AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 52 46.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 36.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 13.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-02, 15:14   Link #21
Falkor

Just finished episode 05…

The beginning was more heart-warming than usual, but the situations in the second half were very confusing/unexpected with both Ai-chan and Hiromi taking the spotlight. Noe, on the other hand, is still the wacky one of the show, as opposed to her brother who is more willing to force a great misunderstanding on Shin’s part. The second conversation between Shin and Hiromi grabbed my attention. Her personality seemed out of place with the way she was reacting to his words, though it might be a misconception from my part since I did not completely understand it—the text message and her thoughts in particular. The greatest surprise of the show has to be Ai-chan. She finally started to take action with something that was quite unexpected from her (and what a cliffhanger). A great episode nonetheless with more intriguing clues/hints than anything else and a perfect setup for what it’s coming next.

The scene at the beach was really beautiful. The combination of warming colors, the sky and the clouds, the movement of the waves, and the background music all worked very well to instill the importance of what little time they were spending together.

The preview seems to indicate great drama for the upcoming episode. Nazuka Kaori’s voice was really wonderful saying that line. I’m very impatient now…

Last edited by Falkor; 2008-02-02 at 15:38.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:50   Link #22
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Just done watching episode 5 of True Tears

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Last edited by margafred; 2008-02-02 at 17:07.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:03   Link #23
ThoHell

Spoiler for Episode 5:

SOMEONE stab Shin's mom with a SPOON for me. Yes a spoon! Next episode should be really good, can't wait!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-02-02 at 16:20.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:44   Link #24
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The way the episode ended was dramatic in sort of a down to earth way. Which was kind of nice. Yeah it looks like things will be quite interesting in terms of episode 06.
Old 2008-02-02, 16:48   Link #25
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:

SOMEONE stab Shin's mom with a SPOON for me. Yes a spoon! Next episode should be really good, can't wait!
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-02, 17:46   Link #26
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I can't believe I'm seeing a anime where the characters change emotions every episode. Awesome! ~

* runs around the room in joy ~

Hiromi seems to be disturbed by something, can't figure it out just yet.
Must be something more to the mother relationship then just rivalry.

Aiko was intresting this episode as well.
Out of all the characters she seems to be walking on fire at the moment.
Revelations coming soon... I hope.

ps. I loved that double scene they pulled to show both sides, awesome stuff.
No question, it's not just Shin's perspective we're meant to see...
Old 2008-02-02, 18:11   Link #27
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudninja View Post
Spoiler for about the spoiler above.:
Well, this is the first episode I rate a perfect . the view from both side perspective was a masterpiece. Aiko cliffhanger was awesome, if there were still any doubters about who she loves, you will become a believer. Now I am beginning to pity Nobuse...just a little, muahahaha. I don't think Aiko will end with Shin, but Nobuse will not end with Aiko either. She is too awesome to stay in a pity relationship.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:57   Link #28
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I can't believe I'm seeing a anime where the characters change emotions every episode. Awesome! ~

* runs around the room in joy ~

Hiromi seems to be disturbed by something, can't figure it out just yet.
Must be something more to the mother relationship then just rivalry.

Aiko was intresting this episode as well.
Out of all the characters she seems to be walking on fire at the moment.
Revelations coming soon... I hope.

ps. I loved that double scene they pulled to show both sides, awesome stuff.
No question, it's not just Shin's perspective we're meant to see...
Actually now that I think about it, should could be using Shin as a measuring tool for whatever she is making for her "boyfriend". She seemed more intimate with him in this episode than the rest, her "boyfriend" that is, but that last scene with Shin makes you wonder...
Old 2008-02-02, 19:00   Link #29
Chewy

Maybe it's because I wasn't paying full attention while watching, but who exactly is Tomoyo referring to in that e-mail to Hiromi ?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I get what's going on now. There's only one person it could refer to that would explain Hiromi's reaction in her room.
Old 2008-02-02, 19:54   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Actually now that I think about it, should could be using Shin as a measuring tool for whatever she is making for her "boyfriend". She seemed more intimate with him in this episode than the rest, her "boyfriend" that is, but that last scene with Shin makes you wonder...
For me, it is pretty obvious that she is making it for shin though some can argue the opposite. It is strange though - if she didn't "like" nobu then why did she agree to make him one in the first place. Maybe that was her initial intention which changed to shin after measuring him

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-02, 20:46   Link #31
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
For me, it is pretty obvious that she is making it for shin though some can argue the opposite. It is strange though - if she didn't "like" nobu then why did she agree to make him one in the first place. Maybe that was her initial intention which changed to shin after measuring him
It is obvious for me that she will either make two or just one and will give it to shin.
Old 2008-02-02, 21:17   Link #32
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
It is obvious for me that she will either make two or just one and will give it to shin.
if she was making 2 then why

Spoiler for ep5:

It's obvious what her intentions are.
Old 2008-02-02, 21:30   Link #33
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
if she was making 2 then why

Spoiler for ep5:

It's obvious what her intentions are.
Spoiler:

Next episode seems to be much more centric for Aiko
I hope we get some info in regards of how poor Aiko ended that way.
Old 2008-02-02, 22:32   Link #34
Triker

Spoiler for for episode 5:

Spoiler for for preview:
Old 2008-02-03, 01:19   Link #35
ThoHell

Yeah Noe felt like she was lied to when she saw Shin and Hiromi going home together, but she has yet to learn that they live together. When she does, that will either ease her or disturb her...
Old 2008-02-03, 04:45   Link #36
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Yeah Noe felt like she was lied to when she saw Shin and Hiromi going home together, but she has yet to learn that they live together. When she does, that will either ease her or disturb her...
Her reaction to that is going to be interesting. Also one gets the feeling from Noe that eventually her seemingly rosy situation will develop thorns. Episode 05 may in fact be the start of it. Yeah I know, I need a better analogy.
Old 2008-02-03, 06:35   Link #37
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Another wonderful episode. That's the fifth in a row, out of five.

I'm kinda irritated by Shin's behaviour. At least ask before hooking up persons like that. However he did it with the best intentions and Hiromi's "Meddlesome guys look like stupid" is just the right label for him. But, while Shin definitely committed seppuku on proposing Jun to date Hiromi, I don't think it is the worst path for Hiromi and Shin at the moment.
Let's put it this way: a Shin x Hiromi pair can not form right now because there's a huge hurdle in their way: Shin's mother. If they should pair now, most likely she would kick Hiromi out of the house.

So I think it is better if the story takes alternative roads for the moment, while the so far biggest conflict of the show (Shin's mother - Hiromi's mother --> Hiromi) is resolved, or at the very least exploited.

It's been a while since the last time I had a harem show where I liked the 3 main girls almost equally. Well, I do admit I have a slight preference for Hiromi, but it's in the "100% liking (Hiromi) versus 99% (Noe) versus 99% (Ai)" range. The writers have really done an excellent work so far.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-03 at 07:17. Reason: typo!
Old 2008-02-03, 07:12   Link #38
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Another wonderful episode. That's the fifth in a row, out of five.

I'm kinda irritated by Shin's behaviour. At least ask before hooking up persons like that. However he did it with the best intentions and Hiromi's "Meddlesome guys look like stupid" is just the right label for him. But, while Shin definitely committed seppuku on proposing Jun to date Hiromi, I don't think it is the worst path for Hiromi and Shin at the moment.
Let's put it this way: a Shin x Hiromi pair can not form right now because there's a huge hurdle in their way: Shin's mother. If they should pair now, most likely she would kick Hiromi out of the house.

So I think it is better if the story takes alternative roads for the moment, while the so far biggest conflict of the show (Shin's mother - Hiromi's mother --> Hiromi) is resolved, or at the very least exploited.

It's been a while since the last time I had a harem show where I liked the 3 main girls almost equally. Well, I do admit I have a slight preference for Hiromi, but it's in the "100% liking (Hiromi) versus 99% (Noe) versus 99% (Ai)" range. The writers have really done an excellent work so far.
I am the same way, I like all the girls. in my case I got 90% Hiromi, 90% for Noe and 100% for Aiko. Aiko gets the 10% extra percent just because she needs to be rescued from Nobuse!
For the love of all that is good someone save her from that guy!
Old 2008-02-03, 08:20   Link #39
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
good episode, i particularly appreciated the sequence where you can see the same scene throu the 2 protagonist PoV.
Noe's reactions are still not clear to me weither she concider shin a potential romance partner or just a friend. i found her way to tell him she found out he lied to her and that she forgives him very subtle and nice.
aiko's actions are very similar to shin's she is unable to shake off nobuse and to clear the misunderstanding, she is digging herself just like shin is unable to express his toward hiromi and digging himself with the stupid bet with jun.

as for commiting sepuku when offering to hook up hiromi with jun i think my thought would need to go to the speculation boards

edit : might be going a bit too far. but isnt the sweater aiko bought the same as the one hiromi wears (when she gets scold by shin's mother and told she isnt to be by his side).
after this episode i highly doubt shin/hiromi are blood related, her attitude is more of a payback to the daughter of the woman that stole the guy she loved.

Last edited by D a m i e n; 2008-02-03 at 08:31.
Old 2008-02-03, 10:07   Link #40
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
might be going a bit too far. but isnt the sweater aiko bought the same as the one hiromi wears (when she gets scold by shin's mother and told she isnt to be by his side).
Spoiler for Image:

Not really the same. But there's definitly something to this sweeter thingy. Well, japanese fetish, I guess.
Closed Thread