AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-17, 20:43   Link #21
Decel

Aye, I probably share the same taste as you; I'm currently reading Pastel and Open Sesame. Pastel especially is very refreshing since I'm currently in a phase where I don't want to keep track of who/what/when where type of story. Pastel however, seems to be dragging on...

Marmalade Boy one of my first anime/manga, and it's relationship map has marked a scar in my complexity tolerance level

I found out as I read various manga that my priority hierarchy is the following:
Art > Story > Character development > definite ending (as opposed to open ones)

Anyhoo Hot Gimmick is 12 volumes + "Hot Gimmick S" alternative ending (got that info from wikipedia). I'm wondering if we'll get that "S" alternate here in N.-A.
Old 2006-04-17, 21:35   Link #22
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
Thank God for Akane x Subaru. I'd have died a long time ago from the angst if it weren't for them. xD They're just so cute.

As for which guy I prefer, it's definitely Shinogu. He was always putting Hatsumi's happiness first. Whereas Ryouki, though he does love her, he's just too selfish and possessive. And Azusa; I like how he's developed and is now just Hatsumi's friend.

Hot Gimmick S is a novel so there may be a lesser chance that it gets licensed by Viz.
Old 2006-04-18, 01:17   Link #23
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
Hot Gimmick S is a novel so there may be a lesser chance that it gets licensed by Viz.
Novel as in, no images?

Dang I wish someone would translate it. I'm the type of person that hates to leave a work without having all stones unturned.
Old 2006-04-20, 21:35   Link #24
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
I think so.

Hopefully Viz will license it 'cause I really want to read the alternate ending too. They could pick it up; they do translate novels (Kamikaze Girls, Socrates In Love, Full Metal Alchemist) so there's still hope...!
Old 2006-05-03, 19:17   Link #25
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

This is an interesting read at the least.

The story/characters annoy me to the point where I want to read more, well, just because. Although I love the art!
Old 2006-05-03, 23:48   Link #26
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
Thank God for Akane x Subaru. I'd have died a long time ago from the angst if it weren't for them. xD They're just so cute.

As for which guy I prefer, it's definitely Shinogu. He was always putting Hatsumi's happiness first. Whereas Ryouki, though he does love her, he's just too selfish and possessive. And Azusa; I like how he's developed and is now just Hatsumi's friend.

Shinogu is a great guy and all, but him hooking up with Hatsumi is just a little too weird, especially since it's come practically out of nowhere for her (despite his longtime feelings for her).

I'm still all for Ryoki x Hatsumi though, because thats been the main coupling since the start and its the coupling i've come to love.
Old 2006-05-04, 04:24   Link #27
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
I enjoy this manga..... it must appeal to my sadistic side

The wait is just too long for Hot Gimmick vol11 & 12
Old 2006-05-04, 11:27   Link #28
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
Shinogu is a great guy and all, but him hooking up with Hatsumi is just a little too weird, especially since it's come practically out of nowhere for her (despite his longtime feelings for her).

I'm still all for Ryoki x Hatsumi though, because thats been the main coupling since the start and its the coupling i've come to love.
After reading the first 8 volumes (I have up to 10, I'm just slow...), I have to say that I'd root for Azuma > Shinogu > Ryoki in that specific order.

Despite the near gang-bang incident, I think that Azuma's the nicest guy of the bunch and basically Hatsumi's first crush. Shinogu would be ok but the whole brother thing is a bit odd, and needs clearing. I don't think Hatsumi will ever see him beyond a big brother.

Ryoki's a difficult case. He can be sweet and you know that he cares for her. But he needs serious reprogramming in terms of actions towards her to be acceptable. Unless Hatsumi's a closet masochist that is. Right now that new upper-class girl seems to fit him best.
Old 2006-05-04, 12:18   Link #29
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
Despite the near gang-bang incident, I think that Azuma's the nicest guy of the bunch....
You mean apart from trying to gang rape her he is good looking so she should forgive him....

Ryoki may be an 'interesting' character but is not basically evil like some of the others and at least knows what he wants!
Old 2006-05-04, 12:59   Link #30
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
You mean apart from trying to gang rape her he is good looking so she should forgive him....

Ryoki may be an 'interesting' character but is not basically evil like some of the others and at least knows what he wants!
I view the near mass-rape incident as more of a sudden loss of control on his part more than anything. I can't say that he realizes or fully feels regret at this point, but by vol.8 the possibility of him trying such a stunt again is virtually non-existent. This incident is clearly the only dent in the relation, though the dent itself is about the size of Mount Everest.

As for Ryoki, even though he clearly loves her, his actions towards her is definitely worst since he doesn't realize his erronous ways. Yelling, kicking, beating, ordering is no better than what Azuma tried to pull since he's been doing it over an extended period of time. Also don't forget: Hatsumi herself stated that Ryoki tried to pull the same stunt (with a smaller order of magnitude) Azuma did.

As I've said, if Ryoki significantly changes for the better, then he'll truely come out on top. As it currently stands though, so far she's little more than a possession to him, no matter what he feels for her.

Shinogu feels like the guy who will come second no matter what...
Old 2006-05-06, 01:03   Link #31
misakichii

is this manga really good? i read a little preview of it and it sounds really interesting.
Old 2006-05-06, 01:37   Link #32
Diedrupo

It's sort of like Hana Yori Dango, so yeah I think it's good. Only difference is that the main character is weak willed and generally worthless (a complete 180 from HYD's main character). Despite that, it's still a great read and even more reason to root for Ryoki.
Old 2006-05-20, 23:35   Link #33
Ai Genin

Send a message via AIM to Ai Genin Send a message via Yahoo to Ai Genin
Where is the new Hot Gimmick?!

Does anyone know why this has been delayed? T_T This is very upsetting...
Old 2006-05-21, 00:25   Link #34
Decel

Which volume?
Old 2006-05-21, 01:25   Link #35
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
You have a Hot Gimmick thread for this kind of questions...... Just check.

edit : looks like a mod did it for you...

Last edited by raphaël; 2006-05-21 at 15:07.
Old 2006-05-21, 12:27   Link #36
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Genin
Does anyone know why this has been delayed? T_T This is very upsetting...
don't think its delayed, the next vol is still scheduled for June?
Old 2006-05-21, 12:36   Link #37
Ai Genin

Send a message via AIM to Ai Genin Send a message via Yahoo to Ai Genin
Volume 11... I know that I was buying it at the same pace as Hana Kimi...
And the release date for awhile was February, then March... then June. I was just wondering what was up. : /
Old 2006-05-21, 12:55   Link #38
Decel

Ah, maybe some typical delays.

I just hope Vol 12 comes out before XMas. I'll probably get both at the same time.
Old 2006-05-21, 13:26   Link #39
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai Genin
Volume 11... I know that I was buying it at the same pace as Hana Kimi...
And the release date for awhile was February, then March... then June. I was just wondering what was up. : /
maybe they want to strategically schedule it, since there's only 2 vols left? I dunno...
Old 2006-05-26, 11:08   Link #40
Suzuhiko
Vaseline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I view the near mass-rape incident as more of a sudden loss of control on his part more than anything.
Lol he was planning it for ages! Tbh anyone who could even think of doing that is seriously twisted, especaily to someone who who didn't do anything wrong in the first place. I know he was eventually gonna show the tape to Hatsumi's dad and thereby get his revenge but come on! If he wants revenge on the father he should do it directly without hurting anyone else in the process.

Anyway I'm kind of rooting for Shinogu although I doubt she'll end up with him. If the manga goes down a predictable path she'll probably end up with Ryouki. I just feel so bad for Shinogu though...he's such a nice guy and probably loves Hatsumi the most out of all of them. Granted it's a bit weird since they were family but he isn't related to them so it's not all that bad. Plus it's not as if going out with Ryouki doesn't have it's problems *cough* Tachibana Okusan...
Closed Thread