AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-06, 21:22   Link #1421
alamarco
Why hello there!

That would be a great figure, I can notice from your signature you like your firearms .

Hmmm, my total from series:
Code Geass: 1
Fate/stay night: 3
Final Fantasy VII AC: 2
Final Fantasy VIII: 3
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: 1
Neon Genesis Evangelion: 1
One Piece: 1 (set of 6 unlimited adventures)
Soul Eater: 1 (set of 6 unlimited adventures)
To LOVE-Ru: 1

Shame, I don't have more
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 21:40   Link #1422
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Well you should know my signature and avatar are from HotD. ;D

I'm also looking forward to the figure of Selvaria from Valkyria Chronicles being released. Should go with Alicia really well.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 23:37   Link #1423
alamarco
Why hello there!

Indeed, hehe

@rainbow_star: Hmmm, I seen your updated blogpost for Saeko. Now I know what you mean by pupils . Personally, I think the unpainted version looked better. Also, mine will be displayed with apron on (and I'd prefer if it wasn't removable ) so pupils no need painting
Old 2009-03-06, 23:40   Link #1424
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Indeed, hehe

@rainbow_star: Hmmm, I seen your updated blogpost for Saeko. Now I know what you mean by pupils . Personally, I think the unpainted version looked better. Also, mine will be displayed with apron on (and I'd prefer if it wasn't removable ) so pupils no need painting
lol...after seens RS's review, I want one too now...

also, I am really looking forward to this one

and Alpha Omega's Sheryl from Macross Frontier...
I think I will probably get these two together with Saber lily this year
nothing else really interest me
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 02:40   Link #1425
dfens

Got my Saeko figure the other day been so busy haven't taken her out of the box yet. Dam the box is huge. I had to have this figure, money well spent.

What pisses me off my Roberta from Black Lagoon is still on back order since way back in october when I pre-ordered it.

Even got the huge poster as well last august. Bought the Dragon Age mag just for the poster of Saeko alone not bad for only 8 bucks. Now I have to find a picture frame to put it in and throw it on the wall.

Kind of want to paint the pupils but I plan on keeping the apron on. If I do attempt maybe some tamiya paint will do, rubbing alcohol takes it off if I mess up but the hard part is mixing the perfect flesh pink tone color.

At least I can pose it next to the Rei, toy works figure.

Now I can't wait for the Saya with Ithica M37 shotgun hope I don't have to wait almost another year for the next HSOTD from toy works.

I'll try to get my buddy to take some pics of all my figures with his Nikkon D200 and post them up.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 07:14   Link #1426
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

What do you guys mean about the eyes not being painted? I'm very new to the whole PVC figures thing so I'd love to learn more and what you've all got to say.

Old 2009-03-07, 07:33   Link #1427
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, most sites have disclaimers about ready PVCs, something along the lines of the figures being mass produced so they may have flaws, blahblah.

I have come across a number of flaws in my figures, mainly ither a slight discoloration that shouldn't really be there, or some tiny scratch, nothing major that couldn't really be fixed if you wanted to redo the paint job in that particular area but I don't mind. The worse flaws I've come across are
1) a white dot missing from the right eye of my Tama-chan, which makes that side look like SeedMODE Tama. But it feels unique so I didn't try adding the dot.
2) The first Elis figure from ToysPlaying (or something) was faulty and can't stand straight as she's supposed to be. Can't really fix that cause it's a PVC problem.
3) An old Asuka (NGE) figure that can't be supported on her stand anymore, probably a misalignment of the center of weight put a lot of force to her feet connecting with the stand. Now I just put her at the end of my figure library to get support from the side in order to stand. Some other figures seem to have a slight problem like that, but I generally still manage to return them to their proper position.

Unless we were talking about something else :P
Old 2009-03-07, 08:13   Link #1428
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Unless we were talking about something else :P
I'll let you off because of the Kaede signature...

Just kidding. I've noticed a few issues on my couple of figures too but like you said, its not really anything major or noticeable unless you look really hard.

But I was more asking in reference to the HotD Saeko figure regarding her eyes.

Old 2009-03-07, 10:24   Link #1429
alamarco
Why hello there!

@fallschirmjager: Not her eyes, the other pupils. You know, those pupils. If you look at rainbow_stars new pictures you'll notice a difference from one set of photos to the other.

@dfens: I'm waiting for a frame too before I put my Saeko poster up. I went looking for one early this week, but the only place that had them they were all scratched. They had 4 on display and all 4 were ripped and scratched. Might be getting some in today, so I'll have to hurry before other customers get them .
Old 2009-03-07, 17:50   Link #1430
dfens

Yeah the pupils are on Saeko's chest. I should have just said nipples I don't think this site will censor that word. Yeah dam figure is just plain flesh color for the whole breasts no pink at all just like a barbie doll.

Still my favorite character from the series I would kill for a figure of her in the gartered stockings.

I love the poster I should have bought a second one, only thing I hate is the fold lines and that it's so huge, big as my wallscroll that the glass picture frame will probably cost 30-50 dollars.

Luckily I found out that issue of dragon age had the poster before hand and I pre-ordered it at my local japanese book store. Normally I buy the tankobans for HSOTD, but this time I had to have it.
Old 2009-03-07, 17:56   Link #1431
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Figma Haruhi Bio5 chainsaw fun.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 19:03   Link #1432
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

^ lol.... poor needa...
Old 2009-03-07, 20:10   Link #1433
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Haruhi ftw!
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 20:10   Link #1434
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
@fallschirmjager: Not her eyes, the other pupils. You know, those pupils. If you look at rainbow_stars new pictures you'll notice a difference from one set of photos to the other.

@dfens: I'm waiting for a frame too before I put my Saeko poster up. I went looking for one early this week, but the only place that had them they were all scratched. They had 4 on display and all 4 were ripped and scratched. Might be getting some in today, so I'll have to hurry before other customers get them .
Argh, bloody hell I'm dense...

On another note, does any one now where I could get that poster of Saeko now?

Old 2009-03-08, 02:30   Link #1435
dfens

The poster might be out of print. I just checked amazon jp and they didn't have any back issues of the magazine that it came in. One time I saw it on Ebay it sold well over 30-40 dollars. Yahoo japan had one a while back for about 20 dollars.

If you want I can pull my copy of dragon age and get the ISBN number if you have a japanese book store near you, they can tell you if they can still order it. But I'm going to say the chances are very low, lots of people bought it just for the poster like me and if you can order it still unless it's a first unsold pressing I doubt the poster would be included.

Here is a pic of what it looks like the poster.

http://s2.subirimagenes.com/otros/709158age03.jpg
Old 2009-03-08, 03:03   Link #1436
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

I'd really appreciate it dfens if you could get me that ISBN. I might be able to get a local book store to source it. They got me a rare Fallschirmjäger historiography from Germany once so they might have a crack at this for me too.

Old 2009-03-08, 04:01   Link #1437
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I'd really appreciate it dfens if you could get me that ISBN. I might be able to get a local book store to source it. They got me a rare Fallschirmjäger historiography from Germany once so they might have a crack at this for me too.
best way is find the title of the magazine, then google it with ISBN.
if English doesn't work, try get japanese title
Old 2009-03-08, 19:43   Link #1438
dfens

Dragon Age August, 08 ISBN: 4910166730887

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%89%E3...SIN=B001B9QFPS
Old 2009-03-08, 23:17   Link #1439
rainbow_star

Here are the stuff at I got in Feb. Wow I spent a lot last month! (Oo.

Spoiler for lots of pic:

More pic in my blog. =]
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 01:01   Link #1440
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_star View Post
Here are the stuff at I got in Feb. Wow I spent a lot last month! (Oo.

Spoiler for lots of pic:

More pic in my blog. =]
Ohhh, you're the person running NekoMagic. Keep up the good work!
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote