It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Shocking revelation.
Old 2008-05-15, 03:06   Link #22
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
1) What did Urahara do to make SS so angry?
He made the untracable gigai unless thats like a cover-up story.

Quote:
Leaving aside being possible dangers.......objectively speaking Kensei is a big fat failure. His entire squad got killed under his nose, and he became a monster himself (possibly killing innocents). In a performance oriented world, that's enough to get him exiled.

Yes, I know that's harsh. But I'm just trying to look at it from a militaristic or SS point of view. I don't think it implausible that they'd view failure unfavourably.
I agree, I think SS wouldnt be very cool with having an partial Hollow as a Captain.
Old 2008-05-15, 03:33   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

As much as I hate to say it, I also agree with that evaluation. Kensei was completely incompetent. SO much for the fabled power of the Captain-class. He got owned without even knowing what hit him. That was pretty pathetic, and I was deeply disappointed that he didn't even put up a fight before he went down like a pansy.
Old 2008-05-15, 03:38   Link #24
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

owned incompetent have you seen his MONSTER Transformation

Old 2008-05-15, 04:03   Link #25
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Before that he went down as fast as a thai hooker though
edit: Though he looks like he caught a STD with his monster transformation. Obviously being a captain doesnt really pay off
Old 2008-05-15, 06:51   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Kensei's hollow form is...familiar (not comparing it to Ichigo's transformation here). I swear I've seen something like that in another story. Regardless, it's pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
As much as I hate to say it, I also agree with that evaluation. Kensei was completely incompetent. SO much for the fabled power of the Captain-class. He got owned without even knowing what hit him. That was pretty pathetic, and I was deeply disappointed that he didn't even put up a fight before he went down like a pansy.
For everyone saying Kensei is incompetent because he went down so fast, remember that Bya nearly got his throat slit being caught off-guard by Ichigo. Also, we didn't actually see Kensei go down, we only saw him get stabbed then assumed he got defeated. People in Bleach continue fighting with wounds like Kensei received all the time. Could be that Kensei didn't have a chance to fight back because he started transforming into a hollow or started to fight but couldn't because of the transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small One
Unlikely... even if there was a cover-up story, Aizen should know the real one, since he was around at that time... and had access to all documents after he killed those leaders. And why should he lie to Ichigo&Co.? To protect Urahara?
I agree. Doesn't seem like Aizen would've gotten something like that wrong or covered it up.

Old 2008-05-15, 08:00   Link #27
naruto89

Spoiler for king pimp:

OH YES MUDASUCKER ALL HAIL KING PIMP SATAN TESSAI, will someone post an enlargened picture, so I can bask in all its glory, his pimp arm is strong, goodbye kensei.............. cant wait for full chapter!!!!!!

Spoiler for a clearer kensei pic:

Last edited by naruto89; 2008-05-15 at 08:54.
Old 2008-05-15, 08:04   Link #28
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Kensei's hollow form is...familiar (not comparing it to Ichigo's transformation here). I swear I've seen something like that in another story. Regardless, it's pretty awesome.
Dup from Claymore? His back is freaking similar at least.

Or did you remember Hulk by chance

Quote:
For everyone saying Kensei is incompetent because he went down so fast, remember that Bya nearly got his throat slit being caught off-guard by Ichigo. Also, we didn't actually see Kensei go down, we only saw him get stabbed then assumed he got defeated. People in Bleach continue fighting with wounds like Kensei received all the time. Could be that Kensei didn't have a chance to fight back because he started transforming into a hollow or started to fight but couldn't because of the transformation.
Or maybe the attacker made him transform with his attack. Sort of injecting hollow virus into him.

Remember Ichigo's training? May the attack awaken the hollow side of its victim. Now while we saw a monster here, inside, kensei is fighting his own hollow. The previous missing shinigamis are probably lost the fight against their hollow.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-05-15, 09:26   Link #29
9TailsOfDestruction
Taicho

Spoiler for Captains?:

Spoiler for Shinsui:

Last edited by 9TailsOfDestruction; 2008-05-15 at 11:55.
Old 2008-05-15, 10:20   Link #30
kagato3

From an other board those to go to the actual scene are:
Rose
Shinji
Love
Hachi
Lisa

So that places all the vizards and it seems only them at one place where at least one of them is under going hollowfacation.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-05-15, 12:57   Link #31
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Quote:

And again, kubo did put a little reality; I think that stabbing was better than a ''blocking attack'' and putting up a fight for few chapters.

Old 2008-05-15, 16:15   Link #32
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Quote:
* Continues from the last chapter, the meeting is held with every captain has attended except Urahara. Yamamoto explained about the situation regarding the disappearance of Kensei and Mashiro. He said this is the most dangerous situation to ever happened in Soul Society.

* Yamamoto was about to pick 5 captains to go the crime scene when Urahara finally arrives and asked Yamamoto to send him to the scene. But Yamamoto rejected his request, he yelled out that his Vice Captain is there. However, Yoruichi screamed at him saying Hiyori was picked by Urahara himself. So now something happened and Urahara is all shaking, it would be like he looked down at Hiyori. Her words quieten Urahara.

* Yamamoto ordered 3rd Division Captain, Otoribashi Rojuji (Rose’s real name); 5th Division Captain, Hirako Shinji; 7th Division Captain, Aikawa Love, to go to the scene. He then ordered Shunsui, Ukitake and Kuchiki Ginrei to protect Seireitei.

* Unohana was ordered to stand by in her division in case of emergency. Unohana protested that there might be injuries so she should go as well. Yamamoto said they don’t know the situation so the medic division should just stand by. He added that he already arranged someone to go instead. Yamamoto called out for that someone to enter the hall.

* The figures that entered the hall were of Tsukabashi Tessai, the head of the Kidou Corp. and Ushoda Hachigen, his Vice. Ukitake called out that he hasn’t seen Tessai show up for a while. Yamamoto ordered them to go immediately when Shunsui protested that since they do not know the situation at the scene, it is too dangerous for both Head and the Vice of Kidou Corp to go. Shunsui then said they should send his Vice Captain and he called out, “Risa Chaaaan”

* Risa immediately showed up at the window and Shunsui told her that she shouldn’t be eavesdropping on Captains meetings. She protested that its human instinct to want to know what is hidden from them. Shunsui asked if she heard what he said and she accepted. He asked if she could help them. She gave him a thumbs up and left.

* Yamamoto says that Shunsui just did what he wanted again but he gave an excuse that something this big doesn’t happen often, this is an opportunity for them to gain some experience. He then confirmed that Risa is capable. He then asked Tessei if it’s ok and he accepted before leaving the room.

So now the team consisted of 3 Captains, Hachigen and Yadoruma Risa.Urahara still looked very worried so Shunsui cheered him up that Hiyori-chan is good, although not as good as Risa.“So don’t make that worried face. To trust and wait is also a Captain’s job”. But Urahara couldn’t hide how worried he was.

* A scene cut to Hiyori who was now running away from something. ‘It’ attacked her but she managed to dodge although she now got a cut on her eyebrow. When its about to give Hiyori a final blow, something hit that figure and Hirako appeared between Hiyori and the figure. Hiyori called him but he yelled, “Are you stupid? Why don’t you use your sword?”.

* “Are you stupid? Who can use it?” She screamed back.Hirako was confused until he turned back to look at the figure. He was shock to see what was in front of him and all he could say was, “Kensei!!!?”

Credits : SpaceCat / Annie
Old 2008-05-15, 17:14   Link #33
tennis1690

so now the questions are:
1) just who stabbed kensei in the last chapter?
2) what the hell caused kenseii to tranform into a hollow?
3) is it possible that the stabbing (the ability of the zanpakuto) caused this transformation?

thanks
Old 2008-05-15, 17:15   Link #34
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Byakuya could've lost instantly to Ichigo, true. Hitseguya and Komamura lost almost instantly to Aizen. But neither of them lost their entire squad and became a threat to their comrades like Kensei has. I don't think he's incompetent myself but I'm not sure if Yamamoto is as forgiving. Remember, we as viewers know more of the extenuating circumstances than he will.

Kensei, through bad luck, turned out to be the man in charge when one of the worst disasters in SS history happened.Whoever stabbed Kensei, however, is almost certainly still around the scene. I'd love it if it turned out to be someone surprising (i.e, not Aizen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Remember Ichigo's training? May the attack awaken the hollow side of its victim. Now while we saw a monster here, inside, kensei is fighting his own hollow. The previous missing shinigamis are probably lost the fight against their hollow.
For all we know, Kensei might still win (if that's what's happening here). Remember, Ichigo was rampaging wild for over an hour till he won. Or it might be that whoever started Kensei's hollow transformation manipulated it so that the hollow has the upper hand.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-05-15 at 17:26.
Old 2008-05-15, 17:20   Link #35
Defiance
The Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1690 View Post
so now the questions are:
1) just who stabbed kensei in the last chapter?
2) what the hell caused kenseii to tranform into a hollow?
3) is it possible that the stabbing (the ability of the zanpakuto) caused this transformation?

thanks
Thats what i as thinking..maybe Aizen or some unknown person stabbed and infected him with a hallow?
Old 2008-05-15, 17:32   Link #36
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
If it's a Zanpakutou ability, then it's definitely not Aizen. That sort of power is more what one would expect from a Vasta Lorde or Arrancar release. Infesting shinigami or tearing souls does seem more the hollow side of business.

Shrugs............that is, if it's a power at all and not some virus/poison/technology.We'll know soon.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:10   Link #37
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Im guessing the the way they are turning into hollows when stabbed is similar to how it happened with ichigo like his soul sleep or chain being severd and then his inner hollow taking control as it did with ichigo when he trained with the vizards. Ichigo started showing his masks before probably because he wasnt completely a shinigami. Im guessing actual shinigami not being alive and all dont have a soul chain so it would skip directly to the hollow taking over.
Old 2008-05-15, 18:27   Link #38
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Interesting. I thought the person who attacked Kensei was someone under hollowification but now it looks like it's Kensei who's the one under it. Interesting...
Old 2008-05-15, 20:30   Link #39
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
For all we know, Kensei might still win (if that's what's happening here). Remember, Ichigo was rampaging wild for over an hour till he won. Or it might be that whoever started Kensei's hollow transformation manipulated it so that the hollow has the upper hand.
Regarding this, one thing that I hope is explained in the near future is the distinction between the shinigami and the hollow in the vaizard. As we all know the Vaizard are all Captains and Vice-Captains, could it be that when they were in Soul Society these specific shinigami perhaps were more in contact than other shinigami with their inner hollows and it only took one simple thing to initiate the transformation into a hollow, like we're seeing right now with Kensei or like you said maybe whoever stabbed him did interfere with the inner battle in order to ensure that the hollow would prevail.

Last edited by Monkey D. Luffy; 2008-05-15 at 20:49.
Old 2008-05-15, 22:30   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
Kensei or like you said maybe whoever stabbed him did interfere with the inner battle in order to ensure that the hollow would prevail.
If it's the case here that Kensei and the others get changed into hollows unable to return to shinigami form, then the theories posted earlier about Urahara developing the hogyoku in order to change them back into shinigami could end up being correct.

Closed Thread