.

1. Miu (debatable)
2. Renka (debatable)
3. Kenichi (debatable)
4. Siegfried (debatable)
5. Hermit (debatable)

6. Takeda
7. Kisara
8. Freya
9. Thor
10. Ukita

I put a space between the first five and the last five. Personally speaking, the first five is easily debatable who is first or not, but there's generally a clear difference between a SET of people as opposed BETWEEN one person and another person.

Four of the first five are probably "Geniuses" (not Kenichi). Four out of the five have probably extensive combat combat experience since they were younger (not Kenichi). All five have trained very hard. Except for Siegfried, all of them have direct relationships with Super Masters (Miu's Grandfather is the Elder, Renka's father is Ma Kensei, Hermit trained under Ma Sougetsu, and Kenichi is, well, I don't need to explain that).

The other five generally lacks one or more of these things, except Takeda, who is actually much closer than he thinks (and in the case of poor Ukita, he lacks a lot of these things. )
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 08:45   Link #1170
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'd say that Miu and Renka are equal.

I think that Kenichi has already surpassed Miu. But, Kenichi will never beat her, simply because its Miu. I don't think that Miu would've been able to defeat Kano or Odin in a fight. Kano treated her like childs play, and Odin in the wheel chair more less did the same.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:26   Link #1171
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'd say that Miu and Renka are equal.

I think that Kenichi has already surpassed Miu. But, Kenichi will never beat her, simply because its Miu. I don't think that Miu would've been able to defeat Kano or Odin in a fight. Kano treated her like childs play, and Odin in the wheel chair more less did the same.
Miu's experience and understanding of martial arts is much more advanced than Kenicih. Kenichi might have become stronger in brute strength and body structure but he lacks all those years Miu spent traveling around the world, visiting different martial artists, polishing her skills, etc. Same goes for Renka, Odin and Hermit. Give Kenichi time and he will surely surpass all of them.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:48   Link #1172
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Who what's to see the hot Yami jujitsu master?

Spoiler for I do:
It certainly looks more obscene because the mind exagerates the item being censored. I think Shigure is now suffering serious competition for the title of hottest woman outside of the disciples(Yomi and Shinpaku)
Old 2008-12-03, 09:58   Link #1173
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why "outside the disciples"? Those kiddies aren't even in the running.
Old 2008-12-03, 10:01   Link #1174
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

I don't judge the kids by the same standard as they can potentially become hotter as they grow up whereas all the other ladies have peaked
Old 2008-12-03, 11:34   Link #1175
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewauksonian View Post
I'll rank them first, then explain.

1. Miu (debatable)
2. Renka (debatable)
3. Kenichi (debatable)
4. Siegfried (debatable)
5. Hermit (debatable)

6. Takeda
7. Kisara
8. Freya
9. Thor
10. Ukita
Ok I'll do mine:
1-2. Kenichi/Hermit debate(i think Hermit is extremely strong, even though he lost time without Ma Sougetsu...after the D of D, I beliieve he is on Kenichi's level or maybe he might be a little lower, since Kenichi had more life-and-death fights. However, Hermit does have more talent and puts in hard work, so I say they're equal.

3-4. Miu/Renka -I believe Miu may be stronger, but after the last couple chapters, Renka seems to be seriously strong...and being raised by Ma-sensei ,and being trained from small gives her a lot of credibility too.

5. Siegfried, even though he seems to be fast on the track to becoming a master, I don't think he is on the others' level.

6. Takeda
7. Kisara
8. Freya
9. Thor
10. NIJIMA!! *nijima eye!!!*
Old 2008-12-03, 12:02   Link #1176
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Takeda is lower than 6 because of his style's glaring weakness. NO KICKS
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 12:53   Link #1177
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Poor Ukita. He is the weakest and the girl he likes ignores him.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 15:29   Link #1178
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Poor Ukita. He is the weakest and the girl he likes ignores him.
Not totally, remember she got jealous when Rachel first appeared in the tournament?
Old 2008-12-03, 15:36   Link #1179
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Ukita used to be Kisara's minion... maybe she is only looking out for him even though she isnt the boss anymore.

Ahh.. it is depressing to wait for one release a week >.<
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 15:45   Link #1180
Cinocard

Kisara clearly shows feeling for Ukita, since a long time ago (too long that i can't remember any event ) In the D&D, she got jealous with Rachel. She blushed when heard how Ukita wanted to fight for me, very tsundere denied her feeling about him in front of Freya. Also when anything ecchi happens, Kisara always blocks ukita sight.

Tags
shounen