AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 23:26   Link #121
Vicious108

Neither. If Tomoe hadn't intervened, Kenshin would just be dead.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 02:28   Link #122
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow! first the news of the re-animation of the Tokyo Arc and now a new PSP game?

I don't know where all of this renewed love for Ruroni Kenshin is coming from but i'm really happy for it xD!

So much amazing characters xD! I want to play every character but mostly Shishio Makoto ...best.. mob boss ...EVER!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 03:27   Link #123
Vicious108

Um, the arc that's being re-animated is Kyoto actually and the "new" PSP game already came out nearly a year ago (it's also not very good).
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 04:38   Link #124
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Um, the arc that's being re-animated is Kyoto actually and the "new" PSP game already came out nearly a year ago (it's also not very good).
A bit too late, tough xD!

When the Kyoto OVA's gonna be releeased?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 14:55   Link #125
Engels

Hello,

I have a question. If the anime of Rurouni Kenshin premiered after about a year the manga had been on publication, then why there exists filler so early? The series couldn't have possibly got so close to the manga to the point that there need to be filler episodes after episode 12. Did the anime producers figure that the anime would get too close to the manga if they continued to adapt it straightforward, and therefore make the filler episodes in advance to avoid reaching that point?
Engels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 15:54   Link #126
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
Hello,

I have a question. If the anime of Rurouni Kenshin premiered after about a year the manga had been on publication, then why there exists filler so early? The series couldn't have possibly got so close to the manga to the point that there need to be filler episodes after episode 12. Did the anime producers figure that the anime would get too close to the manga if they continued to adapt it straightforward, and therefore make the filler episodes in advance to avoid reaching that point?
Don't trust me too much, but in a year probably five volumes from a weekly manga can be released. The Kyoto arc didn't even begin when Kenshin's anime started. As a result, the anime staff tried adding fillers (which were quite ridiculous) while some stories like Sanosuke's friend from the Sekihotai were extended. Something similar happened to Raijuta's arc.

The big problem with the Kyoto arc is that Kenshin's battles tend to avoid filler since they aren't Dragon Ball characters who can fight for fight episodes, they couldn't extend them. Once the anime finished the Kyoto arc finished in the anime, the Jinchu's arc was still ongoing. As a result, we had more fillers (I think 30 episodes!) but the anime staff still wanted to adapt the Jinchu arc with the ending "1/3 Pure Heart Emotion" showing cameos of Tomoe. Sadly, I don't know what happened with the anime: Or the anime resigned from it or the manga still had to finish.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2017-04-08 at 16:13.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 20:20   Link #127
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The Kyoto arc didn't even begin when Kenshin's anime started.
The problem with this theory as I see it, is that the first opening already shows an image of Shishio. If that's the case, then the Kyoto was at least beginning in the manga when the anime started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu View Post
The big problem with the Kyoto arc is that Kenshin's battles tend to avoid filler since they aren't Dragon Ball characters who can fight for fight episodes, they couldn't extend them.
This part seems confused. Can you clarify it?

Quote:
Once the anime finished the Kyoto arc finished in the anime, the Jinchu's arc was still ongoing.
This part too.

Quote:
As a result, we had more fillers (I think 30 episodes!) but the anime staff still wanted to adapt the Jinchu arc with the ending "1/3 Pure Heart Emotion" showing cameos of Tomoe.
That's really cool info, I didn't know that!

Quote:
Sadly, I don't know what happened with the anime: Or the anime resigned from it or the manga still had to finish.
I see.
Old 2017-04-11, 20:33   Link #128
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

"The Kyoto arc didn't even begin when Kenshin's anime started."

They show Saito and a brief image of him. Maybe they were by volume 8 considering that's when Shishio made his reveal.

"The big problem with the Kyoto arc is that Kenshin's battles tend to avoid filler since they aren't Dragon Ball characters who can fight for fight episodes, they couldn't extend them."

Sorry, I meant, for five episodes. Watsuki tries to make some fights realistic with Kenshin vs Saito lasting three manga chapters more or less due to wounds (In Dragon Ball Z, there is an entire episode of Goku receiving a beat up by Frieza but Toei didn't care). The anime tried expanding it a bit more.

"Once the anime finished the Kyoto arc finished in the anime, the Jinchu's arc was still ongoing."

The Jinchu was apparently in the starting point, not in the middle. Other than that, the arc was quite long
Old 2017-04-11, 20:59   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m surprised Kuromitsu haven’t jumped on this thread-necro yet considering how many times she spammed “upcoming anime”-threads with “I want Jinchu-arc adapted!!!!!”-posts .

Anyway, yeah, I remember that “1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou”-ending during the Shogo Amakusa arc and I thought “Yeah, we’ll get the Jinchu-arc for sure!!”…………....Nope. The TV series ended after the Feng-Shui arc . But I was very grateful that we got Tomoe’s story in the form of the excellent and more-realistic Tsuiokuhen OVA that gives more punch.
Old 2017-04-11, 21:09   Link #130
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Who knows? If the upcoming Hokkaido manga arc (which is set after Jinchu) is successful then we might get a reboot like Hunter x Hunter.

I liked the Tsuiokuhen OVAs but the Seisouhen ones even irritated Watsuki.
Old 2017-04-11, 21:29   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I respect Seisouhen for the ballsy and bittersweet (alternate?) ending it provides which is normally found in live-action samurai flicks. Oh, and it was a technical marvel. I watched the BD-sub of it and it looks gorgeous. It’s has movie-quality animation that easily eclipse even RK The Motion Picture.
Old 2017-04-11, 21:32   Link #132
Engels

Quote:
"The Kyoto arc didn't even begin when Kenshin's anime started."

They show Saito and a brief image of him. Maybe they were by volume 8 considering that's when Shishio made his reveal.
Actually, if you look closely, they show an image of Shishio, which is even more later than Saito in the manga (albeit not much, given that Saito's story is the first act of the Shishio arc). So the anime must have started after Shishio's first appearance in the manga.

Quote:
"The big problem with the Kyoto arc is that Kenshin's battles tend to avoid filler since they aren't Dragon Ball characters who can fight for fight episodes, they couldn't extend them."

Sorry, I meant, for five episodes. Watsuki tries to make some fights realistic with Kenshin vs Saito lasting three manga chapters more or less due to wounds (In Dragon Ball Z, there is an entire episode of Goku receiving a beat up by Frieza but Toei didn't care).
Okay, I get it now.

Quote:
The anime tried expanding it a bit more.
You are talking about Rurouni Kenshin or Dragon Ball Z?

Quote:
"Once the anime finished the Kyoto arc finished in the anime, the Jinchu's arc was still ongoing."

The Jinchu was apparently in the starting point, not in the middle. Other than that, the arc was quite long
Okay, but what actually confused me was that you typed ''finished'' 2 times in this sentence, so it was confusing: ''Once the anime finished the Kyoto arc finished''. English is not my first language, but it just sounds odd.

P.S.: Ignore my stupid username, I registered this account when I was 15. I hope to change it, if I find that that's possible.

Last edited by Engels; 2017-04-11 at 22:01.
Old 2017-04-11, 21:39   Link #133
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I feel Jinchu arc was the weakest part in Rurouni Kenshin aside Kenshin past and his conflict with his ex-bro-in law.
The villain in Jinchu arc are so underwhelmed compared to Shishio army probably because those people are just mercenary in the end.

I wonder after rurouni kenshin hokkaido arc ended will we get sequel with that new boy as mc.
I wouldn't mind that since Kenshin chapter has completed, no need to expand and give him a bad ending.

Quote:

P.S.: Ignore my stupid username, I registered this account when I was 15. I hope to change it, if I find that that's possible.
Uuuuh is Engels a bad name?
anyway if you want to change your username, just go here lol
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...09#post6063709
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 21:42   Link #134
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:

You are talking about Rurouni Kenshin or Dragon Ball Z?
Kenshin's fight against Saito was a bit expanded in the anime with some added details like Kenshin losing his ponytail. Still, it lasted less than 15 minutes. Even one of the ending videos for the Kyoto arc had the entire duel between these two. I think the longest fight in the entire series was Kenshin vs. Shishio since everybody gather to fight.

Also, Roxis the Hokkaido arc was planned by Watsuki in the 90s but he aborted the idea since he was tired of writing so much. About the Jinchu arc, I think even the author said in volume 24 that the series jumped the shark due to... you know... about Kaoru. Also, I think the villains from the Jinchu could have at least have more depth due to their connections with Kenshin's old enemies. Still, I think only Enishi and Koujinar---I totally forgot how to write it--- were the only ones developed.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2017-04-11 at 21:53.
Old 2017-04-11, 22:31   Link #135
Engels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
that new boy as mc.
Mc? What's that?

EDIT: I know now. Mc = main character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Uuuuh is Engels a bad name?
anyway if you want to change your username, just go here lol
https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...09#post6063709
Thanks!

Last edited by Engels; 2017-04-11 at 22:49.
Old 2017-04-11, 22:35   Link #136
Engels

Quote:
Even one of the ending videos for the Kyoto arc had the entire duel between these two.
What ending videos?

Quote:
About the Jinchu arc, I think even the author said in volume 24 that the series jumped the shark due to... you know... about Kaoru.
--SPOILER ALERT--! (Don't know if that's necessary for a 20-year-old series, but in any case...)

You're talking about Kaoru's ''fake death'' (never read the Jinchuu arc, but I plan to)?

--END OF SPOILER--

Sorry for the double post, I had no other way of answering both posters!
Old 2017-04-12, 03:26   Link #137
kuromitsu

Quote:
About the Jinchu arc, I think even the author said in volume 24 that the series jumped the shark due to... you know... about Kaoru.
But he didn't say it jumped the shark at all? He just said that he could've done better on that and he understands if his readers are disappointed, but he chose to go the way he did because of his commitment to a happy ending. From what I remember the only thing he regretted about that arc was making up a villain group again instead of focusing solely on Enishi... but he eventually ended up doing that, anyway.

I think the Jinchuu arc is great, Enishi is a great antagonist (probably even better than Shishio, given the particular nature of his grudge and the way he goes about his revenge), and it's a crying shame that it was never properly adapted.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 08:48   Link #138
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

From what I remember about Watsuki's notes in volume 24

Spoiler for probably more spoilers to Engel:
Old 2017-04-16, 20:06   Link #139
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

BTW, when the Hokkaido arc begins should we talk in this thread?
Old 2017-04-17, 10:58   Link #140
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
BTW, when the Hokkaido arc begins should we talk in this thread?
Manga thread. I assume there is one?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, shounen