AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-28, 14:15   Link #41
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

130 lucky people are going to get to see the first episode early at the premiere event on Christmas Eve. Lasting for an hour, they'll get to hear live performances of the theme songs and enjoy a talk show with the cast.

Opening song will be "Breakin' Through" by Shuuhei Kita, the winner of Japan's 1st Anime Song Grandprix. Great performance from what I saw on NicoNico so his debut song should be good too. Ending song will be sung by Nana Kitade (Full Metal Alchemist "Kesenai Tsumi").

Impressions on 2ch should be interesting.

Last edited by Xcomp; 2007-11-28 at 21:40. Reason: Oops, should be "Breakin' Through"!
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 15:51   Link #42
Ialdaboth

Cast is online :
http://www.persona-ts.net/

Mai Nakahara, why not.
=
Old 2007-12-03, 16:13   Link #43
shaselai

anyone know if the "main char" will be there or what? Would be interesting for him and mitsuru together
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 17:33   Link #44
XiaNaphryz

Promo video for the Persona anime is up!

Website is also updated with some new images

I'm not having any luck opening the vid links though.
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 18:51   Link #45
XiaNaphryz

If you're still having issues with the trailer links, try this one.
XiaNaphryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 21:02   Link #46
DesoNoto

I just started reading the manga and gotta say It's pretty good right now. Will definitely watch this show when it comes out.
DesoNoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 06:55   Link #47
U<3Anime
Boo!

The personas are CG
Old 2007-12-09, 11:44   Link #48
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
The personas are CG
Look on the bright side: at least it's good-looking CG and not GONZO-quality. -__-
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 15:15   Link #49
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Look on the bright side: at least it's good-looking CG and not GONZO-quality. -__-
So true...

I very disappointed by the trailer. The design of the anime lacks the sense of style of the original games and looks bland.
Old 2007-12-09, 19:44   Link #50
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

The animation and artwork's looking good IMO. The "reversed" body looked pretty gruesome. Things are already looking so gloomy!

As for the new info...

Spoiler:
The new characters kind of match up with the original SEES gang you know. Ryou is Akihiko, Megumi is Yukari, Kanaru is Mitsuru etc. I still want to see the old gang back, though. Lots of people on 2ch are talking what it would be like with Aegis back so perhaps Atlus will consider bringing them back.

Sticking the trailer in here for easy access.

Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 02:42   Link #51
Jesus Christnekoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
I very disappointed by the trailer. The design of the anime lacks the sense of style of the original games and looks bland.
Well, considering Persona 1's character designs, I don't think I'd really bring up the sense of style.

I'm not sure why people are surprised that the Personas, which have looked vaguely robotic since Persona 2 IS, are CG.

In any case: Buck up folks, these trailers are frequently misleading in that they're not how the show's going to actually look.
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 05:14   Link #52
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christnekoff View Post
Well, considering Persona 1's character designs
US version or Japanese ? ;p
Old 2007-12-10, 07:18   Link #53
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp
The new characters kind of match up with the original SEES gang you know. Ryou is Akihiko, Megumi is Yukari, Kanaru is Mitsuru etc. I still want to see the old gang back, though. Lots of people on 2ch are talking what it would be like with Aegis back so perhaps Atlus will consider bringing them back.
Kanaru's picture reminded me of Aegis actually. Probably because of her headband/hairclips. Kanaru's profile actually seems more like an amalgation of Mitsuru and Fuuka to me. Takurou is probably "Junpei", but not as goofy, by the sound of it.

If Ryou's 28 at the time of Trinity Soul, he would have been 18 at the time of Nyx's first coming. I wonder which high school he graduated from.....?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:02   Link #54
Jesus Christnekoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
US version or Japanese ? ;p
Well, they're mostly the same things except for some minor color changes. I mean, the Earring Boy has a stupid hair thing going on in the US version, and Mark goes black (and never goes back), but everyone else is pretty much the same level of blandness.
Jesus Christnekoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 15:06   Link #55
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Well, they're mostly the same things except for some minor color changes. I mean, the Earring Boy has a stupid hair thing going on in the US version, and Mark goes black (and never goes back), but everyone else is pretty much the same level of blandness.
No (or not only). The US artworks are badly drawn and are a pain to look at, while the original designs succeeded in exposing more flair in the design of the characters : the attitudes, the mimics, that kind of details. Question of sensitivity maybe too.

But Persona 1 is not really the point after all (yes, references, universe, please spare me all that stuff), as P:TS will be somewhat of a sequel to P3. If we must draw comparaisons, it should be principally between those two.
Old 2007-12-10, 21:17   Link #56
U<3Anime
Boo!

Judging from what I have seen from the trailer, the dark mood definitely feels a lot more similar to Persona 2 than 3. I have never played 1 or 2, but I have read things and seen videos about it. (Especially, with the whole situation of police investigating bizzare violent crimes) Plus, there doesn't seem to be any signs of evokers, so they are going to back the classic way of summoning by shouting "PERUSONAAAAA!" again. =D
Old 2007-12-11, 01:01   Link #57
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The trailer doesnt look bad to me, there's a nice dark feeling to it, i hope it will not be a disapointement.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 21:25   Link #58
cleo

I like the trailer too, it looks quite dark and gloomy.
I haven't played the games, but I will definitely give the series a try.
cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 21:45   Link #59
MeganeShounen
Huh?

The Persona design looks interesting... But it seems that only Shin and his older brother have pics out for their Personas.

Has there been any info about Shin's Persona? Like name or Arcana even? (Just in case I missed it.)

I'm guessing that from the looks of it (knight's mane, longsword, helm), it seems to be of the Emperor arcana, while his brother has a similar one (or maybe of the Strength arcana)...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 01:48   Link #60
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Well, in other SMT games, they've used Guns to summon demons to fight by their side (Devil Summoner and Soul Hackers's Gun-type Computer, and the Devil Children used a similar device). None of the Persona characters before P3 needed an sort of toy to help them summon. In that respect, they were not unlike Stands from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (and by that, I kinda mean they were the exact same thing as Stands from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, except the Persona kids glow blue when they summon their Persona).

Yeah, and there's reason: Its kinda lame. D:

Well, the difference I think is that the other available weapons* tend to have legitimate purposes outside of actual combat. Fencing and other forms of swordsmanship are apparently really popular (if cartoons are to be believed), and so forth.

*Ok, Shinjiro's weapons aren't, but he's not on the up and up anyway.

Ideally, none. The whole image is absurd. Shooting yourself in the head results in death. When you die, your "other self" does not pop out, you die. You cease to be. You blow your brain up, which is where all that id, ego and superego crap exists. When your brain becomes tiny bits, your id doesn't take over, your super ego doesn't take over, and your ego doesn't take over, because they're all gone.

I would actually buy the whole "its meant to be symbolic!" argument if Aegis wasn't exempt from it. Just the very fact that her Evoker doesn't look like everyone else's destroys any sort of symbolism they tried to create.

Alright, I'm going to stop talking now, because this is not what this thread is for!
Just curious but have you played the game at all?

1) The Evoker is not a real gun.
2) Junpei evens questions why it has to be a gun.
3) Why a gun? In the point of view of the developers, it was probably to justify why the main character is the leader of the party (recall what Akihiko said in the beginning)

Now I don't know who's making too much serious business out of this, me or you?

Anyway, back on topic. I'm looking foward to this. I'm expecting to see returning characters and the appearance of Philemon.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural