AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-13, 10:57   Link #2921
hai_san

So 1 more Confession without result yet... but hopefully soon...

So far Kaname --> Chisaki, Chisaki --> Hikari, Hikari --> Manaka, now Tsumugu --> Chisaki

SO first Confession with succes? please watch next ep...

Damn you storywriter...

Just make Hikari&Mana&Miuna, and lastly Mayu&Kaname... then we have a "happy ending"!
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:02   Link #2922
ReinhartX

am i the only one happy how kaname gets it right at his face by sayu this episode ? lol
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:13   Link #2923
Excorsism

It only took 23 episodes to finally get a Kaname centric episode. Now for another wait week... .
Old 2014-03-13, 11:18   Link #2924
Utsuro no Hako

Poor Tsugumu, abandoned by his beloved fish-elbow. Now he has no choice but to settle for Chisaki.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:20   Link #2925
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
You get ena, you get ena... EVERYBODY GETS ENA! Oh, melodrama.
haha. after this episode I thought there's an Ena wholesale down by the shore. Go down now and get your ena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Poor Tsugumu, abandoned by his beloved fish-elbow. Now he has no choice but to settle for Chisaki.
WOW. It sounds so sad when you say it like that.

So is it like, if you fall in love with the Sea and someone from the Sea the Sea Gods like "Ena for you!"
and if you love someone from the surface and love the surface the Sea God is like "No Ena for you!"

I don't feel like that's quite it, but, I feel like it's on the right track?

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-13 at 11:48.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:22   Link #2926
dark44

realy stupid any one can have ena to make them pair ? isnt time skip enough
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 11:24   Link #2927
Kakurin
大佐

So lame that Tsumugu's also getting Ena. Well, thinking about it, it isn't really too surprising. Tsumugu's loving the sea and his grandfather is from the sea. Still, incredibly lame to see this. Perhaps everybody without should go down there for a trip as long as Manaka's still in this state. And, Tsumugu's reason for liking Chisaki is because she's like the sea? Can't say this increases my affinity for this pairing, despite Chisaki being number one on my list. Oh, before I never really had something against Hikari, but this episode he seriously got on my nerves. He is just completely going nuts with a tunnel vision after the revelation by Uroko-sama. Start using your brain will you? Miuna's continuing to climb on my ladder (once again with hair let down!), liked what she's done this episode, even if it is small.
Old 2014-03-13, 11:54   Link #2928
VTHokiePride

I figured Tsumugu was going to get Ena since the cast are gaining and losing their Ena. I was hoping that he'd start drowning and then Chisaki was going to be the one to save him. Still, it looks like he's going to admit it to her and finally act on his feelings.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:02   Link #2929
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly, Hikari was inconsiderate, but I can't blame him.
He was speaking from his heart and Hikari is really.. really.. crazy about Manaka
That's why there's zero chance he will end up with anyone else. Sorry Miuna
It's either Manaka or he ends up single

I had feeling a Tsumugu would end up confessing like this, because he's well.. not really proactive. But it's something he NEEDED to let out.
Still, the issue was forced to Chiaki and her reaction was to run away. Not a good sign. This coupled with her earlier statement suggesting that it might have been better to not fall in love indicates that she does not want this development.

My theory is she wanted Tsumugu as family, but now event are threatening to break that. And if she accepts his confession, I can't see it as anything other than her being guilt tripped by recent events. So yeah, Chisaki x Tsumugu is almost dead to me.

Sayu, yeah she needs to let this out as well. But it would be very strange if it goes well, because Kaname is still very hung up on Chisaki.

All in all, I must say that Nagiasu's "shoot them and let god sort them out" approach to romance is interesting.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 12:11   Link #2930
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Honestly, Hikari was inconsiderate, but I can't blame him.
He was speaking from his heart and Hikari is really.. really.. crazy about Manaka
That's why there's zero chance he will end up with anyone else. Sorry Miuna
It's either Manaka or he ends up single

I had feeling a Tsumugu would end up confessing like this, because he's well.. not really proactive. But it's something he NEEDED to let out.
Still, the issue was forced to Chiaki and her reaction was to run away. Not a good sign. This coupled with her earlier statement suggesting that it might have been better to not fall in love indicates that she does not want this development.

My theory is she wanted Tsumugu as family, but now event are threatening to break that. And if she accepts his confession, I can't see it as anything other than her being guilt tripped by recent events. So yeah, Chisaki x Tsumugu is almost dead to me.

Sayu, yeah she needs to let this out as well. But it would be very strange if it goes well, because Kaname is still very hung up on Chisaki.

All in all, I must say that Nagiasu's "shoot them and let god sort them out" approach to romance is interesting.
I feel like all ships are sunk as far as you're concerned.

Your points are valid, but it's all so pessimistic. I want love to win in the end! just because.

Kaname started creeping me out a bit though. Like his comment about asking Chisaki out again made her obviously uncomfortable. It made everyone in that scene uncomfortable, I think even Kaname felt a little uncomfortable.

A small part of me thinks Chisaki doesn't want to be able to love just to have a good excuse to turn down Kaname. She's so glad everyone from 5 years is back, but her rejecting Kaname could ruin so much, their relationships, where Kaname is going to live. It's a very tense situation to be in. She waited so long hoping to get her friends back and Kaname just brings a little discord to the whole situation.

It calls her out to be responsible and not run away, which is good, but he's way too persistent for my taste.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:12   Link #2931
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New crack pairing: Manaka x Miuna. I'm totally behind that!

Finally some progression. The confession being accidental is incredibly lame, but at least the story is going to move forward at long last. Chisaki can't escape anymore, she will have to face her feelings. Personally, I'm fine with Tsumugu getting ena since that's always been his dream. If he can't get Chisaki, it'll be a nice consolation prize.

Sayu was pretty cool in this ep. Although it may not seem that way at first glance, she's actually one of the most mature and sensible character of the cast. Certainly more than Chisaki who's still behaving like a child. Miuna was nice too. She's trying her hardest to help Manaka and Chisaki despite what this means for her. And she was right when she told Hikari they should ask for Manaka's opinion. I don't like how Hikari does things behind her back. I know he's desperate, but trying to force Tsumugu to lie to Manaka was a terrible idea. I'm glad Tsumugu refuses to go along with this.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:25   Link #2932
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
That's also my take. I just don't get a romantic subtone, even an implied one, from Chisaki. That coupled with the end of episode 19 is what let's me dislike a Chisaki Tsumugu pairing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sayu was pretty cool in this ep. Although it may not seem that way at first glance, she's actually one of the most mature and sensible character of the cast. Certainly more than Chisaki who's still behaving like a child. Miuna was nice too. She's trying her hardest to help Manaka and Chisaki despite what this means for her. And she was right when she told Hikari they should ask for Manaka's opinion. I don't like how Hikari does things behind her back. I know he's desperate, but trying to force Tsumugu to lie to Manaka was a terrible idea. I'm glad Tsumugu refuses to go along with this.
Agreed on all counts. Nice to see Sayu taking a stand against what Kaname said with good reasoning in her conversation with Miuna later on. As I said before, I like what Miuna's done this episode. And totally agree that Hikari trying to tell Tsumugu to go on a fake date with Manaka is an extremely stupid idea. I just wish he calms down a bit and uses his head instead of running around and attacking people like a crazy idiot.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:28   Link #2933
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I feel like all ships are sunk as far as you're concerned.

Your points are valid, but it's all so pessimistic. I want love to win in the end! just because.

Kaname started creeping me out a bit though. Like his comment about asking Chisaki out again made her obviously uncomfortable. It made everyone in that scene uncomfortable, I think even Kaname felt a little uncomfortable.

A small part of me thinks Chisaki doesn't want to be able to love just to have a good excuse to turn down Kaname. She's so glad everyone from 5 years is back, but her rejecting Kaname could ruin so much, their relationships, where Kaname is going to live. It's a very tense situation to be in. She waited so long hoping to get her friends back and Kaname just brings a little discord to the whole situation.

It calls her out to be responsible and not run away, which is good, but he's way too persistent for my taste.
I'm 90% sure Manaka x Hikari will become realized. It's the only pair that is close to being mutual love. I feel really bad for Miuna and all but having her end up with Hikari just because "she deserves a good ending" is not suited for this genre and story, I think.

I don't think Chisaki cares that much about Kaname himself. I don't think he ever mattered to her actually.
I think she is disturbed of topic subject itself. That was bad timing.
On another note, I think she cares a lot about not ruining her relationship with Tsumugu. And I think recent events are making her very uncomfortable.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2014-03-13 at 12:43.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:33   Link #2934
ellessarr
Banned

man more and more i get mad at hikari, his "manaka love tsugumu" mote is really irritating, why instead of pull everyone on this he "try to really understand" even miuna see how he is doing horrible, why he can just try by himself.

it's was obvious who she will be confess/acept his feelings before the cataclysm, why he is so blind about it, that obssession is annyoing, i liked what tsugumu did to him and wanted more, someone need to slap of hikari face how wrong is his obssession over it.

i was thing he was grown and everything but that "obssession" only make him look more and more childshi and regressing.

for episode i give a 8.5/10(not give 10 because of hikari he really is pissing me off)

for hikari i give a -10, this annoying stupid brat.

now i'm start to really thing who the big problem here is him not manaka, muina or any other person he is the big problem.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 12:34   Link #2935
bakaouji

An all-around great episode in so many ways. So many quotable romantic lines.

Even Miuna and Sayu had some great things to say.

Hikari's usually very astute most of the time but not when it concerns him. I'd say it was pretty selfless of him to ask Tsumugu to pretend that he's in love with Manaka so he could jolt her memory. We know its wrong but Hikari doesn't know or believe that Manaka could ever possibly be in love with him because of the experiences he'd had five years ago.

Although I usually look down on coincidences in romance shows (or any show for that matter), I'm partial to them depending on how they're used. I hate them when they're used to drum up drama but I don't mind it when they're used for something positive. I'm pretty sure there isn't a single romance story in existence that doesn't rely on coincidence or some form of convenience at least once.

Now, even Tsumugu earned an ena for himself by wishing for it. It seems like the sea is in a very benevolent mood these days. Indirectly, its also a sign that Shioshishio is gonna thaw very soon and become habitable once again.

Its Isaki's turn next episode.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 12:37   Link #2936
anonfr

Quote:
I'm 90% sure Manaka x Hikari will become realized. It's the only pair that is close to being mutual love. I feel really bad for Miuna and all but having her end up with Hikari just because "she deserves a good ending" is not suited for this genre and story, I think.

I don't think Chisaki cares that much about Kaname himself. I don't think he ever mattered to her actually.
I think she is disturbed of topic subject itself. That was bad timing.
On another note, I think she cares a lot about not ruining her relationship with Kaname. And I think recent events are making her very uncomfortable.
Agreed, mostly. I think we do agree but you sort of contradicted yourself there.
She does care about Kaname; enough to friendzone him that is.

She doesn't see Kaname as a romantic partner, I think being pursued like that makes her uncomfortable because when push comes to shove she'll have to hurt him, and he keeps pushing.

HikariXManaka is the otp though. I ship Chisaki and Tsugumu but I'll be troubled if she says yes right away. I think she needs time to think about it, the situation needs to be a little developed, and then it can move forward. Right now it's just so sudden it'll be hard to believe her saying yes. We've only really seen hints Chisaki likes Tsugumu through their interaction, but in this show unless it's confirmed by the characters themselves it doesn't mean anything. Chisaki needs some introspection to confirm if she likes Tsugumu and why she likes Tsugumu and hopefully when she might've started liking him and what held it back for it to make any sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post

Its Isaki's turn next episode.
I was totally thinking that! If the fall in love with someone from the Sea trope is what gives you Ena he should totally get a turn.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:38   Link #2937
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

I really don't think Chisaki running away after hearing the confession necessarily means they won't get together. She was just shocked, and as of right now it's possible that she has some feelings for him but isn't quite aware of them yet. So of course her reaction would be to run away. I've seen this kind of thing constantly in anime/manga. Remember, Manaka also ran away from Hikari when she found out he loved her, though I'd say by that point she had feelings for him deep inside too.

This could go either way. I will say though that I think it's more likely that she sits on his confession to consider it. The chances of Tsumugu/Chisaki went up this episode imo
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 12:42   Link #2938
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Agreed, mostly. I think we do agree but you sort of contradicted yourself there.
She does care about Kaname; enough to friendzone him that is.
My bad that was a typo. I meant to say type Tsumugu. and it is now fixed
She doesn't even friendzone Kaname. She ignores him

Quote:
Originally Posted by kresslia View Post
I really don't think Chisaki running away after hearing the confession necessarily means they won't get together. She was just shocked, and as of right now it's possible that she has some feelings for him but isn't quite aware of them yet. So of course her reaction would be to run away. I've seen this kind of thing constantly in anime/manga. Remember, Manaka also ran away from Hikari when she found out he loved her, though I'd say by that point she had feelings for him deep inside too.

This could go either way. I will say though that I think it's more likely that she sits on his confession to consider it. The chances of Tsumugu/Chisaki went up this episode imo
If she has any romantic passion for him, she's masking it incredibly well. To me it seems like a sibling relationship at best, and a rebound relationship at worst
To be fair, it can work.. if they give ANOTHER 5 years at it. But right now..nope.

But yes, I think this will give her some thought for the better or worse.
And Kaname will also add his opinion (and maybe his own confession on top of that) next week.
Again, for the better or worse.
Old 2014-03-13, 12:45   Link #2939
Dr. Casey

I wonder if Hikari ever grows tired of having to dive into the sea to rescue one of his friends every three weeks. He'd make a good lifeguard.

Good episode though, enjoyed it a lot. Tsumugu's a very classy guy, kind of makes me sad that the series will be over in just a few weeks and we won't see any more of him. Next episode looks like it will be great, too. Kaname's all "I've been waiting for you, Chisaki..." and Chisaki looks as though she might finally give him an honest and straightforward answer rather than dodging the issue. Fifth time's the charm, I guess.

I think the fact that Chisaki is seen running into her house during the Next Episode preview might be a hint that she feels the same way as Tsumugu, and that his confession goes well. If she turned him down, she'd probably be too depressed to have that sort of energy. Not definitive proof, of course - the scene with Kaname might take place a day or two later, or there might've been some kind of emergency (or imagined emergency) necessitating that she come home quickly.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 12:47   Link #2940
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Holy, the wait for next episode is going to be absolutely brutal.

One more thing, Hikari's character took major steps back in this episode. How childish. It's amazing how much more interested I am in Chisaki-Kaname-Tsumugu's story then Hikari-Miuna-Manaka.
kresslia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen