AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 10:23   Link #7621
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
After all, Negi is now more or less immortal and thus he'll be around in 100-years.
Yeah, but to hell with secondary characters. Again.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 21:24   Link #7622
Hata
時の異邦人

you can find a midsize picture of Negima 36 (normal) at Ken's FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/Akamatsu.Ken

(Ken posts more [spoilerish] pictures there than anywhere else, including twitter and his own site, and there is a J-Comi Facebook, too. all in ENGLISH, check it out.)

Amazon midsize picture is slow coming for some reasons... we will probably see (LE) cover by this weekend?

Ken is also done with 345 just today, (you no longer need to read Ken's Japanese diary/twitter, his English Facebook will get you that info!) don't see a confirmation for 344 spoiler confirms, after what happen last week I am going to hold onto it. no biggie story wise anyway.

(from the spoiler pictures Ken posted I am already guessing what the story is for 345, which should be more exciting than 344.)

Last edited by Hata; 2011-11-16 at 09:24. Reason: confirming status
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 02:24   Link #7623
Chris38

Well chapter 344 is out and:

Spoiler for 344:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:49   Link #7624
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
you can find a midsize picture of Negima 36 (normal) at Ken's FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/Akamatsu.Ken

(Ken posts more [spolish] pictures there than anywhere else, including twitter and his own site, and there is a J-Comi Facebook, too. all in ENGLISH, check it out.)
I was surprised by him having an English site. I'm not sure how good his English is, or if Akamatsu-sensei simply has a translator handle his English posts. Would be VERY cool if Akamatsu-sensei were fairly fluent in English.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 08:42   Link #7625
chaosprophet

Quote:
I was surprised by him having an English site. I'm not sure how good his English is, or if Akamatsu-sensei simply has a translator handle his English posts. Would be VERY cool if Akamatsu-sensei were fairly fluent in English.
If you check some of the comments, you will see that whether Akamatsu-sensei uses an web translator, someone else, or himself, you can see some misunderstandings happening that show a bit of a lack of English knowledge.

An example of a misuderstanding, someone comments:
"Just wondering... Will the Ala Alba and Another World OVAs be translated to English? owo"
and Akamatsu's answer:
"In English, it means 'White Wing'."
Old 2011-11-16, 09:23   Link #7626
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Ken's translator is his Android phone running Google translator, if people want to talk to Ken on twitter and Facebook in any language I recommend them making the sentences simple enough so the translator can handle it.

==========
found this from Ken's twitter on BK37 LE edition 31 pactio cards, the twins will share ONE card, the extra spot will be taken up by Negi's card.

==========
reading the Chinese translation on 344 just getting me up for the coming arc,
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-16, 09:52   Link #7627
ellifeedn
Thinker

How can the twins share one card? I mean unless the two of them and Negi...

You know what? Let's see how Ken handles that when the time comes.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 13:00   Link #7628
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

When it comes to the upcoming storyline
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-17, 08:03   Link #7629
Hata
時の異邦人

36 LE review out at cartoonworld, kind of disappointing, the LE cover is only different in background color, no services...

the back cover is Tsukiyome.
Old 2011-11-17, 22:35   Link #7630
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
How can the twins share one card? I mean unless the two of them and Negi...

You know what? Let's see how Ken handles that when the time comes.
The botched card they had was "shared" and as I recall, it has been implied that any real pactio between the twins and Negi would be a shared thing.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 11:00   Link #7631
Hata
時の異邦人

Ken is running a character popularity poll on Facebook between Yue, Nodoka, and Haruna, go vote if you are on FB.

==========
a NEGIMA MOBILE SOCIAL GAME Mobage is going to be online middle of Dec, and they started to accepted registration now, you can be a witch or wizard in Mahora and take on various challenges, with goal of becoming a great magister mage and can vs each other in the martial art tournament, (Japanese)

http://gadget.itmedia.co.jp/gg/artic...medium=twitter
==========
forgot to add, because of holiday in Japan, Magazine/Negima will hit the street not on Wednesday but Tuesday next week, one day earlier.
Negi escaping with lightning speed to avoid jet fighters, Nodoka led with her diary, Kazumis deploy her eyes, Ako boosts her group with needle, Yue was using her broom before taking a Yuna's magic forbidden bullet and can't use magic the rest of the way, Toko and Fate use barrier, and Natsumi is the black horse with her kuroko,

Last edited by Hata; 2011-11-20 at 01:04. Reason: add spoiler
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 11:50   Link #7632
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Spoiler for 344-345:
Old 2011-11-20, 11:56   Link #7633
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler for 344-345:
Wait... what?

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Kurush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 13:11   Link #7634
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurush View Post
Wait... what?
Spoiler for Misa:
Old 2011-11-20, 17:26   Link #7635
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

It's freaking stupid if she convinced Ala Alba of him being "wrong" after all Negi and Ala Alba have gone through together. Yes, girls, forget all your character development and your Nakama spirit only because of forced ill timed 'comedic' last minute shanenigans. Never mind most of you would be toast by now if not for all those Pactios.

At least the one who brought it up has the excuse of being left out of the loop for so long she might not understand things and reasons at all, but those who buy her idea despite the fact they SHOULD, SHOULD, SHOULD know better are much more to blame here IMHO.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 18:36   Link #7636
zibi88

personaly I hope that later negi or chamo will ask... who from those girls were only going for the card... without holding any affection at that time...

and so the ones that made this rebelion will resurface... which is yuna and haruna.... haruna becouse she only wanted the card since nodoka and yue had and its like fantasy so a must get....

yuna too she only wanted the card... like even akira and ako said... yet those two are the main source of this problem.... why does yuna even care ??? she allways says that she will marry her dad only... so no feelings for negi like some other girls...

akira has no pactio but she undestands the situation the most...and it was the girls fault and not negi's

sooo maybe after the ambush... negi gets to understand that for safetly of his plans and for his students sake... he will cancel or suspend those pactio cards with some of them...... like he cant accept their feelings becouse he has his own path...and doesnt want to ruin his students lifes with his own path.... negi is mostly an immortal getting a normal girl would result her getting old and eventually die... while negi wont age a day and will be forced to watch this person to die from age

than for the sake of his students he might cancel those pactios with most of them and maybe erase the memories about magic.... leave only those who seriously want to follow him and can live longer than normal human...

currently besides setsuna and asuna... none other girl knows about negis condition.... Misa is mostly jelous that everyone got to kiss negi while she was left long back... the thing we can see in c339... misa is interested in negi...

but she doesnt know about negis condition... she thinks that negi in 5years will be like that Nagi a teenager......yet if negis condition is permement than he wont age a day from now on for a century... so Misa's plan is an instant fail.... so she might give up on negi than...like some other girls while understanding the situation...

anyway the whole point of this conspiracy is that negi doesnt pay them any serious attention since they returned from MW... it hurts them and they want to make him realize it with punish game... yet they dont know what he is doing... a heavy burden to carry...save a whole world and milions of lifes... an like asuna said that negi will be very busy very soon as the 1st phase of the plan ends so he should make some good memories... becouse after this he wont be able to focus on nothing else than this plan...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 19:21   Link #7637
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

In response to zibi88, here's my take.

First, if Ken Akamatsu does goes the "cancel Pacts" route (and do mind wipes), then I know that Ken Akamatsu has completely forgotten what made Negima so good: the whole idea of ordinary girls learning their teacher is a wizard and wanting to help him.

As for the whole "Negi not paying attention to the students" route, there was a much better point in the story where Ken Akamatsu could get this done: at the part where Negi invites those students who were part of the "Yue Love Confession" plan for tea, only for Fate to prevent him from doing so. There could have been a good story where the students end up tailing Negi and Fate out of fear that Fate has become a new love rival. Instead, there's the mess of the focus shifting from character to character each chapter.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-11-20 at 19:54.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 22:40   Link #7638
Robotech Master

I like the focus shifting from character to character for the time being after the Magical World Arc. Feels like a nice way to shift away from the high octane and go into a sort of separate look at the aftermaths and whatnot. I don't expect it to be that way for the whole arc. It's the breather between.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 00:00   Link #7639
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-22, 03:46   Link #7640
Hata
時の異邦人

Spoiler for 345: