AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 14:15   Link #1
ChaosBlizzard

Custom head protector?

Someone here mentioned you had someone make you a custome headband protector, it was composed of silver.....
Where could you have this done? Was it a black smith?

Thanks,
Chaos
ChaosBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 14:54   Link #2
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard
Someone here mentioned you had someone make you a custome headband protector, it was composed of silver.....

Thanks,
Chaos
err... silver? try a jewler... or a silversmith
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:14   Link #3
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
If all you want is a custom headband, considering that it is just a piece of cloth with a slightly curved metal plate attached, you could probably make one in shop class :P

The hardest part would be the etching of the special villiage symbol into the metal, and maybe getting the metal to stay attached to the cloth.
SurfD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:53   Link #4
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfD
If all you want is a custom headband, considering that it is just a piece of cloth with a slightly curved metal plate attached, you could probably make one in shop class :P

The hardest part would be the etching of the special villiage symbol into the metal, and maybe getting the metal to stay attached to the cloth.
How about glueing the plate to the cloth?
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:32   Link #5
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
The way they do it on the show from what I gather is that the plate seems to be riveted to the cloth, if you have a handheld rivet 'gun' you could probably manage to do that assuming the fabric is relatively thick and strong.
DAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:56   Link #6
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK
The way they do it on the show from what I gather is that the plate seems to be riveted to the cloth, if you have a handheld rivet 'gun' you could probably manage to do that assuming the fabric is relatively thick and strong.
You dont need a rivet gun. You know the 2 halves that make up one of the flat metal parts of your jeans? They make those in the same of rivets; all you need is a hammer and a 50 cent tool that more often than not comes with them.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 23:08   Link #7
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
no such thing as a silversmith, a blacksmith works with black metals like iron, and a white smith works with white metals, like tin and silver
Old 2004-02-28, 23:46   Link #8
grahf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
no such thing as a silversmith, a blacksmith works with black metals like iron, and a white smith works with white metals, like tin and silver
I'm afraid you are wrong. There are silversmiths just like there are goldsmiths and tinsmiths and just about every other kind of smith you can imagine.

Blacksmiths aren't called iron smiths because working with iron requires a lot of carbon. Iron is NOT black.

Don't be a nazi about things that you yourself know nothing about.
grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 00:39   Link #9
Sai
apathetic

Send a message via AIM to Sai
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahf
I'm afraid you are wrong. There are silversmiths just like there are goldsmiths and tinsmiths and just about every other kind of smith you can imagine.

Blacksmiths aren't called iron smiths because working with iron requires a lot of carbon. Iron is NOT black.

Flame alert!! where's Dranz?!?!
Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 02:09   Link #10
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
No silversmiths? Dam we are going to need to rename all of them to white smiths now . . . humm.

Where in the @#$& have you ever heard of a white smith from? I have heard of jewlers, silver smiths, gold smiths, smiths, black smiths, but never a white smith. where does copper and other such off colors come into your equasion? do we need a grey smith now? all 3 professions can get large towers in various parts of the world, the black, white, and grey towers. where masters of thier arts could practice in seclusion, and only the bravest (and richest) of buyers dare tread.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 03:38   Link #11
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Actually (after some researching) there is such thing as a whitesmith. Basically they work with white metal and iron and they finish and polish the work. They also make or repair things of sheet metal like tinplate (i.e. tinsmith)

Please don't kill me Umbrae
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 03:43   Link #12
Umbrae
Generic Human

Ok, time to start planning for the towers =p

I stand corrected. . . some what.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 10:05   Link #13
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
they've always been whitesmiths, whitesmiths work with white (light colored shiney metals) blakcsmiths work with dark metals, like iron
Old 2004-02-29, 10:32   Link #14
michiko-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard

Thanks,
Chaos
There's a seller on Ebay (beedznmore) who made some Konoha forehead protectors. There aren't any up for sale right now, but if you contact her, she'd probably set up a private auction for you. I think she does other village symbols, too. I just got mine today, it's pretty cool (and only $10).
If you want to make one, I think this is made from aluminum flashing and there appears to be a piece of felt between the metal and the fabric part.
michiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 14:19   Link #15
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i have never seen a forehead protector made corectly in the real world... well.. made the right size atleast... they r always huge ..... just way to big. either they r to long or to wide.... but i dont think they ever look right...so if u do want 1 done.. best thing to do is go to a jewler and give him your specs that u want. the protectors r only as wide as yur forehead, unless u r sakura haha, and about as long as ... hmm..well.. your eyes from end to end..maybe a very tiny bit shorter i geusss
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 14:41   Link #16
Zabuzalover
I will run over you.=^^=

Send a message via AIM to Zabuzalover Send a message via MSN to Zabuzalover
I want one!!Of the Village of the Mist, you know, there is a Whitesmith and Blacksmith in the state of Tennessee..^^I want to go there, but we have to go to Indiana first.
Zabuzalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 15:02   Link #17
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahf
Iron is NOT black.

i hope you are not getting that answer by looking at the color of the Iron because DragonFlame didnt mean that....

BTW- If you live in New York, there is an anime expo every year or so in Times Square (4got the name of the hotel that its held at). They sell all kinds of accessories and my friend got a forehead protector. The next anime expo is towards the end of the summer vacation this year (Augustish?)
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 16:13   Link #18
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikkusu
i have never seen a forehead protector made corectly in the real world... well.. made the right size atleast... they r always huge ..... just way to big. either they r to long or to wide.... but i dont think they ever look right...so if u do want 1 done.. best thing to do is go to a jewler and give him your specs that u want. the protectors r only as wide as yur forehead, unless u r sakura haha, and about as long as ... hmm..well.. your eyes from end to end..maybe a very tiny bit shorter i geusss
they are close enough. people get what you are trying to do.

i make mine out of a can. the problem was i couldnt un-warp the aluminum. oh well.

people still asked where i bought it. its all good.

oh... anime-expo.org if you are near Scali.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote