AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 22:38   Link #4061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

More or less. New Strike animation or not, I really don't see them rewriting much in the story. And I don't think they'll cast new lines for new cameo appearances--we didn't see Shinn talking, did we? So I doubt we'll hear Durandal talk. If we do see him talk in a speech, it'll likely be televised and unvoiced, with someone else talking over him like what happens so often in such scenes. It'd be an otherwise unimportant background event and it'd only last a second or so.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:00   Link #4062
monster

Indeed, but then again, I didn't expect Perfect Strike to appear. So I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised over whatever they have in store for the remaining episodes of the remaster.

Anyway, I wonder if we will see SEED's version of the explosion that killed Shinn's family next episode or if we have gone past that moment with the entrance of Justice into the battle.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 23:06   Link #4063
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah. But let's face it: altering the attacks and the appearance of the Strike certainly isn't that big of an accomplishment, comparatively speaking. I don't think we can expect any major rewrites of scenes: perhaps he'll fare better against Rau, but he'll still be defeated, and he'll still get struck down tanking a shot from the Dominion to save the Archangel. It might look different, but ultimately the effect will still be the same. With the confirmation of Shinn this show is still linked to Gundam SEED Destiny and they'll need to make sure SEED still fits with what is used by Destiny. It limits their options.

As it stands they should save any major rewrites for Destiny to fix its more wallbanger moments. Unlikely that that will happen, if they rewrite anything, it better be in Destiny.

(unless it means saving Flay and hooking Kira up with her. If they're going to do that they can have my fucking money)
Old 2012-08-24, 23:15   Link #4064
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Isn't Destiny always linked with SEED? I mean, one is the sequel to the other. Why does Shinn appearing in the HD episodes cement that even more so?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 23:17   Link #4065
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Remaster could've been used as an excellent time to retcon Destiny and try something new, perhaps something with Kira as the protagonist from the get-go.

But Shinn's in SEED. So Destiny looks to be in the future for the SEED Remaster.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:20   Link #4066
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Who knows, maybe Shinn was blown away off screen this time!
Old 2012-08-24, 23:21   Link #4067
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't think we can expect any major rewrites of scenes
Oh, I don't expect them to change the story too much. I do think changing how Mu exits "the stage" could make it better for a Destiny tie-in. Again, I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised while not expecting much.
Quote:
(unless it means saving Flay and hooking Kira up with her. If they're going to do that they can have my fucking money)
Old 2012-08-24, 23:24   Link #4068
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Having Shinn be in the remaster episodes makes no difference to me. On screen or not, what happens to him is still happening.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:29   Link #4069
monster

For me, having Shinn in the SEED remaster is simply a matter of Bandai making a statement that Destiny is not a forgotten part of the CE universe. Or, it's an indication that a Destiny remaster is planned.

Either way, I like what it could mean.
Old 2012-08-24, 23:59   Link #4070
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
On the other hand, as a Destiny tie-in, if they don’t make Mu’s “death” more survivable than what we’ve already given, I won’t give a damn nickle to Bandai for this Remaster (I’ll just DL the fansub from the net ).
Old 2012-08-25, 00:33   Link #4071
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Seconded, and Thirded
Old 2012-08-25, 00:54   Link #4072
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
For me, having Shinn in the SEED remaster is simply a matter of Bandai making a statement that Destiny is not a forgotten part of the CE universe. Or, it's an indication that a Destiny remaster is planned.

Either way, I like what it could mean.
A bit early don't ya think? A Destiny remaster wouldn't air till 2014, that's two years away.
Old 2012-08-25, 01:46   Link #4073
monster

Well, I did say planned, not that they're working on it right now. It will also probably depend on how well the SEED remaster does on the market. If it doesn't do well, then a Destiny remaster is less likely to happen.
Old 2012-08-25, 07:45   Link #4074
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Having Shinn be in the remaster episodes makes no difference to me. On screen or not, what happens to him is still happening.
You sound like you're in denial. Showing Shinn means that Destiny still happens in remastered Universe and again, Shinn is too popular a character to kill off. Especially off screen. So if you expected a new ending for SEED that retcons out Destiny it's unlikely and would be liking them shooting themselves in the foot. Mostly because it makes more sense to make money on an HD Destiny in the future and it'll give them more time to redo Destiny to make Shinn more understandable and likeable. Or at the very least make Kira less of a self righteous jerk or even Athrun not being confused as heck on what he wants... Or Cagalli crying. Taking out a lot of her crying scenes and replacing them with her blowing stuff up would vastly improve Destiny.

SEED doesn't even need any real changes and it's too late to change Mwu's fate because of the Destiny plot. The major changes are better left saved for Destiny, even if they still want to do Shinn vs Athrun and Kira at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Playing with Talia's heart to be exact.

I'm looking forward to a Lunamaria cameo.
Most likely if she got one it would be after the remastered remake ends and the credits are through. Such as Shinn being accepted into the ZAFT forces and he meets Lunamaria and her sister with Shinn saying a rude comment and Lunamaria getting angry at his lack of respect since she is a year older than him.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 08:33   Link #4075
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You sound like you're in denial. Showing Shinn means that Destiny still happens in remastered Universe and again, Shinn is too popular a character to kill off. Especially off screen. So if you expected a new ending for SEED that retcons out Destiny it's unlikely and would be liking them shooting themselves in the foot. Mostly because it makes more sense to make money on an HD Destiny in the future and it'll give them more time to redo Destiny to make Shinn more understandable and likeable. Or at the very least make Kira less of a self righteous jerk or even Athrun not being confused as heck on what he wants... Or Cagalli crying. Taking out a lot of her crying scenes and replacing them with her blowing stuff up would vastly improve Destiny.

SEED doesn't even need any real changes and it's too late to change Mwu's fate because of the Destiny plot. The major changes are better left saved for Destiny, even if they still want to do Shinn vs Athrun and Kira at the end.
Denial? Where do I come off as in denial?
Old 2012-08-25, 09:24   Link #4076
Destined_Fate

When you decided that Shinn should die off screen because he wasn't shown dying on screen because he's actually fairly popular.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 09:34   Link #4077
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Who knows, maybe Shinn was blown away off screen this time!
You're talking about this post I made?

That was a joke...
Old 2012-08-25, 14:29   Link #4078
Washu-Chan