AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-30, 05:38   Link #361
VentAileron

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
In volume 4, Yuki took Haruhi's power and changed the world completely. But now in volume 10/11, they have to come up with a ridiculous plan to ki-- Har--- in order to get her power, why couldn't Suoh Kuyoh just do what Yuki did?
That's a really good question. One could say Suou doesn't know enough about Haruhi to use her powers, but I find that kind of weak argument.

If I were to speculate about this, I would say that what Fujiwara wants to achieve is mostly beyond our comprehension (at least for now). That said, Nagato only changed the whole world by a year. What Fujiwara wants to do is creating a whole new time-line.
The two factions have a very different understanding of the world; the alien factions change the world itself, while the time-traveler faction looks at the world from a very different perspective; namely time-planes. What Fujiwara needed was not Suou changing the world, but the power transferred to a person who could control it better than Haruhi, namely Sasaki, so he could use her to change the time-lines or even the immutable property of time itself.
Old 2011-06-30, 10:12   Link #362
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
alt!Yuki wasn't hopelessly useless? She could barely pass on a piece of paper to the person next to her. She couldn't recruit members for her club, she could barely get through the day without Asakura coming to over to cook. Mikuru was at least self-sufficient.
This may be a unpopular opinion, but I prefer normal!Yuki to alt!Yuki. Normal Yuki was more badass. And I think alt!Yuki was based off of Mikuru because I remember reading in one of the novels that she wanted to be like Mikuru. (I may be wrong about that statement) The emotions were cool to see, but I would prefer her to gradually become more human, while still keeping her badassness. Even though she may not become what she wants to be (alt!Yuki) in the future, she might be 1000x better than that.

Besides, Alt!Yuki was too...weak. :/

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2011-06-30, 10:14   Link #363
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Probably she wasn't paying attention to his face and actions so much as his easiest-to-read data--"Male, same age and classroom as Haruhi, no special powers, has/has had a romantic connection to Haruhi".
To hear Haruhi tell it, that applies to everyone in that class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
This may be a unpopular opinion, but I prefer normal!Yuki to alt!Yuki. Normal Yuki was more badass. And I think alt!Yuki was based off of Mikuru because I remember reading in one of the novels that she wanted to be like Mikuru. (I may be wrong about that statement) The emotions were cool to see, but I would prefer her to gradually become more human, while still keeping her badassness. Even though she may not become what she wants to be (alt!Yuki) in the future, she might be 1000x better than that.

Besides, Alt!Yuki was too...weak. :/
If Alt!Yuki was just a standalone character, I wouldn't have thought twice about her. But she's so appealing because of what she IS: a glimpse into what Yuki's personality might be like if she ever let it out. It's only because Alt!Yuki was YUKI that I liked her so much.

Last edited by Gamer_2k4; 2011-06-30 at 10:42.
Old 2011-06-30, 13:49   Link #364
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by VentAileron View Post
That's a really good question. One could say Suou doesn't know enough about Haruhi to use her powers, but I find that kind of weak argument.

If I were to speculate about this, I would say that what Fujiwara wants to achieve is mostly beyond our comprehension (at least for now). That said, Nagato only changed the whole world by a year. What Fujiwara wants to do is creating a whole new time-line.
The two factions have a very different understanding of the world; the alien factions change the world itself, while the time-traveler faction looks at the world from a very different perspective; namely time-planes. What Fujiwara needed was not Suou changing the world, but the power transferred to a person who could control it better than Haruhi, namely Sasaki, so he could use her to change the time-lines or even the immutable property of time itself.
Well, technically, Yuki also created a different timeplane. Ah well, no, it was Kyon who made it into an alternate timeline.
But I think it's a good argument to say that Yuki only borrowed the power, while Fujiwara wanted to completely stip her off her power and transfer it to someone else. I guess that needs different methods.

On a related note, I wonder how long haired Haruhi and moe Yuki are doing in the other timeplane, now that Kyon is gone. I'm pretty sure that this timeline is still ongoing, after Koizumi's explaination in this volumes epilogue.
Old 2011-06-30, 13:59   Link #365
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

...hmmm

If that is correct, perhaps there is a Kyon there, since we can't quite figure out how the different timeplanes work...and there were three Kyons when the world was changed the second time (the sleeping Kyon is unaccounted for...he would have been the one to wake up that morning to see the alt versions of everything...but if the other two Kyon's changed it so everything was normal...where did the Kyon that was asleep at home go? The other two Kyons are the guy that woke up in the alt version with moe Yuki and no class 1-9. The story follows him. The guy that wakes up after those two deal with Yuki won't be in the alt version at all....what happened to him?)
Old 2011-06-30, 14:05   Link #366
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
On a related note, I wonder how long haired Haruhi and moe Yuki are doing in the other timeplane, now that Kyon is gone. I'm pretty sure that this timeline is still ongoing, after Koizumi's explaination in this volumes epilogue.
They're gone. That whole plane of existence essentially never happened. There's lots of proof for that being the model in use, but that's outside the scope of this current thread.
Old 2011-06-30, 14:08   Link #367
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
...hmmm

If that is correct, perhaps there is a Kyon there, since we can't quite figure out how the different timeplanes work...and there were three Kyons when the world was changed the second time (the sleeping Kyon is unaccounted for...he would have been the one to wake up that morning to see the alt versions of everything...but if the other two Kyon's changed it so everything was normal...where did the Kyon that was asleep at home go? The other two Kyons are the guy that woke up in the alt version with moe Yuki and no class 1-9. The story follows him. The guy that wakes up after those two deal with Yuki won't be in the alt version at all....what happened to him?)
I think there are only two Kyons. The one who woke up in the alt world and the one who woke up in the world that was reversed right after Yuki changed it. This sleeping Kyon was pushed down the stairs by Nagato to wake up on the 21st as the Kyon from the changed world. The alt world should be without a Kyon now, since he never went back to that world. But I don't know what happened to the sleeping Kyon. But maybe I am totally off too. But I am sure that the alt world Kyon is the Kyon we have right now, since he remembers the alt world, but not the world where he was pushed down the stairs.
Old 2011-06-30, 14:26   Link #368
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It be funny if the one that was pushed down the stairs woke up and rushed to the club room to find all the alts there waiting for him...right after the original vanished. (or even weirder his he woke up there after the original passed out...so they don't see him vanish..just her perosnality changes suddenly)
He'd have no idea what is going on, but Itsuki could explain it to him. Mikuru and Yuki would be freeking out and long haired Haruhi would be calling him John. He wouldn't know what to do, but he'd know that he was stuck there from Itsuki's description. Would alt Yuki join the rest of them after what happened...or would Haruhi even give her a choice?
Old 2011-06-30, 16:54   Link #369
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
There is an entire videogame made for that plotline. Kyon visiting the leftover pocket universe and tidying up lose ends. Who knows how canon it is.
Old 2011-07-01, 22:02   Link #370
typhonsentra

Any word yet on someone picking up the last chapter of volume 10?
Old 2011-07-03, 22:01   Link #371
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Any word yet on someone picking up the last chapter of volume 10?
The same person who did the Chapter 5 translation is working on Chapter 6(as far as I can tell). It's gonna take a few weeks though.

I am excited for Tanabata though.. three more days.
Old 2011-07-10, 01:12   Link #372
zyzzyva

Hi guys,

I've decided to help translating this series. Currently, I'd like to commit to half of Chapter 7, namely until page 47, before deciding if I have time to work on the other half. I hope to finish this part in 3-4 weeks.
Old 2011-07-10, 15:18   Link #373
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzyva View Post
Hi guys,

I've decided to help translating this series. Currently, I'd like to commit to half of Chapter 7, namely until page 47, before deciding if I have time to work on the other half. I hope to finish this part in 3-4 weeks.
Hey, cool! Thanks for the help!
Old 2011-07-10, 17:01   Link #374
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyzzyva View Post
Hi guys,

Wow! Thank you so much! And good luck on it. Take your time and do the best you can.
Well, this is awesome news.
Old 2011-07-11, 12:05   Link #375
alejandro_oyervides

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
Done with my drawing. The final result. Happy with how it turned out.

Spoiler for spoiler fanart:

There's something else I noticed too.

Spoiler for adventures of mikuru asahina movie idea spoilers:
hi everbody
what happened with this picture?
someone has it and I share it

Last edited by alejandro_oyervides; 2011-07-11 at 19:26.
Old 2011-07-28, 13:55   Link #376
alejandro_oyervides

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This post will be constantly updated as new translations surface.
Last Edit: July 27 11:11 (GMT+8)

Scroll down to share this to your fellow Haruhiists to help spread the word. Also go to the pages of the respective authors to thank them for their hard work.

The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (First Part)
Chapter 4: Translated by cnet128 (The Sneaker June 2010 issue)
Chapter 5: Translated by carl14706, edited by Yumeka
Chapter 6: Translated by carl14706, in editing by Yumeka

Note: Chapter 4 is indeed the first chapter of Surprise, Chapter 1-3 are in The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Second Part)
Chapter 7: Translated by zyzzyva and Ultimatemegax, in editing by Ultimatemegax
Chapter 8: In translation by Ultimatemegax
Chapter 9: Translated by Ultimatemegax
Final Part: Translated by Yumeka
Epilogue + Afterword: Translated by Ultimatemegax, edited by Kaisos Erranon
Old 2011-07-29, 10:19   Link #377
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alejandro_oyervides View Post
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

This post will be constantly updated as new translations surface.
Last Edit: July 27 11:11 (GMT+8)

Scroll down to share this to your fellow Haruhiists to help spread the word. Also go to the pages of the respective authors to thank them for their hard work.

The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (First Part)
Chapter 4: Translated by cnet128 (The Sneaker June 2010 issue)
Chapter 5: Translated by carl14706, edited by Yumeka
Chapter 6: Translated by carl14706, in editing by Yumeka

Note: Chapter 4 is indeed the first chapter of Surprise, Chapter 1-3 are in The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya.

The Surprise of Haruhi Suzumiya (Second Part)
Chapter 7: Translated by zyzzyva and Ultimatemegax, in editing by Ultimatemegax
Chapter 8: In translation by Ultimatemegax
Chapter 9: Translated by Ultimatemegax
Final Part: Translated by Yumeka
Epilogue + Afterword: Translated by Ultimatemegax, edited by Kaisos Erranon
thank you,i was worried about the progress of the translation;no anymore.
Old 2011-08-02, 05:14   Link #378
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Just as a quick note:
No more spoiler bars!

There's no need for any more "spoilers" as the biggest obstacle for most fans on this board has been overcome.

I can't say any more than that. You're on your own now.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-08-02, 12:20   Link #379
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I'd just like to post a reminder:

Even though the translation is now complete, linking to said translation or discussing where it's at is against the forum rules. Any posts will be deleted without warning and persistent posters will be the recipients of warnings and infractions.

Thank you.
Old 2011-08-02, 13:33   Link #380
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

On the (now removed) site that the guy linked to, the blog post author mentioned Sasaki had a laugh that was written as "kukuku."

Is there any articulation of those letters that mimics a laugh but DOESN'T sound like the person is choking?

Tags
haruhi suzumiya, light novel, spoilers