AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 39
10 out of 10: Amazing... 6 17.14%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 14.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 13 37.14%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 22.86%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 5.71%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 1 2.86%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-13, 18:07   Link #161
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Why would a economy matter if the entire world is ruled by a communist government?

there wouldnt be any need for money at all
....In theory.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:39   Link #162
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Meister View Post
Go study biology. Nature determines what you are capable of. Nuture defines how much of that potential you fulfil. This is clearly demonstrated in individuals with genetic defects, but less clear in other individuals. Not everyone can become doctors. If your IQ is less than 110, My suggestion is to give up, which is more than 50% of the world. Thats why the failure rate is so damn high, and even so, many doctors still kill patients by mistake.

There isn't a lot of detail in the Destiny Plan to condemn it. Maybe there could be choice, but limitations in choice. The plan was not explored enough, neither was a compromise made. I always thought of the plan as rational if a compromise could be made, but the concepts of Justice and Freedom(pun intended) disagree.

The best compromise would be to place individuals in related fields rather than specific jobs, allowing them to progress in a field. Also, it would be good if individuals can choose to know what roles they will be good at and possibly choose from a selection of different but similar fields. That individual can then progress in his goals through his hobbies and free time. Many like mountain climbing, but the society does not need that many mountain climbers. That is just the way the world works.

When one starts off in a field, they can then work towards having a specific goal in that field. For example if you are in the cleaning industry, you can be a sweeper, an inventor who create machines for cleaning, an operator who maintains such machines, the manager of the cleaning industry, etc. That decision of which tier you are in that industry can then be based on merit. No stinking nepotism, unfair wages, pulling strings, bribes, etc.

Orb was silly not to consider or discuss a compromise plan.
Again, the Atlantic Federation wanted to discuss and they got blown up. Explain that.

Explain why Durandal wanted to blow up Orb too.

Destiny plan came down to, you don't agree with me or you don't fit into what I think is acceptable, you die. That's the definition of evil.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:46   Link #163
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's not the Destiny Plan, that's Durandal blowing up the people who oppose the plan.
Old 2012-07-14, 05:58   Link #164
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's not the Destiny Plan, that's Durandal blowing up the people who oppose the plan.
Powerabuse, a typical thing in both the Destiny plan and Communism!

While Communism might be a great idea, it wont work because humans are greedy and powerhungry.

Same with the Destiny plan!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 06:49   Link #165
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Yeah Communism and the Destiny plan are great concepts. Crafted by delusional idealists who simply don't grasp the reality of life.

Same for Ezelcant, who gleefully presumes that inferior seeds won't actually emerge from within his superior race, that's usually what happens when population grows beyond manageable proportions..
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 11:19   Link #166
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Powerabuse, a typical thing in both the Destiny plan and Communism!

While Communism might be a great idea, it wont work because humans are greedy and powerhungry.

Same with the Destiny plan!
But blowing people up is not part of the plan. Don't mistake Dullindal's actions for the plan itself.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:06   Link #167
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

as i said, Communism and the Destiny plan might be good ideas, but they will never follow through, Durandal can't even follow his own Destiny plan, if the leader doesnt follow it, why would the people?
Old 2012-07-14, 13:15   Link #168
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

communism doesn't work because for it to work you'd need humans to be perfect creatures, and we are very imperfect. In communism there's still a 1%, the only difference is the 99% has no way in hell of bettering themselves and aspire to be in the 1% like it is the case with democratic societies. How many of those 1% came from nothing?
Old 2012-07-14, 15:16   Link #169
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Nothing wrong with the idea in and of itself though.
Old 2012-07-14, 15:19   Link #170
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Nothing wrong with the idea in and of itself though.
But it is, it fails to take human error into account, and thats why communism will never work in todays society
Old 2012-07-14, 19:56   Link #171
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah, but the idea in and of itself still sounds rather nice.
Old 2012-07-14, 21:20   Link #172
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
But it is, it fails to take human error into account, and thats why communism will never work in todays society
Actually Marx did leave a sidenote to his manifesto work; which I recall to be some of his own doubts pertaining to his mind-blowing political ideas.

Actually I feel there's nothing wrong with Communism as a political idea. Ideas are based on theories which are themselves imperfect when pitted against complicated, confounding human experiences. Even if the original creator tries to ground his/her idea as much on reality as possible, their human experiences are still incomplete and wouldn't cater to differing societies and preferences.

It all depends on the people who implement the idea, whether they have the political nous and realist brain to modify the idea to fit the existing political contexts. Communism failed because its followers, notably Mao thanks to his dubious anti-rightist exploits, failed to realise the disparity between their naive communist ideal and local conditions.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 06:13   Link #173
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Plus you know, just because an idea is hard or impossible to put into practice, doesn't make them any less nice ideas to think about.

Tags
weekly episode discussion