AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-19, 19:26   Link #1241
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

unfortunately folks feel the need to constantly prove others wrong and put them down over the internet.

I personally am of the opinion that Code Geass would flop without Lelouch. Hated the guy but his constant morally ambiguous and outright evil schemes made things fun. If they make a new character that just like him in terms of intelligence and morality then it'd be a let down since "Sunrise is just cloning Lelouch". The other alternative is a prequel...Now, there really isn't much to work with considering we already know what's going to happen, and the important things like CC's past and geass' origins could easily be explored with well done flashbacks. No need to create an entire series around that , speciall considering those things were supposed to be covered in R2 to begin with.

That leaves two possibilities, a direct sequel to CG where Lelouch is alive, and face it is not something that's hard to swallow...Seed Destiny did it with Mwu, and granted it flopped but that wasn't the reason why. I mean, they went back and changed the ending to create that reasonable suspicion of Mwu surviving. CG has wild variables like mind control powers and immortality, and the doubt is there surrounding Lelouch's "death". They could legitimately bring him back (Charles' code, or he developed a code on his own...what came first the geass or the code? we don't know, it could be that once a user attains a high level of geass he can develop a code on his/her own) Could this work? Maybe, depends on how they do it.
The other alternative is a sequel to R2 set years in the future where everyone is long dead or very old with entirely brand new characters. This could also be hit or miss.
Old 2010-04-19, 19:41   Link #1242
azul120

I find it funny how you call Lelouch's schemes evil, but not Britannia's.

Anyways, they could resurrect him somehow.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 19:54   Link #1243
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Actually I like the thought behind Britannia's methods. But I cannot agree with 'If you can take it then you deserve it" train of thought that was mutated by the nobility. That is complete bullshit. (IMO at least.)

Revolutionist picked up on two things of how Lelouch could be revived, but I'd rather not see that.

"Geass is a wish. If you wish for it, geass wil..." is still bothering me, actually. It's so vague you can't help but speculate about it. Though it's of course, up in the air. All we know is Lelouch of the Rebellion is done. (As in, no 'R3'.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:22   Link #1244
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I find it funny how you call Lelouch's schemes evil, but not Britannia's.

Anyways, they could resurrect him somehow.
Wasn't talking about Britannia. Besides, Britannia is the established state whereas Lelouch is the disgruntled prince with daddy issues but I digress.

So, what would you call his tactics of blowing up "allies", his lying and manipulation of his subordinates?
Old 2010-04-19, 22:28   Link #1245
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Wrong topic for 'methods'. That is Generic discussion. (Or I think. Is it?)
Old 2010-04-20, 03:27   Link #1246
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric101 View Post
you contradict yourself. you say this thread is to discuss and speculate on the new project. well, what if i want to speculate that lelouch will be brought back to life/explained that he was never dead (remember Nunnally was listed as officially dead at one point)? that's speculation on the new project, but goes against the second part of your statement. saying people aren't allowed to speculate regarding lelouch is rather restrictive, and silly. why do people even freak out over this so much? what someone else thinks doesn't affect you. just let people think whatever they want.

anyway, three things:

1. "this story will lead on to the next "new geass"" to me means the new story picks up approximately where LotR left off. that's just an uncertain guess though.

2. "Eleven boys and girls./Boys and girls of Eleven." i'm sorry, i've read this entire thread, but i'm still not sure on this, i didn't understand some people's comments. could "eleven" here refer to what Britannians called the Japanese people when they were ruling over them? if so, then i would think that would be a hint that the new anime is in the time period where Britannia ruled over Japan. the ruins in the pic could also be of Japan. however, this would contradict my thoughts in item 1.

3. this is just me being hopefully (and i think someone said this before), but remember Shirley's last words? "no matter how many times i'm reborn, i'll keep falling in love with you, lulu." earlier they kept describing this project as a "rebirth" of code geass. personally i would love to see Shirley come back. she didn't deserve what happened to her and if she did somehow appear in the new anime, i would think lelouch would have to be there too (who else would she fall in love with?).

and yes, i know this is all wild speculation, but that's all there is to do until concrete details are released.
If I was a Shirley fan I'd ask Shirley's presence only in a light hearted AU.
We saw what happened in the CG universe for her, she is like the most unlucky person of this show, I think she might be safe in an High School AU but aside from that...I don't trust the authors. (Heck I'm a Kallen fan, she managed to survive, and I don't want to see her back again. Unless it's an AU à la Dead Fantasy where the girls are all badass and go to save the world :')

About the serie, they kepts C.C. alive, and if they created a successful cast before they can do it again.
You can't compare Lelouch's death to Mwu's revival. Mwu wasn't the main character, his death wasn't the key of the serie, it wasn't triggered by a line from the very first episode, his sacrifice didn't hold the meaning of Lelouch's.
If we were talking about Kira, alright, but Mwu =/= Lelouch, definitely.

The guy is dead, unless this new project in an AU, he will not be back (And on a side note, Okouchi isn't Fuckuda as well, fortunately) or that would simply ruin totally the ending.

And the revival of Mwu was pasrt of what made of GSD a fail. Pandering to the fanboys bring more hate than love in the end. Authors spent their time apologiziung for this or that, I'd rather have a new Geass with a new cast which can prove themselves interesting than seeing the awesome first serie wasted for some fanboy's fetish.

Only 3 days lfts, and we'll know...well, certainly nothing, but we'll have more ground to speculate :/
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 03:50   Link #1247
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
If I was a Shirley fan I'd ask Shirley's presence only in a light hearted AU.
We saw what happened in the CG universe for her, she is like the most unlucky person of this show, I think she might be safe in an High School AU but aside from that...I don't trust the authors. (Heck I'm a Kallen fan, she managed to survive, and I don't want to see her back again. Unless it's an AU à la Dead Fantasy where the girls are all badass and go to save the world :')

About the serie, they kepts C.C. alive, and if they created a successful cast before they can do it again.
You can't compare Lelouch's death to Mwu's revival. Mwu wasn't the main character, his death wasn't the key of the serie, it wasn't triggered by a line from the very first episode, his sacrifice didn't hold the meaning of Lelouch's.
If we were talking about Kira, alright, but Mwu =/= Lelouch, definitely.

The guy is dead, unless this new project in an AU, he will not be back (And on a side note, Okouchi isn't Fuckuda as well, fortunately) or that would simply ruin totally the ending.

And the revival of Mwu was pasrt of what made of GSD a fail. Pandering to the fanboys bring more hate than love in the end. Authors spent their time apologiziung for this or that, I'd rather have a new Geass with a new cast which can prove themselves interesting than seeing the awesome first serie wasted for some fanboy's fetish.

Only 3 days lfts, and we'll know...well, certainly nothing, but we'll have more ground to speculate :/
lol they'll just give us a couple lines and maybe a screenshot or two from this trailer then leave us hanging until its released probably.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 23:29   Link #1248
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Oh my gods, are we really back to trying to wish Lelouch alive again? Heavens, you all really are THAT desperate.

In the real world, when people die you come to terms with it and move on. Keep their memory alive. The fictional world? Heavens no! We can't have our favourite characters dying! D8 Let's all try to blackmail the directors and hope they're stupid enough to listen to our pleas of false logic-!!

I've posted it before, and I'll post it again. (That's why I made it after all. I just didn't expect it to still be completely valid almost two years after the fact. ) :

You guys provide endless amusement. Really, you do.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 02:35   Link #1249
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Oh my gods, are we really back to trying to wish Lelouch alive again? Heavens, you all really are THAT desperate.

In the real world, when people die you come to terms with it and move on. Keep their memory alive. The fictional world? Heavens no! We can't have our favourite characters dying! D8 Let's all try to blackmail the directors and hope they're stupid enough to listen to our pleas of false logic-!!

I've posted it before, and I'll post it again. (That's why I made it after all. I just didn't expect it to still be completely valid almost two years after the fact. ) :

no matter how many times I see this pic it always makes me lol and 2 more days until the 15 sec text riddled trailer comes out

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 03:06   Link #1250
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post

People are just hoping that their will will be enough to convince authors to change one of the most beautiful ending ever made.

Thats kinda sad. In short it's "screw the meaning of this, I just want Lelouch alive, who cares if it doesn't make sense and turn him in some kind of bastard who doesn't make sense !"

Bah, we'll get soon enough informations about this new serie and people should calm down (if the new protagonist could be a bit bore charismatic than Renya is, that might help...they can't expect people to forget about the magnificent bastard with a lame character BTW. The guy is just plain ugly :/ )

And LOL. This strip never gets old XD
Old 2010-04-21, 08:57   Link #1251
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

con flab it really they should be going for cloning (yea clone those who were "whacked"), time travel (prevent those "history events" to change to save the future), & even go geass DECADE (paraeel worlds).

really no wonder i've been bit compare the whole twists, wtfh, etc like LOST.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 09:10   Link #1252
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:

Thats kinda sad. In short it's "screw the meaning of this, I just want Lelouch alive, who cares if it doesn't make sense and turn him in some kind of bastard who doesn't make sense !"
That is always an issue with the Geass fanbase. They ultimately do not know what they want.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 09:26   Link #1253
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten-Go View Post
Epic-style logically - "After the years of calm, a new mighty Evil rises... World is torn apart by wars, the former members of student council gather themselves in the dark and forgotten building of Ashford Academy, where CC, Nunnally and Kallen revive Lelouch by a blood pact ritual and instruct him to establish an acceptable future again..."

StarWars-style logically - CC changes Lelouch's body before the funeral and transports the real one to the secret Geass Cult HQ where he being returned to life by a combination of ancient powers and modern medic technologies, but he couldn't move, act and speak without black Zero-costume.
I rather have someone else bring down Zero's empire to bring a new age of chaos (as the new protagonist). It can be a survivor of CC's race or a Britannian.

He can have a similar/different Geass than Lelouch but is less calculating and something like Suzaku (more impulsive)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 13:03   Link #1254
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
People are just hoping that their will will be enough to convince authors to change one of the most beautiful ending ever made.

Bah, we'll get soon enough informations about this new serie and people should calm down (if the new protagonist could be a bit bore charismatic than Renya is, that might help...they can't expect people to forget about the magnificent bastard with a lame character BTW. The guy is just plain ugly :/ )

And LOL. This strip never gets old XD
I'd rather see Lelouch remain dead. A character like C.C. speaking with him through akasha? Fine, but don't show him. I'd rather see a 80+ timeskip... Therefore, new characters. But so far, the odds look against me.

Prequel... sequel... remake, whatever the creators decide to do. Though I would hope they don't butcher anything. I want intrigue and geass, unless it's a prequel there won't be any cool spinning robots. (Unless they steal Meggido's idea and make another high reserve of sakuradite somewhere else in the world.)

....just a little longer.
Old 2010-04-21, 13:51   Link #1255
yvj
U Mad?

My two cents:

Prequel: No one wants to see this do they? Star Wars has already set the stage for unnecessary prequels. I think we know enough about C.C's background to make our conclusions. And I'm sure C.C fans would rather see her character continue to develop than to see her past regression into the cynical witch.

Sequel: Better than nothing, but there's always the risk the characters get Dragon Ball GT treatment. Suzaku grows a mustache, Nunnally descends into hell to rescue Lelouch and gets stuck there. Fanboys slash their wrists as C.C gets with Tamaki and Kallen hooks up with Gino

AU: Alright its not the world we know and love. But there's a lesser risk of total disappointment or character derailment, plus Lelouch could be alive and it wouldn't be an asspull. However I'd prefer to see a world within the same timelines or in the "future" so we get awesome mecha action. There were no robots in the past!

Remake: I don't know, my initial thought is that it seems unnecessary, however I do think R2 fell pretty short of greatness. A remake would be fine if they don't half ass it. Suzaku's geass connection, Kallen's background, Knights info, everything that was cut needs to be packed in.

So in conclusion. I'm interested in

1) AU
2a) Remake
2b) Sequel
3) Prequel
Old 2010-04-21, 13:59   Link #1256
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post

1) AU
2a) Remake
2b) Sequel
3) Prequel
Oh, limited choices there.

I would say, we should not rule anything out, till we see what it is about.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:04   Link #1257
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Oh, limited choices there.

I would say, we should not rule anything out, till we see what it is about.
Hey you caught me in a good mood. Before today I totally expected whatever is coming to be a complete disappointment.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:10   Link #1258
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Hey you caught me in a good mood. Before today I totally expected whatever is coming to be a complete disappointment.
Haha, you should not be that pessimistic. Even if Sunrise;s history of prequel-sequel is not that admiring material, you can never know what the next step is gonna be.
Old 2010-04-21, 14:51   Link #1259
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
My two cents:

Prequel: No one wants to see this do they? Star Wars has already set the stage for unnecessary prequels. I think we know enough about C.C's background to make our conclusions. And I'm sure C.C fans would rather see her character continue to develop than to see her past regression into the cynical witch.

Sequel: Better than nothing, but there's always the risk the characters get Dragon Ball GT treatment. Suzaku grows a mustache, Nunnally descends into hell to rescue Lelouch and gets stuck there. Fanboys slash their wrists as C.C gets with Tamaki and Kallen hooks up with Gino

AU: Alright its not the world we know and love. But there's a lesser risk of total disappointment or character derailment, plus Lelouch could be alive and it wouldn't be an asspull. However I'd prefer to see a world within the same timelines or in the "future" so we get awesome mecha action. There were no robots in the past!

Remake: I don't know, my initial thought is that it seems unnecessary, however I do think R2 fell pretty short of greatness. A remake would be fine if they don't half ass it. Suzaku's geass connection, Kallen's background, Knights info, everything that was cut needs to be packed in.

1) AU
2a) Remake
2b) Sequel
3) Prequel
Give me my C.C./Tamaki and I'll be able to deal with Kallen/Gino, I swear.
Now I know you'll be plenty asking for some terrorist attack on the Sunrise studios, but really, I can live with that ( Suzaku...a mustache ? )

Anyway I'm with you, though I think the prequel is out of order. They have already their Renya of the I don't remember what, so I don't theink they'll work on a second prequel. A remake isn't really likely, but a kind of OVA for the missing part might be a possibility (like the missing year, but it might be more intelligent to have a whole AU in this case :/)

The sequel is what seems to be the most likely, since C.C. is still alive and we might follow her journey in order to fulfill her wish before turning a second time in an emotionless witch.

So yeah, AU and Sequel seem the more likely. Can't we be after tomorrow already...:/
Old 2010-04-21, 15:14   Link #1260
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
THIS.

I would love to see every last bit of this JUST to piss everyone off.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha