5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 7.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 10.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-01, 10:58   Link #41
Subaru-san

Overall this episode was good. There does have to be some episodes where they have to just focus on dialogue instead of a weekly fight. Though amongst the dialogue there were a few nuances, for example parts of what Chiyo was talking about the Bijuu she had already explained before, but they seemed to have to repeat the same thing, Sakura playing dumb like she does on occasions. Though there is a lot of what the old lady explains that was of merit and needed to be clarified so it wasnt a waste of time.

The animation still bothers me though, it isnt really bad, but on average Part 1 did have better animation and wasnt so choppy / faded colours. I'm not just comparing this to the whole average of part 1, you can check out the first 16 of part 1 to compare.

As a conclusion this episode was good, despite some annoyances. Though, if the name of the next episode is true its gotta be the biggest spoiler of any anime episode previews i've seen. Could have possibly been a publicity stunt to gain some extra viewers, though who knows...
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:42   Link #42
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Temari in an onsen

Thats pretty much the highlight of the episode for me =_=

And it doesn't help that I've watch Seirei no Moribito first then Naruto >__<

Next time, need to remember its should be the other way around >_< .. At least I can recover some sanity after watching those horrendous drawing.. Hey Shinchan is drawn badly, but I can atleast enjoyed 90% of the episode's time >.>

The sand filler could be good... then they go stupid again when Kankurou stands up for Gaara and gave out his reason at the end .. WTF is that reasoning You are not trying to reason with some kid on the rod

Refraining from commenting the title preview >_< .. At least the art is better ...

I learn a good lesson today.. Watch SnM AFTER Naruto.. it helps the eyes >,<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:59   Link #43
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
The sand filler could be good... then they go stupid again when Kankurou stands up for Gaara and gave out his reason at the end .. WTF is that reasoning You are not trying to reason with some kid on the rod
I got the impression that he was giving up at that point. He realized that he couldn't put forth a convincing argument when even the old sage agreed that Gaara was a liability. Mentioning that Gaara is his little brother was his way of apologizing for and justifying his insistence that they save him.
Old 2007-06-01, 15:30   Link #44
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Hmmm, I guess it is time for me to face facts. This aint the series it used to be...

I wish I had my old job back so I could just read the manga all day. *Sighs at responsibilities*
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 16:32   Link #45
digitalmaster287

If the next episodes title holds true, then its prolly the biggest episode title spoiler Ive seen since ep 25 of Death Note
digitalmaster287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 16:35   Link #46
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmaster287 View Post
If the next episodes title holds true, then its prolly the biggest episode title spoiler Ive seen since ep 25 of Death Note
Haha, indeed.
Too much spoilering in the Title is no good.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 20:20   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To me mostly this episode dealt about politics.

Spoiler:

I just don't understand what Team Temari is trying to accomplish. Do we really need shots and time invested upon Team Temari who are doing nothing particularly interesting for the plot?

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 21:20   Link #48
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I just don't understand what Team Temari is trying to accomplish. Do we really need shots and time invested upon Team Temari who are doing nothing particularly interesting for the plot?
As much as I love Temari, I have to agree. But I believe the reason is to show more of Matsuri. The girl from the last filler arc who the anime team really seems to like. She was part of the preview next week. I hope we don't see too much of them though since there is really nothing for them to do.
Old 2007-06-01, 23:04   Link #49
tkdtiger

I liked this one...as for the animation...I don't know at times it seems worse than before timeskip, but at other times there are parts that are drawn better...Personally I don't mind the animation style for the most part...it's just a few sections that I think could be better...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 00:32   Link #50
ReinhartX

did any1 notice when zetsu came out from the ground to eat tat dead person body the moon behind him was also half dark and half lighted ? =D
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 03:48   Link #51
Ziv

Is it just me or was the other female ninja in Temari's group voiced by the same person that played Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club?
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:05   Link #52
Vicious108

The only good thing this episode was Temari with her hair down.

But I still dont wanna see her and her team guard a completely filler irrelevant place, wtf is that.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:42   Link #53
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Is it just me or was the other female ninja in Temari's group voiced by the same person that played Haruhi in Ouran High School Host Club?
Same person. Matsuri is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto who also does Lunamaria Hawke in Gundam SEED Destiny.
Old 2007-06-02, 11:05   Link #54
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru-san View Post
Overall this episode was good. There does have to be some episodes where they have to just focus on dialogue instead of a weekly fight. Though amongst the dialogue there were a few nuances, for example parts of what Chiyo was talking about the Bijuu she had already explained before, but they seemed to have to repeat the same thing, Sakura playing dumb like she does on occasions. Though there is a lot of what the old lady explains that was of merit and needed to be clarified so it wasnt a waste of time.
I agree that sometimes it is needed to add episodes with more dialogue between characters. In particular, the Bijuu talk was important in the sense that it completely discards an scenario where Naruto can dispose of the Kyuubi without loosing his life, and also because it shows some important changes in Sakura's personality: now she truly cares about what happens to him and cries because of his hardships. In my opinion that adds a lot more to the story, and makes it more interesting.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 14:49   Link #55
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Damn never realized how ugly Kankuro is..."Make-up Stat!!" ^^

Meh, average episode...Some interesting themes but overall just another "move-along" ep...The Bijuu Back-story on the Sand was nice but devoting what seemed like 10 minutes to a political meeting watching Kankuro go Jack Bauer on a village-leader was a bit too much...Gotta love the intro and outro's though , I usually enjoy them more than the episode...Naruto has done nothing new in-ability or attitude (Bigger Rasengan was lame and didn't look new to me)..Same ole' "Count on me Sakura (Dry Smile-Thumbs Up), I won't give-up and I'll save my friend"- crap we've seen a million times before (Followed by Naruto's lack of patience--AS ALWAYS)...Naruto's growth is that of a turtle and I do agree with posters who contend that the first 15 eps is enuff to fairly judge the direction of a series (Or generally get a feel of)...Now I won't give up because I know when the BIG FIGHTS begin they'll be good enuff to waste 22 mins of my life watching, but a new veiwer could get frustrated by this pace and presentation...As for next episode, I'll see you in 2 weeks when the "next episode" really begins..
Old 2007-06-02, 19:16   Link #56
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Damn never realized how ugly Kankuro is..."Make-up Stat!!" ^^
He ain't ugly, the animators just drew him really shitty in this episode. XD
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 20:51   Link #57
itachi29al

8/10
All in all not the best i have seen. This is first time i have really notice the pacing suffering.The rest of the series seemed about right. Next episode looks promising.
itachi29al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 00:38   Link #58
tacobueno

For a show as popular as this it looks extremely low budget. I saw a .gif animation that made the fight between Itachi and them look decent, so I decided to check this out but I was unsurprisingly disappointed.
tacobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 07:05   Link #59
othafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
To me mostly this episode dealt about politics.

Spoiler:

Without offering spoilers, I can tell your confusion will eventually be alleviated.

I didn't really care for the episode, but thats just because (like someone else already said) the manga chapter wasn't very exciting either.

Also, to anyone who was comparing the quality of this to the first 16 eps in the original, you have to realize that the original (even in the manga) got things rolling much faster than shippuden did. We actually haven't even seen the first major fight of shippuden yet; all the fights we've seen had most if not all of them skipped over in the manga from "I'm gonna fight you" to "Finishing blow". I can't wait for the serious fights to start, and we get to see them relatively soon, so I'm psyched.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 10:28   Link #60
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
@ ShikaShika .. ossoi!!!! >_<
Gomenne... good news is I broke my bowling record though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by othafa View Post
Also, to anyone who was comparing the quality of this to the first 16 eps in the original, you have to realize that the original (even in the manga) got things rolling much faster than shippuden did.
While that may be true, the anime team didn't help any by setting the pace at half that of part 1 in terms of animated chapters.

Last edited by ShikaShika; 2007-06-04 at 10:43.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote