AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 15:06   Link #101
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Ok that's one fat guide, haha should help...but I really don't want to restart >.>

Guh, I'll see how I get on a bit later...

I want to finish the game on my own first then I can pester you for that bonus (or until my patience runs out! ).
i restarted 5 times before i figure out the game mechanic. the guide itself is actually 2 guides. the first half is for a new game and 2nd half is for new game+
Old 2010-01-19, 15:12   Link #102
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Haha well I don't blame you since the game offers no tutorial what so ever...it was one heck of a steep learning curve up to now.

I knew I should have invaded Mouri :x

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:22   Link #103
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Haha well I don't blame you since the game offers no tutorial what so ever...it was one heck of a steep learning curve up to now.

I knew I should have invaded Mouri :x
i been playing the 5star games recently and i found that covert action is also very useful. you might not have enough generals with enough search to pull it off but if you can it will help.

covert action goes by this
1. political turmoil - the other guy can't attack.
2. troops rebellion - reduce the other side's troops by 20%
3. assassinate - kill a general on the other side.
then it restarts with each action casting more search points.
Old 2010-01-19, 15:27   Link #104
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the yandere trans staff said it will be a remake of Rance2. this is where Rance first meet Maria and Shizuka and introduce them to his hyper friend
ahhhh... shit, remake rance2... le sigh. was hoping for progression with sill, and maybe the return of her ridiculous afro.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:30   Link #105
Nosauz

Quote:
i been playing the 5star games recently and i found that covert action is also very useful. you might not have enough generals with enough search to pull it off but if you can it will help.

well i kind of just wing it and since most of the time I can't get fans or anything good, I usually grab a wise old man who has decent stats and can act as a scout, depends on your power but most of the time I can support em.
Old 2010-01-19, 15:32   Link #106
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Oh really, never bothered to use that function since it seemed like a waste of a move fan...which is annoying when you are limited to 3 moves per turn, in my case since I didn't concentrate on getting Rance's limbo working enough.

So close to the next one though :x

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2010-01-19, 15:34   Link #107
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
well i kind of just wing it and since most of the time I can't get fans or anything good, I usually grab a wise old man who has decent stats and can act as a scout, depends on your power but most of the time I can support em.
i keep suzume for scouting. as it is ninja cost too much at the beginning and battlefield stats are good enough for me hire her more troops. i would use the sat point to call for reinforcement, urza and maria are great additions.
Old 2010-01-19, 15:38   Link #108
Nosauz

Quote:
i keep suzume for scouting. as it is ninja cost too much at the beginning and battlefield stats are good enough for me hire her more troops. i would use the sat point to call for reinforcement, urza and maria are great additions.
well I use her assassination 2 and usually make sure to keep her on the offensive because of assassination 2 at the begining which can be quite helpful against heavy amounts of guard units.
Old 2010-01-19, 15:51   Link #109
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i would still rather hire some ninjas that were capture instead of using the sat points.

PS. 1 don't forget to do the dungeons as they give you some pretty nice items
2 try to collect all 3 of the gold statues asap as they will increase the gold you get every month.
3. hire a general with asset tech and merchant skillz. both will also increase the amount of gold you get every month.
Old 2010-01-21, 17:34   Link #110
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Oh heck I've finally managed to finish the first run through of the game. It was hell I tell ya! Invading the demon country wasn't hard but once you get to the last fight, those bastards just won't die...and I hate those units that can AOE the hell out of you and speed up time...Perhaps it's because I didn't capture enough countries at the start before the demon army came as it sure was a challenge near the end...

Xavier is the worse...he is such a bastard at lvl 99...I just couldn't kill him with his attacks destroying my whole army...good thing those restarts made him weaker otherwise it would have simply been impossible for me at this moment.

But I am quite pleased that I was able to finish this without a complete restart, would have taken a number on my motivation XD

About the game though, I simply love it to bits. The story is great, battles are epic and there are so much more to do even after the first play through I don't even know where to begin. This time though I will be taking the help.

*Pokes Xellos about the save data* ^^

Spoiler:

Old 2010-01-22, 12:57   Link #111
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Oh heck I've finally managed to finish the first run through of the game. It was hell I tell ya! Invading the demon country wasn't hard but once you get to the last fight, those bastards just won't die...and I hate those units that can AOE the hell out of you and speed up time...Perhaps it's because I didn't capture enough countries at the start before the demon army came as it sure was a challenge near the end...

Xavier is the worse...he is such a bastard at lvl 99...I just couldn't kill him with his attacks destroying my whole army...good thing those restarts made him weaker otherwise it would have simply been impossible for me at this moment.

But I am quite pleased that I was able to finish this without a complete restart, would have taken a number on my motivation XD

About the game though, I simply love it to bits. The story is great, battles are epic and there are so much more to do even after the first play through I don't even know where to begin. This time though I will be taking the help.

*Pokes Xellos about the save data* ^^

Spoiler:
on your battle with Xaiver, it is recommanded that you kill the monkey first.
As for the monster troops Natori+Omichi = instant win.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-01-23 at 11:25.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 01:09   Link #112
Nosauz

Quote:
on your battle with Xaiver, it is recommanded that you kill the money first. As for the monster troops

Natori+Omichi = instant win.
well not everybody grabs miko institute first, i remember on my first play through I went for kenshi as quickly as possibly and since you can uesegi house to auto declare war while you build your arm and not waste units early I ended up wasting too much time. Plus worst case scenario is that in the real history route u can starve the demon army of generals, plus you can also just grind out kentaro to 99 if you have him saved by miki after she rips out his gut.
Old 2010-01-23, 14:17   Link #113
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
well not everybody grabs miko institute first, i remember on my first play through I went for kenshi as quickly as possibly and since you can uesegi house to auto declare war while you build your arm and not waste units early I ended up wasting too much time. Plus worst case scenario is that in the real history route u can starve the demon army of generals, plus you can also just grind out kentaro to 99 if you have him saved by miki after she rips out his gut.
Natori should be a prority target considering she can do 30% damage without the waiting time of a normal miko. i usually get her after i finish off the tanuki and recruit Sen-chan.
Old 2010-01-23, 16:39   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Well, she sure saved my butt numerous times when the enemy forces controlled too much of the battle field. I was glad that I at least grabbed her when I missed out on a lot of other characters
Sen chan is also fricking awesome! Despite being a tank, she can deal out some nice damage (plus she is on par with Kenshin's hawtness XD).

Old 2010-01-24, 06:54   Link #115
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, is it better if I search for the earlier rance series or play this straight away?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 18:06   Link #116
Avisch
Reality Blender

It won't matter. The story doesn't rely heavily on the previous titles.
Also, this is the only one with a translation patch, so this makes for a perfect introduction.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 01:23   Link #117
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
But I think I'm doing pretty poorly for a first game considering that I have no where near conquered most of the nations and now the demon army has started raining down onto my head. Any tips on it? I've stopped yesterday since it was late but then the first wave of attacks came and I got crushed...what am I meant to do here to get passed this event? Just sit back and defend for a few turns and something will happen that lets the story move on? -.-
The first game is unfairly skewed against the player. No bonuses, a limited time frame for completing some missions, and the other countries are openly antagonistic and will conquer other nations while you're preoccupied.

It's definitely easier the second time around, even without second game bonuses.

Technically, Rance was really incredible to canonically accomplish so much on a first game.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 05:46   Link #118
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, is it better if I search for the earlier rance series or play this straight away?
The earlier rance series up until about Rance 5D played more like adventure games with fake RPG elements added in. About the only real purpose for playing early games in the series I've found is for the character recognition. Rance 6 and Kichiku-Oh Rance (which plays similar to Sengoku Rance) happen to be pretty solid games though so I would recommend checking them out. You might also want to check out the original Rance for a look back on history since it might very well have been the first eroge ever produced (July, 1989). I also managed to beat it in a single 3 hour sitting so it shouldn't take long.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 12:28   Link #119
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
The first game is unfairly skewed against the player. No bonuses, a limited time frame for completing some missions, and the other countries are openly antagonistic and will conquer other nations while you're preoccupied.

It's definitely easier the second time around, even without second game bonuses.

Technically, Rance was really incredible to canonically accomplish so much on a first game.
I did feel that it was a bit of a cop out to have the whole demon army pushed back to one corner automatically after some x turns but otherwise it would have been impossible to do that myself based on what I had at that time...I was struggling ever more afterwards as well despite that help which says a lot for the difficulty of the game.

Oh and do you only get a maximum of 3 movement fans during the first play through? I read that you should get a 4th one when rance reaches 120 satisfaction but that didn't happen (???)

Old 2010-01-26, 12:36   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I did feel that it was a bit of a cop out to have the whole demon army pushed back to one corner automatically after some x turns but otherwise it would have been impossible to do that myself based on what I had at that time...I was struggling ever more afterwards as well despite that help which says a lot for the difficulty of the game.

Oh and do you only get a maximum of 3 movement fans during the first play through? I read that you should get a 4th one when rance reaches 120 satisfaction but that didn't happen (???)
3rd action fan - 50SP
4th Action fan - 160SP

Rance's 4th movement point - 80SP
5th movement point - 100SP

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Seng...action_bonuses