AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-07-16, 09:44   Link #1
Naruto_X

Question Slow Donload!HELP!!!

Every naruto download I get is the slowest download that takes weeks....where is there a download that willl be fast!?I have a very fast computer too!
Naruto_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 11:35   Link #2
pnoy_kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_X
Every naruto download I get is the slowest download that takes weeks....where is there a download that willl be fast!?I have a very fast computer too!

try www.narutomania.com its direct and fast... but dont dl more than 1 at a time or u will get banned.. this site is for ppl who dont use bittorrent. for wut ever reason...
pnoy_kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 13:51   Link #3
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

try opening ports if you have a roughter also you may have a low cap so you will always be slow. It would help if you told me more about how you connect to your internet and the devices you use. wether you are behind a filrewall and whatnot.
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 16:10   Link #4
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Get a T3 account, and then throw away you 56k modem
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 14:22   Link #5
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Get a T3 account, and then throw away you 56k modem
T3 lines are only installed in med-large companies/businesses. why? because home users dont need the speed of 45 MBs (thats megs-BYTES, not bits. also, it is unlikely that that person is going to sign up for a T3 lines when it costs around $2500 a month.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 17:54   Link #6
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
it cost 2500$USD in your country hehe in mine corporate T3 only cost
160$USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
T3 lines are only installed in med-large companies/businesses. why? because home users dont need the speed of 45 MBs (thats megs-BYTES, not bits. also, it is unlikely that that person is going to sign up for a T3 lines when it costs around $2500 a month.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-18, 18:53   Link #7
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
160$USD
no, that is American, i have no idea what it costs in Canada. I can guarantee you now, there are no T3 lines for $160 month, thats less than a T1. If someone is saying they offer a T3 connection for $160, they are lying. If you don't believe me, check out this website and read up.

http://www.t1-t3-dsl-line.com/page/32/

$2500 a month for a T3 line is very cheap. they can run up to $15000 a month sometimes. Also, I read something wrong, so I should mention that a T3 line is able to acheive speed of up to 45 mega bits, where as I stated bytes.

I'm not sure where you are getting your data, but I can guarantee it is flawed.

I am positive that there is no country in the world that can get a true T3 line for $160 a month.
Old 2004-07-18, 19:02   Link #8
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
160$USD
Still no reason to throw in some useless ideas - if it's even true what you are saying >_>

Naruto_X, having a fast computer does not equal having a fast internet connection. How fast is it? If you don't know, go here and take a speed test according to your location (take them multiple times and write down the average speed). Post the results here and I or someone else will tell you you download and upload speed and your recommende upload cap.

Some other possibilities of why you download so slow:
1. You are connected to a router that is not configured for BT usage.
2. The swarm of the torrent is slow. This is often the case with new Naruto episodes in the beginning when there are few seeds.
3. You did not cap your upload. (See above)
4. Your BT client sucks

I won't offer you solutions yet because I'll wait for your answers which should be more detailed than the first post (i.e. what speed do you consider slow?). You can, however, take a look at my Azureus guide in the meanwhile since it covers some basic BT "rules" and decide for yourself if Azureus would fit your needs (and computer skills, so that I can recommend you an appropiate BT client)
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 15:19   Link #9
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

all you really need is a good cable modem come on t1-3 is for office use not home use and in canada you have to have a regestered buisness to get any of that. Even still a t3 connection will cost over $1000 a month... do you have that much money??? besides whats the point in getting t3. Right now my cable modem reaches speeds of 300-400 mbit a second, dont beleave me ill prove it to you. T1-3 have a ballenced out upload and downlaod so that they can be faster and share allot more, this is ideal for servers but why would you need it for a home network let alone 1 pc??? just get youself a 5mbit cable connection and keep bugging your isp till they give it to you, you have no use for a T1-3 line and if you do have a dial up modem throw it away and get cable. the other thing is that bell dsl is crap, i know because i compaied them boath and also if you reallly want and your in the area of cogeco get there pro package it is a 10 mbit service with 1 mbit down.
Old 2004-07-20, 15:26   Link #10
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Right now my cable modem reaches speeds of 300-400 mbit a second, dont beleave me ill prove it to you.
Yes, please prove that to me.
400Megabit/s=50MegaByte/s
Old 2004-07-20, 16:04   Link #11
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtests...net/1090357827

there you go, i have the fastest isp currently in canada :P
i didnt really get a clean result because people keep on using the internet :/ i have more then 1 pc in the house but my normal upload is 512 kbs down. 5mbit up like i said and i dont lie.
Old 2004-07-20, 16:04   Link #12
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Yes, please prove that to me.
400Megabit/s=50MegaByte/s
No, no... he meant millibit. Megabite would be Mbit; milibit is mbit. I think even my connection will download .4-.5 bits in a second.

Didn't they ever teach you people SI units?

Quote:
Right now my cable modem reaches speeds of 300-400 mbit a second, dont beleave me ill prove it to you.
Edit: I dont know if I should steal this post from my good friend _Sin_, but seriously, that page CLEARLY SAYS 5332 kbits (k as in kilo, 1024 bits per unit). Using simple math, we can devide by 1024 again to get Mbits(M as in mega, 1048576 bits per unit). Thus you have a total downstream of 5.20 Mbits per second; not 400; not 500; 5.20!

Hopefully we can clear up a few SI problems.

1 bit
1024 bits = 1 kbit
1024 kbits or 1048576 bits = 1 Mbit
1024 Mbits or
1048576 kbits or 1073741824 bits = 1 Gbit

To convert bits to bytes (thats what your hard drive and files are measured in) divide by 8.

Last edited by KeinikuSuki; 2004-07-20 at 17:08.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 16:17   Link #13
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

i have a download speed of 5460660 bps or 5332 kbps.
A 666.5 KB/sec transfer rate. ill do a schreen shot of a random downlaod of winamp 5 i can finish that in about 1 second and just for you guys i did a print scr

http://genstation.sytes.net/download.bmp

o keep in mind i do share this connection with 3 pc's and the system can hold a total of 36 pc's and i do have the ability to get a faster internet connection if i shell out the money which i dont want to do.

Edit yea i messed up in one of my posts it would be crazy to downloa at 400-500 mbit i ment kbps sorry i get confused in my conversions and terms still :P it has been a while since i did much networking. BUt i still remember how to make a network cable :P

Last edited by chris; 2004-07-20 at 16:30.
Old 2004-07-20, 16:45   Link #14
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeinikuSuki
No, no... he meant millibit. Megabite would be Mbit; milibit is mbit. I think even my connection will download .4-.5 bits in a second.
LOL

Actually, I do know that m=milli and M=Mega but I've never ever seen milli in connection with internet speeds. Noone says: "I've got 1mb/s" When they do, they are most likely forgetting to capitalize the m. That's why I was at a loss there. It's a different matter with kB or kb since both units are used more often when stating speeds.

BTW, why are you telling me that the page clearly states 'k'? It's not like I ever argued against that, hell I didn't even read the linked site yet
Old 2004-07-20, 17:07   Link #15
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
BTW, why are you telling me that the page clearly states 'k'? It's not like I ever argued against that, hell I didn't even read the linked site yet
Yeah I guess that wasnt clear, I should have added an extra quote. Sorry. Allow me to fix it.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 22:43   Link #16
Shadowlord
~DESU

Quote:
i have a download speed of 5460660 bps or 5332 kbps.
A 666.5 KB/sec transfer rate. ill do a schreen shot of a random downlaod of winamp 5 i can finish that in about 1 second and just for you guys i did a print scr

http://genstation.sytes.net/download.bmp

o keep in mind i do share this connection with 3 pc's and the system can hold a total of 36 pc's and i do have the ability to get a faster internet connection if i shell out the money which i dont want to do.

Edit yea i messed up in one of my posts it would be crazy to downloa at 400-500 mbit i ment kbps sorry i get confused in my conversions and terms still :P it has been a while since i did much networking. BUt i still remember how to make a network cable :P

what ISP you using? I have Shaw and I have the same speed.
Old 2004-07-20, 22:48   Link #17
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Move to Sweden. Bredbandsbolaget, 10/10 Megabits/second fiber connection for 450 Kronor a month (one USD = ~7.40 Kronor). Also 10/10 ADSL2, 8/1 ADSL, 26/26 VDSL and Bredbandsbolaget even offer 100/100 fiber for only 800 Kronor a month.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 23:57   Link #18
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Im currently on cogeco. i find it works fine. i just got a brand new cable modem because my other one broke. Also i did the test while my bro was playing warcraft 3 so it kinda messed up the upload.