Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
a roast ?

@sky
i KNOW its pointless
but its also equally as likely
No, well, you did use the circular-logic, to show how another point fails, and you did quite achieve that. 8D
It is just, that argument is SO dead, partly because it is being said on the show itself, other then being presented as well. I mean, it is like saying "Did Kallen top Lelouch back in Turn 9?" and someone replies "well, maybe Lelouch would have wanted to top her" and you are like "but ok, we are not talking about wishes, we are talking about canon facts" and the other person is still like "yeah well, we cannot know for sure" and you are like "........".
Yep, the same. Suzaku wanted to win {like probably Lelouch would have wanted to top} but flashnews!11 Kallen topped both of them. Literally and metaphorically. Yeah, i win, i know 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 13:56   Link #20043
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
i love how people say that he needed to have kallen "kill" him in order to complete the plan (becosue it would look more believeable)
completely forgeting that while kallen was OUTSIDE the shield, suzaku had a MUCH easier opponent to "lose" to (losing to a fellow KoR is very believable)
and he beat him like it aint no thing

i also love how people talk about it as if suzaku was going EASY on her
thats one of my "favorite" arguments
suzaku goes up against his childhood mentor - blows him away
he goes up against the closest thing he had to a FRIEND while in the britannian system - he slices him in half
but when he goes up against his OLDEST and MOST POWERFUL rival - THATS the point where he starts easing up
Old 2009-06-12, 14:04   Link #20044
incorrupts
Banned

Kallen. Just that word. "Kallen." I think Kallen is the epitome of girl-gar, or actually, should be used as a term when a girl in a mech pawns from now on.
Like, "dude, that was such a Kallen she pulled." "Man, yeah, wow, so Kallen, that Kallen overflows my vain now."
Yep, makes sense, doesn't it? 8D
Old 2009-06-12, 17:31   Link #20045
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

I was wondering why Kallen was, during those 1000 pages, this easily shipped with every guy but Lelouch and this came to me...(Yeah revisions are awesome when it comes to think deeply about this kind of important matters...)

Kallen is to guys what Lelouch is to girls. Yes, no matter what people say, this can hardly be denied.
Shipped either with Suzaku, or with Gino, or even with Li, if Lelouch was a womanizer, Kallen is a man eater. The difference being there that while Lelouch had significant interactions with most of the girls he was shipped with, it wasn't really the case for Kallen.

Let's see Kallen and Li. Or maybe not. Cause Li is a pedo and Kallen is too old for him so the ship was kinda killed the episode following it birth. Anyway why were they shipped together ?

1/ They are hot !They compliment each other well !
2/ They had significant interactions
3/ They have a canonical interest in each other
4/ Anything but Lelouch, he is meant for Green-chan/Pretty Shirley

Now let's see Kallen and Gino.

Kallen and Suzaku ?

Now take you pick for all of those.
Significant interactions ? No, let's be serious, apart from Suzaku, Kallen didn't have any significant interactions with those guys. And canonical interest ? Come on, Kallen's only interest were Lelouch, the Rebellion, Zero, and her mother. Though we may add Suzaku there cause her worse opponent is certainly worth an eye.
Anything but Lelouch cause he is meant for another girl ? Come on, people can't be THIS bad, it wasn't that, obviously. No the real answer was the first one.

THEY WERE HOT. Yes. Just look at that :

Spoiler for Asian pride:

Look the fiery gaze, this way to stand up beside each other. One could easily, by a simple look at that, picture them sharing a life together. The power of the look....

Spoiler for This one might cause some cardiac problem is you have some problems with Blond guys in Geass:

THAT is hot. Yeah, who cares if Kallen never thought about this guy and used her interactions with him to angst over her rebellious leader. THEY are hot. So of course they are meant to be.

Spoiler for Too much hotness might make you blind:

This one is actually the only one of the list who might have been a real possibility for Kallen. Interest in each other (though hardly this way but still some well known tropes), significant interactions, and to add to all of that, they are both badass and hot. It is not for nothing they are yet one of the most popular ship when it comes to CG het fandom.

Actually, for an anime like CG, which is attracting yaoi fans and fangirls giggling over pretty boys...being hot was certainly enough to ship two characters for many fans. So I came to the conclusion that maybe, if Kallen is this shipped with other guys, and not much with Lelouch (Ok this is still the second most famous pairing aside from yaoi ones) it's maybe because...there was TOO MUCH devellopment.

Building in both season, moments killers, almost kisses, cliche goodbye my lover scene, trading of one's life for the other one...etc etc.
Maybe, just maybe that is the reason why Kallen was loved at the start, and considered as ininteresting at the end. Be hot and shut up, was maybe what many people were waiting from Kallen.

Alas, she choose acting as herself instead of acting as Barbie and happened what happened.
Cause if we are logic, if the look is enough to ship her with A,B,C and D, then her and lelouch's hotness should have been enough. BUT NO. Because there was much more than that. And it killed the fun.

And since even in S1, when she was called «a fangirl» she was disliked...Kallen can't win.
Or maybe...she can just win Lelouch.
Ah well that's already that I guess.

King x Queen for the win

And to add to all of this, Blurry's lyrics are like a Kallen's POV and this is Win. Platinium Soul/MidnightSnowfall's work, of course

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 17:38   Link #20046
Levy
differently sober

So Loli, you are basically saying that Suzaku and Karen is not a bad match?
apart from Kalulu being almighty, but that is redundant...=P

I'm utterly late to the party, but still, happy '1000 pages' Karen's thread!
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 18:02   Link #20047
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

It is Dai-Kalulu. 8D

Oh, you were a part of it as well levy, you should feel proud. Go and shout to the roofs, that you were a part of this and just watch people applauding you, trust me on that one, haha.
Old 2009-06-12, 18:03   Link #20048
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post

Pfff you must be kidding me. I'm all for SuzakuKallen now that Lelouch is RIP.
Until the day they will die, and then they'll have some kind of orgy with their lost ones. Heh I'm awfully romantic, really.

Old 2009-06-12, 18:04   Link #20049
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I was wondering why Kallen was, during those 1000 pages, this easily shipped with every guy but Lelouch and this came to me...(Yeah revisions are awesome when it comes to think deeply about this kind of important matters...)

Kallen is to guys what Lelouch is to girls. Yes, no matter what people say, this can hardly be denied.
Shipped either with Suzaku, or with Gino, or even with Li, if Lelouch was a womanizer, Kallen is a man eater. The difference being there that while Lelouch had significant interactions with most of the girls he was shipped with, it wasn't really the case for Kallen.

Let's see Kallen and Li. Or maybe not. Cause Li is a pedo and Kallen is too old for him so the ship was kinda killed the episode following it birth. Anyway why were they shipped together ?

Now let's see Kallen and Gino.

Kallen and Suzaku ?

Now take you pick for all of those.
Significant interactions ? No, let's be serious, apart from Suzaku, Kallen didn't have any significant interactions with those guys. And canonical interest ? Come on, Kallen's only interest were Lelouch, the Rebellion, Zero, and her mother. Though we may add Suzaku there cause her worse opponent is certainly worth an eye.
Anything but Lelouch cause he is meant for another girl ? Come on, people can't be THIS bad, it wasn't that, obviously. No the real answer was the first one.

THEY WERE HOT. Yes. Just look at that :

Spoiler for Asian pride:

Look the fiery gaze, this way to stand up beside each other. One could easily, by a simple look at that, picture them sharing a life together. The power of the look....

Spoiler for This one might cause some cardiac problem is you have some problems with Blond guys in Geass:

THAT is hot. Yeah, who cares if Kallen never thought about this guy and used her interactions with him to angst over her rebellious leader. THEY are hot. So of course they are meant to be.

Spoiler for Too much hotness might make you blind:

This one is actually the only one of the list who might have been a real possibility for Kallen. Interest in each other (though hardly this way but still some well known tropes), significant interactions, and to add to all of that, they are both badass and hot. It is not for nothing they are yet one of the most popular ship when it comes to CG het fandom.

Actually, for an anime like CG, which is attracting yaoi fans and fangirls giggling over pretty boys...being hot was certainly enough to ship two characters for many fans. So I came to the conclusion that maybe, if Kallen is this shipped with other guys, and not much with Lelouch (Ok this is still the second most famous pairing aside from yaoi ones) it's maybe because...there was TOO MUCH devellopment.

Building in both season, moments killers, almost kisses, cliche goodbye my lover scene, trading of one's life for the other one...etc etc.
Maybe, just maybe that is the reason why Kallen was loved at the start, and considered as ininteresting at the end. Be hot and shut up, was maybe what many people were waiting from Kallen.

Alas, she choose acting as herself instead of acting as Barbie and happened what happened.
Cause if we are logic, if the look is enough to ship her with A,B,C and D, then her and lelouch's hotness should have been enough. BUT NO. Because there was much more than that. And it killed the fun.

And since even in S1, when she was called «a fangirl» she was disliked...Kallen can't win.
Or maybe...she can just win Lelouch.
Ah well that's already that I guess.

King x Queen for the win

And to add to all of this, Blurry's lyrics are like a Kallen's POV and this is Win. Platinium Soul/MidnightSnowfall's work, of course

lol. Not much to argue there, although I don't quite get what you mean by the 'Kallen is to guys what Lelouch is to girls' comment. I do want to point out though that as the Kalulu ship is pretty huge (certainly larger than any of those other fandoms), saying she was shipped 'easily' with those other guys but not Lelouch doesn't quite seem accurate.

Also, one technicality. This may have been what you meant by the 'guys/girls' comment, but I think the people who genuinely ship Li/Gino/Suzaku x Kallen because they are hot together are mostly girls. I suspect most of the debate in this thread, though, with regards to Li/Gino/Suzaku x Kallen actually was motivated for such shallow purposes as leaving Lelouch open for another girl (though I wouldn't know for sure, not having read it).

:P Anyway, I've held back on posting during you guys' 1000 page party, not having contributed much to the achievement (and perfectly fine with it staying that way, :P), but I will raise a toast for yas. How many of you have actually read through this whole thing, all 20047 posts of Kallen thread history? I suspect quite a few of the regular posters could boast of having stuck with this thread all the way, but still: damn, that's some dedication.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 18:08   Link #20050
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How many of you have actually read through this whole thing, all 20047 posts of Kallen thread history? I suspect quite a few of the regular posters could boast of having stuck with this thread all the way, but still: damn, that's some dedication.
blade. oh and blade. oh and did i mention blade? 8D

But well, it was not about reading all of it, it was about having fun, passionate arguments, debate, epic lulz and, yep afterall, we were/still are {honor to the fallen} a nice gang of people. 8)
Old 2009-06-12, 18:12   Link #20051
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. Not much to argue there, although I don't quite get what you mean by the 'Kallen is to guys what Lelouch is to girls' comment. I do want to point out though that as the Kalulu ship is pretty huge (certainly larger than any of those other fandoms), saying she was shipped 'easily' with those other guys but not Lelouch doesn't quite seem accurate.

Also, one technicality. This may have been what you meant by the 'guys/girls' comment, but I think the people who genuinely ship Li/Gino/Suzaku x Kallen because they are hot together are mostly girls. I suspect most of the debate in this thread, though, with regards to Li/Gino/Suzaku x Kallen actually was motivated for such shallow purposes as leaving Lelouch open for another girl (though I wouldn't know for sure, not having read it).

:P Anyway, I've held back on posting during you guys' 1000 page party, not having contributed much to the achievement (and perfectly fine with it staying that way, :P), but I will raise a toast for yas. How many of you have actually read through this whole thing, all 20047 posts of Kallen thread history? I suspect quite a few of the regular posters could boast of having stuck with this thread all the way, but still: damn, that's some dedication.

This line is tied to their popularity when it comes to boys/girl; I thought I was clear, my bad.
But actually it is accurate cause Kallen is the only girl who was shipped with likd most of the male cast, It didn't happen to Shirley or C.C., Only to Kallen. Of course the Kalulu fandom is huge, I mentionned it I think.
(And for the second part, this post was full of hidden (not so much) irony. So I think we agree there)
And Welcome to the party ;P
I know many of the actual posters were there for long BTW, and well even without that, this thread was moving pretty fast so even recent posters are now responsible of this success (YES) as well.

Old 2009-06-12, 18:16   Link #20052
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i agree that most other ships are basiclly about "anyone but lulu"
but i DO think that suzaku could have been a valid OPTION
in season 1 despite being kallen's rival in mecha combat, idealogical counterpart, they werent actually ENEMIES back then
season 2 made some changes (the two biggest ones being kallen falling for lelouch, and the refrain fiasco)
but since lelouch is dead (as is euphie) they COULD potentially move on at some point (years from the final)
and he DID try to ask for her forgiveness after the refrain bit (even letting her beat the shit out of him for it)
if there is ANYONE that either one of them can accept as an equal its each other (especially after the final battle on the damocles)
now its just a matter of whether or not she can actually forgive him for what he did
Old 2009-06-12, 18:19   Link #20053
incorrupts
Banned

You know, thinking about it, it is pretty funny. I believe a lot of people, posted their generic thoughts about each episode {linked to Kallen} that was airing at time in here mostly, and not in the current episode thread, i mean honest.
I do remember, when i wanted to come and see the reviews/first impressions, Kallen's thread was the first to click onto, and i believe it is the same for a lot of fans, seeing how this thread has reached 1000+pages.
It just like, lol, reminds me of "Ragio Gaga" song, the whole "and everything i had to know i lheard it fom my Kallen-thread-radio."
No honest, i think this thread, will be remembered in the centuries, "someoneee will still loveee it"
Fuck yeah, this thread is epic, yep. 8D
Old 2009-06-12, 18:44   Link #20054
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

first off congratulations to kallen for being awesome.
and staying awesome through all these posts.
Boo to sunrise for not making the situation as clear cut as possible so everyone could understand not just a good few.

ohi to loli and incurrupts.
but it came very alarming to me that this is still an issue.
I mean WTF.
but anyways more on this later going to work.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 21:04   Link #20055
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
If it comes off like this, here is an idea, do not. 8D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
a roast ?
He he, all right point taken You're probably right, better safe than sorry. Don't want to put any bad vibes out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Pfff you must be kidding me. I'm all for SuzakuKallen now that Lelouch is RIP.
Until the day they will die, and then they'll have some kind of orgy with their lost ones. Heh I'm awfully romantic, really.
Well, it's good to know you've got room in your heart for more than one Kallen-related ship

Anyway, as with most of you, I really have no problem with Kallen having another relationship after Lelouch (hell, who am I kidding? I'd prefer it ) But just so long as the relationship was built logically and sensibly, whether it's with Suzaku, Gino or Tamaki (okay, maybe not that last one ) But yeah, just so long as it's not forced cause, you know, believe in the value of building a good relationship.

Music time.

Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 22:29   Link #20056
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Ookay, this is my tribute, a little thing, but....

New comic, the day after Lelouch's funeral.

Nunnaly make the performance of "desperate sister" Kallen is with her, Cornelia too, because she's a little worried, after Kallen's exploit (see turn 24.4) Cornelia think that girl is a little....psychopatich:

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.09enga.jpg
http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...n25.09engb.jpg
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 00:37   Link #20057
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I guess for myself. Since the series ended with Kallen still in love with Lelouch even after his death. I suppose I prefer Kallen x no one since it would show the impact and importance of Lelouch for Kallen. I find that to be simply beautiful in my eyes. Since the staff didn't care about Kallen being interested in anyone else romantically except Lelouch for the entire series. I'm not going care too much about it either.

Until there ever is an sequel or OVA down the line. And have any potential love for Kallen toward someone else make sense. Suzaku is stuck as Zero. If he would want to love again, Nunnally's right there and he'll be spending alot with her. Besides Suzaku(Kallen can forgive him but fact is he killed the love of her life), Kallen being with someone who could remind her of her brother or Lelouch could probably happen in the future. If there ever was an sequel.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-06-13 at 03:10.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 04:31   Link #20058
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

actually i'm on the opinion that if either suzaku OR kallen were to move on
it would be far easier for it to be to someone who is COMPLETELY different then either lelouch or euphie
the fact of the matter is that any potential future partner that either one would have will end up being compared to the ones they lost
human nature, nothing you can do about that, thats just the way the human brain WORKS (our impression on things is based by comparing them to other things)
nunnaly is VERY MUCH like euphie, too much in fact
even if suzaku can come to love her (putting aside such matters as age, body condition, social position, and the fact that he had murdered her brother) it would hardly be fair to nunnaly herself to be in a relationship where she would keep being compared to a dead woman who was the love of suzaku's life

which is why, assuming she's willing, it would be easier for suzaku to move on to kallen
becouse any attempts to compare between euphie and kallen are simply impossible, they are just too different
suzaku had already shown SOME interest in kallen, saying that he finds her "real" personality quite charming
kallen is the FIRST PERSON EVER who suzaku had willingly told about him killing his father, which happened at the point AFTER they both learned that they are enemies
he had, at the very least, made an effort to reconcile with her after the whole refrain incident, even letting her kick the crap out of him to let her get her payback (he had no real reason to do that, she IS his enemy after all)
and by the end of the show, he seems to have gain a greater level of respect for kallen (and that goes both ways)

the same goes for kallen
suzaku and lelouch are NOTHING alike, so comparing then is impossible
and she DID state in ep 25 that despite everything that happened, she had at least respected him from trying to help japan in his own way (which is why she was angry to discover that it was all bullshit)
now that she knows that he was STILL doing exactly that, and that he ended up paying a high price for it (C.C told her what it means to wear that mask)
as well as having renewed sense of admiration for his strength (only expressing remorse that he hadnt a sense of justice, which she now knows isnt true)
and she is quick in being willing to accept him in the new role of zero (a symbol of everything she had always believed in)
if she can forgive lelouch for all that he did, i'd say she could probably forgive suzaku for it as well

i'd say that it isnt THAT far fetched, its infact more likely then any OTHER kallen based pairing by shows end (since lelouch is gone)
and if you want an example of the positive changes that lelouch made in the world, and of how people can move on past old hatred, i'd say the two of them hooking up is a PERFECT example
now its just a matter of whether or not they would both be ready to move on
Old 2009-06-13, 04:59   Link #20059
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Its indeed possible. Still highly unlikely in my opinion. I can only really imagine them becoming close friends. Kind of hard for myself to see it as an great possibility given there were no romantic sparks flying(none at all) in any of their interactions during the entire series. Them becoming close can easily happen since its not like Suzaku can talk to many people either way.

She can forgive Suzaku for killing Lelouch(My personal bias is that, I can't see Kallen loving the man who killed Lelouch, sorry. Kallen wanted to live and die with Lelouch. Leaving behind her dreams and her own mother). They may have an few personal chats with one another(I assume they would in the future) Still doesn't mean she'll love him because of it. I have an hard buying it. However, I suppose its still an small possibility.

That's all I say on the matter. It would probably make an few good fanfics/doujinshi material.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-06-13 at 05:13.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 05:20   Link #20060
Sol Falling

lol. You make a damn good argument, blade. I'm not just saying that 'cause I ship Shirlulu: Suzaku's relationship with Euphie always involved a bit of putting her on a pedestal: she was the kind and perfect princess while he was the ugly sinner. That Suzaku would find Kallen's loud and forward honesty 'charming' says a lot about how she could help him become a more natural person.

I don't really know, though. They are...too sexy for me, I think. Kallen may be too sexy for me in general. I'm just not fond of that hot and fiery passion. If you are too hot, you may burn the things around you (take a look at Kallen's disdain for Euphie, a 'doll princess', when she was kind and truly desired to help them (the Japanese)), and it was this Suzaku was explicitly guarding against with all his chains and self-punishment. It's a delicate balance, you know. But...I guess that's no reason to make it impossible.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote