AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 12:55   Link #41
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
What in the blue monkey hell is this????
Somewhere is the world, a World of Warcraft fan is crying

Funny as hell though
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 19:06   Link #42
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Somewhere is the world, a World of Warcraft fan is crying
Because he found out that he's been peeing during WoW hasn't he?

Quote:
Never knew Guardians / Devourers were considered 'fast and weak'.
they are not weak, just takes too long and too much to make them. Most people use early or mid tech in pvps.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 19:22   Link #43
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Damn, I wish May 19 is here already.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 07:44   Link #44
ImperialPanda

Might be fun, but strategy-wise I doubt there will ever be another RTS as great as SCBW.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 08:12   Link #45
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

As far as popularity goes, I'm of the same opinion.
But as for stratagy, mhh.. I personally like Tiberium Wars ATM, its got some decent stratagy in it, compared with other games. (tho' it's gettin' way too much tank-spam flame then it deserves)
None of the pro's play pure tank spam anyway,
and you can't really win against anyone with half 'a' brain with just tank spam,
but well.. there are a hell of a lot of hot-headed n00bs out there.
Old 2007-05-05, 11:57   Link #46
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I actually don't like TW that much, their story mode is great but then their multiplayer mode is too much like WC3, where all you have to do is to get a team of end-tech units of the most powerful race and you win by default... This is why many Korean are concert that SC2 might turn into something like that U_U;;
Cause SC1 is not about who got bigger guns, it's about if you can use your brain or not; and that's why I love SC1 so much, there is no such thing as a "god unit" in SC1.

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-05-05 at 12:09.
Old 2007-05-05, 12:27   Link #47
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The campaing is too easy, at least with the level of the game it's pathetic, it's almost like they are giving you mammoths tripods etc. I mean seriously, the cpu attacks you in waves and from Blizzkersky like openings.. how can you loose.. they might as well give you free nukes or start you off at the missions with 100 mamoths.

I know what you mean tho', I've seen more then a few attempts at copy/pasting SC success xP Totally pathetic to say the least.. I have hope, but I also have doubts that blizz can actually pull it off, and keep their spotless track record.
Old 2007-05-06, 00:52   Link #48
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I actually don't like TW that much, their story mode is great but then their multiplayer mode is too much like WC3, where all you have to do is to get a team of end-tech units of the most powerful race and you win by default... This is why many Korean are concert that SC2 might turn into something like that U_U;;
Cause SC1 is not about who got bigger guns, it's about if you can use your brain or not; and that's why I love SC1 so much, there is no such thing as a "god unit" in SC1.
Brain...You mean Zerg Rush?
Old 2007-05-07, 14:23   Link #49
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

zerging rush don't work all the time, Zrush is more like playing poker sometimes (assuming that you don't use map hack), cause you don't know what your enemy have. If your enemy is a good player, there is so many ways around it and even turn the table on you.

Anyways, here is something that you might see in SC2 They are from the SCG, but I guess this is why they said "you can't have SCG without screwing/spoiling SC2" :
Spoiler for :

11 days left till moment of truth
Old 2007-05-07, 19:07   Link #50
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=163207

A good number of you look to be anticipating a new SC RTS, but if that link is true, we're getting a World of Starcraft, not Starcraft 2.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:32   Link #51
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

well, both are still up in the air, we will see which will land. Either way, 2009 is going to be another good year for gamers. It will be a great year if it's really SC2
Old 2007-05-08, 07:15   Link #52
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hope for RTS, want MMO.. *lol*
-------------------------------------------
It'd be kuel if we got both, now wouldn't that be sweet
Old 2007-05-08, 11:18   Link #53
Prodigy
Heartless

Its about time they come out with SC2. Ive been playin SC for 5 years waiting for SC2. I recently just stopped playing. I dont think SC2 is going to be as big as the original and expansion.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 11:29   Link #54
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, first C&C3, now even Starcraft is getting a long overdue sequel. Once the news becomes confirmed, living in East Asia, I'll be one of the first to report firsthand of a non-geological induced seismic event detected in the Korean peninsular, and it's not caused by the testing of some "rogue nuclear warhead" in the North, but by millions of gamers in the South jumping simultaneously at the same time.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 17:41   Link #55
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
I dont think SC2 is going to be big
Ok, where is my homemade firebat glove? I think it's time I burn something unworthly again
Old 2007-05-09, 01:10   Link #56
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Morita View Post
Its about time they come out with SC2. Ive been playin SC for 5 years waiting for SC2. I recently just stopped playing. I dont think SC2 is going to be as big as the original and expansion.
You forget, ALOT of people thought the same about Starcraft back in the day. Now, it's a legendary game that has forever influenced the RTS genre, and not to mention nearly unofficially being South Korea's national sport *exxageration*

If Blizzard manages to do this right, then SC2 could have the potential to surpass even the original and Brood War. Although yes, the fear does exist that they might not match the awesomeness the second time around.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 03:11   Link #57
ImClueless
Rawr

It gonna take alot of innovation and ingenuity for SC2 to live up to all this hype. I mean come on it hasn't even been officially announced yet and look at the fuss its kicking up. Don't get me wrong I loved the original and chances are will rush out and get the next one, but I don't anticipate being "wowed" like I was the first time around.

First of all the RTS genre has come a long way since SC1 and will go long way by the time it comes out. Its been ten years and will probably be at least another 3 before we see the product. Also, the players are alot older now and frankly jaded. Perhaps it will be a wonderful experience for first timers, but for people who have played RTSs through the years its gonna take alot to capture that same feeling of "OMG BEST GAME EVAR!!!!" I recently realized this playing both C&C3 and SupCom where I felt, "Ok the snazzy graphics are nice, but haven't I played these games before?"
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 04:12   Link #58
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

If you played the original Dune 2 by Westwood, you realized that the RTS genre haven't really change that much at all with the exception of improved UI, spiffier graphics and RPG elements added to it.

The biggest draw SC had over the rest of the RTS during the genre's golden period was the unique 3 factions' unit and playing style. A lot of RTS still relies on the tech up and tank rush strategy but in SC, even weak low tech units like marines, zerglings and zealot remained deadly throughout the gameplay and are often key to a number of pro-player's strategy.
Old 2007-05-09, 08:40   Link #59
Backfire

a reason not to be excited about another RTS Starcraft is the fact that a lot of key members of Blizzard left awhile back. After seeing how horribly balance World of Warcraft is, I cannot see them make another RTS.
Backfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 08:54   Link #60
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Another point one has to remember is that the original Starcraft went through numerous patches and an expansion before it became what we know today. It would be perfectly normal for SC2 to have a tonne of bugs and uncountable player imbalance issues when it comes out.

In effect, I am expecting a million "HAX! This game is worse than the original!" cries of disappointment because people expected a game that was brand new to be more refined and polished compared to its predecessor, which had years of tweaking done.

I will give SC2 3 years and perhaps an expansion before it could match SC1 in popularity. One wonders how the Korean gaming will react to it.

(Here's an idea... Blizzard can hire Korean pro-gamers to playtest SC2. If there is gaming issues, those guys would find them. )

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows