Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 22:36   Link #1661
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Agree here. Though it's enjoyable.

I think I tried to post my own theory before reading the latest volume. Ah, here it is:
lol, yeah some of the step by step divergence from the original mythological tales are hilarious.

A quick read for anyone that is interested. I'm still missing the Marco Polo footnotes but it doesn't hinder the reading. Credits to Kira for checking it over.

Spoiler for Vol 12 CH 1 Section 2:
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 23:02   Link #1662
Edgardes

sorry if the question is repeated, but can someone explain what is happening in volume 12 of campione?
Edgardes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 23:50   Link #1663
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
sorry if the question is repeated, but can someone explain what is happening in volume 12 of campione?
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-07-05, 00:24   Link #1664
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post

Spoiler for Vol 12 CH 1 Section 2:
Why not put it on BT..or is this summaries??
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:00   Link #1665
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

oh, its unfinished(the marcopolo notes have quite a bit to them), I kind of didn't want to put anything unfinished on BT and I'm not getting to the notes till I'm done with all of CH 1. Idk, it kind of bothers me to put anything unfinished on the site, but if its acceptable I can move it on there i guess.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:16   Link #1666
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Anyone knows the name of Susanoo two companions? I think I've heard of the living budha's story once but I can't recall the name. As for the princess, I susect she's Queen Himiko, but Himiko is never described as princess instead of queen so I'm not sure.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-07-05 at 02:35.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:51   Link #1667
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgardes View Post
I have already spoiled what I'm willing to spoil of V12, somewhere in this thread. I believe any more will fundamentally decrease the reading experience, since wondering about the mystery is a large part of V12's charm. Of course I can't stop other people from posting spoilers, but...

Quote:
oh, its unfinished(the marcopolo notes have quite a bit to them), I kind of didn't want to put anything unfinished on BT and I'm not getting to the notes till I'm done with all of CH 1. Idk, it kind of bothers me to put anything unfinished on the site, but if its acceptable I can move it on there i guess.
You can wait with putting it up until you're happy with it. I'm doing the same with SS1 and V8C1. Of course you can also put it up part-wise, if you want, but don't do it just because people are impatient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Anyone knows the name of Susanoo two companions? I think I've heard of the living budha's story once but I can't recall the name. As for the princess, I susect she's Queen Himiko, but Himiko is never described as princess instead of queen so I'm not sure.
From what I remember, their names are never mentioned. However, the princess made me think of Himiko, too.

Last edited by Kadi; 2012-07-05 at 03:02.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:58   Link #1668
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Yea, their names are never revealed, that's why I wonder if there's someone familiar with Japanese mythology who's able to deduce their identity from the hints(living budha, glass eyed princess who loves her garden)
Old 2012-07-05, 06:32   Link #1669
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I think n0m@n is buried by translation requests already. I suppose I might get to Volumes 3 and 4 eventually, if no one continues. Volume 5 had a lot of hype (Youth scene perhaps? Or Ena's introduction). And I wanted to do justice to the Chinese mythology in 6 and 7.
ohh.. so n0m already got booked by another supervisor of other novel translation huh...
so where the other translator of campione!?
Old 2012-07-05, 07:44   Link #1670
zzhk
Summary Machine

It's best not to compare translators since each person has their own life and commitments.

Quote:
The idea of gaining enlightenment and freeing oneself from the unending cycle of reincarnation is common to Eastern religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism.

In Hinduism (Prayopavesa) and Jainism (Santhara/Sallekhana), there exist real life practices of fasting to death as a voluntary and rational decision. So without any further details other than a dried out fleshless appearance, it probably isn't possible to narrow the monk's identity.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:56   Link #1671
whx_epic

Quote:
I would guess she is Kushinada, the consort of Susanoo. But Himiko is also a very possible candidate.
For the living Buddha, it is hinted at novel 6 that he may be the ancestor of Suginomiya family.
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:32   Link #1672
gevara20

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...12_003-005.jpg
is she that princess??
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:47   Link #1673
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
It's best not to compare translators since each person has their own life and commitments.
huum...

well since they're heroes of us, who couldn't read japanesse und machine translation, so I won't say say unessery 'nymore..
Old 2012-07-05, 19:21   Link #1674
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Oh i see..then better you put it when the entire chapter/volume done..since if you only put part of it...its make me curious..QAQ

Last edited by Rin Listviel; 2012-07-05 at 19:40.
Old 2012-07-05, 20:52   Link #1675
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whx_epic View Post
I would guess she is Kushinada, the consort of Susanoo. But Himiko is also a very possible candidate.
For the living Buddha, it is hinted at novel 6 that he may be the ancestor of Suginomiya family.
Ah yes, Susanoo's consort makes more sense than Himiko, who almost has no relationship with the legend of Susanoo. As for living buddha, although it might be more common in country with strong ties to Buddhism, there's not as much story like that in Japan which get known across generation since the country has stronger ties tward Shintoism so I was thinking there might be a name that stands out. Oh well, all this obscure semi-mythologism is what makes Campione interesting and unique, that's why I was trying to spur dscussion about it since I kinda like obscure myth
Old 2012-07-06, 00:22   Link #1676
whx_epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
Yes, she is the princess we are talking about. This is the picture when she appears in Godou's dream in Vol12 Epilogue.
whx_epic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 06:11   Link #1677
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by whx_epic View Post
Hmmm..i think,looking at how "she" talk with susanoo and others,i vote for Queen himiko.,since a consort wont have attitude like that..i mean,she more like a queen than a consort...>XD

Last edited by Rin Listviel; 2012-07-06 at 06:23.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:12   Link #1678
Spica

Hello, this is my second time asking this question. May i know what Luo Hao authorities are?

Sorry, i will apologize first. I don't have much experiences with forums so i don't know if i should post this. This is a comment i found in mangaupdates.
Spoiler for comment:

Is there any person who see this series in similar way? Do you guys have any character you hate in this series?
For me there is none.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 06:26   Link #1679
Rin Listviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
Hello, this is my second time asking this question. May i know what Luo Hao authorities are?

Sorry, i will apologize first. I don't have much experiences with forums so i don't know if i should post this. This is a comment i found in mangaupdates.
Spoiler for comment:

Is there any person who see this series in similar way? Do you guys have any character you hate in this series?
For me there is none.
Character i hate...hmmm none...all the character is fun...have all aspect,from tsudere to queen-like character...about the male protagonist,well that person who post in manga update must be never read the LN,because,see in the LN godou got more dominant with the girls when the time is "right"..and its freakin hilarious when he become dominant...like the youth scene in volume 7...>XD
Old 2012-07-06, 07:24   Link #1680
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
Spoiler for comment:

For me there is none.
I do kind of agree with him that there are times I feel like the "oblivious male MC + bunch of girls fighting for him" does get kind of old. The humor is nearly the same for many of those kinds of setups. For me it needs that extra something to it besides being a humorous romantic sort of cuteness. Mythology based+superpowers+Character development is what made me like this LN. I think the humor is well done, the premise of the story is nice, the romance progresses nicely. Also I disagree with him that the male protagonist isn't "cool". He may be a bit awkward but he is a Campione and does show his dominance when it is called for.

As for characters I hate.......none, which is surprising in a harem as there is usually always someone that annoys me.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem