AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-17, 20:07   Link #2221
kitten320

Has it really been 3 years already?! 0_0

Time sure flies fast...
Old 2013-02-17, 20:13   Link #2222
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Has it really been 3 years already?! 0_0

Time sure flies fast...
and are they close to One Piece yet??

..and they're still ugly...
Old 2013-02-17, 20:50   Link #2223
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Having "Bishounen pirates" would fit the story more then?

But seriously... I think One Piece's unique art perfectly fits this story about pirates. I am happy that it has not the same "boring" art that 99% of harem-romantic-comdies share.

Well... IF you can get used to it. If you begin now it is quite late. Then you probably already got spoiled by cristal clear HIGH DEFINITION 1080p anime... or Manga consisting only of Bishounen and Bishoujo.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:01   Link #2224
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

But seriously... I think One Piece's unique art perfectly fits this story about pirates. I am happy that it has not the same "boring" art that 99% of harem-romantic-comdies share.

Well... IF you can get used to it. If you begin now it is quite late. Then you probably already got spoiled by cristal clear HIGH DEFINITION 1080p anime... or Manga consisting only of Bishounen and Bishoujo.
Well, its our just our opinion... no need to get mad...

..and aren't you supposed to be glad that what we dislike is loved by everyone as the thread title says?
Old 2013-02-17, 21:05   Link #2225
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:

Typical 'you complain the soup is soup is too salty? here, let me pour you a jarful of salt'. There are other art style out there you know? Why do you immediately refer to that specific one?

Though I kind of agree that the art style does kind of fit with the overall nuance.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:07   Link #2226
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Well, its our just our opinion... no need to get mad...

..and aren't you supposed to be glad that what we dislike is loved by everyone as the thread title says?
Well... if I started listing what anime I don't like/hate... I would break the hearts of a lot of people accidently

(.........or maybe... intentionally )

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Typical 'you complain the soup is soup is too salty? here, let me pour you a jarful of salt'. There are other art style out there you know? Why do you immediately refer to that specific one?
Because I hate it and haters gonna hate?
Well or maybe I am just bored and like to bully romantic comedies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Though I kind of agree that the art style does kind of fit with the overall nuance.
Now for all eternity I have proof that someone agreed with me on this!

Please note that this was written at 03:00 in the night and I tend to get into troll mood at such a time.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:11   Link #2227
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Well... if I started listing what anime I don't like/hate... I would break the hearts of a lot of people accidently

(.........or maybe... intentionally )
Nah, you can't break them.... they're fans after all...

One or three didn't break me when they complained about my KoiChoco... hahaha! Coz my bet won!!!
Old 2013-02-17, 21:12   Link #2228
Eragon
Still Alive

If people started taking some random person's subjective opinion to heart then we might have a problem, wouldn't we?
Old 2013-02-17, 21:15   Link #2229
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
If people started taking some random person's subjective opinion to heart then we might have a problem wouldn't we?
Bingo! here's a cookie!

Old 2013-02-17, 21:18   Link #2230
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
If people started taking some random person's subjective opinion to heart then we might have a problem wouldn't we?
But that is exactly what happens here. We are in the "forumz" after all where anonymity exists and we are not scared to reveal our honest "not polically correct" opinion.

Also many people tend to ignore the negative sides of a bad anime. If someone tries to reveal these flaws to them... well as GenjiChan said, they will not get disillusioned...

INSTEAD they get a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH and start to become aggressive in defending their "perfect anime".

(note: i edited my other post above)
Old 2013-02-17, 21:26   Link #2231
Eragon
Still Alive

Well, there is criticism and there's bashing. I'm aware of oblivious who don't want to hear anyone pointing out the flaws(as they may be) of their loved shows. In the same vein, I'm also aware of trolls(can't come up with another word right now) who bash a show for absolutely anything it does or doesn't do. So, the finger points both ways - I'm terrible at phrases >_>

Anyway, members of AS are most of the time pretty tolerant of both those groups. If it wasn't so, this thread would've been locked up a long time ago.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:26   Link #2232
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

GreyZone: Anonymity only works when everyone is named Anonymous. Here, everyone has a name attached to it, so you are not truly anonymous. One can say "Anonymous is a d-bag" in 4chan and no one gives a hoot about it (well, mostly), but if you say "<insert user name> is a d-bag" in AnimeSuki, then you just called a specific person a d-bag.

That said, I don't think I liked One Piece's art in anyway. Hiro Mashima's art is more tolerable, but only because the "normal mode expressions" of his characters are less distorted than those of Oda's.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:31   Link #2233
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Anonymity only works when everyone is named Anonymous. Here, everyone has a name attached to it, so you are not truly anonymous. One can say "Anonymous is a d-bag" in 4chan and no one gives a hoot about it (well, mostly), but if you say "<insert user name> is a d-bag" in AnimeSuki, then you just called a specific person a d-bag.
Did something stupid? No problem! Just delete your account (or if not possible just let it "rot") and either leave the website alone forever or create a new account with a new name attached to it!

See? If the person can withstand the hate enough to come up with this, then it is no problem to become anonymous again.

Well I always thought dragon Ball's art is actually not very good and praising it may just be nostalgia bias, but that is just my opinion.

That said.... I am NOT mainstream, anti-mainstream or hipster

and for now i am done. It is around 03:30 now and i have to get up early tomorrow.
Old 2013-02-17, 21:33   Link #2234
Eragon
Still Alive

I'm more pissed at the voices - so to say. Specifically Luffy's. I was going to continue One Piece a while back and then I heard his voice and instantly dropped it.
Old 2013-02-18, 01:14   Link #2235
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I have to admit: I agree with the other members here that it's much more difficult to feel emotion for a character when he has a most ridiculous-looking face....

How can you make something sad or serious if you can't stop laughing at his face? It's impossible!
Old 2013-02-18, 01:27   Link #2236
kaemiko chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I've never been able to get into One Piece too much because of the huge amount of volumes it has (I think about 70) and the fact it will get a lot longer (probably 100). I was going to get into it when I heard about Ace's Execution arc but then the series returned to its typical story arcs. I don't hate it, I'm just indifferent.
That's exactly the same reason why I won't follow One Piece any more... it was not bad at the beginning but then became an endless story.... that's too much for me
Old 2013-02-18, 01:32   Link #2237
kaemiko chan

Speaking of the anime that I don't appreciate at all: Hell Girl .....
Old 2013-02-18, 03:17   Link #2238
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Why you no like Hell Girl? She's so cute!!

No, really, I want to know. I kinda have an idea of why but still, sometimes, its fun to know why someone doesn't like a show you adore - or if you have got nothing else to do
Old 2013-02-18, 05:03   Link #2239
Shyni

I gave up Hell Girl after the second season. Not because I though it was bad, but because I felt that was already enough of an ending, and I wasn't all that interested in the anthology aspect anyway. That was years ago, though.
Old 2013-02-18, 05:16   Link #2240
kitten320

Why instantly Bishounen? It clearly would not work here.
Art style like FT, Naruto and Bleach would do well.

OP really suffers from its distorted art.

Talking about long lasting series... looks like Hajime No Ippo hit a 1004 chapter

That's much more than One Piece... I really don't get authors. Don't they have any other ideas they would like to realize?

Regarding Hell Girl, I find it too episodic. To top it most of the characters are morons and pull the string for everything even though problems could have been avoided.