AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 01:28   Link #861
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's all the same arc, just different locations.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 02:19   Link #862
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

They're going back to Gally-La in the current ep so it's obviously still Water 7...

Anyways, was freeze-dude in-charge of the entire Water 7 area? (Of the Marines that is)...Isn't he gonna have to answer for the destructon of Ennis Lobby?? Seemed to me learning of Lucci and Spandam's failure barely moved him...
Old 2007-06-13, 02:40   Link #863
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Anyways, was freeze-dude in-charge of the entire Water 7 area? (Of the Marines that is)...Isn't he gonna have to answer for the destructon of Ennis Lobby?? Seemed to me learning of Lucci and Spandam's failure barely moved him...
There is no specific one in charge of the Water 7 area. He is just the one who gave the permission for the buster call, with definitely approvable reasons (Pirates are destroying Enies Lobby is a good enough reason). That approval was also given earlier than the arrival of the Strawhats at Enies Lobby, so even if he can be considered as responsible for the attack, he is not actually responsible for the failure (who could have guessed a small pirate crew would live through a buster call, the attack just went beyond their expectations).

For him being there: if he is around the main base (just like those marine ships joining the buster call), he should have heard the buster call, and he might have decided to go there to see how it goes (maybe he wanted to protect Nico Robin if necessary).

And, no need to worry about his response to the weaklings' failure. In one way, you can consider his response to the opposite side's success as a response to the observed failure of the marines.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 04:20   Link #864
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

İn my opinion we can discuss everything thats gonna happen from Water Seven to Thriller Bark.Many things will happen between these arcs and theyre more like surprise acts rather than an arc..so we can keep this going...then one day move to a Thriller Bark topic
RRavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 20:31   Link #865
Slayerx

RRavage, you are not supposed to mention anything from the manga in anime threads, not even in spoiler tags... not to mention we can't be sure where the manga will move to after water7 is wrapped up... considering how close the two are, it's VERY likly that we are gonna go into a long session of fillers... possibly as much as a season's worth, if not more
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 02:13   Link #866
Chuixupu
Shikachu

As the moderators have clearly stated, this thread is for discussing the anime only and anyone who reads the manga is required to post as if they didn't know what was going to happen either. If you want to discuss stuff up to the next story arc, do so in the manga thread, or start a new topic about your predictions for the anime when it reaches the next arc.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 05:16   Link #867
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
RRavage, you are not supposed to mention anything from the manga in anime threads, not even in spoiler tags... not to mention we can't be sure where the manga will move to after water7 is wrapped up... considering how close the two are, it's VERY likly that we are gonna go into a long session of fillers... possibly as much as a season's worth, if not more
i dont think so. the problem for the anime was that the current arc was so endlessly long. i assume that there will be a couple of shorter arcs again now that this arc has ended, so they might as well add shorter fillers more frequently.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 07:25   Link #868
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Just watched 312. Holy crap is so sad. >_<;;;;;
Spoiler for 312:
This is like the best episode of Water Seven arc. I'm gona cry some more.

Last edited by Secca; 2007-06-17 at 19:23.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 02:03   Link #869
vhx

!!!!!!
Spoiler for ep 313:
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 09:38   Link #870
Kaixx
Top marks for not tryin'

I'm looking forward to the next episode, I want to know about his father.

What happened to the Going Merry was sad. But yeah, I can't wait to see what their new ship will look like.

Oh, and episode 316, by the title it looks like we're finally getting back to Shanks! The episode is called "Shanks Moves! Ceremony to the Rampaging Age". And the episode before that is called "Its Name is The New World! The Whereabouts of the Great Grand Line!"

I'm really looking forward to these, as I always do anyway. XD I just hate waiting.
Kaixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 19:46   Link #871
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Man I loved this arc, even though it was insanely long, dragged at times and had like anywhere from 3 to 9 minutes of recap per episode it was still fantastic.

To sum up some awesome parts throughout the arc just off the top of my head. Don't mind all the misspelled names.
Spoiler for Spoilers of water 7/ enies lobies up to 313:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 16:12   Link #872
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I actually thought we were gonna get a sizable break but the intensity of this new twist has me on the tip of my toes waiting for more...Luffy is far more special than we've been led to believe...I ain't saying he's Gold Roger's kid, but I'd be lying if I said the thought hasn't crossed my mind...He has a brother who's the legendary Whitebeard's #2 Man and his gramps is seemingly another devil's fruited old skool bada$$ as well (An Admiral to boot!)...Who's Luffy's mom? The Duchess of the Grandline or something? Will there be a jaded conflict, because Gramps is World Government after all?? Will he turn in Luffy?!? Can't wait for gramps to drop the knowledge on us next week...

Oh, and...

Puppy-Dawg Hoodie FTW!!!!

Old 2007-06-17, 19:38   Link #873
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers of water 7/ enies lobies up to 313:
Wow looking at the list. It's been a long one. Like a year or 2 years since this arc began? My favorite moment I laughed so hard when I saw Franky Centaur. ^^

Which one of the katana got rusted? I rewatch that episode but I cannot figure out which one was it.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 20:51   Link #874
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Which one of the katana got rusted? I rewatch that episode but I cannot figure out which one was it.
^Based on the flashback in ep 313 it's the cursed sword he bought in the town where Gol D. Roger was executed...

Anyways how far along (approx. in episodes) is the manga from ep 313? Anyone?
Old 2007-06-18, 08:23   Link #875
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Wow looking at the list. It's been a long one. Like a year or 2 years since this arc began? My favorite moment I laughed so hard when I saw Franky Centaur. ^^

Quote:
^Based on the flashback in ep 313 it's the cursed sword he bought in the town where Gol D. Roger was executed...

Anyways how far along (approx. in episodes) is the manga from ep 313? Anyone?
Actually it was the other one he got in Loguetown, Yubashiri.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 13:45   Link #876
Slayerx

My favorite parts of this arc would have to be the fairwell to the going merry, and everything around Luffy Vs Ussop... i like a good storyline that can actually move me to tears... it's definatly something you don't see much at all in shonen, or even most anime series... only really in american movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Actually it was the other one he got in Loguetown, Yubashiri.
He got both of those swords in Louge town... but your right, but for those who don't remember names and such, it was the non-cursed sword, the one that the owner gave to him because Zoro was such a bad ass when he chose to by the cursed sword... it's kind of good because the cursed sword was the more interesting of the two swords
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 14:32   Link #877
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
I actually thought we were gonna get a sizable break but the intensity of this new twist has me on the tip of my toes waiting for more...
Told you to wait for a few episodes more. And, this part is not finished yet. After Lucci, you may find another character that will interest you, maybe even more than Lucci.
Old 2007-06-18, 15:09   Link #878
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Its quite good that sword destoyed by that rust-man.It has nothing much special, kunai's sword reminds zoro of old times and feelings, and sandai kitetsu is cursed already and one of coolest sword that zoro has...now only another legendary like item zoro need, to kick mihawk's +%^ !!

also cant wait for next 4-5 eposide....I still miss Lucci and his rokushiri thou, he was one of the coolest villain One Piece ever had.Hell i wouldnt mind if he fights luffy again for revenge in future...another jet vs soru battle
RRavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 16:45   Link #879
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
Its quite good that sword destoyed by that rust-man.It has nothing much special, kunai's sword reminds zoro of old times and feelings, and sandai kitetsu is cursed already and one of coolest sword that zoro has...now only another legendary like item zoro need, to kick mihawk's +%^ !!

also cant wait for next 4-5 eposide....I still miss Lucci and his rokushiri thou, he was one of the coolest villain One Piece ever had.Hell i wouldnt mind if he fights luffy again for revenge in future...another jet vs soru battle
Zoro can't get Kirouseki sword like Mihawk cause his mouth sword (Kunai's sword) have to stay and it can't be much worse compared to the other two XD

probably if any of Luffy's old enemies came up again they would be beated silly pretty quick - but Luffy need one or two stronger opponents before Lucci's reapperance XD
but still Buggy will show up again and I hope provide a good fight again
Old 2007-06-18, 17:04   Link #880
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
Among his other swords, that had the least importance, so, you are right, losing that sword was a good choice. He already has a cursed item, so I guess, the other sword needs to complement that, in a positive way. Maybe a sword that belongs to a legendary swordsman. Or maybe a present from someone like Mihawk (a sword from the past, maybe, that was trusted to him by some strong pirate).

It is also possible that, he will receive the sword in a completely unexpected way, that might involve Mihawk's death, with the emergence of a stronger swordsman. A completely unexpected twist, and can't say it is impossible.