AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-05, 08:01   Link #1481
bakapervert
A pervert

^Yeah, haven't seen any brainy type yet here.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 09:19   Link #1482
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
How can anyone be sure that it was really 'God' who brought them there. I don't know, but it sounds a bit suspicious. The Church and the king also does not seem to be awfully honest with the group. Regardless of the truth, I can already see part of the student body jumping the gun Ichiro Okouchi style.
I suppose there is always a possibility, but since there really hasn't been much of any hint of dishonesty or suspicious action yet, and with all the details given by Orcus that only adds proof to the Gods being the real culprits, I believe there's not much yet to make one think otherwise. But I do believe their view shared of the demon race doesn't include the full picture.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 09:44   Link #1483
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
^Yeah, haven't seen any brainy type yet here.
what about their teacher?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 09:54   Link #1484
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
what about their teacher?
Aiko isn't stupid, but brainy wouldn't be something I'd use to describe her. Knowledge isn't the same thing as intelligence.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 10:56   Link #1485
XFire
150% done

Isn't Shizuku/Shizuka the smart type?
Old 2014-04-05, 11:12   Link #1486
bakapervert
A pervert

The brainy type that I mentioned here is someone like Lelouch or Shikamaru. Someone so smart they calculate 100 moves ahead and will smugly say 'Keikaku dori' at the end of the fight. We haven't seen that type of character yet.
Old 2014-04-05, 11:15   Link #1487
kazzuya13

Quote:
The brainy type that I mentioned here is someone like Lelouch or Shikamaru. Someone so smart they calculate 100 moves ahead and will smugly say 'Keikaku dori' at the end of the fight. We haven't seen that type of character yet.
Would be interesting if that person is an antagonist. And would play mind games with Hajime.
Old 2014-04-05, 11:36   Link #1488
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Would be interesting if that person is an antagonist. And would play mind games with Hajime.
Hajime seems the type that would drive the smart-types bonkers with his seemingly random actions and toolbox of skills. Plus we already know how he responds to threats and blackmail.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-04-05 at 11:47.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 11:43   Link #1489
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Hajime seems the type that would drive the smart-types bonkers with his seemingly random actions.
The truly smart one would be able to use Hajime without him knowing. Or derail him toward his ideal plan. Just look at Lelouch his weak (stamina, average pilot unless it's customize like his black robot). Other Geasse are better than his. Even so he still made every single one dance to his tune.
Old 2014-04-05, 14:05   Link #1490
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
The truly smart one would be able to use Hajime without him knowing. Or derail him toward his ideal plan. Just look at Lelouch his weak (stamina, average pilot unless it's customize like his black robot). Other Geasse are better than his. Even so he still made every single one dance to his tune.
The problem being that there isn't anything for them to grab onto to manipulate him with. If they tried to endanger the girls, he'd kill the danger. If they tried to use something he wanted, he'd take it after killing whoever had it. And so on. How do you control someone you can't get a grip on?
Old 2014-04-05, 14:17   Link #1491
Xacual

Manipulate the information being fed to him by the guilds.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:25   Link #1492
InfinityDragonGod

It would be interesting if this happens:

Hajime may end up helping Endo and go back to the Orcus dungeon. He and his team breezes through to the 89th level and beat up the demon and save Kouki and the gang.
When they meet, they don't recognize Hajime including Kaori. Hajime makes sure to keep his identity a secret. Once they get out of the dungeon, they separate.
When Kouki and the gang heads back to the kingdom to report Meld's death, they meet up with Aiko. Aiko tells them she met Hajime and to their surprise the change in his appearance matches the guy who saved them.
Kaori will then make a decision of whether to follow Hajime now, while Daisuke almost pisses his pants after remembering how powerful Hajime was and tries to escape reality
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 15:29   Link #1493
Xacual

That's pretty much the outcome I want to see happen. I think it's the best overall scenario for Hajime since it gives him an out for helping the class without being pressured by everyone to rejoin since they won't know it's him. Not that I think he would succumb to such pressuring but I doubt he'd like to listen to it.

Just depends on if Endo heard him, it seems like Hajime said his name quietly though so probably not.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-04-05, 17:01   Link #1494
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Hajime seems the type that would drive the smart-types bonkers with his seemingly random actions and toolbox of skills. Plus we already know how he responds to threats and blackmail.
well i imagine him killing the one threating him without thinking twice and the one being used for being such a idiot...it's hajime we are talking about after all...
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:12   Link #1495
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
The problem being that there isn't anything for them to grab onto to manipulate him with. If they tried to endanger the girls, he'd kill the danger. If they tried to use something he wanted, he'd take it after killing whoever had it. And so on. How do you control someone you can't get a grip on?
There are unlimited way to manipulate someone. You can dangle the information Hajime want (dungeon location) as some quest reward, you can frame him to drive him into a corner or weaken him, maybe brainwash the girls near him (as shown even Yue and Tio is susceptible to mind control or body hijack), kidnap and blackmail, etc. Any manipulator or strategist worth their salt should know how to be extremely subtle and covering their track. Hajime and group havent faced that kind of villain yet. Though I think maybe our mysterious classmate that currently manipulating Daisuke could potentially be that kind of character.
Old 2014-04-05, 17:41   Link #1496
Guest2

The last chapter was ridiculously funny. While Shea's complaints are nothing new, the length and ridiculous proportions it developed to, added together with Tio's and Miu's comments were great. Then Hajime and his tyrannical dictator act for his little girl and the tsukommis from the guild patrons was just extra gold.

I'm looking forward to seeing the prince's reactions following the outcome of this arc. Whether meeting with Hajime and seeing Kaori and the girls fawn over him, or if Hajime leaves quickly maybe hearing about Hajime non stop from Kaori sets him burning up with jealousy.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:43   Link #1497
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
The last chapter was ridiculously funny. While Shea's complaints are nothing new, the length and ridiculous proportions it developed to, added together with Tio's and Miu's comments were great. Then Hajime and his tyrannical dictator act for his little girl and the tsukommis from the guild patrons was just extra gold.

I'm looking forward to seeing the prince's reactions following the outcome of this arc. Whether meeting with Hajime and seeing Kaori and the girls fawn over him, or if Hajime leaves quickly maybe hearing about Hajime non stop from Kaori sets him burning up with jealousy.
That makes sense. The bratty prince gets jealous and get manipulated by the corrupt bastards to set the kingdom against Hajime.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 18:31   Link #1498
Mars Mode

Quote:
There are unlimited way to manipulate someone. You can dangle the information Hajime want (dungeon location) as some quest reward, you can frame him to drive him into a corner or weaken him, maybe brainwash the girls near him (as shown even Yue and Tio is susceptible to mind control or body hijack), kidnap and blackmail, etc. Any manipulator or strategist worth their salt should know how to be extremely subtle and covering their track. Hajime and group havent faced that kind of villain yet. Though I think maybe our mysterious classmate that currently manipulating Daisuke could potentially be that kind of character.

The thing is, He pretty much doesnt need help, every piece of information he has, he has gotten himself, duneon location he may just as well go and ask the boss of the second dungeon, and what he wants to accomplish he doesnt ask anyone and anything that is a threat he eliminates, and after what happened in yuren I believe the only one that may be a weakness wont leave his sight. Magic doesnt work If the group is always together, and seeing as he can pretty much see the origin of magic, any way of mental control is doomed, and as shown when he was facing the ariadne he will just kill the source of mental control without hesitation.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 19:05   Link #1499
bakapervert
A pervert

Hajime's party often split up when they are in town. And its not like Hajime will refuse information about new dungeon if its offered in return of some reasonable request. The enemy can just set some trap in that quest. A competent manipulator won't be stopped just because the enemy is immune to most trap or they were too strong or brutal. A competent manipulator will spot the smallest opening, calculate a few moves ahead, and construct layers of trap. Hajime and co. is not so invincible that they can't be harmed by a cunning plot.
Old 2014-04-05, 19:13   Link #1500
Xacual

The google drive doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyone have a pdf or anything with all the text saved?

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel