AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-21, 17:04   Link #25221
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41816/ anyone mind telling me why what this poll about because touma is in first place beating kiroto and i cant tell whats it about.
Says 'the male anime character you want in your class ranking.' I'd definitely agree with the Touma votes, his antics would be pretty hilarious to watch.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:07   Link #25222
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So long as you don't mind never getting the attention of any girls in your class, given what he did to his own. :V
Old 2013-04-21, 17:09   Link #25223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So long as you don't mind never getting the attention of any girls in your class, given what he did to his own. :V
Actually the guys in his class are okay with him because when shit happens his bad luck would 'absorb' it protect them

As for the girls, most of them don't even talk to him.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:14   Link #25224
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Really? I read somewhere that the guys in his class are also jealous of the fact that his misfortune has all of the girls in his class somewhat interested in him.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:20   Link #25225
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Really? I read somewhere that the guys in his class are also jealous of the fact that his misfortune has all of the girls in his class somewhat interested in him.
Nope, aside from the Himegami and Fukiyose, we haven't seen any girls interact with him.

But in general the approach of the class towards him is like this.

Quote:
“Hm? What’s up Kami-yan? Did you walk here only to remember that you forgot to bring your homework? If that’s the case, it’s really funny and pitiful.”

After Aogami Pierce said this, everyone in the class turned to look at Kamijou.

And the class got louder.

“Ah? What? Kamijou forgot to bring his homework?”

“Eh, Kamijou, did you really forget to bring your homework?”

“BANZAI! SENSEI’S EYES WILL BE ATTRACTED BY KAMIJOU’S MISFORTUNE! OUR DAMAGES WILL BE REDUCED TO THE MINIMUM! BANZAI!!”

Seeing the entire class cheer like that, Kamijou inadvertently let out an impatient look.

Quote:
Facing off against Fukiyose Seiri’s aggressive attack, Kamijou inadvertently backed up. The committee member continued to get near the retreating boy. Kamijou still wanted to back away, only to back into the flowerbed.

Seeing this, the students looked absolutely delighted.

“Too……too strong. Fukiyose, you’re too strong! You’re really the woman who can defend against that Kamijou!”

“If it was an ordinary person, that person might end up being soft-hearted and say ‘Ka–Kamijou-san, are you alright?’”

“This guy keeps saying that he’s unlucky, but he always gets the best seats!!”

“Oh, you’re the hope of humanity. Let’s analyse Fukiyose Seiri, and maybe we can control Kami-yan!!”

(In your eyes, what kind of scum am I!?)
Old 2013-04-21, 17:44   Link #25226
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nope, aside from the Himegami and Fukiyose, we haven't seen any girls interact with him.

But in general the approach of the class towards him is like this.
Um, doesn't that second quote kinda say what Rising Dragon was talking about with that line that Fukiyose' s really the only woman who can defend against that Kamijou. ?
sure seems that even if they aren't actively chaseing him there is at least a higher then normal level of intrest.

and if that line about him nullifying the red string of fate is true then meeting Kamijou realy is somewhat dangerous for women, if thier chance of meeting their true partner was low.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:10   Link #25227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Um, doesn't that second quote kinda say what Rising Dragon was talking about with that line that Fukiyose' s really the only woman who can defend against that Kamijou. ?
sure seems that even if they aren't actively chasing him there is at least a higher then normal level of interest.

I was under the impression that RD was referring to the kind of situation in some other harem comedy series.

But in any case, we don't really know because Kamachi has always referred to them as the 'class', and not specifically just the boys or girls... Being on good terms is the same as swooning over him...
Old 2013-04-21, 18:13   Link #25228
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No, wasn't referring to that. I know that the girls in his class aren't pursuing him, but I had read that they are interested him, mostly out of sympathy for his rotten luck, and that the guys in his class are jealous of him for it.
Old 2013-04-21, 18:17   Link #25229
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
And EVERYONE trolled Fiamma.
Buuuut!

Fiamma trolled them back by surviving .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Because of her airbags!!!!
Old 2013-04-21, 19:17   Link #25230
tsunade666

Quote:
No, wasn't referring to that. I know that the girls in his class aren't pursuing him, but I had read that they are interested him, mostly out of sympathy for his rotten luck, and that the guys in his class are jealous of him for it.
Hm the girls in his class from my opinion are just friendly and the girls in general on his school are also friendly to him. Maybe crush/like here and there but not love. Kamijou is rather popular delinquent that always has sets of bad luck, get yelled by the teacher and always help those in need. He might be even in urban legend as the type of person that will point you out the direction you need to go when your lost (railgun S1) or helped an older lady cross the road.

The general opinion of him is the kind type that everyone wants to be friend with but not boyfriend material which is like other harem series. They don't seek Kamijou out passively for relationship. They are just friendly to him and the guys are just jealous or like to blame him for their luck (assignments) and bad luck )relationship with girls)

That's why one of the quote that chaoz use praise Fukiyose for being to withstand the Kamijou disease. She doesn't back down to either pity him or be kind to him. She is strict to him.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:22   Link #25231
Goldzero

isn't fukiyose part of kamijou harem? though there are lack of evidence about that but.... i'm just curious.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:23   Link #25232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We all know Kamijou would make a horrible boyfriend material

Quote:
isn't fukiyose part of kamijou harem? though there are lack of evidence about that but.... i'm just curious.
No she's not.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:28   Link #25233
tsunade666

Tamni differentiate love and like (or what I believe because really this is not romcom story)

the girls that really love Touma are only
Index
Mikoto
Itsuwa
Old 2013-04-21, 19:29   Link #25234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Replace index with imouto.

Index is like firetruck demon girl from world god only knows.

Aand imouto character.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:34   Link #25235
Goldzero

Quote:
We all know Kamijou would make a horrible boyfriend material

No she's not.

i agree with touma being a horrible boyfriend material. sure hes funny,friendly, and likable but he can find ways getting you into trouble, sometimes barge right into your room when your undressing, and can't really seem to come up with the best choice of words where it can anger you to the point where you just wanna knock him unconscious.

(i was just curious seeing as how many fans believed she was but i noticed lately that she wasn't).
Old 2013-04-21, 19:39   Link #25236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
i agree with touma being a horrible boyfriend material. sure hes funny,friendly, and likable but he can find ways getting you into trouble, sometimes barge right into your room when your undressing, and can't really seem to come up with the best choice of words where it can anger you to the point where you just wanna knock him unconscious.
No... the reason is because he disappears without telling anyone, hangs out with shady characters, has run ins with the law, get into fights and ends up in the hospital all the time.

...and he's poor.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:42   Link #25237
Haigon

Does Fraulein retain her ability to survive without eating?

If not, Touma is screwed
Old 2013-04-21, 19:48   Link #25238
tsunade666

Quote:
Replace index with imouto.

Index is like firetruck demon girl from world god only knows.

Aand imouto character.
I don't understand what you mean here.

Quote:
No... the reason is because he disappears without telling anyone, hangs out with shady characters, has run ins with the law, get into fights and ends up in the hospital all the time.

...and he's poor.
This are good reason but the ultimate reason why he isn't boyfriend material is because he is not GARY SUE and he lady-killer or is not overly perverted idiot protagonist (toori not counting cause he is hilariously useless)
Old 2013-04-21, 19:56   Link #25239
Rovert10

I doubt Touma is actually poor.

It's just his bad luck draining (Index and Debts from damages) what I assume to be reasonable account for a high school student living alone. I mean he has a family and everything to give money when needed.

Either that or he can't access his money at all
Old 2013-04-21, 19:58   Link #25240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't understand what you mean here.
Index is like Elsie from the world god only knows.

An imouto character.

Similar to Last Order if you will.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen