Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-10, 21:17   Link #1
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Lolita love affair scandalises Italy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../witaly107.xml

Quote:
A 34-year-old Italian man who had sex with a 13-year-old girl has had his sentence cut by a two-thirds because a court decided there was “real love” between the pair.

[…]

His lawyers argued, however, that there was a “deep tenderness” between him and the girl and that he had “fallen head over heels in love” after a sexual encounter in his car. They said the girl had consented to every action.

The court in Vicenza accepted their opinion and sentenced de Pascale to only one year and four months in jail out of a possible 12-year term.

Because of a general amnesty for anyone who receives a sentence of less than three years, de Pascale is unlikely to serve any prison time for his Lolita-esque romance.
I'm smiling, cheering, and facepalming harder than I ever have at this article.
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:19   Link #2
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

WTF thats sick man disgusting even i wont bang an 13 year old
Old 2008-02-10, 21:28   Link #3
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

So Italy has this kind of filth too? I thought this only happened in America... -_-
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:32   Link #4
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Wait, so they're going against their own law?

Then why have statuary rape in the first place?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:38   Link #5
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
So Italy has this kind of filth too? I thought this only happened in America... -_-
if this happen in American, he better run because he won't be getting out of jail for the next 15 yrs.

and the general pop in US prison regard child molester as lowest of the low.
Old 2008-02-10, 21:41   Link #6
Tripfag
/co/ is superior.

Quote:
I... I'm so sorry.

I'm laughing at you right now.
Tripfag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:48   Link #7
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Send a message via AIM to Archontic Send a message via MSN to Archontic
Personally, if it's consensual, I don't give a shit if a 90 year old man bangs a 13 year old. I won't do it, and you couldn't fucking pay me to do it, but if it's all consensual on both sides, then I couldn't care less. Just don't tell me about it. Rape, however, is what I hate more than any other crime. I hear about a murder in the news and I think "eh, world sucks," but I hear about rape and I can't help but grit my teeth and want to give them belt in the mouth.
Archontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:52   Link #8
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

30 years men and 13 years old girl.. seems sick, but think about this.
if 2 person fall in love with each other, nothing will get in their way (age, sex, family...
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:57   Link #9
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
^except the law (it didn't work in this case, sadly). they're not the only people in the world, and since they live in civilization, the very least they could do is follow proper decorum.

they love each other, so fucking what? if two people agree to kill themselves, it's still wrong. other people are affected, society is affected, all because they did something that they agreed to do.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 21:59   Link #10
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

God damn, if they're goign to have a sick relationship like that, they could have at the very least hidden it better so I didn't have to hear about it. X_X
Old 2008-02-10, 22:00   Link #11
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Decorum only entails what is set by law, as far as I've gathered. Proper decorum in Nazi Germany, for instance.. well, I don't think that I need to say any more. Morals vary from place to place.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:02   Link #12
Isegrim

Quote:
Italy is the most corrupt and felted country in the E.U. I'd almost say "Europe", but there is Russia... prime minister Romano Prodi got ousted a few weeks ago, after his instable coalition failed. Now it looks like Silvio Berlusconi (owns pretty much of the Italin non-public media) and his centre-right alliance are going to win the upcoming reelection. I just have no hope in this country anymore .
Old 2008-02-10, 22:04   Link #13
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archontic View Post
Personally, if it's consensual, I don't give a shit if a 90 year old man bangs a 13 year old. I won't do it, and you couldn't fucking pay me to do it, but if it's all consensual on both sides, then I couldn't care less.

after homosexiality, sado-masochism and all other deviant relationships, I have no problems accepting something as this

one can argue the truth coming from lawyers, but that's another discussion about "ethics"
Old 2008-02-10, 22:05   Link #14
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
God damn, if they're goign to have a sick relationship like that, they could have at the very least hidden it better so I didn't have to hear about it. X_X
yep. honestly, i can't think why they did it in such a public place.

Quote:
Decorum only entails what is set by law, as far as I've gathered. Proper decorum in Nazi Germany, for instance.. well, I don't think that I need to say any more. Morals vary from place to place.
that's when 'common sense' comes into play.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:06   Link #15
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbat® View Post

after homosexiality, sado-masochism and all other deviant relationships, I have no problems accepting something as this

one can argue the truth coming from lawyers, but that's another discussion about "ethics"
You're calling me stupid because you don't agree with my morals, even when they're obviously not hurting anybody?

That was rhetorical, so don't bother answering it.

EDIT: What exactly is common sense saying in this case, Prov? Common sense and morals are two entirely different things.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:13   Link #16
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Haha... you guys are right. I guess its these kinds of things that get more spotlight time in America. I think Europe and Asia hide this kind of stuff better. Still weird.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 22:16   Link #17
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

mm, i always hate elaborating, but anyhoo... one aspect of common sense is (at least to me) proper behavior among other people. for example, you can't smoke in front of cancer patients because it will worser their condition. i won't curse in front of my parents and younger relatives because i don't want them to learn a bad example. anyway, unless they live underground, chances are that there are people around them. these people follow laws, and they have to uphold it because they live among them.

i mean, if everyone did what they desired the world would sink into anarchy, without the law to provide the ground rules of society. hell, if they were so in love with each other they should have at least waited, though that idea is flawed as well.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:21   Link #18
Archontic
Power of the Damager

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
mm, i always hate elaborating, but anyhoo... one aspect of common sense is (at least to me) proper behavior among other people. for example, you can't smoke in front of people with... let's see... lung cancer because you might risk making them worse.[ i won't curse in front of my parents and younger relatives because i don't want them to learn a bad example.
That's common courtesy. It's not common sense. Common sense is knowing that if you smoke in from of someone with lung cancer, it will make it worse. Common courtesy is not doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
i mean, if everyone did what they desired the world would sink into anarchy, without the law to provide the ground rules of society. hell, if they were so in love with each other they should have at least waited, though that idea is flawed as well.
What does having sex have to do with anarchy? I'm not saying "fuck the law in general." I'm saying that I don't care if they "fuck away." It's their deal. It doesn't offend or disgust me, since I was RAISED on acceptance of other lifestyles, cultures, and moral structures. It's how I've spent my entire life.

Once again, your mistaking common sense for morality and common courtesy.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:31   Link #19
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

let me rephrase then. instead of common sense let me say personal opinion, quite different from your personal opinion but an opinion that has as much reason as yours.

Quote:
That's common courtesy. It's not common sense. What does having sex have to do with anarchy? I'm not saying "fuck the law in general." I'm saying that I don't care if they "fuck away."
i said, if everyone did what they desired then there would be anarchy; see, i wasn't just talking about teh sex.

Quote:
It's their deal. It doesn't offend or disgust me, since I was RAISED on acceptance of other lifestyles, cultures, and moral structures. It's how I've spent my entire life.
it offends me, that's why i'm posting my personal opinions here. for the record, i was also raised to accept the lifestyles and etc. of other people, though my own opinions diverge at a certain point. there's not much need to mention this as this does nothing to lend weight in an argument between morals.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:40   Link #20
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

While I think it is quite disgusting I don't care if stuff like this happens with consention between the two. Even if its not accepted its not hurting anyone.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote