AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-10, 10:23   Link #21861
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBrotha View Post
Why take it so personally?
It's not like goose insulted your mother or something... Besides, did you even notice that of the three scenes, the last one was by far the most detailed, not to mention the longest one, so it would seem like the natural one to respond to...
...And if he insults your mom, just give him a Virtual Cadian Headbutt! *pumps fist in the air*

Anyone French here?

Quote:
...and in no manner did goose say that every single post he made was "keeping it real" or haxxbusting, and it's rather weird to expect that.
I think he merely responded to the last scene in a way he thought his character would have responded in the real situation.
@Reiji: If you've seen Franz in action, you'd know he's much the bitter apple on the way the TSAB handle things. This scenario sounds like a alternative scene or something, actually, and I found it rather telling of Franz rather than of Goose.

So yeah, it wasn't anything personal. Cool off, man!

------------------------------------------------

@Tshou: *massages neck * What? I got strangled to near-death over trying to compliment someone...Alright, Yui, how about "graceful"?

Spoiler for What I really think (Chinese proverb):

-------------------------------------------------
FROM THE AXIOM FORGE:

- Writing my third and second scenes simultaneously
- Aeternis...WIP (21%)
- Working on about 4 more OCs...
- And other stuff...
Old 2008-03-10, 10:25   Link #21862
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Anyone French here?
*raise hand while barbarians loot my roman city in Caesar 3*

Why?
Old 2008-03-10, 10:29   Link #21863
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I deal mostly with Technical. You strafe his backstory, I take swipes at his Attacks and Skillset. Deal?
Deal. I dislike attacking attacks and skill sets most of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Which just goes to prove what I ALWAYS suspected of you...

...did you even READ the other two scenarios?

Boomer's has him outright DESTROYING the room where Due is hiding - even if his spell doesn't vaporize her body outright, the explosion would have sent her plummeting to her death.

And Mel's has her ramming a sword thru Due's eye, AFTER "disarming" her. I'll eat my scarf if that doesn't have serious kill potential.

Due dies in all three - yet you only choose to comment on the last one - which just confirms to me what I'd always suspected about you - that you hate Arcas.

Seriously, though, I'm getting fed up with your antagonism. This is no longer haxxbusting or "keeping it real" - this is YOU SPEWING HATE for a character who was around WAAY before you got here. You've only been around for the past 300 pages or so - I've been around for 3x longer than that.

Granted, you don't have to like every single character that passes thru the halls of the OC - but such behavior on your part is immature and reeks of childishness.

In other words, KEEP YOUR HATE TO YOURSELF.
Relax Renji (I know your name is Reiji, I just like to poke fun at you ), you're taking things too seriously. Not everyone gets along well with each other (ATC irritates the hell out of me for example but I still can get along somewhat with him ).

As for Goose hammering Arcas, I happen to think its a good thing. Currently, there isn't any OC that doesn't get along with another OC (Not that I can think of anyway). All the OCs get along with each other. This is boring. But now ,we're finally starting to see some real negative type interaction between OCs.

Oh the topic of why he commented only on the last scenario, has it ever occurred to you that Arcas is your most well known OC? Truthfully speaking, I completely forgotten the existence of Mel and Boomer (I never quite forgotten about Arcas since he held a special place in my heart for trying to take Ginga's purity). Maybe he only remembers Arcas well enough to write about him. Think about this a little.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:36   Link #21864
Erio
Hiromi

Busy busy busy busy... That's how I'd describe my last week. First an unexpected business trip, then more work waiting for me when I got back. It gets quite busy over here at the end of each month.

In any case, I have a week's worth of backlog to go through, so I probably will just go through it all as quickly as possible and not comment much. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

P.S. Super Smash Bros Brawl is very nice.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
As for Goose hammering Arcas, I happen to think its a good thing. Currently, there isn't any OC that doesn't get along with another OC (Not that I can think of anyway). All the OCs get along with each other. This is boring. But now ,we're finally starting to see some real negative type interaction between OCs.
This is one of the reasons why I made my OCs TSAB's antagonists.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:39   Link #21865
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
As per Fuyu's request...

*Drops a Pacakage*

Spoiler for Rurika, The Salient Archer: Rework Version 1:

Okay... i need a preliminary Evaluation of this person...
A bow? Hmm...definitely unique. Btw, there's an error 404 under "Veda captured image". Overall I don't see any issues. Realized you seem to base lots of your OCs heavily on RF online. =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
FINALLY

Managed to finish another update to the Blue Magician Julie Liu Ming's profile, here's Part V

Spoiler for Spells:
Spoiler for Spells:
I don't get it.

Quote:
I just realize that I never posted a profile for my character, the A.I, Yui so here is her profile for you guys to look over even if its nothing special.
Spoiler for Character - A.I Yui:
Quite the cynical person/device isn't she? And she doesn't seem to have any more dreams for herself. Nice done.

Quote:
Most accurate description yet

*runs*

*agrees wholeheartedly*

Quote:
Crackiest indeed...

*Ryotaro introduces himself*

Ryotaro: Ore.... SANJOU!!!!
Null: That's my line!
Null kick on the way.

Quote:
... Somehow, I've seen this profile before... right down to the part about Yui's "aging" and menstruation prank

I think you have posted this before
I still remember the menstruation prank. The sad thing was Yui didn't realize what it was, till the external effects were seen. *runs*

Quote:
... now that you mention it, why didn't I get that image before

*dodges*

And those Balls have a whole lot of uses, limited only by the imagination
Erm...somehow I feel that what you just said has Chaotic implications.

Quote:
Sound ok in theory to me. Gotta see what you come up with though... Wait a sec, why am I the only one you ask?! I'm not the only haxxbuster here... Someone help me out here!!!
*Looks around and sees no one else*
*Hands tshouryuu buster rifle*

Quote:
* Yui starts strangling XenahortCharybdis.
Yui: Don't call me cute!! I know what kawaii means!! Only Dr. Shamal is allowed to call me that!!!
Then shall we call her kowaii?

Quote:
Wonder how Yui would react to 'The Question' regarding that matter
Or better yet, 'The Talk'. *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
So someone has started terraforming Outer Cadia into a water-filled, slooow and peaceful retirement home...?!

KAGEROU!!! ()

"I'm just a war-crazy maniac who wants this chaos to never end..."

I wouldn't blame the slowdown entirely on the irc channel though. It's a combination of busy people, missing people, the irc channel, and the genderbending thread stealing our people.
Old 2008-03-10, 10:41   Link #21866
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
*raise hand while barbarians loot my roman city in Caesar 3*

Why?
I was advising Reiji to give someone who insults his mother the Cadian version of the Legendary Revenge Headbutt!

(see a recent soccer tournament for details on the L.V.H.)

Quote:
Relax Renji (I know your name is Reiji, I just like to poke fun at you ), you're taking things too seriously. Not everyone gets along well with each other (ATC irritates the hell out of me for example but I still can get along somewhat with him ).
Renji? LOL! You remind me of...

*cough*Fay from TRC*cough*

Quote:
Strange reasons for liking a verbal battery

Ack, that means Goose beat me to it. Cleanly. I didn't think of it that way...

Quote:
Oh the topic of why he commented only on the last scenario, has it ever occurred to you that Arcas is your most well known OC? Truthfully speaking, I completely forgotten the existence of Mel and Boomer (I never quite forgotten about Arcas since he held a special place in my heart for trying to take Ginga's purity). Maybe he only remembers Arcas well enough to write about him. Think about this a little.
Ashcroft: *big smile* So...you...knew him best...for that? *popping vein*
Xena: Out of character behaviour?!
Ashcroft: A...
Xena: Ash!
Ashcroft: Wha-

*Xena clubs him over the head*

*drags him off, whistling to himself*

Xena: Nothing happened, nothing at all...yeah, nothing at all.

Old 2008-03-10, 10:55   Link #21867
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
I was advising Reiji to give someone who insults his mother the Cadian version of the Legendary Revenge Headbutt!

(see a recent soccer tournament for details on the L.V.H.)

Oh Zidane's headbutt on Materazzi.

Yeah, I saw him in a french talk show, he was interviewed with Will Smith, the american actor has to bring up the headbutt legend, making Zidane laugh out loud.
Old 2008-03-10, 11:12   Link #21868
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Oh Zidane's headbutt on Materazzi.

Yeah, I saw him in a french talk show, he was interviewed with Will Smith, the american actor has to bring up the headbutt legend, making Zidane laugh out loud.
There is a video for this...where is it? *rummages*

The Great Materazzi Headbutt - The REAL STORY?

LAWLZ...
Old 2008-03-10, 11:55   Link #21869
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I can't believe I'm using this again... IKUZE!

GESPENST RUSH!!!

Quote:
Prejuice is a very bad thing, Reiji. You're pre-judging me and my actions, and have made up your mind on what you will believe.

Quote:
Yes, I did. I only had enough time to write on one (it was a post on the run) so I went with 3, since it was the longest and most detailed.

In charecter interactions, Franz would bitch equally at all of them. However, due to the fact that I was in a hurry, plus Arcas is the XO of the 82nd and the most senior, plus the most prominent, I chose him to be the one Franz responded to. Also, it's because Franz and Arcas are, despite their differences in rank, more or less equals; Arcas is the 82nd's XO, while Franz is Assault Company Commander and on-track to be the OFM's XO and future CO.

...mind you, he was supposed to have become the XO around ten years ago or so, so it's safe to say that his career path has stalled and strayed from how Erick mapped it out for him all those years ago.

Quote:
Boomer's has him outright DESTROYING the room where Due is hiding - even if his spell doesn't vaporize her body outright, the explosion would have sent her plummeting to her death.
You forgot the collateral damage to the hotel. Not to mention the risk of a mistarget (if even Mossad can screw up and mistake a waiter for a terrorist, so can anyone).

Franz would bitch more on the collateral damage but would equally be pissed at Boomer for killing Due. He would also not be impressed as he's seen Ivanovich accomplish similar kills with less explosions.

....secretly, he would approve of the explosion. But he'd also not be totally supportive of it because it's not the hotel owner's fault that Due chose to use that as her base of operations, and also because while he appreciates sniping, Franz prefers to get in close to the target, take it out, and do so with as few traces as possible - that's his covert style. (Which is different from his assault style, which involves throwing grenades and shooting an MA5C like 7.62mm and frags are going out of fashion.)

This is probably due to the fact that he sucks ass at shooting with a scope that isn't a reflex sight.

Quote:
And Mel's has her ramming a sword thru Due's eye, AFTER "disarming" her. I'll eat my scarf if that doesn't have serious kill potential.
That's for Naomi to comment on, actually. I need to write more on Naomi. Shortshort version which will be written:

Naomi: "I'd shoot her with TTR. We need her alive, she's no good to us dead."
Mel: "But-"
Naomi: "Oh yes, she would die. After she tells us what she knows. Willingly or unwillingly." *smile* "Ah, well, it explains why you're doing jobs on the Rim, not a member of the OFM."

Alpha Naomi is more snarky compared to StrikerS Naomi. This is Franz's fault. IRC knows why.

Quote:
Due dies in all three - yet you only choose to comment on the last one - which just confirms to me what I'd always suspected about you - that you hate Arcas.
Wait, didn't I reply to this? Nevermind, long reply below.

Quote:
Seriously, though, I'm getting fed up with your antagonism. This is no longer haxxbusting or "keeping it real" - this is YOU SPEWING HATE for a character who was around WAAY before you got here. You've only been around for the past 300 pages or so - I've been around for 3x longer than that.

Granted, you don't have to like every single character that passes thru the halls of the OC - but such behavior on your part is immature and reeks of childishness.

Alright, long post is long.

Reiji, I chose to respond to senario 3 for several reasons. Firstly, what could I really respond to 1 and 2? Both were just too short to really flesh out things. Senario 3 was different though: Arcas made a token effort at Due, provoked her, then killed her. It was longer and gave me more things to work with. I'm not as familliar with Boomer or Mel as Arcas, so trying to write something involving them while rushing before going to work would have been a headache for me. I have a decent feel for Arcas, however, and there was more development for him and the setup in Senario 3 that I could work with it.

In no way did I say that I was haxbusting Arcas or keeping anything real. I was merely making a what-if senario based on how I envision Franz would repond to Arcas, drawing on his experiences of being blackops, following orders and rules of engagement, and his time as a cop, plus an important plot point to his relationship with Naomi in Alpha. Go read his profile for it. It has something to do with killing people who didn't need to die. (The Gardai are the Erusian equivalents to the current Iraqi police, who have to brave terrorist bombs and trade fire with Al-Qaeda every time they step outta their police stations.)

Please note something: I only haxbust the profiles as the charecters are being developed. Reading Arcas' profile, there are a number of things that make me go "WTF", but I'm not busting anything about him because he's already been busted and approved. What I said on Aurion applies here: Arcas has the same pass that Aurion has because he was already approved, and on a more pragmatic note, I have enough things on my plate without busting already approved charecters.

Do not try to guilttrip me or pull the "I was here longer" whine cards on me; my boss tried that on me this morning and hung my salary over my head and I stood my ground: do you really think I'm going to back down when you're using those tactics on me? Consider something also, Reiji: experience/length of time on OC does not equal activity. Let's break things down. You joined in June 2007 and as of today have 551 posts, which translates to about 15 posts per week (9 months, standard month is 4 weeks, you've been a member approximately 35 weeks). I joined in November 2007 and have 350 posts as of today, which translates to about 21.8 posts per week. I spend more time on the forums and have more activity here than you. It's actually kind of sad that I have more activity in sixteen weeks of forum time compared to you for the same amount of time. And you're the older member of OC. Regardless, this is a totally fallacious argument.

I have gone through the same vetting process that each member of OC has gone through. I have written fanfiction. I have made profiles. I have been subjected to haxbusting of both my OCs and my work, by TK. I have scrapped Joint Training 1 & 2 from Alpha Canon because of TK's haxbusting opening my eyes to the fail that it was. I have never attempted to bring in an OC and go, "I have the right to skip haxbusting and scrutiny because I am the author who made this OC."

I am not spewing hate for Arcas. If I was, I would be writing bad Arcas-bashing fanfiction. Reread that response carefully, objectively. As Xen said, this is very telling of Franz, and ties in to senarios and possibilities that I've mentioned to IRC. This is Franz's in-charecter response to the situation.

As a charecter, Franz is very bitter and disillusionised with the TSAB, especially by the time Alpha rolls around. He's very sick and tired of TSAB regulars throwing their weight around, and is disgusted at what he perceives as the incompetance of the TSAB. Because most of his interactions with TSAB personnel were traitors and corrupt officers who were to be executed, Franz has a dim view of the TSAB, believing that there is something inherently rotten at the TSAB's core. That the RAF and Ground Forces savaged his Air Ground Task Force paper on how to link air and ground mages didn't help much.

From the literary standpoint, then, Arcas is a godsend for my purposes; he's the perfect foil to Franz. Everything about the TSAB that Franz dislikes is either seen in Arcas or projected onto him by a bitter & disillusionised Franz, which is a godsend to me, since I don't have to make another OC. Also, as Tshou said, it was getting boring with all our OCs getting along together; we need some drama to spice things up a little.

Lastly: Your Kill Due Senario 3 was the only Senario I replied to because when pressed for time (I was posting on the run before going to work - works starts at 8.30 and it was 8.07 when I posted), I chose to go with the best-written and most-developed scenario out of the three. I get to write, develop Franz and demonstrate his personality more, and show the difference in how the OFM and 82nd operate, plus his distaste/disgust for TSAB regulars and dislike of Arcas. Killing that many birds with one stone? Of course I'm gonna take that opportunity, the way I'm taking this new job at a new company!

Now, gonna sleep. Night, people.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-03-10 at 19:17.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:16   Link #21870
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
If you asked me, Version 3 looked the best of the three scribbles you've written. Maybe that's why he continued off Version 3 - it might not be anything hostile
Quote:
Why take it so personally?
It's not like goose insulted your mother or something... Besides, did you even notice that of the three scenes, the last one was by far the most detailed, not to mention the longest one, so it would seem like the natural one to respond to...

...and in no manner did goose say that every single post he made was "keeping it real" or haxxbusting, and it's rather weird to expect that.
I think he merely responded to the last scene in a way he thought his character would have responded in the real situation.

Now i might be missing a point or two here, but i still can't see all this "hate spewing" that goose is doing, but i do see you throwing a lot of crap in gooses direction...
Quote:
...And if he insults your mom, just give him a Virtual Cadian Headbutt! *pumps fist in the air*

Anyone French here?

@Reiji: If you've seen Franz in action, you'd know he's much the bitter apple on the way the TSAB handle things. This scenario sounds like a alternative scene or something, actually, and I found it rather telling of Franz rather than of Goose.

So yeah, it wasn't anything personal. Cool off, man!
Quote:

...I'll wait and see what Goose has to say about this.

Quote:
Renji? LOL! You remind me of...

*cough*Fay from TRC*cough*
You're just figuring this out NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Yes, I did. I only had enough time to write on one (it was a post on the run) so I went with 3, since it was the longest and most detailed.

In charecter interactions, Franz would bitch equally at all of them. However, due to the fact that I was in a hurry, plus Arcas is the XO of the 82nd and the most senior, plus the most prominent, I chose him to be the one Franz responded to. Also, it's because Franz and Arcas are, despite their differences in rank, more or less equals; Arcas is the 82nd's XO, while Franz is Assault Company Commander and on-track to be the OFM's XO and future CO.

...mind you, he was supposed to have become the XO around ten years ago or so, so it's safe to say that his career path has stalled and strayed from how Erick mapped it out for him all those years ago.
So it IS as they say...

Quote:
I am not spewing hate for Arcas. If I was, I would be writing bad Arcas-bashing fanfiction. Reread that response carefully, objectively. As Xen said, this is very telling of Franz, and ties in to senarios and possibilities that I've mentioned to IRC. This is Franz's in-charecter response to the situation.
Or trying to blackmail me like Haru...and I don't generally do IRC.

Quote:
As a charecter, Franz is very bitter and disillusionised with the TSAB, especially by the time Alpha rolls around. He's very sick and tired of TSAB regulars throwing their weight around, and is disgusted at what he perceives as the incompetance of the TSAB. Because most of his interactions with TSAB personnel were traitors and corrupt officers who were to be executed, Franz has a dim view of the TSAB, believing that there is something inherently rotten at the TSAB's core. That the RAF and Ground Forces savaged his Air Ground Task Force paper on how to link air and ground mages didn't help much.

From the literary standpoint, then, Arcas is a godsend for my purposes; he's the perfect foil to Franz. Everything about the TSAB that Franz dislikes is either seen in Arcas or projected onto him by a bitter & disillusionised Franz, which is a godsend to me, since I don't have to make another OC. Also, as Tshou said, it was getting boring with all our OCs getting along together; we need some drama to spice things up a little.
Few things to keep in mind...the RAF isn't formally part of the Ground Forces, Navy, or Air Force - they're a subset of the forces of the Diplomatic Corps - so them commenting on such a paper is HIGHLY irregular.

Second, if Arcas' & Franz' roles are to play the foil to each other, then I don't mind. Just make sure the victories aren't one-sided, okay?

And BORING CAN BE GOOD!

Quote:
Also... consider something. If you're having this much of a shitfit over one charecter, imagine the shitstorm if I responded to all three.
It's a storm that'd never happen. When it comes to character hate/love, I'm a great deal like one of my old high school teachers. He made fun of people in class, but got away with it 'cause he did it for EVERYBODY - from the class nerd down to the class idiot.

In other words, if you'd responded to all three like that, I'd just have said, "Okay, guy has a thing for not liking Bureau officers yada yada yada..."

It's when 1 character in specific gets targeted that I get pissed.

Thought I'd say so.
Old 2008-03-10, 12:17   Link #21871
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
.....Right...

That was extremely OOC .....

BUT WHY IS IT SO FUNNY?!?!?!
Because it is make of cracky goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Is it gay if you <3 Kyonko?
Nope, not at all...not at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
We? I'm not part of the scourge!
For the Frozen Throne...

Quote:
I'll just give you a little something to look at while you wait...

Spoiler for Red really does make you three times faster:
And not just any red, salmon red

Although it does look kinda pink...

Char: It's RED!! SALMON RED DAMN IT!!!

Quote:
Saved for Rebuilt of Vice.
Oh boy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Finally, Scene I is finished! :3

Spoiler for MSLN Alpha, Chapter 3, Scene I:

*adds Due to MUST DIE PAINFUL DEATH list

Quote:
Get in line. I'm hoping for Ivanovich to have a crack at her.

Big long claws vs Old Marine Sergeant Major Badass? No Contest.

Spoiler:
When did this line get here? I want a piece, damn it!

Spoiler for My Turn:

Quote:
Crackiest indeed...

*Ryotaro introduces himself*

Ryotaro: Ore.... SANJOU!!!!
Null: That's my line!
Yet another trying to steal his line, huh?
Old 2008-03-10, 12:30   Link #21872
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Or trying to blackmail me like Haru...and I don't generally do IRC.
You obviously never read this post then. I've been emotionally blackmailed repeatedly, most recently this morning by my boss. I don't subscribe to those tactics.

As for IRC, I was just mentioning it to remind the IRC guys on the plotpoints and that they have a heads up on it. You CAN read his profile to find that plot point.

Quote:
Few things to keep in mind...the RAF isn't formally part of the Ground Forces, Navy, or Air Force - they're a subset of the forces of the Diplomatic Corps - so them commenting on such a paper is HIGHLY irregular.
TSAB-wide dessimation of paper; RAF does combat at times so I figured they'd get copies of this paper. Plus, as indicated by Alpha, RAF is starting to take a more frontline role against the Spawn, though the bulk of the work is still on the OFM's shoulders.

Quote:
Second, if Arcas' & Franz' roles are to play the foil to each other, then I don't mind. Just make sure the victories aren't one-sided, okay?
The victories will depend on whoever is more stubborn as well as the situation. For sure, Arcas will beat franz in a magic fight, but Franz will wipe the floor with Arcas in a fistfight, as an example.

Also, Arcas is a sort of foil for Franz. Sort of. That's how I try to write it.

His real purpose, in Franz's eyes, is as living embodiment of everything he hates about the TSAB.
Quote:
And BORING CAN BE GOOD!
I grew as a fanfiction writer reading Eva fanfiction classics such as The One I Love Is and Higher Learning. Those drummed into me "Drama = GOOD!, Boring = BAD!"

Quote:
It's a storm that'd never happen. When it comes to character hate/love, I'm a great deal like one of my old high school teachers. He made fun of people in class, but got away with it 'cause he did it for EVERYBODY - from the class nerd down to the class idiot.

In other words, if you'd responded to all three like that, I'd just have said, "Okay, guy has a thing for not liking Bureau officers yada yada yada..."

It's when 1 character in specific gets targeted that I get pissed.

Thought I'd say so.
Say so earlier then. THe problem, Reiji, being frank here, is that you're too emotionally attached to your creations. You need to learn how to be detached as you watch them get savaged. Yes, Arcas is your main OC, yes you've invested the most time into him, but charecters attacking Arcas are not authors attacking you.

(And frankly, in the real world, Arcas and Dirk would piss people off.)

You think it's bad? Kagerou's makin' me GAY in Khrack vs Kerokanon, for cryin' out loud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Spoiler for My Turn:
Dynamic Entrance much?

Surprisingly, I'm the only person whose OCs want to capture Due alive. Everyone else wants to kill her brutally.

Franz: "The Sergeant Major stabbed her in the heart!"
Ivanovich: "Just enough to the right to hurt but not kill."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-10, 12:40   Link #21873
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I grew as a fanfiction writer reading Eva fanfiction classics such as The One I Love Is and Higher Learning. Those drummed into me "Drama = GOOD!, Boring = BAD!"
Ah, such awesome fics

Quote:
You think it's bad? Kagerou's makin' me GAY in Khrack vs Kerokanon, for cryin' out loud!
*snicker*

"Look at it, it's not pink. It's like, uhhh, a lightish-red."

"Guess what? They already have a color for lightish-red. You know what it's called? Pink!"

Quote:
Dynamic Entrance much?

Surprisingly, I'm the only person whose OCs want to capture Due alive. Everyone else wants to kill her brutally.

Franz: "The Sergeant Major stabbed her in the heart!"
Ivanovich: "Just enough to the right to hurt but not kill."
Naw, not much . As much as I had originally wanted to cleave her right down the middle like a fruit, it wouldn't be what would have happened per TSAB policy. Maybe I should have sliced off her other arm too...

Due: Oh, oh I see. Running away, eh?! You yellow bastard!!! Come back here and take what's coming to you!!! I'LL BITE YOUR LEGS OFF!!!
Old 2008-03-10, 12:53   Link #21874
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
I just realize that I never posted a profile for my character, the A.I, Yui so here is her profile for you guys to look over even if its nothing special.
Spoiler for Character - A.I Yui:
Ah, this is that A.I. you were talking about...she does look very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*sees Tshou blast Ghaz with the GN Warp Cannon [HAXX Version]*

Yes, Kha... I have dibs on the Shipboard Weapon for the Silvana... go and Find your own Shipboard SuperGun

*Goes back to tuning down the Cannon*

===

As per Fuyu's request...

*Drops a Pacakage*

Spoiler for Rurika, The Salient Archer: Rework Version 1:

Okay... i need a preliminary Evaluation of this person...

*rows away*

*Works on the Third of Three (active) Templars (the rest- about 2, are spending their vacation in Neo-Venezia as of this moment- with Arisa paying)*
I like her. I can't see anything terribly over- or underpowered from a cursory look-over, either. This thread needs more bow-users, anyway.

Quote:
Most accurate description yet

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You too huh?

main reason I haven't posted that much for me. I'm drifting away to dreamland every other second.
Eh? There some kind of bug going around? Seems like someone's sick every other day.

Quote:
Yeah, hate it how flu bugs just drop out of the sky and pwn you every time.

Half of me wants to raid (the event is ending but I haven't got my tabard!!!), half of me wants to sleep, and a mysterious half of me that somehow managed to be leftover is asking me to finish my assignment due tomorrow and write Rebuilt OP + finish Codex Witch Hunters for Anita.

So I either have 0 Stamina, or 0 Focus to do any of the three.
So you're three halves of one person now? When will it end?

Quote:

*sigh* Not again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Busy busy busy busy... That's how I'd describe my last week. First an unexpected business trip, then more work waiting for me when I got back. It gets quite busy over here at the end of each month.

In any case, I have a week's worth of backlog to go through, so I probably will just go through it all as quickly as possible and not comment much. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon.

P.S. Super Smash Bros Brawl is very nice.
Heh, sounds like you have your hands full. Still have time for Brawl, though, do you? (Haven't been able to put mine down yet.)

Quote:
I wouldn't blame the slowdown entirely on the irc channel though. It's a combination of busy people, missing people, the irc channel, and the genderbending thread stealing our people.
Most people aren't on irc until really late, as in midnight-ish where I live, anyway. Even the, it's easy to take a break for backlog or whatever and just catch up.

Busy/missing people and genderbending, however, are things about which we can do nothing.

Quote:
I can't believe I'm using this again... IKUZE!

GESPENST RUSH!!!
Ah, the Gespenst Rush! Favorite of redshirt mecha armies everywhere! Enemies run for your lives!

And slow thread is still slow. Where's my four-page breaker, dammit?
Old 2008-03-10, 13:01   Link #21875
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Alright then. Ahem.

BACKLONGER DOUBLE SUPLEX!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay Shour, etc... I'll throw up what I've been thinking about as far as redoing Lynn, I haven't set down and thrown details anywhere, but here's a basic restructure premise. I'll do this before writing a whole thing up again that way I can hammer out an approved lifetime event structure before I write details in for three to four hours straight.

1- Childhood is nice, still enchanted to be an enforcer from an early age... she starts an enforcer career per normal...

2- Sub-Par enforcer, during enforcer stuff, botched mission occures in which she survives (barely), a bunch of people die both in the unit and civilian casualties. Is not her fault, just botched intel. Plenty of ideas to work with here, ranging from incident concepts similar to Zests to nanoha's backstab to others.

3- She grows determined not to let that happen again and decides she needs to be strong enough to protect those in her unit. Insert Anime Trope -TRAINING FROM HELL- here.

4- Begin developement of her techniques during her training from hell.

5- Performance improves, she works harder when missions still end up in pitched battles.

6- Insert PASSAGE OF TIME segment for general improvement and advancement of techniques, and events pertaining to developement of them. PoT also earns her reputation points as she improves. (AKA: The Level Up Grind)

7- Insert Unit Transfer at critical juncture here. Perhaps Post Regius formation of the SWAT Unit's SHOCK ENFORCERS (Put it around a month Post Regius) that was suggested.

8- As of yet unstructured Unison stuff here. I'll probably scrap what I had on Unisons previously, I've still got no idea what to do with them.

This'll make her age more maliable, make her less emotionally traumatized and volotile, and a bit more believable.

Rip and tear, hack and slash, cut and paste? Oh bugger, just take a gander and give the word.
I can't really comment much because it's just an outline, but it does look a lot better than what you originally had for Lynn's character sheet.

Quote:
Hmmm Reddo wouldn't happen to look like

Spoiler for This:

Would he?

Belkarangers: YUUSUKE-SAN!

Anyway, he's the simplest OC I've ever seen in a long while, both in his history and his attacks (which reminds me of DotA's Phantom Lancer for some reason)... not sure what to make of the fact that the Aces seem to have something to do with his initial lack of success, though indirectly. Still, nice but simple
LOL No, he doesn't look like him :3 I'm not as bad as you nutjobs

And yes, he's quite simple, but that's because I haven't gotten around to introducing him to my story, so his personality is still quite simple. But as I progress my story and get closer to introducing him, his personally is probably going to get better.

Besides, I don't really know anything of the character save for the one Gaoranger movie where he made a guest appearance, and even then, all I know is that he's a strong swordman, and has some sort of interesting past that would involve me actually going back and watching Liveman, which I don't really feel like doing.

In terms of his career, think of it as the three Aces getting a lot of the cool jobs
Old 2008-03-10, 13:45   Link #21876
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
@Lowe: So the Belkarangers are pretty much done, rite? When are ya gonna write stuff about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post

Wow...Kagerou...look at what you've done! XD
I didn't mean to! :3
Or did I?

Quote:
So someone has started terraforming Outer Cadia into a water-filled, slooow and peaceful retirement home...?!

KAGEROU!!! ()

Eto... I didn't mean to...
*hides*

Quote:
Old 2008-03-10, 13:58   Link #21877
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
You obviously never read this post then. I've been emotionally blackmailed repeatedly, most recently this morning by my boss. I don't subscribe to those tactics.
That's what I was saying. YOU don't do that.

Quote:
TSAB-wide dessimation of paper; RAF does combat at times so I figured they'd get copies of this paper. Plus, as indicated by Alpha, RAF is starting to take a more frontline role against the Spawn, though the bulk of the work is still on the OFM's shoulders.
They'd get copies, and they'd read it, but they wouldn't really comment on it - at least, not the guys in the field - each RAF squad is something of a standalone force, so mages need to be flight-capable in order to join.

Quote:
The victories will depend on whoever is more stubborn as well as the situation. For sure, Arcas will beat franz in a magic fight, but Franz will wipe the floor with Arcas in a fistfight, as an example.
Yeah, Arcas is pretty much useless without a Device on hand.

Quote:
See, I'm the opposite - most of the stuff I read is like what you see in Aria - slice of life, everyday kind of things.

Quote:
Say so earlier then. THe problem, Reiji, being frank here, is that you're too emotionally attached to your creations. You need to learn how to be detached as you watch them get savaged. Yes, Arcas is your main OC, yes you've invested the most time into him, but charecters attacking Arcas are not authors attacking you.

(And frankly, in the real world, Arcas and Dirk would piss people off.)
In the real world, anyone pisses other people off.

Quote:
Hey, that's just part of the character you're replacing portraying!

Edit: Ghost Rider #4!!

Spoiler for Captain Sylvia Saganami:

Spoiler for Character Models:

Last edited by Reiji Tabibito; 2008-03-30 at 20:59.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:12   Link #21878
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Looks cool but I supose until you finish her story, I will be able to give you a better opinion
Well VEDA is trying to block IANNE and C.C.'s access attempts lately. I may have to ask the person herself

Quote:
Yui = Kawaii~!
Saint X sees Yui Blast Xeno with the GN Warp Cannon [HAXX VERSION]

Quote:
Just this:

[BORAT]Very Nice! I Like! [/BORAT]

I see that you will not get execute

Quote:
Well, Nighty has actually written it
"A Whole new *static*"

*Sees GN-X squad fly past Alladin, smacking Jafar in the process*

Quote:
See you got more or less her spells down pat, and quite the impressive list of spells too

Will want to see the completed version though
Did i just read "Rurika in Undine Uniform Want"?

*runs*

Quote:
@SaintX: Big profile. Gonna take sometime to go through it... maybe someone else would like to tackle this?
You guys have 1 to 1.5 weeks to comply before I release another one.

Quote:
Oooh yeah

*drifts off in the tranquility of a gondola*
*Sees a singing Orange Princess rowing said gondola*

Quote:
I deal mostly with Technical. You strafe his backstory, I take swipes at his Attacks and Skillset. Deal?
Rurika killed arkhangelsk with Echo Arrow Storm

Rurika: I'm a Girl! I'm a Girl! I'm a Girl! I'm a Girl!

Quote:

KAGEROU!!! ()

*hides the Ali-Al-Saachez Lookalike in ARIA: The Sonata*

"I'm just a work-crazy maniac who wants this work to never end..."

He's a Merkin- a sort of underwater/general maintenance guy

*runs from Amano-sensei's cats*

Quote:
*decides to station the Knights on Aquos*

Gimmy: YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!!!

*Sees Akira stuff Gelato down Gimmy's mouth*

Puunyuuuu~

Maaaaaaaa~ *glomp*

Quote:
A bow? Hmm...definitely unique. Btw, there's an error 404 under "Veda captured image". Overall I don't see any issues. Realized you seem to base lots of your OCs heavily on RF online. =O
Well VEDA is not such a super AI system... even Ribbons-kun agrees...

*sees Alejandro Corner nod as well, waving golden gun*

Well sue me for relying on a game...

WoW is not so appealing to me, primarily because of the cost...

Is WoWScape any good as an alternate/free WoW server? I might Try it for kicks...

Currently, RF Online is the most technically challenging MMO that I've ever played...

In one character, I'm using all my skill slots- all 50 of them, to PT/PL, Raid, Repel and simply Buff or even survive...

0 second heal cooldown + Healing Wind + Recovery Circle FTW!

It takes at least 4 max lvl characters to take me down- can tank an entire party or two if a similar class is within radar range...

@Lowe: does your LAN Shop/Net Cafe have RF?

Quote:
Then shall we call her kowaii?
[X VISION]

Kowaii...

Kowaii...

Kowaii...

Kowainaa...

Kowainaa...

Kowainaa...

Pretty Cure Dr*static* Attack!!!

[/X VISION]

*Runs from the Pretty Cure Five Group*

Old 2008-03-10, 15:39   Link #21879
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

On 'No Mages Land:'

Potential H4xx: What exactly do you mean by "absorb"? Do you mean to drain it, a la Shamal, or to completely take it off them, like nothing we've seen yet? Hmm...possible nerfs could be a time limit, magical drain and casting time. If not, it would just render the mages pretty useless, and the knights without their upgrades.
He totally drains the amgical link Cores of all the mages near at him and use them to take down the mages who now are totally unables to defend theyrselvs against any kind of attack

Quote:

On 'Meduza Sight:'

[Xena yells at DMX over the MSN]: This all your fault, I swear! I blame it on you and your Orochi no Tsurugi!

Okay, rant at an old buddy in school over. I fear that I might have similar complaints about this move, as I had on his, but since you haven't added enough details, we'll leave this be. Petrification = Complete disablement, and therefore requires some heavy nerfing.
I don't get your point

Quote:

On 'Soul Extinguisher:'

Impossibly powerful. Combining "unblockable" and "one-hit-kill" is a little over the top, wouldn't you say? Possible nerfs might be the casting time and magical drain, among others.
Yes, the Soul Extinguisher is the most powerfull attack in Penguinck's arsenal, but normally he doesn't use it cause he prefers to have fun with his enemies instead of killthem, plus this attacks only works with one enemy at time

Quote:

On 'Teletransportation':

Needs strong limits too. I can imagine him blipping around all the major magic attacks in the universe if it didn't have strong limits. Cool-down time, and cast time limits would be nice, even if you don't want it to strain him too much, which I think can slide for a bit.
This is not exactly an attack but a recurse, cause it takes time to activate. His teletransportation move isn't very good in a showdown.
Old 2008-03-10, 15:41   Link #21880
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:

WoW is not so appealing to me, primarily because of the cost...
Different reason here: Warcraft universe never appealed to me. The fact that it is like Warhammer universe, a setting I never liked, didn't help. I am more a fan of Dark Sun, Moorcook's Young Kingdoms and Tragic Millenium Earth, Planescape and Legend of the Five Rings as far as heroic fantasy campain or game settings goes.
Closed Thread