AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 16:27   Link #21
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

So I watched one episode for the hell of it..... darn, I really like the anime's look and 'introduction to shoujo manga' backdrop. If only the sempai was a woman.... -_- *grumblemumblegrumble*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:21   Link #22
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Ok, there is absolutely something wrong with the japanese animation: this yaoi series has a more accurate and interesting rappresentation of the human relationships than the straight animes of the last 2-3 seasons...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 22:16   Link #23
broken270
Defying gravity

@Kache: You might be on to something here.... Seriously, this show should be viewed more by other people. Had Ritsu or Takano were a girl, would that have had more viewers seeing this?

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 23:13   Link #24
JackALope044
A Dude

While I get turned on immensely by this show, I don't understand why straight guys can't like BL anime just because it's "gay".

It's good stuff either way, with really only 5% ecchi and the rest drama/humour. It'd be like a gay guy not watching Kimi ni Todoke just because it's "straight".
JackALope044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 00:07   Link #25
broken270
Defying gravity

Agreed. This show really has a lot of potential, and I think the main reason it is not getting enough viewing is probably the mentality of "Oh, this is boy's love. Not watching." They should give this series a chance.
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 00:22   Link #26
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackALope044 View Post
While I get turned on immensely by this show, I don't understand why straight guys can't like BL anime just because it's "gay".

It's exactly because of your first statement - I don't get turned on by the intimate scenes. If I don't root for the couple, watching the show is pretty pointless

But damn, seems like BL shows go straight for the good stuff unlike (animated) non-BLs which sometimes take the whole damn season
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 00:29   Link #27
JackALope044
A Dude

I think that might be another reason I like BL so much.

It doesn't (Pardon my language) pussy-foot around like other romance shows. There's no episode after episode of horrible, just horrible UST.

I won't name names, but I think we all know a few examples.
JackALope044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 22:39   Link #28
LKK

Finally got around to watching the first 2 episodes tonight. I liked Junjo Romantica. So I had high hopes for this series. After 2 epis (which isn't a long time, I know), I feel safe in saying that I'll like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi more. I think the reason I like Sekaiichi better is twofold. (1) Junjo had a pairing that simply didn't interest me. When they were on, the series lost my interest for a bit. Sekaiichi doesn't seem to have this problem. (2) The non-romantic subplot in Sekaiichi, i.e. the work environment, interests me more than the non-romantic subplots in Junjo. I'm looking forward to catching up on the rest of the series as soon as possible.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 15:51   Link #29
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

derederederederedere

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 18:04   Link #30
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

How do I keep missing this thread? I mean, I've already gotten at least one friend hooked on this show (and maybe two more) so how do I keep missing this?
Anyway, I wasn't sure before just how much I'd enjoy this show but I'm actually enjoying it rather quite a bit so far. I was really worried that story would turn into just a "will they or won't they?" kind of deal after the first few episodes so I'm pleased to see that it's still focusing on the manga publishing aspect as well. Anyone know yet how long the series will be?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 18:31   Link #31
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Anyone know yet how long the series will be?
One cour is confirmed. I guess there's always the possibility of 2 split cours as it was the case for Junjou Romantica (which we didn't find out about until the end of the first season), but I don't think enough chapters have been released for that.

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2011-04-30, 18:42   Link #32
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler for spoilerly discussion:
Old 2011-05-01, 03:49   Link #33
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
One cour is confirmed. I guess there's always the possibility of 2 split cours as it was the case for Junjou Romantica (which we didn't find out about until the end of the first season), but I don't think enough chapters have been released for that.
Well, if you count the novel (which is the next episode's couple story), it's actually pretty much the contrary. So far, the manga has at least 3.5 volume out of 5 focus on Onodera, and all 4 novel (admittedly, those volumes are pretty... Short. COUGH.) on the other couple. What wouldn't be sufficient enough is...

Spoiler for Future couple spoiler:

... Since it's still pretty minute, to be very fair. :v

Still, I do would say that 2 cour is pushing it at the moment, so 1 cour is the best we can get.

On that note, I threw confettis with the next couple. Have been waiting for them, since they are my personal favourite. For definitely weird reason, I swear

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 13:23   Link #34
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I really enjoy this a lot and I'm glad there's something like this for me to watch. It's so hard to find good anime nowadays. I got bored easily with recent anime titles. Dropped Bakuman, Kimi whatever, and the rest well was just moe or something along that line.

Anyways, as for ep 4, I really want to know what happened to Takano since his friend said something to Ritsu in the bathroom. (narrow eyes) hmm... the plot thickens.

Bring on more couples.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 15:16   Link #35
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I really want to know what happened to Takano since his friend said something to Ritsu in the bathroom. (narrow eyes) hmm... the plot thickens.
My guess is that the boss-friend wanted to have a relationship with Takano. But Takano couldn't get over being "dumped" by Ritsu back in high school and refused to get involved. So boss-friend blames Ritsu, not knowing that everything that happened between Takano and Ritsu back then was just a huge misunderstanding.

To me, the bigger question is whether boss-friend will retaliate against Ritsu either as revenge or to "protect" Takano from being hurt again.

Disclaimer: Not a manga-reader.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:21   Link #36
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Found this on ANN which makes me think that this will probably be a 12 episode show after all (no real reason, just the fact they plan to make 12.5 a side story makes it seem like it'll come after the show is done).
Old 2011-05-02, 23:34   Link #37
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackALope044 View Post
I think that might be another reason I like BL so much.

It doesn't (Pardon my language) pussy-foot around like other romance shows. There's no episode after episode of horrible, just horrible UST.

I won't name names, but I think we all know a few examples.
THIS! I swear the mare mention of the romance genre has become a major embarrassment. Get. Your. Shit. Done. For godsakes i had to go all the way as far as Tytania just to witness a decent couple of different gender.

Last edited by Crontica; 2011-05-03 at 00:54.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 17:44   Link #38
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2011-05-06, 20:04   Link #39
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Why can't they just be gay ?

I find all the love stories a little bit too complicated...
It's like they're all just bi-curious...

Well well well.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 22:06   Link #40
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

At first I thought it was about the main couple. Then I was like Takano has black hair and this dude has brown hair. He also doesn't wear eyeglasses.

I like seme who cooks. Smexy.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote