Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-02, 10:10   Link #2501
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
One Piece. It's just so awful. So, so awful.
But One Piece is great Care to share why you find it awful though?
Old 2013-08-02, 22:52   Link #2502
El Guapo
Dave's not here, man

I'm sort of jumping into a very long thread that I've only skimmed, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, and I suspect this might make some people angry, but honestly, I don't care for Bleach.

I don't hate it exactly, I just don't understand why it's so popular. I tried very hard to get into it because a couple of my friends were into it, and I managed to make a fair amount of headway, until I decided that i just didn't even remotely care. The characters have no emotional motivations at all; every story arc is just about somebody adding powers to their sword or some sort of bizarre political intrigue within the Soul Society or whatever. I can certainly get into some mindless battle anime every now and again, but I feel like something with no substance whatsoever shouldn't be longer than a single movie or maybe like a single 12 episode series. 26 would be pushing it. I've never been able to understand how people can sit and watch a show like this for 300 and whatever episodes; it's basically DragonBall Z except the story is less engaging, the animation is better (or at least newer), and it's about 100 episodes longer.

Also, I agree with whoever posted above that One Piece is awful. To be fair, though, my view on that show is based on my watching one episode of it back in 2007 and feeling as if I wanted the last 30 mins of my life back. However, since I have technically only ever sat and watched one episode of it, I feel as if I could be talked into giving it another chance if someone made a compelling argument as to why I should. I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with One Piece, and a lot of other people like it as well, and there has to be some reason for it. However, the premise seems stupid to me and I have always found the art and the character design to be just absolutely hideous.
Old 2013-08-03, 03:27   Link #2503
mols

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
I'm sort of jumping into a very long thread that I've only skimmed, so I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, and I suspect this might make some people angry, but honestly, I don't care for Bleach.

I don't hate it exactly, I just don't understand why it's so popular. I tried very hard to get into it because a couple of my friends were into it, and I managed to make a fair amount of headway, until I decided that i just didn't even remotely care. The characters have no emotional motivations at all; every story arc is just about somebody adding powers to their sword or some sort of bizarre political intrigue within the Soul Society or whatever. I can certainly get into some mindless battle anime every now and again, but I feel like something with no substance whatsoever shouldn't be longer than a single movie or maybe like a single 12 episode series. 26 would be pushing it. I've never been able to understand how people can sit and watch a show like this for 300 and whatever episodes; it's basically DragonBall Z except the story is less engaging, the animation is better (or at least newer), and it's about 100 episodes longer.

Also, I agree with whoever posted above that One Piece is awful. To be fair, though, my view on that show is based on my watching one episode of it back in 2007 and feeling as if I wanted the last 30 mins of my life back. However, since I have technically only ever sat and watched one episode of it, I feel as if I could be talked into giving it another chance if someone made a compelling argument as to why I should. I have a friend who is absolutely obsessed with One Piece, and a lot of other people like it as well, and there has to be some reason for it. However, the premise seems stupid to me and I have always found the art and the character design to be just absolutely hideous.

I feel the same about Bleach, I watched until they went to Soul society. And I read much more of the manga, but in both cases I felt Bleach was funny and interesting until the point Soul Society is introduced.

One piece is funny, but I have only read the manga.
Old 2013-08-03, 05:51   Link #2504
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
But One Piece is great Care to share why you find it awful though?
Well this IS a thread for venting about disliking popular shows, he isn't exactly entitled to explaining why he doesn't like it... Admittedly I too got into a rather lengthy argument with someone about One Piece here once, but that was less a case of "Someone insulting one of my favorite shows" and more "Someone making tons of baseless and objectively incorect accusations about one of my favorite shows in a manner that made it clear that said someone can't have ever given the show much of a chance to begin with."

...That said, nowadays I have started developing a pretty intense disliking of the anime. Mainly because Toei keeps being so utterly dirt-cheap, ruining pretty much every cool moment from the manga, and their utter refusal to ever do filler-arcs resulting in them being forced to do the series at a one chapter = one episode pace... which is working out absolutely terribly these days, not at all helped by how extremely lazy their attempts at filling out time are.
Oh, and the fanservice. Dammit Toei, when the Straw Hats are in the middle of a gigantic epic battle to free an entire kingdom, blowing the entire episode's budget on a lovingly animated shot of Nami's boobs is not what you should be doing!
Old 2013-08-03, 13:54   Link #2505
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't like Attack on Titan. I tried getting into it but found myself bored and rooting for the giant zombies.

*hides from flames
Old 2013-08-03, 13:57   Link #2506
chaos999

I know people will think that I'm weird but I didn't like Bakemonogatari.Not that I think its bad or anything but I just didn't enjoy it that much.
Old 2013-08-03, 14:01   Link #2507
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos999 View Post
I know people will think that I'm weird but I didn't like Bakemonogatari.Not that I think its bad or anything but I just didn't enjoy it that much.
You're not weird. I posted that I didn't like it either.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:48   Link #2508
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I don't like Attack on Titan. I tried getting into it but found myself bored and rooting for the giant zombies.

*hides from flames
I initially skipped it when it had first aired. For whatever reason the idea just didn't appeal to me. I didn't get the feeling that I would find it very enjoyable.

At this point I shouldn't be surprised, but having started the series I can safely claim to have made the right call. It has bouts of interesting content, but for the most part I've found it to be very lacking in many respects. It's only in these last three episodes that things have finally become consistently entertaining.

And I believe I also mentioned this before I went camping this last week, but I too don't enjoy Bakemonogatari. Yet again I unsurprisingly agree with DG Diddy on both counts.
Old 2013-08-04, 03:58   Link #2509
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

For me a simple dislike(due to my preference). I hate anime with huge ass fillers such as Gintama, OP, Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail etc.....

I mean come on, if you wanna animate something, STICK TO WHATEVER YOU'RE ADAPTING FROM AND DON'T THROW IN RUBBISH IN BETWEEN(especially if they fillers takes up like more than 30% of the episodes count).

I for one, watches anime for story and hate finding out which episode or whatnot are fillers and skip them.

So many anime have been thrown out...I don't see a point for fillers at all.
Old 2013-08-04, 08:32   Link #2510
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

OP actually hardly has any fillers relative to non-filler episodes. It just moves slow at times to keep from catching up to the manga.

I'm not sure on Gintama but since it's mostly an episodal series without much plot (aside from story arcs thrown in between) what filler it does have doesn't exactly affect the narrative. Also a similar case to OP, the fillers that were added were there to keep from catching up to the manga too quickly. This is why Gintama has gone on hiatus multiple times, so they really do try to limit the filler. They wouldn't go on hiatus if they planned on making a large number of filler episodes. And keep in mind, just because an episode doesn't have a story, that doesn't make it filler. Not all anime have a plot/story to begin with.

Naruto/Bleach/FT...Yeah lot of fillers.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:05   Link #2511
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
OP actually hardly has any fillers relative to non-filler episodes. It just moves slow at times to keep from catching up to the manga.

I'm not sure on Gintama but since it's mostly an episodal series without much plot (aside from story arcs thrown in between) what filler it does have doesn't exactly affect the narrative. Also a similar case to OP, the fillers that were added were there to keep from catching up to the manga too quickly. This is why Gintama has gone on hiatus multiple times, so they really do try to limit the filler. They wouldn't go on hiatus if they planned on making a large number of filler episodes. And keep in mind, just because an episode doesn't have a story, that doesn't make it filler. Not all anime have a plot/story to begin with.

Naruto/Bleach/FT...Yeah lot of fillers.
Still....I hate something that makes you go off plot more than 1/2 the time. -_-

I maybe the only person though, after watching so many anime, NONE of them are anime with fillers. ._.

S1 of OP was good(watched it when I was a kid), then S2 onward it started to go bad :/
Old 2013-08-04, 09:20   Link #2512
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

It's only filler if it's something not adapted from the source, that's all I'm saying. A lot of the episodes you think are filler probably are not. Of course, that doesn't stop you from disliking it, but I digress.
Old 2013-08-04, 09:58   Link #2513
Kreceir

I just can't watch Accel World just cause of one reason, Arita Haruyuki.

I mean, the way he's short and the way his eyes is shaped.
If you compared him to the other characters it just feels weird to me.

Every time he interacts with someone, I just can't help but compare how they are designed so differently, making me somewhat feel disturbed.

Don't misunderstand, I don't really care if the main characters is a bit plumpy, or fat.
But the way he looks... It made me feel pissed off somewhat.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:44   Link #2514
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I just can't watch Accel World just cause of one reason, Arita Haruyuki.

I mean, the way he's short and the way his eyes is shaped.
If you compared him to the other characters it just feels weird to me.

Every time he interacts with someone, I just can't help but compare how they are designed so differently, making me somewhat feel disturbed.

Don't misunderstand, I don't really care if the main characters is a bit plumpy, or fat.
But the way he looks... It made me feel pissed off somewhat.
Lol you're like majority of those who hate Accel World - cos of how weird the MC is(short and fat).

But oh well, I ain't have any rights to say you can't hate it. People have different taste and preference after all.

But one thing: If you actually focus on the story, you'll know the reason why the author created him that way. It's unconventional I agree, but something reasonable.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:50   Link #2515
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Lol you're like majority of those who hate Accel World - cos of how weird the MC is(short and fat).

But oh well, I ain't have any rights to say you can't hate it. People have different taste and preference after all.

But one thing: If you actually focus on the story, you'll know the reason why the author created him that way. It's unconventional I agree, but something reasonable.
I am in the majority? To be honest, I did not expect it.
Everyone that I know that watches Anime, likes it.

I wouldn't say that I ''Hate'' the MC, But I won't deny on how weirdly shaped his figure is stopped me from finishing this Anime.
Old 2013-08-04, 10:52   Link #2516
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

This thread is like slapping faces to many fans
Old 2013-08-04, 10:59   Link #2517
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
I am in the majority? To be honest, I did not expect it.
Everyone that I know that watches Anime, likes it.

I wouldn't say that I ''Hate'' the MC, But I won't deny on how weirdly shaped his figure is stopped me from finishing this Anime.
Yea. The majority haters hate how the MC isn't your typical MC. Which I find it weird why they watch anime in the first place if they have so many stereotypes as to how MC should be like etc....

Of course not saying your dislike is wrong or what but it would be nice if people can just come to understand why is the MC created that way.
Old 2013-08-04, 11:47   Link #2518
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I initially skipped it when it had first aired. For whatever reason the idea just didn't appeal to me. I didn't get the feeling that I would find it very enjoyable.

At this point I shouldn't be surprised, but having started the series I can safely claim to have made the right call. It has bouts of interesting content, but for the most part I've found it to be very lacking in many respects. It's only in these last three episodes that things have finally become consistently entertaining.

And I believe I also mentioned this before I went camping this last week, but I too don't enjoy Bakemonogatari. Yet again I unsurprisingly agree with DG Diddy on both counts.
Great minds think alike

As for the fillers in shonen, I've only watched some of One Piece and Gintama so I can't really say too much....but I know a lot of Bleach's problem when it came to the anime was that the anime caught up to the canon material quickly so Pierrot needed to kill time.

Which pretty much killed Bleach the anime anyway.
Old 2013-08-04, 15:20   Link #2519
Tenzen12

Little Busters: I droped it in moment I realised all girls are going fall for incredible boring shota when there were three other great guys who were superior in every single aspect

Why I should watch harem with stupid and blind girls?
Old 2013-08-04, 15:46   Link #2520
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Little Busters: I droped it in moment I realised all girls are going fall for incredible boring shota when there were three other great guys who were superior in every single aspect

Why I should watch harem with stupid and blind girls?
You missed out a lot of the stories then.

KEY VNs are not harem based. Just in case you don't realise it.

One of the reason why KEY is so good is cause their VN adapted into anime or their VNs alone have great stories.
Closed Thread