AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-27, 22:39   Link #21
tempco

Sounds like a great idea. I've only finished watching the series yesterday, and was completely caught off-guard by how the series touched on many of the issues that I've been dealing with personally. Would love to re-watch this and participate in discussion to try and glean a few more ideas and perspectives for myself.
Old 2011-01-01, 09:11   Link #22
Upgraded

I also think I'm in for this, I really enjoyed Toradora. When I watched it I finished it quite fast so it would be nice to watch everything again, maybe I missed some things in the anime
Old 2011-01-01, 14:11   Link #23
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It's great seeing that everyone is looking to join in. It all starts this week, don't forget.
Old 2011-01-01, 14:50   Link #24
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So this week we start by watching episode 1 right(in other words one episode per week)?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-02, 00:26   Link #25
Bacun

I just finished this series. My heart aches so much after leaving the world of Ryuji and Taiga . I've never felt such emotions before, even with other animes I've loved. Ugh, only if I could live in the shoes of Ryuji~

I will be joining this rewatch along with you guys!
Old 2011-01-02, 01:49   Link #26
Cream

Since its a re-watch do i have to hold back spoilers and stuff?
Because watching it a second time(like most of us will be ) we'll see it in different views.
By the way, can't wait till' we discuss the ending episodes because it'll be filled with debates .(In a good way of course)
Old 2011-01-02, 16:08   Link #27
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
So this week we start by watching episode 1 right(in other words one episode per week)?
Once a week. It's as if the episode is airing every Saturday again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Because watching it a second time(like most of us will be ) we'll see it in different views.
By the way, can't wait till' we discuss the ending episodes because it'll be filled with debates .(In a good way of course)
No need for spoiler tags since this is a re-watch. We can discuss, relate, and compare future episodes as necessary.
Old 2011-01-03, 14:01   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Just like DragoZERO said, no need to hold spoilers on us. If its in terms of "re-watch" its pretty clear that everyone should have watched it beforehand or atleast the people on this thread.
Old 2011-01-03, 20:12   Link #29
Kerrazy

I just got done watching this anime. At first I didn't care for it too much, but than when I got more into it, especially at the end, it became one of my favorite romance animes. I wouldn't mind re-watching it again xD
Old 2011-01-03, 22:43   Link #30
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great to have another participant. I am even reading the novel now to add to the conversation more. I plan to make a giant post every week with excerpts from the novel, such as exclusions by the anime (I think I spotted one already but my memory for episode one is a little fuzzy, lol) and the book that came with the DVDs that contains extra info and interviews.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:14   Link #31
Bacun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Great to have another participant. I am even reading the novel now to add to the conversation more. I plan to make a giant post every week with excerpts from the novel, such as exclusions by the anime (I think I spotted one already but my memory for episode one is a little fuzzy, lol) and the book that came with the DVDs that contains extra info and interviews.
Are there translations of the novels online I can find?
Old 2011-01-04, 00:12   Link #32
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacun View Post
Are there translations of the novels online I can find?
there are, but they are still being released as of now.

they're only just after the pool event where taiga almost downed.
Old 2011-01-04, 09:20   Link #33
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Actually, all ten volumes are translated now. They have it at Baka-Tsuki and you can find a torrent with .pdf's on BakaBT.
Old 2011-01-04, 17:35   Link #34
Kerrazy

Quote:
Actually, all ten volumes are translated now. They have it at Baka-Tsuki and you can find a torrent with .pdf's on BakaBT.
Cool, Im currently reading Suzuka right now but I'll prob start reading Toradroa! next.
Old 2011-01-05, 17:09   Link #35
Brushfire
New kid on the block. ;o

Send a message via AIM to Brushfire Send a message via MSN to Brushfire
I'm up for doing this with you guys, I loved that series and was considering rewatching it not too long ago. Should be fun.
Old 2011-01-08, 01:21   Link #36
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Episode 1 - Tiger and Dragon

What an enjoyable episode, truly. Ryuji's misfortune made me laugh yet again. You can't help but feel bad for the guy, he really does try hard.

And the DVD was awesome. White subtitles, great translation (kept itadakimasu)... if only more releases were like this.

Featured Interview Excerpt:

MAJIMA Junji as TAKASU Ryuji

>> Out of Taiga, Minori and Ami, who would you choose?
"Me? It's difficult to choose from those three... (laughs) I'd get an ulcer if I went with Taiga. Minori is attractive, but I can't follow what she says at all. Ami seems normal, but she is sort of two-faced, so that's tough as well. Being in a relationship with any of those three requries a lot of courage, but it would be fun to share a classroom with them. I was a goody-goody like Ryuji when I was in school, so I'd love to be part of that class and enjoy student life with them."

See how he dodged that question, lol.

>>What was your favorite scene from Episodes 1-4?
"Episode 2, when Ryuji says "Since ancient times, only dragons stand on equal grounds with tigers." It's a scene that really represents the theme of Toradora! I also like the scene in Episode 1 where Taiga rolls out of the locker , and the close ups of Inko-chan."

I liked Taiga rolling out of the locker too.

Novel Excerpt:

Here is the novel's description of Ryuji's dad. I felt more of an impression from it than that quick picture we had in the anime.
Spoiler for Light Novel - Vol. 1:
Old 2011-01-08, 08:04   Link #37
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The Light Novel seems far more sympathetic to Ryuuji's dad. Anyway, I watched the first episode. Brings back memories. Everything about it is just perfect, especially the comedy.
Old 2011-01-08, 08:19   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Taiga really started out like a typical Kugimiya character: you really don't like her at the start, and as the series ends you either like her a lot or have grown to hate her. Thankfully Taiga was the former, and is still my favorite Kugimiya tsundere to this day. Well at least she wasn't an abusive bitch by the half way point anyway.

It was a pretty stock pilot, but it really got better as the series went on. Oh and the ED still rocks to this day. Dragon and tiger, yet salt on vanilla.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-01-08 at 10:21.
Old 2011-01-08, 11:33   Link #39
Upgraded

Quote:
Could you please PM me the torrent link? :3
Old 2011-01-08, 12:23   Link #40
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It was a pretty stock pilot, but it really got better as the series went on. Oh and the ED still rocks to this day. Dragon and tiger, yet salt on vanilla.
I loved both EDs and OP2. I did not like the first OP though, never grew on me or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgraded View Post
Could you please PM me the torrent link? :3
Use Google.

Tags
re-watch, toradora