Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-26, 20:40   Link #281
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
god i hate waiting for this it wants to hurry
Well,

1 - the 2nd (VHS) episode is going to be out fansubbed soon. (I guess)

2 - Next week the DVD with episode 1 and 2 will be out. (on 3/3)

3 - The VHS version of episode 3 and 4 will be out next week. (also on 3/3)

So it's not like you'll have to wait that long...

I'm kind of wondering up to which manga chapter this OVA series will cover.
At the rate the first 2 episodes were going they'll have time for the beginning of the bug arc as well.
I'm guessing the pace will slow down a bit though.

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 2004-02-29, 01:50   Link #282
ahmshaegar

that's reall strange...

...considering that i see this on animesuki:

http://animesuki.rut.org/series.php/176.html
Old 2004-02-29, 12:33   Link #283
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyme
well you can get the manga from 199-206 here

http://www.geocities.com/moustachio_gs/manga.htm

as well as links to other sites that cary the manga's earlier chapters...

best bet forearly stuff is Toriyama's world.. which takes you to like 160 or something....

as for why people alls ay "read the manga, read the manga"

well besides the fact it's further along.... and specifically in the case of hxh there is soem censorship in the anime not present in the manga

for instance... in the hunter's exam arc.... when Hisoka killed that guy that took Gon's badge, and came back to gon, in the anime he is wearing the guys hat, in the manga he is carying the guys severed head.....

many other moments like this.. includign soem dark moments for killua that involve him killing some jerks, because he is excited.... now they were jerks, but they were not threatening killua, or anything, he killed them ruthlessly because he was excited.... they touch on it barely in the anime, but in such an ambiguous way that the guy (it's only 1 in the anime, 2 in the manga) could be seen as being knocked out...

I wont mention other stuff directly... I feel that what I mentioned was early in, and anyone reading this thread should have seen up to these points (which plot wise aren't very important, but characetr wise, they are very)

I haven't seen the oavs yet so I am not sure if the horror elements of the series are better retained then they were in the tv series or not... but I am hoping they are, as that cold hearted horror element was a big part fo what I liked about hunter x hunter... and there are some moments in future arcs that should definatly be left in, that might otherwise be cut out... (a brother and sister, in the most recent arc for instance, I wont give it away)

the anime is good, but ti holds back

as for hutner x hunter vs naruto...

well they are VERY VERY VERY similar, those who say they are not must be on crack... hell the 2 exams from each series respectively alone are estremely close, they don't follow the same plot points, and the characters are different (for the most part), but the style of show (comming of age action) is exact on....

I like them both, abotu equaly.. here is the thing....

right now Naruto is dragging hard core in the manga, it's so slow it's ridiculous, and is on a rather uninteresting story arc....

arc for arc

Naruto's Haku/zabuza arc Vs. Hunter X Hunter's hunter exam arc:
I think they are close, but HxH probably wins out, because of the vast amount of cool characters introduced... yet the nauto arc is great and really shows personal growth between the characters, as well as the set-up of a great rivalry

Naruto's Chunin exam arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's hutner exam arc:
I wanted to go arc by arc in order, but these 2 have to be compared, they are very similar, that being said I felt the Naruto arc was better, more development, introduction of some very cool characters, etc...

Naruto's chunin exam arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's spider arc:
outside of the early parts of the spider arc (mostly nen, and that fighting tower, as well as some late arc stuff, like when gon and killua figure out how to find and sell antiques) I felt it was a major disapointment, while there were cool characters and such, and it was brutal... it was focused so heavily on kurapica who I don;t liek nearly as much as gon and killua, makign it rather boring for me... as stated before, I loved the chuunin exams in naruto... I think naruto takes this fight

Naruto's search for Tsunade arc Vs. Hunter X Hunter's Greed Island arc:
I can't pic.. I love these arcs so much.. I guess if I had to choose it would be HXH.... but Naruto's development in the Tsunade arc, the final fight of the arc, the learning of rasengan, etc..etc.. it is so good, and I cherished that arc.. thoroughly.. plus jaraiya was hillarious..... but greed Island was by far the best HXH arc... BY FAR... the whoel card system just screams "MAKE ME INTO A MMORPG!!!" Killua's second exam rocked, their new trainer was cool as hell, it was just such an aewsome arc.... I couldn;t stop reading it...

Naruto's Sasuke acts like a b!+c# arc vs. Hunter X Hunter's perfect cell.. er I mean crazy insects arc...:
right now these are respectively the worst arcs of the 2... that beign said, hunter x hunter's arc is starting to pick up.. while Naruto's is still dragging behind.. so I give it to HXH...

I think since hunter x hunter is less known/popular it is held in higher regard, while naruto is dissed by some fans, probably mostly because it's so popular...

I like both almost equaly...

they are both excelent..... they both have great characetr development (even though I hate sasuke, I think his development is far better than that of Kurapika's... yet killua's development rocks, yet so does Neji's early development, and that might just get better... hell naruto even spent the time to develop a 3rd rate characetr like choji.. soemthign HXH doesn;t really do.... ), Naruto has better and more consistant art quality (but HXH's manga ka got sick.. so it can be argued on that... they both have great characetr designs.... yet HXHs go a little mad max, or off the wall in other ways soem times.. while Naruto's seem more practical (well for shonen manga that is)...

they both have great "magic" systems.. yet HXHs is mroe detailed... both do involve strategy though, which makes the fights more interesting....

don't diss either
Did you notice that you just spoiled some of us BIG TIME?? it seems that is impossible not be spoiled about Naruto no matter where I go
Old 2004-02-29, 17:35   Link #284
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyme
comparisions of the various story arcs...
While I agree with you on a lot of that there are 3 major points I disagree with you on.
Hunter exam vs Wave county arcs. This is the main reason I like Naruto better than HxH. The first hunter exam wasn't that good. I think it was the weakest part of HxH. In contrast the Zabuza arc was Naruto at it's finest. The character development was much better during this part of Naruto.

Chunin exam vs the tower/spider arc. I actually think this one of the better arcs of HxH, and actually can be considered part of the greed island arc. While not as good as the part that's actually on GI, it plays out well and serves as a good way to introduce the characters to the larger world. It's one problem is in making the spiders seem a little too weak. These are suposed to be some of the strongest villians, yet they are barely able to handle a group of rookie hunters. The chuunin exam in Naruto is more to set up future events. While the exam itself is ok, the real story that's occuring now in the anime is great. This sets up the rest of Naruto and is the most important part of the overall story so far. If you consider the spider arc seperate from GI, then this obviously has to go to Naruto, but since I consider this to be part of GI, I'll give the edge to HxH as GI was it's high point.

Finally the most recent arcs
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-07, 21:47   Link #285
ToFuMan

I have watched all of the hunter x hunter series 1-62, and I want to know what am I suppose to watch after that. Is it Hunter x Hunter OVA, Hunter x Hunter Green Island, or Hunter x Hunter GI final? I would really appreciate it if you can tell me what comes after the tv series.
Old 2004-03-07, 23:07   Link #286
Hisoka44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFuMan
I have watched all of the hunter x hunter series 1-62, and I want to know what am I suppose to watch after that. Is it Hunter x Hunter OVA, Hunter x Hunter Green Island, or Hunter x Hunter GI final? I would really appreciate it if you can tell me what comes after the tv series.

very very very very easy, just look on when they are made. First it is Hunter X Hunter TV, then the first OVA, then the second(greed island) then the third(gi final/greed island final). hxh could have been a TV with all the eps after each other, the ovas is nothing more than just ova. thatis that the only diffrence is they way they are shown at its original state. when i say how many eps hxh has i say 78 + the coming 14(2 already released), i do not say 62+8+8+14... learn that ova isn't something that they are not
Old 2004-03-08, 04:35   Link #287
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
very very very very easy, just look on when they are made. First it is Hunter X Hunter TV, then the first OVA, then the second(greed island) then the third(gi final/greed island final). hxh could have been a TV with all the eps after each other, the ovas is nothing more than just ova. thatis that the only diffrence is they way they are shown at its original state. when i say how many eps hxh has i say 78 + the coming 14(2 already released), i do not say 62+8+8+14... learn that ova isn't something that they are not
In other words: the OVAs are a direct continuation of the TV series.
Old 2004-03-09, 10:04   Link #288
tsegoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai
Well I'm on episode 26 right now, anime kissiaten only has up to episode 20 on here so i used Kazaa for the rest, i was kinda requesting that they put up the rest because i know there's 62 episodes
They have ep 21-62 + the two first OVA´s on this site http://torrent.nexgear.com/
Don't know if they'll get the third but i guess they will otherwise you can find it at this adress http://a.scarywater.net/a-flux/ the already have the two first there but I don't know how reliable they are...

Cheers!
Old 2004-03-15, 06:24   Link #289
Joe Dalton

hunter x hunter GI final

Anyone have an idea when the rest of hunter x hunter GI final will be released?
Old 2004-03-15, 07:12   Link #290
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
Anyone have an idea when the rest of hunter x hunter GI final will be released?
Yes, that's why I posted the VHS/DVD release dates in the existing Greed Island Final thread here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=8029&page=4
Old 2004-03-24, 23:17   Link #291
Firelightstar

Send a message via AIM to Firelightstar Send a message via MSN to Firelightstar
Question Hunter X Hunter G.I

does it really end at 8?

I mean, isn't there more to it or am I missing some files from the download?

any information or help will be great
Old 2004-03-25, 02:04   Link #292
jazz

greed island end at ep 8
GI final
has 14 eps
they are at ep 3 with subbing it
Old 2004-03-26, 00:05   Link #293
bootleg

Unhappy Hunter x hunter, I'm worried

I've downloaded ep. 1-26. Everything else up to 62 is unavailable.

Basically, I'm worried that the series will be licensed before I download the whole series. I really wanna finish the series.

Is it going to be licensed soon?
Any suggestions on where to download the rest of the series?
Old 2004-03-26, 00:09   Link #294
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
umm..The series were subbed by us last year ..we finished the full tv series and the ovas, now you might be late because popularity and licensing threats

good luck in finishin the series
Old 2004-03-26, 01:34   Link #295
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

You should probably scramble and download like a maniac before you watch. That's my rule ... get as many episodes possible before watching it.
Old 2004-03-26, 02:23   Link #296
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I've got all 62 myself. Great series. I can reseed a few as I get space in my download/upload cycle. Right now I'm seeding a few new animes like a MF, so my bandwidth is kinda strapped at the moment, but once I've got the couple of new episodes I'm after and I've given my fair share of seeding time, I'll try to seed these for you.

Drop a note in the reseeding forum to remind me. Plus you might get some others to help you out with seeds. It's how we did the entire Cerulean Sand series back about 6 months ago.
Old 2004-03-26, 02:24   Link #297
Firelightstar

u mean I have to go and download GI Final? Or all I have to do is download E.3?
Old 2004-03-26, 06:03   Link #298
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootleg
I've downloaded ep. 1-26. Everything else up to 62 is unavailable.

Basically, I'm worried that the series will be licensed before I download the whole series. I really wanna finish the series.

Is it going to be licensed soon?
Any suggestions on where to download the rest of the series?
I don't think HxH will ever be licensed. (...and even if it was you could still get the episodes easily)
Old 2004-03-26, 06:26   Link #299
SurfD

Send a message via ICQ to SurfD Send a message via MSN to SurfD
Well, first of all, the 62 eps only covers the TV series.
There are 16 additional episodes (two 8 episode ova sets), and the new ova's in the works.

I would say that HxH has about as much chance of being licenced as Naruto or One Piece, which is to say, nearly none, so you should be safe.

Also, depending on whos subs you got, you could batch torrent the ENTIRE series off of a couple of sites out there (check your inbox)
Old 2004-03-26, 06:29   Link #300
Firelightstar

hey guys, about the G.I ones. Is it all done or not? I mean, I only have up to 8 OVAs (downloaded all together 1-8OVA) and someone told me that the G.I final have 14 ep. Do I need to download that 14ep as well?

I am also reading the manga for it. It is the samething, but OVAs tells you more
Closed Thread