AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-01-22, 13:08   Link #2301
Lost Cause

I still say that you will have to move eventually. Your going to run out of something sooner or later, and natural curiosity will make you want to take a look to see what's going on. And it's better to have an idea of your current situation rather than just waiting for the boogey man to come and get you. So a good escape plan is a must!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 14:05   Link #2302
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
I still say that you will have to move eventually. Your going to run out of something sooner or later, and natural curiosity will make you want to take a look to see what's going on. And it's better to have an idea of your current situation rather than just waiting for the boogey man to come and get you. So a good escape plan is a must!
if you can hold out effectively in the structure, its always best to have a 'GTFO real fast' plan just in case, but to achieve GTFORF, the path must be premeditated against many scenario.

well... someone told me a 'what-if' in the hospital....

GOOD
-usually, the entrances can be blockaded quite easily
-the hallways can be killzones if planned wisely with either booby-traps or a deadly narrow space in which you can mow them down (provided you have ammo)
-first aid is usually around the corner
-there are lots of supplies inside

BAD
-shitloads of rooms
-the open lobby and spacey reception areas in the upper floors are too far away from the stairs and is the only area where its free for everyone to move fast and dig in
-if the ground floor is overrun, only exit is the helipad (most main hospitals probably have one) and in rare cases, an access area for the maintainance.
-to effectively defend a big building such as a hospital, you need at least survivors that size up 2 squads or a platoon
Old 2011-01-22, 16:28   Link #2303
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
BAD
-shitloads of rooms
-the open lobby and spacey reception areas in the upper floors are too far away from the stairs and is the only area where its free for everyone to move fast and dig in
-if the ground floor is overrun, only exit is the helipad (most main hospitals probably have one) and in rare cases, an access area for the maintainance.
-to effectively defend a big building such as a hospital, you need at least survivors that size up 2 squads or a platoon
And the most important drawback: lots of windows in all those rooms.

If you have to square off against any number of opponents with any intelligence, they'll just smash through the windows and flank, or even surround you, unless you have an entire army just to guard all the rooms with windows.

You can try to block them up, but could take forever and take a lot of resources. And if you want to bolt anything to the wall over the windows, you'll need some specialized tools to work with them, since they're not exactly made of plywood.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 22:42   Link #2304
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
And the most important drawback: lots of windows in all those rooms.

If you have to square off against any number of opponents with any intelligence, they'll just smash through the windows and flank, or even surround you, unless you have an entire army just to guard all the rooms with windows.

You can try to block them up, but could take forever and take a lot of resources. And if you want to bolt anything to the wall over the windows, you'll need some specialized tools to work with them, since they're not exactly made of plywood.
a simple barricade can be handy... if those things know how to climb... god help us... but the windows are best left barred in the ground, second and third floors (just in case the 3rd floor). in the central lobbies, its best to have a makeshift firebase
Old 2011-01-22, 22:55   Link #2305
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
a simple barricade can be handy... if those things know how to climb... god help us... but the windows are best left barred in the ground, second and third floors (just in case the 3rd floor). in the central lobbies, its best to have a makeshift firebase
If they know how to climb, we are basically goners. The fact that we cannot actually guard all the windows, and they can come in at anytime makes the situation even more dire. Oh wait.. Were we still discussing about using a hospital as a base?
Old 2011-01-22, 23:04   Link #2306
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Considering the fact that zombies would decompose and everyone basiclly knows what to do in a zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't last long.

But, a hospital might work, but I would get to the roof of a building with lots of guns and people, and a way to get to other roofs. Zombies have stuff break off if they climb. So, go to a roof, grab a gun and some dudes, and have fun.
Old 2011-01-23, 03:55   Link #2307
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
If they know how to climb, we are basically goners. The fact that we cannot actually guard all the windows, and they can come in at anytime makes the situation even more dire. Oh wait.. Were we still discussing about using a hospital as a base?
ASSUMING that the zombies are a slow moving horde attracted to sound... if l4d style... oh shit... even the halls can mean your death if you dont know how to funnel them inside...
Old 2011-02-24, 23:26   Link #2308
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife

My backup piece is here. Only have 100 rds of .40 right now, but that'll change this weekend when I go shopping.

This and a K-Bar will be when I'm down to my last stand and everything else is empty and broken.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 03:26   Link #2309
JC...
I am a Pie

I live quite close to a hospital, which is right next to a supermarket, it could be easier move all the food... however there's a school near by, with tight corridors, it'd be easy to take out the zombies there, although the dangerous part would be transporting the food.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 05:10   Link #2310
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Cute Glock, Justin!

I can't say I've added my arsenal at all. I haven't picked up a T-Bolt yet but I've got the mounts and scope just waiting for it.

I'll be stockpiling a few bricks of .22LR then!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 09:29   Link #2311
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Cute Glock, Justin!

I can't say I've added my arsenal at all. I haven't picked up a T-Bolt yet but I've got the mounts and scope just waiting for it.

I'll be stockpiling a few bricks of .22LR then!
I haven't done an actual count lately, but I have about 15 or so rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Most are older, but I'm working on the more modern stuff right now.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 16:12   Link #2312
Cellatore
Super Lurker

Just moved to a new neighborhood. I'm in a suburb now, if a zombie apocalypse happens im screwed
Cellatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-25, 22:59   Link #2313
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post

My backup piece is here. Only have 100 rds of .40 right now, but that'll change this weekend when I go shopping.

This and a K-Bar will be when I'm down to my last stand and everything else is empty and broken.
A fine choice, indeed. Stopping power, portability, and reliability. Too bad ammo keeps getting more and more expensive. >_<

Keep your cool and aim high.
Old 2011-02-26, 00:26   Link #2314
Cellatore
Super Lurker

If anything, load up on ammo for now and if the possibility of an apocalypse, you always have a lot saved up. And when the people at the gun store die (hopefully before you) well you can get some more for free hehe.
Cellatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 05:31   Link #2315
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I've been practicing throwing knives and I have gotten pretty good at it, almost stuck one in my wall, ended up just making a massive dent, only been at it for 2 days but I wonder how effective that would be against zombies. It would be much easier if the zombies could feel pain.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 23:00   Link #2316
Lost Cause

Oh Goody! Justinstrife's back and ZeKeR and Cel! It's nice to be back here with you guys again!
And justinstrife has a new Glock too! COOL!! I was going too inform all here that I had purchased a Glock (model 17) myself, but today I traded it in on a Glock model 30! Glock calls it "The .45 fist in a bag", I call The Beast! I still can't upload pictures yet but it's a brutal looking little thing and it's a .45 ACP! Sorry but I like that big old bullet!
Oh, and guys there is a general gun thread available for us too. Not that it matters as this thread has been pretty dead for awhile!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 03:06   Link #2317
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I've been practicing throwing knives and I have gotten pretty good at it, almost stuck one in my wall, ended up just making a massive dent, only been at it for 2 days but I wonder how effective that would be against zombies. It would be much easier if the zombies could feel pain.
As long as the knife can piece the zombie's head enough to reach the brain, then it might work out. But only if you hit that specific spot.

It seems everyone in the Apocalypse Thread is back to their original selves with the talk of guns still going wild
Old 2011-02-28, 03:18   Link #2318
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

What better weapon to use against zombies then the weapon used to slay vampires

The scythe of the vampire slayer

Old 2011-02-28, 16:55   Link #2319
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The scythe of Undead Slaying is what I would call it if you use it for zombies as well
Old 2011-02-28, 17:12   Link #2320
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Best place is a tree house. Prefferably with edible fruit. If the zombies cant climb it is effect place to stay safe while having an abundant amount of food. Create links to different trees within the canopy/sub-canopy and you can probly start a mini civilization up there.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, firearms, survive, zombies