AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-05-14, 06:55   Link #61
PinkMed

My 10 best recent anime list:

1. Death Note: I dont ever think there will be an anime that will exite me as much as this one. Simply a masterpiece!
2. One Outs: magnificent, brilliant even though baseball related I love it. (still watching)
3. Skip Beat: I couldnt get my eyes off the screen with that one and really funny!
4. Kaiji: Best gambler ever ^^
5. Ouran High school host club
6. Junjo Romantica: Despite his genre that one a has huge fan club!
7. Saiunkoku Monogatari
8. Vampire Knight
9. Nabari no ou: currently watching it (I cant believe why I havent picked it up earlier!)
10. Itazura na Kiss: cute and funny hard to resist this one

^^
PinkMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 07:40   Link #62
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

This list is more or less just an expanded version of my Top 5, but here goes.

10) Lucky Star - Always entertaining and just seems to get better with every re-watch.

9) Shuffle! - For a harem series it's really pretty damn good. And it has Asa. Do I need any better reason than Asa to have this series on my list?

8) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - It's Evangelion done right, and by that I mean instead of Shinji and a cast of emotionally broken unlikable idiots we have manly badasses who surpass the impossible and kick reason to the curb. Who the hell do you think we are?!

7) Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - It's hard to deny the artistry of this amazing adaptation of Alexadre Dumas' classic novel about revenge. The Count himself is one of the most unique characters I've ever seen in an anime series.

6) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - On the surface it may seem like a nonsensical high school life story, but oh is there so much more to it than that.

5) Toradora! - Some of the best storytelling seen in an anime in this decade combined with some great character development. One of the best romance anime of all time IMO.

4) Fullmetal Alchemist - It may not be the same story as the manga, it is nonetheless epic in its telling, animation and music.

3) Clannad / Clannad ~After Story~ - A series with a message anyone can resonate with and characters who feel more human than you're likely to see in 99% of anime out there.

2) Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - Hands down the finest OVA series ever produced with one of the most beautiful and tragic character stories ever created.

1) Mushishi - In all honesty, the word "perfection" comes to my mind when I think of this series. Gorgeous visuals, a sublime soundtrack, gripping stories and one of the most iconic central characters in all of anime.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:04   Link #63
Autumn Demon
~

All of these series started airing in 2008 except for maria holic which is the only 2009 anime i've seen so far.

1.) Allison to Lillia
2.) Ookami to Koushinryou
3.) Vampire Knight
4.) Kimi ga aruji de shitsuji ga ore de
5.) Toradora
6.) Yakushiji Ryouko no kaiki jikenbo
7.) Mnemosyne
8.) Shigofumi
9.) Hyakko
10.) Maria Holic

I like 15 anime shows from 2005, 22 from 2006, 18 from 2007, and 16 from 2008. Those years are when the series started airing, not finished.
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:26   Link #64
violentv

zomg... I dont see skip beat on any of the lists here lol

1)Kara no Kyokai
2)Clannad
3)Fate/ stay night
4)Ef -a Tale of memories
5)Gundam 00
6)Code Geass(season 1 and R2)
7)Seto no Hanayome
8)Toradora
9) Skip Beat
10)The melancholy of suzumiya haruhi
violentv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:42   Link #65
patnam

Curently anime:

Toradora
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
Gundam 00
Tayutama ~kiss on my Deity~
Valkyria Chronicles
K-ON!
Code Geass R2
Tears To Tiara
Ef (Both seasons)
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 19:24   Link #66
Issac
Spiral Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Issac
Like the trend, in no order:

1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Honey & Clover II (Just as good as the first IMO. Also, made me cry.)
4. Soul Eater
5. Clannad (Cried.)
6. Toradora! (More crying. Was happy when I did, though.)

I actually can't complete this list without going further back than 2006. I really need to watch some more recent stuff. :3
I mostly go by what all of you are talking about.
Issac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 20:12   Link #67
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Ok here we go!

Spice and Wolf: Almost immediately I really liked the two main characters and the setting is very unique, cant wait for more of this great show!

Toradora: This was an excellent series and it was so refreshing! Again the main characters were very likable.

Code Geass: This show actually kinda caught me off guard, I had heard so much about it being good but I didn’t really know what to expect going in. So I finally watched it and from the moment Lelouch first uses his powers I was very interested to see where the rest of the series would go.

Higurashi no naku koro ni: This...this isn’t a show, it’s an experience, a freaky, disorienting and oftentimes nightmarish trip. I LOVE this show, it was so different from anything else I had seen, excellent concept, great characters and a truly chilling sense of horror.

Seirei no Moribito: This is one of the most finely crafted works of animation I’ve ever seen. The person at the top of this page already explained how awesome it is, seriously watch this series now.

Princess Resurrection: Not every show is a masterpiece some are just average, such is the case with this series, but I had enough fun with it to put it on this list. It was pretty entertaining from start to finish, I just consider it average because nothing really stood out. The story and characters aren’t bad but they aren’t amazing either. Of course there are a few exceptions, Hime is a pretty cool and likable main character and some of the other characters aren’t too bad either.

Mushishi: This show has been mentioned a lot so I don’t know what else I can add, awesome show.

Zero no Tsukaima: This was another really fun show, like Princess Ressurrection. The story isn’t great but it’s decent and the characters are entertaining. The concept is petty goofy but in a good way.

Kure-nai: I love everything about this show...except the ending. Everything was gold up until the last couple episodes, I HATE the ending. That’s a strong word to use but seriously...I hate it.

Valkyria Chronicles: I love the game already so it wasn’t hard for me to really enjoy the anime so far.
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 02:59   Link #68
PinkMed

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
zomg... I dont see skip beat on any of the lists here lol
hey I have it on my list!!!! scroll up
I believe is one of those anime that ppl havent discover it yet!

PinkMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 04:12   Link #69
reverse

so this list from 2006 to date
my list first list not right yet

their maybe some anime that I forget to list

Last edited by reverse; 2009-05-18 at 11:47. Reason: on hold
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 05:28   Link #70
X10A_Freedom

Here are my Top 5, because I'm rather picky and would rather not fill up all 10 spots for the sake of it.

1. Aria The Origination: With its high production values and the excellent source material, the genre of "Slice of life" is taken to a whole new level. The anime's re-creation of the Mangaka's world is phenomenal. It was very moving, positive and dare I say magical? My favourate anime series to date. However, this is a "love it or hate it" series and should be watched in the order of Aria the Animation, Natural, Arietta (OVA), then Origination to grasp the context.

2. Macross Frontier: The main character may be on the weak side but the mecha sequences are by far the best I've seen, and without the "Dragonball syndrome" of mecha power-ups. The depiction of zero gravity combat is exceptionally well done. The vocal score which is played throughout the series is also excellent and left a lasting impact.

3. Nodame Cantabile: Very good love comedy interaction between the two main leads. The classical music which we are treated to is a joy to listen. Very well put together.

4. Code Geass (1st Series Only): There is no other series just like this. One could say Geass is Death Note-esque with the amount of foresight used but this is not a totally accurate description. The rollercoaster ride of plot twists, revelations, put together with an excellent protagonist and mecha action produces a trainwreck...which somehow works perfectly! I daresay Code Geass broke the rules because its sloppiness, the cheesiness, the predictable moments all contributed in making this series such an exciting and great experience. Unfortunately, the sequel R2 felt genuinely sloppy in my opinion.

5. School Rumble 2: This sits squarely in the love-comedy genre and does an excellent job at it. The constant resets annoy some people though (not me) and I've yet to get so much laughter out of any other anime series. Would be even better if the Mangaka didn't trainwreck the ultimate ending of this franchise.
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 08:35   Link #71
Amray

Lucky Star
Death Note
Hellsing Ultimate
Code Geass
Code Geass R2
Sketchbook ~Full Color's
Black Blood Brothers
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

These have been the more recent anime series' which have attracted me.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 09:55   Link #72
Shinmaru

Send a message via AIM to Shinmaru Send a message via MSN to Shinmaru Send a message via Yahoo to Shinmaru
Eureka Seven (a legit top-three show for me -- the second half is seriously epic and had me on the edge of my seat with every episode)
Clannad/After Story (mainly for After Story, which really captures what it means to be a part of a family)
Honey and Clover/II (best romantic comedy I have seen in any medium)
Toradora! (... and this is close behind)
Ouran High School Host Club (I just laughed a hell of a lot while watching this)
ef - a tale of memories (love the story, and I love the style in which it's told)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (love the action and the good, exciting story)
Gurren Lagann (just ridiculous, epic fun)
ef - a tale of melodies (not quite as good as the first series, but it gets close)
Code Geass (I re-watched this recently and was surprised at how well it holds up)

Honorable mentions: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Minami-ke, Shugo Chara! and Baccano!
Shinmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 10:50   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

1.Soul Eater just owns in every way
2.One Piece best chapters ever coming up in episodes
3.Bleach same as above, although I expect it to turn awful in a few months
4.Toradora! pretty standard, it was fun to watch
5.Fullmetal Alchemist:brotherhood gotta love a good recap
6.Gurren Lagann you just can't miss it
7.Code GEASS intriguing plot, amazing characters with a heavy dose of action
8.Cowboy Bebop it's a classic
9.Casshern SINS the remake was very nice,it's deeper than most anime
10.Bounen no Xam'd felt easy to watch, left a good aftertaste

Not all of them are recent but some are just too good to leave out.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 11:37   Link #74
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Ok, 2006 and onward, so be it!

10. Seirei no Moribito
09. Spice and Wolf
08. Moyashimon
07. Detroit Metal City
06. Black Lagoon
05. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
04. Baccano
03. Clannad S1 + After Story.
02. Aria The Natural + The Origination. Never I would believe that the tales of Martian gondoliers would do it so much for me.
01. Kara no Kyoukai. Finally, the Curse had been undone.

Honorable mentions: Higurashi S1 and Kai, Gurenn Lagann, Kannagi, Lucky*Star and Macross Frontier.

Judgement on hold because it can be made or broken: Eden of the East, Guin Saga and K-On!.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 14:36   Link #75
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

10 Steps to Define Good Taste

Also in no order

1. OverDrive, Without a doubt the most underrated and under viewed in years.

2. Ookiku Furikabutte, This is a bit slow for people who don't love Baseball, But it is extremely well done and fine toned with very little over top shounen aspect to it.

3. Baccano. Who couldn't love this

4. Code Geass. When the lines between quality, and just complete entertainment blend together. It wasn't always sound but it was never not enjoyable.

5. Gurren Lagann. Manly passion

6. Black Lagoon. if you are an 80's Action Movie fan, This is for you, that hard on you never been able to satisfy since the PG13-zation of them. Now you can.

7. Ouran High School Host. Men turning into Fangirls.
Old 2009-05-17, 15:43   Link #76
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
1. Code Geass + Code Geass R2 (Standing against what everyone on the internet seems to be saying about it's second season, I would say there was no other experience as exciting as watching it that I can remember in the past few years and it was one of the only shows I would seek out RAW if I could)
2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (This one sort of caught me off guard. I knew I would enjoy it as a mecha anime, but I didn't know it was going to push it to the limite quite like it did)
3. Welcome To The NHK (Another surprise that with it's consistent black comedy managed to make me aware of the NEET problem and make me laugh)
4. Casshern Sins (A fusion of classic anime storytelling with a hint of newer ones and a mixture of styles that make for an incredibly engrossing series)
5. Higurashi + Kai (Mystery + solid character development + a dash of fanservice here and there made this one a favourite)
6. Kotetsushin Jeeg (Good old fashioned hot blooded super robot fun and solid pacing)
7. Gundam 00 + Second Season (Again contrary to people's tendency to knock on second seasons I though this show held it's own like Code Geass and kept me engrossed throughout. That's one of the few things I ask for when it comes to my anime.)
8. Detroit Metal City (Funniest anime to come along in a while)
9. Zegapain (The perfect example of a show that started slow but turned into something great.)
10. Eden of The East (Still airing, but so far it's the best anime I've seen and 2009 and thus I am seeding it until it gets knocked off)
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 10:43   Link #77
Flash Gordon
I make anime funky

Send a message via AIM to Flash Gordon Send a message via MSN to Flash Gordon
In no particular order:

Eden of the East
RideBack
Baccano (Where the hell was I when this was released!?)
Kurenai
Clannad (Any anime that can bring me that close to tears is okay in my book)
Ga-Rei Zero
5 Centimeters per Second
Shigofumi
Kara no Kyoukai
Kaiba
Flash Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 14:47   Link #78
Stealther

Did the same on AniDB to find a list of shows covering the period you mention in the first post.

Top10 of shows that ended airing 01/01/2006 - 2009 in alphabetical order:
Aria - Feel-good-slice-of-life at its top. Better than all these light novel adaptions that is swarming today's selection. This has a true sincerity in its tone.

Bokura ga Ita - One of the best romances ever, with pure focus on the relationsships. Although young characters it delivers introspection of seldom achieved quality.

Code Geass
- Action and speed of plot moving at high speed most of the time. Surely it isn't flawless considering the plot and the number of alternate paths it could have taken, but it has a broad spectrum of components and highlight moments, providing entertainmnt to a wide target-audience.

Death Note - Suspenseful and intelligent plottwists. Sure it is worse after a certain incident, but it is still good enough to earn a spot among the most entertaining anime in last years.

Kaiba - Not entirely original, and conclusion can be discussed, but it is still more interesting than most other shows you can find. Enchanting music and good direction of this piece. A feast for the imagination. True is it that you need to have watched at least 100+ animes in order to appreciate this though.

Honey and Clover - Best comedy-pondering-drama-slice-of-life. This is a true masterpiece. Might need to be a bit older and reached university in order to fully appreciate it, but this contains true depth.

Mushishi - Each episode contains a story better than most than whole animes. Beautiful visually, auditory and for the mind.

NHK ni Youkoso! - One funny anime, with actual substance.

Nodame Cantabile - Best couple of main characters in a very long while, who basically make the show alone. Funny and charming.

Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - Without competition best anime movie in recent years, actually one of the best ever. Charming, funny, dramatic, thought-while.

Close contenders:
Baccano!
Dennou Coil
Ghost Hound
Kemonozume
Noein

Some other good titles but lack the little extra that makes them best:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Bartender
Seirei no Moribito
True Tears
Victorian Romance Emma
Oh! Edo Rocket
Romeo x Juliet
Terra e...
Nana
Mai-Otome
Gunbuster 2
Yomigaeru Sora -Rescue Wings-
Tokyo Marble Chocolate
Kanon

...and many more...

Oh and yeah, comments are welcome if you feel like it .
Stealther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 15:15   Link #79
Thingle
Banned

RideBack - strong heroine
Ergo Proxy - Interesting plot, creative
Paranoia Agent - psychological
Shigurui - A good example of "restrained action"
Mouryou no Hako - cerebral but unfinished (subs)
Texhnolyze - Very good atmosphere. A dystopian masterpiece (I know this was back in 2003, but it really deserves)
Nana- slice of life
Genius Party - Very diverse, plot wise
Kara no Kyoukai - 'nuff said

-----
Honorable mention

Kurenai
Karas
5 cm per second
The place promised in our early days
marimite
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 01:31   Link #80