AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 01:50   Link #101
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

can someone spoil the ending to me please. i plan to watch it in one go but it seem the ending is not worth of wait

Old 2012-03-23, 01:51   Link #102
rpgkiller999

All I got from the ending:

Gai: Save Inori!

Shu: I will die with her! Oh wait, only Inori died.
Old 2012-03-23, 01:54   Link #103
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

good points :
good finale... so Gai is taking responsibility to free Mana...
glad to see Mana's human side once more
at the end, we can see everyone matured a lot

bad points :
Daath still left unexplained... is it a will?? organization?? person???
Arisa still alive??? wtf!!
Inori die!!! WTF!!!!
Shu still alive and forever alone??!!! DAMN!!!
No Daryl x Tsugumi?? NOOO!!!!
no Ayase X Shu as well??!!!!

who is Earl Gray????

to make this ending better, it's better to put Inori being alive again and approach Shu in that garden....
this ending conclude that Shu is still try to remember Inori a lot by hearing her song... that's just like the old Shu who can't ever move forward

I agree with opinion about Guilty Crown should end in episode 12... that ending is lots BETTER than this one

8/10... I don't like to give a bad rating but this is bad enough for me
Old 2012-03-23, 01:58   Link #104
bevan
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
good points :

bad points :
Inori die!!! WTF!!!!

who is Earl Gray????

to make this ending better, it's better to put Inori being alive again and approach Shu in that garden....
this ending conclude that Shu is still try to remember Inori a lot by hearing her song... that's just like the old Shu who can't ever move forward

I agree with opinion about Guilty Crown should end in episode 12... that ending is lots BETTER than this one

8/10... I don't like to give a bad rating but this is bad enough for me
Earl Grey is a type of tea.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:06   Link #105
bimbim

What? shu is blind, crippled and forever alone?
he really deserves a good ending with inori, not to mention funnell got a wife and children now...
so MC got the bad ending and that robot got the good ending? that's sad...
Old 2012-03-23, 02:09   Link #106
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevan View Post
Earl Grey is a type of tea.
LOL... thanks

so if they make an OVA, there is a high possibility for Shu X Ayase to happen...
Old 2012-03-23, 02:20   Link #107
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nah episode 21 is a big hint already that Shu X Ayase can happen, and Ayase is slowly getting in love with Shu too anyway

as predicted its either Shu and Inori that is gonna die and in this case Inori is the one that died

my only complain is that this last 2 episodes could have been at least 4 more episodes to give the fighting scenes more focus and give me more excitement but that did not happen, well back in my corner of still waiting for the next Gurren Lagann that has action packed ending besides a good story ending
Old 2012-03-23, 02:32   Link #108
Aqua Knight

Still making Shu blind was a really stupid idea.
I liked all the episodes of CG, but the ending really sucked.

7/10 for overall series.
If the ending was better, I'd give it 8.5/10.
Even TTGL ending is better. But ME 3 is worse of course
Old 2012-03-23, 02:40   Link #109
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
good points :

bad points :
Inori die!!! WTF!!!!

who is Earl Gray????
Captain Jean-Luc Picard would like to have a word with you.

Speaking of which, the Star Trek fan in me just loved the use of Earl Gray tea, lol.

But like yourself, I was disappointed at no Ayase X Shu given that Inori died. If Inori dies but Shu lives, then Ayase/Shu makes a lot of sense to me, and would strike me as a good romance for both.

This was a really rough ending from a shipping perspective.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:41   Link #110
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

He was indoctrinated!!! The ending with him in France is all an illusion...

By the way, it was a messed up ending. Shu was going to die with Inori but Inori bailed him out in the end, only one of them had to die for everyone.

In the end, he ends up blind for some reason. Psychosomatic? His brain blocks out his sight so the last thing he sees gets burned into his brain forever.... Inori's face.

The Da'at is still out there. Gai said that Daath and the Da'at won't stop trying to bring Mana back to life. She'll never be free until she fulfills her role, apparently.

Shu inherited Gai's void genome... you see it's symbol on Shu's hand when Gai passes. Shu may still have hidden powers... oh no.

Shu may very well end up with Ayase.

All the douchebags were saved by Inori's sacrifice.

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-03-23 at 03:11.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:42   Link #111
c^2

A fitting end, following perfectly the course charted by the writers. Which were terrible. It was enjoyable in the beginning, but at some point the flaws reached critical mass, and never stopped compounding. The last episode is in the same vein: nothing follows logically, nothing is explained, and everything is ridiculous to the point of it being comical. Who else laughed out loud when 3 years later, the city was perfectly restored? When all is said and done, it is hard to care about anyone or anything in this series, and I for one won't be looking back.

It is such a shame that the excellent character designs, art, and voice talent are utterly wasted here. At least the music stands on its own.
Old 2012-03-23, 02:45   Link #112
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by c^2 View Post
A fitting end, following perfectly the course charted by the writers. Which were terrible. It was enjoyable in the beginning, but at some point the flaws reached critical mass, and never stopped compounding. The last episode is in the same vein: nothing follows logically, nothing is explained, and everything is ridiculous to the point of it being comical. Who else laughed out loud when 3 years later, the city was perfectly restored? When all is said and done, it is hard to care about anyone or anything in this series, and I for one won't be looking back.

It is such a shame that the excellent character designs, art, and voice talent are utterly wasted here. At least the music stands on its own.
They moved to France, I believe. They sort of kept where they ended up vague. Looks like it's supposed to be France because of the Eiffel Tower looking structure in one shot.

Japan got completely demolished... I doubt they could rebuild in 2-3 years.

Yeah, the ending is a big letdown. Is has all the pizzazz of a music video but nothing else. Lots of flash, little substance. I wished that when a studio commits to a project that has the production values of Guilty Crown that they really, really iron out the script. The overall series could have benefited from less filler and more exposition.
Old 2012-03-23, 03:17   Link #113
Allium
Keep on keeping on

What a disappointing final episode. It was just so flat. I would probably have felt something for Inori if her character had been expanded upon a bit. Instead, I ended up feeling something for Shu, who obtained the Void, became involved in Funeral Parlor, got his arm chopped off, lost Inori and eventually lost his sight. Poor guy, really.

The confrontation between Shu, Gai and Mana, and Haruka and Keido was boring. The crystals, lights and all were nice to see, but overall the scene just fell flat, with everything being resolved too easily. Gai should have never been resurrected; even if he had been resurrected, he should've been made a zombie instead. I find his character before and after his "death" in episode 12 too jarring; they could have been clones/twins.

The episode wasn't completely bad though. The music placement was great; I enjoyed the scene when 'Release My Soul' played, and I'm glad that they chose Departures as the ending theme.

My main problem with this episode is that since there wasn't a proper build-up or development for the characters, I can't really feel anything for them, so when the series ended I was left with an empty feeling, as if GC was a typical Hollywood action movie, and not consisting of 22 episodes.

I rated Episode 22 5/10. It wasn't to my taste, and well, I'd probably expected something better to end the series, but this is GC, after all...
Old 2012-03-23, 03:20   Link #114
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
After sleeping on it, I decided to give this ending a 8/10.

It did leave much to be desired in some areas, but it could have been a lot worse (imo), and it looked/sounded great at least. I still love Dark Magical Girl Mana.

One thing that I thought was particularly nice was how this episode tied back into the very first episode of the series, specifically Inori offering a Cat's Cradle to Shu. I do tend to like it when anime narratives go full circle, so this was a nice touch.

Also, this end was better than the ones that No. 6 and C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control had, imo, so it looks like noitaminA sci-fi shows are slowly improving at least. It might be just baby steps in the right direction, but at least it's some improvent, lol.

My biggest complaints are the same as what many other viewers have:

1. Too rushed.

2. Best characters died and/or suffered great loss, worst characters got happy endings and often no lasting loss at all, with a few exceptions (I'm very glad Ayase and Tsugumi managed to get happy endings).

3. In particular, giving Shu blindness seems cruelly excessive to me. The guy went through virtual hell, and lost Inori. Do we really need to make things even worse for him? I haven't seen a major character get screwed so bad since I watched Madoka Magica.

4. Some events/happenings could have been explained better.

Still, these are my only major complaints, after sleeping a bit on this episode. It wasn't a great ending, but I've seen worse.
Old 2012-03-23, 03:41   Link #115
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. In particular, giving Shu blindness seems cruelly excessive to me. The guy went through virtual hell, and lost Inori. Do we really need to make things even worse for him? I haven't seen a major character get screwed so bad since I watched Madoka Magica.
Probably School days main character, but.....is a bastard then ^^

Here I give 8/10 to the whole series and 6/10 to ep 22

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-03-23 at 10:56. Reason: spoiler comment removed
Old 2012-03-23, 03:43   Link #116
fazri
blacksun king

so in the end shu sacrifice many thing.
he lost someone he love.
he lost the light or his eyesight.

but this makes me thinking to make fanfic shu and ayase after the end this anime.
Old 2012-03-23, 03:54   Link #117
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

This episode would probably have been much better if it showed Ayase taking care of Shu at the end. Sorta like the girl from KGNE after her best friend went into a coma

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2012-03-23, 04:24   Link #118
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
Watched another time....

No way i can like this ending......

Bah enterainment finished, let's aim for anotehr show XD
Old 2012-03-23, 04:42   Link #119
Chase

Pretty hefty price Shu paid. Went blind, lost an arm and lost Inori. Now just listening to her songs alone by himself. Some how i think it would have been better just to let him and Inori die together. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually goes nuts. Arisa survive? What lesson did she learn in all this?

Overall for the show: 7.5. I think thats a fair score from me. It served its purpose for me as im a sucker for the sci-fi element. That it got a passing grade on. I also love the music here. The rest was only ok to me.
Battlefield 4
Old 2012-03-23, 05:16   Link #120
c^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One thing that I thought was particularly nice was how this episode tied back into the very first episode of the series, specifically Inori offering a Cat's Cradle to Shu. I do tend to like it when anime narratives go full circle, so this was a nice touch.
It is usually a nice touch, but in this case it just feels like one of the countless random bits thrown in for whatever effect. Even in the end, we are left wondering just what significance the Cat's Cradle has. I did like the first scene, though it would have been nice if there was more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Pretty hefty price Shu paid. Went blind, lost an arm and lost Inori. Now just listening to her songs alone by himself. Some how i think it would have been better just to let him and Inori die together. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually goes nuts. Arisa survive? What lesson did she learn in all this?
Agreed, though after the writers most forcefully dragged Shuu through his stupid phase, it is hard to even care. The blindness was just more over the top, unexplained random nonsense.
Closed Thread