AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 17:44   Link #41
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Spoiler for That Butt!:

Shirakiin Ririchiyo is 16 I believe, no? Her first encounter with Soushi Miketsukami seemed like one of those "Love At First Sight" sort of things...well...you know, until Soushi started bowing before her and started crying I wonder how old he is...

I found it funny how he asked her to rid of him because she didn't need him, thats true dedication right there XD I want a servent like that! Only...it has to be a girl...in a maid uniform...and she has to have red hair and be a demon...and her name needs to be Rias...

Moving on

It appears something is haunting Shirakiin's nightmares...she keeps waking up, heavily breathing, as if she had just woken up from a dream where she was about to get killed. I wonder if there's more to her moving to just being alone...hmm. She did say she hated being bullied, but at the same time hated being protected.

Lastly, what an exciting ending that was with everyone revealing themselves to that burlgar! I definatley like the glowing eyes of each of them and the different variety of them. Very cool.

I think I may really enjoy this anime. I like Soushi constantly checking up and bothering Shirakiin and then seeing the way she reacts and the things she compares him to such as the "Faithful Dog" I also like the over/under reacting girls that acted weird around Shirakiin XD

Also...Nobara is...just awesome. "I hope we will become...good friends. Of course, I mean in a sexual way!" I wish she would say to me

Last edited by DXMichael; 2012-01-12 at 18:05.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:07   Link #42
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Don't think this has been mentioned but looking at ANN it seems we'll get 6 EDs

Quote:
#1: "Rakuen no Photograph (楽園のPhotograph; Photograph of Paradise)" by Yuuichi Nakamura
#2: "Kimi wa (君は; You Are)" by Rina Hidaka
#3: "Taiyou to Tsuki (太陽と月; The Sun and the Moon)" by Yoshimasa Hosoya & Yoko Hisaka
#4: "one way" by Takuya Eguchi & Mamoru Miyano
#5: "sweets parade" by Kana Hanazawa
#6: "SM Hantei Forum (SM判定フォーラム; SM Judgement Forum)" by Tomokazu Sugita
Also it seems that what we got at the end of the episode was the OP,if so then I say that's quite a nice OP
Old 2012-01-12, 18:45   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Really like what this show does with the tsundere female lead trope,a tsundere that's aware she's tsundere,I also like how the male lead wants to be "her dog" rather than fighting against it.
Indeed =03! That's what I like most about this as well. All in all, an amusing episode, though I kinda disliked that during the burglary, some of the SS agents revealed their powers so soon =0(. Kills the suspense a bit.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 18:57   Link #44
Meepy
stupid & obvious

No worries, I'm hyped!
Especially since it'll blow my mind, apparently. I was planning to watch the first episode of Another today, but I opted for this instead. ( Suppose I'm saving Another. . . for another day. Pfft. )

I'm happy with this adaption. Though to be honest, I can hardly remember much of the manga anymore save for a certain scene (read the scanlations just a bit before the anime was announced). The art is really nice and clean (those gorgeous cherry blossoms!), and I'm liking the music enough. I especially liked the first scene. Perhaps because I have a thing for music boxes, but the text cards looked neat as well.

So much yes to Ririchiyo wanting to change herself. Of course I really don't see how completely avoiding people will help someone be able to socialize better. I guess it could be a sort of . . . loving yourself before others, though, which I can understand. I also liked that there was more than just bullying involved in her story. The whole "protection" part I thought was a good aspect to throw in, which I found to be really sad.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed the episode. 8D Found myself grinning a lot. Though Miketsukami got to be a bit much for me at times -- I need to get used to him again. xD;;;
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:07   Link #45
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

No idea what to expect before i saw this. After i saw it i can't wait for the next ep. Ririchiyo's backstory really peaks my interest. Soushi is just great. Liked how when they first met he started crying. The other characters are all interesting in their own way. With the title of the place its no wonder they have powers. That ED was great as well.
Old 2012-01-12, 19:35   Link #46
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Here I was expecting something along the lines of Hayate no Gotoku, but bam it's turns into a fantasy magical anime. That's a good thing because I love these types of genre.

In the very beginning and towards the middle of the anime it's all about the S&M and it was ok. I bet the people with S&M fetishes will probably enjoy this anime. I do admit that main heroine has some killer looking legs

I wonder if there are any normal people living in that complex...
Old 2012-01-12, 21:22   Link #47
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Watching the first episode of this series, I get the feeling it's of a slower tempo than most of the other new series I'm watching this season... Even shows like Nisenmonogatari and Another, where technically nothing has happened yet- still have a few exciting tricks to show.

The difference though is that both those shows have a sizable amount of hype behind them so people are more likely to give them some leeway...

I could like this, but I need more to love it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 23:45   Link #48
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meepy View Post
So much yes to Ririchiyo wanting to change herself. Of course I really don't see how completely avoiding people will help someone be able to socialize better. I guess it could be a sort of . . . loving yourself before others, though, which I can understand. I also liked that there was more than just bullying involved in her story. The whole "protection" part I thought was a good aspect to throw in, which I found to be really sad.
She realized she needed to change, but at the same time felt very afraid of what that entailed. If she takes the risk of moving out of her comfort zone by overcoming her bad habit and STILL gets rejected or liked just because of her family's money, that would be an even bigger blow to her self worth. Therefore she wanted to avoid interacting with people, so she would never have to face that. This way she still has hope to cling on to, that maybe someday if she overcomes her bad habit things will be different, but not today because she's not ready.
You are right that the only way she will learn to socialize better is by constantly interacting with people, AND she will begin to love herself in the process. That is probably what will happen over the course of the series, at least that's what I'm hoping for.

The best part of this show is how Soushi reacts to Ririchiyo's tsunshun personality. His sweet puppy dog love and loyalty towards her will probably keep me watching this.
julez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:18   Link #49
Sumeragi
Banned

What still scares me is the existence of a Gashadokuro out of all things. It tends to haunt me whenever I see a skeleton.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 01:56   Link #50
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

oh wow! Is this really Rina Hidaka's voice, at first I thought it was Yuuki Aoi. Another seiyuu rising up through talent!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 02:03   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, guess I'm spoiled by KamiMemo in that I see a girl that looks like Alice and talks shit like Alice, but isn't voiced by Ogura. Just feels weird for my brain.

Regardless though, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. I knew I'd love Ririchiyo from the one chapter I've read of the manga, not to mention the all-star cast (HanaKana <3... seems like she's playing a lot of roles outside her usual ones lately, this one included). Oh yeah, can't go wrong with Renshou knowing Ririchiyo since grade school, and of course Soushi as the forgotten childhood friend. So far, can't 'lose' here lols.

Wonder who's the other tenant though (HanaKana's master)?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:56   Link #52
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Haha lol. I thought the manservants "please treat me like a dog" antics would be annoying but they're actually pretty funny. It definitely helps that Ririchiyo doesn't treat him like a dog and actually gets freaked out herself.

Lulz all round when Karuta revelaed her true form. The look on that burgular's face was just priceless...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 05:10   Link #53
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say I really enjoyed the first episode. Getting a taste of Ririchiyo's backstory just made me feel sympathetic for her. Treated poorly because of her family and only helped because of her family. Her self worth going down the drain and thus that front being created which only made her feel worse about herself. After all people genuinely reaching out would get shut down hard.

Certainly someone like Soushi is key since he's not going to get upset by that. Though really do wonder about where his obsession towards Ririchiyo came from. Talking about how she saved him, but also wanting to meet her. So was this some sort of indirect thing she did? Well suppose they will get into that eventually.

Still totally got shocked with all the crazy abilities getting shown off in a hurry. I mean the name did give it away, but I didn't think too much about it . Then suddenly you have Ririchiyo's eyes glowing and a giant skeleton showing up.

I wasn't sure if I'd care much about this series, but the first episode has me interested.
Old 2012-01-13, 05:56   Link #54
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, that was something else. Aloof girl+ Hard M d00d is typical for anime, but this is diffrent since the guy is the insistent one and this this Ririchiyo acts somewhat reasonable at least, and is just putting up the mean thing as an act in a silly one. And damn that character design is kinda hot... I guess that was a pretty decent way to start the series.

And they have superpowers eh. Well, that could be more interesting than I thought.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 06:04   Link #55
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Already pegging this anime as my guilty pleasure of the series. Ririchiyo is hot and tragic and has a nice pair of legs...and...I don't really consider her a tsundere. Her mannerisms are the same regardless who she is speaking to, and that really defeats the intended purpose of a tsundere. She is far better than the typical insufferable tsundere...Sure, she's got a sharp tongue, but nothing she says is all that offensive, and she doesn't seem the least bit violent.
Old 2012-01-13, 06:24   Link #56
novalysis

This anime has started out with a very strong episode, and it has done one thing very well- make me, the viewer start asking many questions. What is Ririchiyo- (not human, no doubt)? What are these "half-breeds?" What is this intriguing world we have been thrown into? Where are the characters going?

For one, the Tsundere actually acknowledges, and is self-conscious of character development. Rarely do you see one such character actually seeking to develop herself out of that, actively. That itself makes for a fascinating premise in itself.

Then, the interplay between the thoughts and actions of the protagonist too - that alone developed/ revealed much about Ririchiyo, since we get to see her mind very clearly, and what a fascinating mind it is, indeed.

So, yes, an interesting anime, with a tantalizingly fascinating setting and characters that make me eager to know more about them to boot.

Characterization + Compelling Setting + Good Animation and aesthetics = An anime definitely on my watch list.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 09:11   Link #57
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
For one, the Tsundere actually acknowledges, and is self-conscious of character development. Rarely do you see one such character actually seeking to develop herself out of that, actively. That itself makes for a fascinating premise in itself.
Let me introduce you to a new term: Tsunshun (ツンシュン), a character who shows depression in addition to coldness and hostility, usually after the latter.
Old 2012-01-13, 10:45   Link #58
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Wonder who's the other tenant though (HanaKana's master)?
There's actually a few tenants who haven't popped up yet but I'd imagine they'll show up in the next few episodes, do you want me to PM you anyway?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 12:39   Link #59
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
What still scares me is the existence of a Gashadokuro out of all things. It tends to haunt me whenever I see a skeleton.

Something to calm you down
Old 2012-01-13, 12:42   Link #60
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Something to calm you down
I'll probably be a perfect partner with Nobara-san

Tags
romance, shounen