AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-01-21, 18:32   Link #1601
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, all I know is that I'm glad that Renka is a student in Kenichi's school now.

It took this long to get her there when it seemed like the most obvious route to take since she was first introduced in the manga. I mean, Miu is pretty and all, but I prefer Renka's combination of cute and funny more. Not to mention, the artist seems to set Miu's eyes too round and too low that it makes her forehead look big. I don't know... it's more noticeable with her for some reason.

I'm also wondering if Shou is truly dead. I haven't read the latest chapter yet (I'm getting there) but his body is still apparently in the hands of Jenny and co. Seems too convenient if you ask me. The manga doesn't seem to be the type to permanently kill characters off, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shou appears once again in the future.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 19:36   Link #1602
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, all I know is that I'm glad that Renka is a student in Kenichi's school now.

It took this long to get her there when it seemed like the most obvious route to take since she was first introduced in the manga. I mean, Miu is pretty and all, but I prefer Renka's combination of cute and funny more. Not to mention, the artist seems to set Miu's eyes too round and too low that it makes her forehead look big. I don't know... it's more noticeable with her for some reason.

I'm also wondering if Shou is truly dead. I haven't read the latest chapter yet (I'm getting there) but his body is still apparently in the hands of Jenny and co. Seems too convenient if you ask me. The manga doesn't seem to be the type to permanently kill characters off, so I wouldn't be surprised if Shou appears once again in the future.
Yeah, I love that Renka is finally part of the story too, if only because we'll get to see more of Miu's jealousy. Jealous Miu is pure win!

And about Shou... Well, he was all fucked up from the fight already and then he got shot five times, 2 in the chest and 1 in the stomach area... There's no way he could've survived that.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 23:29   Link #1603
NoLongerSane

Raw is out for 321 is out.
Spoiler for 321 fight:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:05   Link #1604
Umobile

^Yay!

Get it at mangahelpers.
Umobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:42   Link #1605
ultimateking

Spoiler for 321 ending:
Old 2009-01-22, 02:50   Link #1606
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Physically, he's dead. Getting all beat up and several hole in the stomach and body. Logically, he's dead. Elder announced so. YAMI believes so. Shounenly, he's dead. Women do not need a harem *being a sexist*
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 02:59   Link #1607
kujoe
from head to heel

Sure... but hey, this is manga we're talking about. And Shou's body being in the custody of the FBI or whatever does raise questions. It's like a loaded gun in the plot that is just waiting for someone to pull the trigger later on.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if it does happen. Some of the stuff that has happened pretty much defies reality anyway.
Old 2009-01-22, 12:52   Link #1608
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch chapter 321 :

Well , if Takeda will have won , i will have stopped this manga !
Still abused thought , how much Takeda get stronger and faster !Its like , he can even match with Kano or a bit less .
Kenichi entered the level 2 to beat him .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 12:58   Link #1609
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Raw is out for 321 is out.
Spoiler for 321 fight:
I beg to different.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 13:42   Link #1610
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Damn it, it ended at the best part! I was looking forward to see Shigure shave off the loser’s moustache.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:00   Link #1611
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If I don't know any better he might just try and sneak his way out of having his precious 'tache" taken away from him

And honestly, Kenichi should have been able to win this match more easily after what hell he has been though. He is still too soft-boiled when not needed :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 14:34   Link #1612
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If I don't know any better he might just try and sneak his way out of having his precious 'tache" taken away from him

And honestly, Kenichi should have been able to win this match more easily after what hell he has been though. He is still too soft-boiled when not needed :/
Indeed Kenichi could have ended this match in an instant, he was only soft on him because he was his friend, and the only reason why he got hit few times was because he was suprised to see a shallow version of his tech, so he was confused.

But he proved him that that there is still quite the distance between them, also that backwards Mubyoshi was beautiful I mean it was cool and proved that Takeda had not mastered Mubyoshi yet, Kenichi even got a compliment from his masters lol.

Still I have the feeling that even if Takeda won and confessed, Miu would give him the same anwser she gave Shou.

A Big Fat NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pwned.
Old 2009-01-22, 15:11   Link #1613
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
But he proved him that that there is still quite the distance between them, also that backwards Mubyoshi was beautiful I mean it was cool and proved that Takeda had not mastered Mubyoshi yet, Kenichi even got a compliment from his masters lol.
They're not exactly the same. Takeda's punch is actually a different technique entirely. Akisame himself makes this observation. Takeda was simply inspired by Kenichi's Mubyoushi to make his own punch. And really, with Takeda being a boxer, of course he would want to create a new fist technique of his own.

While Kenichi's Mubyoushi is still stronger, Akisame does say that Takeda is on a good start, and that he could develop it further into something else if he continues to work at it.
Old 2009-01-22, 16:24   Link #1614
Isekaijin

And now there are levels for the Ryusui Seikuken... Jezz, and here I thought I had seen everything. And now Takeda too is at Kenichi's level.

Anyways, the fight was cool. But even if Takeda won I don't think anything would have happened.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 16:50   Link #1615
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

Cmmon. At least the fight wasn't bad

Technically, it was a one-hit KO. This is the first fight he did that to an opponent with a name.
Old 2009-01-22, 19:08   Link #1616
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Gotta give it to Takeda for fighting unconcious. its a good thing They stopped the fight, otherwise Kenichi would've done something terrible to Takeda. Takeda seems to only know certain aspects of Seikuken. He's still a step below Kenichi, the gap will probably never close either. Considering Kenichi is the main after all.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 19:17   Link #1617
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Gotta give it to Takeda for fighting unconcious. its a good thing They stopped the fight, otherwise Kenichi would've done something terrible to Takeda. Takeda seems to only know certain aspects of Seikuken. He's still a step below Kenichi, the gap will probably never close either. Considering Kenichi is the main after all.
Indeed, but now that you think about it, whats with all that fighting unconcious in History´s strongest disciple kenichi... I mean first hermit fighting unconcious and then Kenichi fighting unconcious and now Takeda.
Old 2009-01-22, 19:44   Link #1618
Cinocard

Well, it does happen in reality. They just do not move that well compared to what Natsu or Kenichi did
Old 2009-01-22, 20:36   Link #1619
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I don't think Kenichi being the main character necessarily makes him the best in his group. Something has to be said about luck and especially experience, and the latter is where his ex-Ragnarok friends shine. Maybe some of them wouldn't be able to match him ever, but as of now I think guys like Hermit can beat Kenichi if the tide of the fight were on his favor. Moreover, most of the time Kenichi's opponents tend to underestimate him.

The point of this battle with Takeda is to highlight one of Kenichi's flaws, namely his lack of tenacity as a martial artist. The guy has fighting spirit, but it tends to shine the brightest only at the most critical moment. (Then again, maybe this is just a shounen thing...) In fact, his masters do take note of such flaws in his character, and they try to help him cope with these just like that time with his sense of fear.

I kind of feel sorry for Ukita though. Right now, he's like the Kuwabara of the team. (Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho, just in case someone doesn't get the comparison.)
Old 2009-01-22, 21:47   Link #1620
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Indeed Ukita is really really weak and hasent gotten a master yet. I mean he is only a vice-captain.

Tags
shounen