3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 10.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.85%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-05-31, 00:07   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.
Please Remember... Only Admins/Mods may create Episode Discussion Threads

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 02:24   Link #2
KyuubiRocks
What?!

its going real slow...but im an optimist...hope its good.
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 05:11   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I somehow hope that Naruto gets better and better in the video quality because i've seen plenty of (better quality) shows other then Naruto. And probably Naruto attracts one of the biggest crowds..

BTW Monir you look almost like 1 of the jackson 5 (avatar)
Old 2007-05-31, 09:59   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
BTW Monir you look almost like 1 of the jackson 5 (avatar)
Its masasan from Seo no hayanome ....

btw, I'm going to try and stop bitching about pacing this episode onward.. but will be on a lookout for bad animation/quality episode...

In the manga, when I saw the asa kujaku, I went no way in hell he gonna survive that feeling.. and cant wait to see how its animated.. but in the anime, I go meh, he lost to THAT? type of feeling =/

And before anyone comes and bitching but this is the anime dammit, here's my reply .. SO WHAT?

@ ShikaShika .. ossoi!!!! >_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 12:06   Link #5
othafa

I agree completely with your assertion that the anime should do the manga justice, and at the same time I applaud your decision to not mention pacing any more.

It really does suck when things that you've been anticipating from the manga just don't invoke the same emotion when you see them animated. That sounds to me like a legitimate gripe about anime quality, however the anime does have a few elements that invoked equivalent emotion that weren't in the manga at all. From that episode, for example, I really enjoyed seeing Kakashi pulling moves out of Naruto's playbook while Naruto looked on. When they expanded that fight, it gave us a much better impression much earlier on (when compared to the manga) about how much Kakashi respects Naruto's abilities as a shinobi. He's trying really hard to be the #2 ninja at surprising people.
othafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 12:47   Link #6
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyuubiRocks View Post
its going real slow...but im an optimist...hope its good.
Voted before watching? D:
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 13:48   Link #7
Stark

Boring... :S
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 17:32   Link #8
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Just watched the raw....

Maybe it would've been better if I never read the manga. I think all the preconceived notions I had about how the anime version would play out just left me disappointed.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:04   Link #9
Explosion of Youth

lol @ all u with ridiculous expectations for every episode.
Explosion of Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:16   Link #10
Azure King
Snr Spammer

Like: Sakura gets emotional over naruto, quite a touching moment.. the whole 5 sec of it

Dislike: too much talking, nothing really happen in this epiosde

Last edited by Azure King; 2007-05-31 at 22:59.
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:27   Link #11
Schuyler

Im just dying each week, are they going to keep doing this when a fight is over, they turn couple ep into fillers or filler like. *sigh*
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:31   Link #12
7thFonon
seventh

Did anyone notice how ridiculous Sakura's pause was when Chiyo was talking to her, they didn't even try and cover it up. She must have paused in the same animation for a good 7-8 seconds just staring at the screen.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 21:22   Link #13
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explosion of Youth View Post
lol @ all u with ridiculous expectations for every episode.
It's like I said before...the way they showed speed in part 1 of the anime, everything in Shipuudden just looks SLOOOW
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 21:36   Link #14
indicatoto101

I usually don't bitch about the pacing, but this episode was SLOWWWWWWWWWWW. There were many scenes but they contributed very little to the plot or were just to damn slowwww (the overall discourse, the dispute over Gaara in the sand village).
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 22:47   Link #15
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Shitpudin > Bleach - Bleach has fallen low since 122/123.

Heh, I must be the only one who enjoyed this episode. How strange, a shounen where I enjoy the talking more than the action! Never thought I'd see the day...

Naruto seemingly rejecting Sakura showing kindness towards him was very interesting... Could he have decided he doesn't want go near his best friends girl, or did he just want to avoid thinking about his death?

Moving onto ze art and animation, everything before the opening looked quite good, while just about everything else looked quite shit. The art and animation of episode 17 we were shown in the preview looked movie quality, giving us Shitpudintards something to look forward to for once...possibly.

...Ohhhh!!! I think we heard two new pieces of music used in episode 16. In order to make up for everything else, we need Shitpudin to follow the example set by Death Note - New music every episode.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 22:57   Link #16
Youkofox
Neji Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Youkofox
Ugh...I like the detail and all but that was boring as hell. T.T
Youkofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:03   Link #17
EvolutionXI

Just watched. Other than the usual complaint on drawings (horrible proportions, consistency, etc.), don't really have much else. Most the stuff was from the manga, with the little bit of extras that you're bound to get in an anime. Information eps, like this one, that pop up before/after battles usually have some reason for being there...so we'll probably see some significance of the junchurikki and/or sand history (kaze kage, etc.) talk.
EvolutionXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:10   Link #18
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
Pretty ok ep imo,
hehe, I seem to enjoy the buildup eps more than the "peak" eps they lead to
when talking>action in a shonen somethings really wrong
Mighty_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:10   Link #19
vhx

For those who care:
8 minutes of recap on what a Jinchuruki and Bijuu are.
5 minutes intro/outro
6 minutes of the Sand council arguing with eachother over the Kazekage
5 minutes of some story progression and information.

Notes: 'Spotty' animation and slow.
vhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 23:12   Link #20
BlackShinobi07

After 15 episodes of this thing we call shippuden, i thinik its safe to say it will never be as exciting, fast paced, suspencefull, visually satifiying, or come even remotley close to epic battles such as gaara vs rock lee, sasuke vs naruto, or even rock lee vs kimmimaru. Im sorry to say but shippuden is trash. It seems so low budget and poorly made that its safe to assume that the peolpe who were working on naruto 1 are long gone. Every week its the same complaints: Too slow, bad animation, and too much filler (almost every single episode has filler. thats bit excessive dont you think?). I mean if this is how naruto part 1 started out do you guys really think it would be as popular as it is now. The animation in part 1 flowed beautifully and did every bone shattering fight justce. At the pace shippuden is going, we'll be lucky if we ever see anything come close to the incredible garra vs rock lee match, which was one of the best fights in part 1.

I hope all optimistic guys out there who say shippuden will get better are right. But come on people, were 16 episodes in already. Are you gonna be saying the same thing when this continues into a 100 episodes(if shippuden even stays on the air that long).

To all you manga readers, just think about the great fights that are coming up that will be ruined because of the slow pacing and poor animation that shippuden is delivering.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-06-06 at 21:50.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote