AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-04-30, 11:25   Link #141
acidblue
IchizokuKage

Send a message via MSN to acidblue
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Yeah it's sad to see a fellow fansubber go :\
Hopefully someone will step up to the plate in his place...

coughSOrockscough

just a lil encouragement
acidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 11:34   Link #142
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, of course. There's still Shin Otaku and ANBU-AonE. They also have great video quality with BakaSan. But other than Shin Otaku I'm just gonna wait for AA (ANBU-AonE)
Old 2004-04-30, 11:43   Link #143
rikudark

Alot of my past episodes are still Bakasan's. He was a true hero, faster and almost as good as large groups translating the episodes. Hail to thee, Baka-sama.
rikudark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:20   Link #144
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
this is just terrible... i don't remember the last time i downloaded an episode that wasn't bakasan's... now i have to wait an extra day. nevertheless, its not really his fault. he gave us something great, but it was only temporary. I hope shin-otaku steps up and tries to speed up their releases (all respect to S-0 because they're a great group.) This is just too bad... Well, I suppose we're all wishing bakasan wealth and prosperity after is fansubbing venture, right?
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 12:56   Link #145
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I'm glad this thread is still about the departure of Bakasan and how sad that is and not a thread about how much it's our fault for "ripping off his translations" (stupid rumours that are spreading around the net just now).
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 13:30   Link #146
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Send a message via AIM to BakaSan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
I'm glad this thread is still about the departure of Bakasan and how sad that is and not a thread about how much it's our fault for "ripping off his translations" (stupid rumours that are spreading around the net just now).
lol, you're the translator eh? I just saw your episode and you don't know japanese. Do the fans a favor and either translate what they are exactly saying or stop stealing work from mine or some manga somewhere. Leaving out orochimarus phrase about the secret organization really destroys the meaning behind the upcoming story arc. pfft... he by no means of the imagination said he was going to kill off the rest of the uchiha clan. lol
BakaSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 14:43   Link #147
voxvam
Shin-Otaku Shyguy

Send a message via AIM to voxvam
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaSan
lol, you're the translator eh? I just saw your episode and you don't know japanese. Do the fans a favor and either translate what they are exactly saying or stop stealing work from mine or some manga somewhere. Leaving out orochimarus phrase about the secret organization really destroys the meaning behind the upcoming story arc. pfft... he by no means of the imagination said he was going to kill off the rest of the uchiha clan. lol
I just love that logic.
Stop stealing from my translation & the you translated it completely wrong.
Makes a lot of sense indeed.

On the other hand you really do provide a service to the groups who don't have a translator, I'm certain many would be sad to see you go. Especially those who use your script and translate in other languages.

And for future notice, I'd prefer if you talk to us directly instead of spreading unsubstanciated rumours and insinuations.

ps. I know my spelling is bad, just read what I mean and not what I type
voxvam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 14:56   Link #148
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxvam
I just love that logic.
Stop stealing from my translation & the you translated it completely wrong.
Makes a lot of sense indeed.

On the other hand you really do provide a service to the groups who don't have a translator, I'm certain many would be sad to see you go. Especially those who use your script and translate in other languages.

And for future notice, I'd prefer if you talk to us directly instead of spreading unsubstanciated rumours and insinuations.

ps. I know my spelling is bad, just read what I mean and not what I type
I was talking to your translator. It wouldnt be the first time a translation was stolen then changed to attempt to mask its origin. It's even more obvious to myself when I see similarities in how I decided to translate a particular phrase. But, I was referring to what you release DIDNT translate. So many times something was left out so I was merely letting your translator know. I have no intention of wasting my time exchanging e-mails or PM's... I've got better things to do. In fact the only reason I even posted here was to see what your translator has to say.
Old 2004-04-30, 15:00   Link #149
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

More love people LOVE!!!
dun hate
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 15:17   Link #150
Dark Shogun
Shin Otaku Timer

Send a message via AIM to Dark Shogun
This is so very childish. I invite ANYONE to come in our Network (not #shin-otaku) room at:

irc.dynastynet.net
#delta-vortex

There you can see the steps we go through to get these subs out. I find this very low bakasan. I can't believe you would think someone is actually stealing your subs. And just a note to everyone out there. You can dowload our eps or not, it really doesn't bother us one way or the other. We do it for fun and not to beat anyone out. We really don't get anything out of this so...

Dark Shogun
Dark Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 15:50   Link #151
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Do the fans a favor and either translate what they are exactly saying .............. Leaving out orochimarus phrase about the secret organization really destroys the meaning behind the upcoming story arc. pfft... he by no means of the imagination said he was going to kill off the rest of the uchiha clan. lol
I was wondering about that as it sounded very strange. I was like WTF I don't remember that in the manga???

The quality of video is important however I rather have high quality translations than pretty or fast release. That is why for the life of me I never understood why or how anyone could complain about Bakasan's subbs. I'm not going to compare, but I've always loved and grasped better understanding from Baka's and I d/l and watch them all. I also never noticed a quality issue in the video either. In fact there were a few eps of someone else that didn't have such high quality video, and I surely didn't save that version from that group.

He will be very much missed if he does not subb Naruto anymore.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 15:56   Link #152
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Shogun
This is so very childish. I invite ANYONE to come in our Network (not #shin-otaku) room at:

irc.dynastynet.net
#delta-vortex

There you can see the steps we go through to get these subs out. I find this very low bakasan. I can't believe you would think someone is actually stealing your subs. And just a note to everyone out there. You can dowload our eps or not, it really doesn't bother us one way or the other. We do it for fun and not to beat anyone out. We really don't get anything out of this so...

Dark Shogun
lemme see... 2-3 weeks you guys come out same day. Usually 3-4 hours after I do. I give you 2 days headstart & follow your own forums thread about your release. http://forum.crystal-nexus.net/index.php?showtopic=570 In which you say "it'll be about 3 hours". I wait 10 more. I finally cave in and release... then 3-4 hours later your's finally comes out. BUT I admit this is all heresay and doesnt matter. I know there can be delays due to various reasons... but please, forget it, thats not my main point. My insinuation was I was calling out your translator who, as I said above, doesn't know japanese. I'd like him to defend himself on that single example I gave. You guys keep going off on this theft thing... I could care less. I'm on him about his accuracy in translation since you guys are doing a disservice to the community by leaving out important information. Consider the theft issue dropped and please get your translator back here.
Old 2004-04-30, 16:27   Link #153
Gai-Kakashi

Cool shot of Shikamaru in Chunnin gear.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:06   Link #154
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Backasan, you rock. Your releases were amazing and you have earned all of our respect for one of the best subbers ever. Good luck on future stuff and your releases will be missed.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 17:36   Link #155
Paperclip1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Backasan, you rock. Your releases were amazing and you have earned all of our respect for one of the best subbers ever. Good luck on future stuff and your releases will be missed.
I'm sure the fact that you misspelled his name will really show how much you respect him.
Paperclip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:43   Link #156
sangofe

Quote:

Bakasan.
You are the same as your nick.
Incredibly stupid and retarted.
To say stuff like this, you've must become really desperate.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:49   Link #157
rikudark

ok....now wait, how can he be desperate to beat out Shin Otaku if he is quitting? I think he is just insulting someone's lack of knowledge, which is pretty much what alot of people do in these forums anyways. And the person, as a translator, really shouldn't make that bad of a mistake as it is...I mean, that was pretty bad. It even made me pause the episode to think for a bit.
rikudark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-30, 18:50   Link #158
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
Cool shot of Shikamaru in Chunnin gear.
Were you gonna use that for the official submission picture topic? But if you did, they closed off the topic, cuz of some people (not mentioning names) abusing the topic. Anyways, what's that got to do with the main topic?
Old 2004-04-30, 19:25   Link #159
BakaSan
Totemo Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikudark
ok....now wait, how can he be desperate to beat out Shin Otaku if he is quitting? I think he is just insulting someone's lack of knowledge, which is pretty much what alot of people do in these forums anyways. And the person, as a translator, really shouldn't make that bad of a mistake as it is...I mean, that was pretty bad. It even made me pause the episode to think for a bit.
I'm sure he meant it in a good way. hehe... if only I had a nickel for every time I've been called stupid I'D BE EXTREMELY RICH!!11!!!! Anyways, thats my main point. I like to give groups other then ANBU-AonE a nice hard time since they've more then proven themselves. If I just kept my mouth shut then these groups would continue spreading their crap and ruining some peoples Naruto experience with a lot of inaccuracies that lead to confusion(read the latest 81 thread). Besides the other factor of me taking a "break" from publicly releasing is there is really only two markets for fansubbing. The ultra fast, I need my fix or I'm die, group... then the high quality releases that come later. After a few weeks of S-O coming out hours after mine there really isnt a need to duplicate these markets. If they really want to prove themselves they should choose which they want to be in. I'm all for more groups in the high end market but down here in the gutter with me is no holds barred. hehehe, anyways, I'm still waiting on their translator to show up. Does he want a few more examples of jacked up translations?
Old 2004-04-30, 19:28   Link #160
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
... but please, forget it, thats not my main point.

My insinuation was I was calling out your translator who, as I said above, doesn't know japanese. I'd like him to defend himself on that single example I gave.

You guys keep going off on this theft thing... I could care less. I'm on him about his accuracy in translation since you guys are doing a disservice to the community by leaving out important information. Consider the theft issue dropped and please get your translator back here.
Uhm.. has this translator come forward yet to say he was sorry? *for said mistake*
Heck everyone makes mistakes, but when thousands of people download your work and there is a major error, I would think an apology would make everyone calm down and feel better?

Baka already stated he cares nothing about the "accusation of theft", and it's no big deal if it realy was a mistake, so one may wonder why no one will stay with the subject matter of the poor translation and translation errors.

OHHHH nice SHIKA!!! Now there is TRUE Talent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasan
Does he want a few more examples of jacked up translations?

UNCLEAN UNCLEAN
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote