AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-27, 16:44   Link #1081
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its one of the reasons why I am somewhat hesitant in getting the E-75. With an improved suspension, the turn rate is only 21. This is just 1 above the KV, and everyone knows how awful the KVs can be in that respect. Right now I am grinding down the IS line, because their maneuverability is far superior. Although the IS-7, a Tier X, can easily be damaged by my Konigstiger's stock 88mm gun, its maneuverability is what I crave since I believe speed & firepower are more vital.

- Tak
The stock E-75 is terrible, but it turns in place so the 21 traverse is actually a bit faster than it seems in practice.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:02   Link #1082
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Who's planning to keep their T1E6 as a collectable? I'm debating it, but that money seems too good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think I'll keep it. A premium, albeit a Tier 2, is still a premium after all.
I think I'll keep mine as well, for the same reason why I keep the BT-2. For fun really (I literally have the most fun in the BT-2).

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to stop the German TD Line (I'm up to JagdPanther) and work on the British Light/Medium line.

Endless "nickname here" Soul
Old 2012-12-27, 17:02   Link #1083
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hmm....thank. I guess I got the ideal what to do with my M6 crews.

Any suggestion for the Hellcat? I don't intend to move up anymore and will just keep this baby.
I just got the hellcat myself after an intense grind session tonight, I've only just fitted the second engine as I already had it researched but now I must grind for the xp and creds for the upgraded tracks so I can kit it out with the next turret and gun...

In other news managed to get the scout and defender medal in the same game with the luchs ! also got its victory percentage up is 68% out of 80 odd games with my overall victory count for all tanks sitting at a modest 55%.

My luchs crew is also about to hit 100% so I'll have to pick out some perks I think will work well, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should train them up in ?

Last edited by Drake; 2012-12-27 at 17:29.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:11   Link #1084
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

my 1st master

I dont like Hellcat compare to T49. I found sluggish and very weak.

Last edited by RRW; 2012-12-27 at 17:11. Reason: my 1st master
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 17:19   Link #1085
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The stock E-75 is terrible, but it turns in place so the 21 traverse is actually a bit faster than it seems in practice.
Yeah, I will have to get that in order to become somewhat competitive in the upcoming clan wars. However, eventually I am going to go down the IS route so I would have a tank that is more suited to my needs.

With the E-75 see, you can only move forward. Once you move towards one direction, don't expect to ever go back (in time)

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-27 at 17:47.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:47   Link #1086
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I'm starting to really love the Hummel. It hits like hell, and it has a very precise gun (starts with the Grille gun). In a good battle I got over 15k, enough to cover repairs and ammo.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 18:48   Link #1087
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, here's what I can only imagine was some "Take Charge" and "Leadership" initiative from someone in the HAVOK clan.

I was playing in a pub match last night on Widepark. People spread out across the middle railway with focus on the western tunnels and the eastern parklands. Around 5 minutes into the match, we notice fewer and fewer visible enemy tanks spotted about the map .. when all of a sudden, 6-7 tanks all charge over the hill over the western slope simultaneously! Keep in mind this was a pub game, so I can only say it was a masterstroke of leadership that wasn't due to a blind lemming charge. Suffice to say they very quickly demolished the 2-3 heavies guarding that one area and quickly brought burning death to the rest of us.

Let's say it was impressive being on the receiving end .. I can only hope to accomplish the same in the future!
Old 2012-12-27, 19:12   Link #1088
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Yeah, to pull that off, I think I will need the speed to keep up. This is why I think I will need to go down the IS line because of the series balanced armor, speed and firepower.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 20:35   Link #1089
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

I dont like Hellcat compare to T49. I found sluggish and very weak.
It's not as nimble as the T49, but in no way it's weak. The gun is pretty good, and the tank is fast enough for taking initiate and flanking. The only bad thing about the Hellcat is 13mm armor at all side. I tried my best to avoid taking any kind of damage or at least going hull down as much as possible.
Old 2012-12-27, 20:54   Link #1090
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, here's what I can only imagine was some "Take Charge" and "Leadership" initiative from someone in the HAVOK clan.

I was playing in a pub match last night on Widepark. People spread out across the middle railway with focus on the western tunnels and the eastern parklands. Around 5 minutes into the match, we notice fewer and fewer visible enemy tanks spotted about the map .. when all of a sudden, 6-7 tanks all charge over the hill over the western slope simultaneously! Keep in mind this was a pub game, so I can only say it was a masterstroke of leadership that wasn't due to a blind lemming charge. Suffice to say they very quickly demolished the 2-3 heavies guarding that one area and quickly brought burning death to the rest of us.

Let's say it was impressive being on the receiving end .. I can only hope to accomplish the same in the future!
Something similar happened to me on Malinovka a year or so ago:

It was a tier 10 battle with 3 Mauses on our side. At the very start of the battle, they began a crawl ACROSS THE FIELD in a tight formation. The enemy started freaking out and all stopped to shoot at them, without taking good cover. About half of our remaining tanks started sniping while the others just rushed behind the Maus trio. By the time the enemy got into better positions, more than half our team was getting all close and personal on their side. We simply cleaned them up as the Maus 3x continued to advance like a creeping gray doom.Our only loss was one Maus killed by too much arty and misc. HE fire.

I call it the "Battle of the Three Blind Mice".
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:34   Link #1091
Newhope

Seriously why hasn't this tank been heavily nerfed?
Spoiler for Pics:
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 21:39   Link #1092
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Most of the time, if you don't take charge, no one will. I literally had to sacrifice myself in the M6 bunch of times just because 5 tanks got held down by a single KV-1S. After I just rushed myself and almost got killed by him, my teammates decided to move up. At least we won, but I died without gaining much anything back.

I know to win a battle, you need sacrifices, but it's not a nice feeling when you're always the one who has to do that.

Whenever I see a team with 6 to 7 coordinated players, mostly that battle will be one-sided and finished off quickly. I really wish I could see those kinds of players more frequently.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:41   Link #1093
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Spoiler for Pics:
cause it a russian tank and this game is made by russian, obviously they will never nerf tanks of their great mother land.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:46   Link #1094
Newhope

In tier 6 games I'am literally unstoppable unless I get ganged up on by 4-5 other tanks or run into another KV-1S.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 23:23   Link #1095
willx
Nyaaan~~

Interesting, I just noticed something .. my crew on one of my tanks is leveling at significantly different rates. In fact, my radio operator is only at 13% on his second skill vs everyone else at around 40/41% ..
Old 2012-12-28, 00:05   Link #1096
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did he get knockout frequently? Knocked out member only receives 50% exp, so that could be the reason.
Old 2012-12-28, 00:09   Link #1097
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Because it's also one of the most easily killed tanks. It happens to be what I kill the most using Tier 5 tanks, even more than I kill KV-1 tanks.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 00:32   Link #1098
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I was in a medium tank company with some of the guys in this thread a while back, and the only other TC was an entire clan with a swarm of KV-1S. I think my KV-2 was the only thing on our side that actually gave them pause.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 00:45   Link #1099
Gravitas Free Zone

We had a game on South Coast tonight where the other team ran their three KV-1s north up the beach. It worked well for them; I was getting penetrations but no crits with the 75mm L/48.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 00:45   Link #1100
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did he get knockout frequently? Knocked out member only receives 50% exp, so that could be the reason.
Holy crap. My radio operator is getting knocked out a lot .. There's a 27% XP gap on 2nd skills! -- on second thought, it may be because I accidentally clicked retrain on him with spending silver vs. the other guys .. my brain has been quite frazzled lately due to lack of sleep. Fiancé has been ill and coughing through the night ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I was in a medium tank company with some of the guys in this thread a while back, and the only other TC was an entire clan with a swarm of KV-1S. I think my KV-2 was the only thing on our side that actually gave them pause.
Pretty much. I think the only reliable damage coming out of our team was the KV2, my Grille and some shots out of Kimi's Cromwell. I think when you deal with more experienced non-random pubbies -- 100% crew, full modules, etc.. The KV1S has surprisingly good aim and agility even with a derp gun.

Admittedly, I'm not sure how many on our team were running gold, but it definitely turned into a game of "Who's scout can survive longer" as one of the most important factors..

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks