AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 23:02   Link #221
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Just a head's up. There is no such thing as a Holy Stone. Plant42 pointed out in the novel thread some time ago that it is just a mistranslation of the Holy Right, due to similar kanji (石 - stone; 右 - right). This means that the power used to seal Satan/Lucifer was the Holy Right, and the thing being sealed by Imagine Breaker must be far greater than Satan/Lucifer since it managed to scare the bearer of the Holy Right who has just reached the status of La persona superiore a Dio.
Old 2010-12-03, 06:14   Link #222
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Just a head's up. There is no such thing as a Holy Stone. Plant42 pointed out in the novel thread some time ago that it is just a mistranslation of the Holy Right, due to similar kanji (石 - stone; 右 - right). This means that the power used to seal Satan/Lucifer was the Holy Right, and the thing being sealed by Imagine Breaker must be far greater than Satan/Lucifer since it managed to scare the bearer of the Holy Right who has just reached the status of La persona superiore a Dio.
Fiammas not the only one. Toumas right hand is a holy right hand with imagine breaker in it while fiamma has the power of Micheal in his. Though not totally sure he has one since he has to have a third arm for his power.

Also, thanks for pointing out the mistranslation . It starts making more sense now
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 08:01   Link #223
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

well if you see wiki it says that 上 was changed to 神, since the shinto gods are within and not above the world, maybe that gives toumas"kamijou" a even higher meaning.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:53   Link #224
tsunade666

It is sure for Fiamma to have a holy right but the manifestation of his power. Is the manifestation of the third arm which represents the power of archangel Micheal. As for touma's special or holy right hand. the power it manifest or hols is the power of the imagine breaker and it doesn't need the another medium to materialize it. Unlike Fiamma which form another hand as a materialization of power.
Old 2010-12-05, 22:29   Link #225
Miraluka
Banned

Both born with a special holy right hand, Touma has the IB acting as a seal of the thing hidden within it while Fiamma has the power of Michael within him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 22:01   Link #226
judasmartel
*Author

I have always thought that Touma is actually the Lucifer's vessel or prison. We know that Lucifer was defeated by Archangel Michael and was sealed in his prison by Michael's Holy Right.

But I never thought it would be discussed like this here. I don't understand this part, though.
If the thing inside Touma is indeed Lucifer, does it mean that "the blessings of God", or Touma's luck is being cancelled due to him being a vessel for a fallen angel?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 00:05   Link #227
tsunade666

first and foremost the thing inside Touma is still nameless and it still not confirmed as Lucifer.

Then second it's not even compared if it's really the reason of his luck because before he entered academy city his luck is really bad to be even called plague. His bad luck even brought forth accidents but when he entered academy city. The bad luck only happens to him or been trimmed down A LOT.

so it's also debatable on since when he get the or is IB a born with ability for him but if so it can't explain the events occurred or what really is IB? is it a seal or a power and what's inside Touma and also who is kamijou Touma.

but first and for most before we even start talking about Touma............. this is Index thread and not Touma so let's not hijack her thread for that discussion.
Old 2011-04-05, 01:49   Link #228
judasmartel
*Author

Hope to see Pendex again.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-05, 21:16   Link #229
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Nice save bro
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 21:33   Link #230
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
So do I. Also I would like (and hope) to see more of the plot relating her with those gods of magic... and need more info about those crimson wings too.
Old 2011-05-17, 01:46   Link #231
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Or better yet, Index needs to defeat a named character in a 1v1 fight.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 09:56   Link #232
Miraluka
Banned

It has to be a known character? Or a new one?
Old 2011-05-17, 10:28   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It has to be a known character? Or a new one?
Doesn't matter.

We've already seen her take out random mooks and golems, but like the of case of a certain magical boy in Nanoha series, people don't care how valuable you are plot-wise until you get your own fight scene 1v1.
Old 2011-05-21, 09:47   Link #234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know why it took me so long to find out, but apparently that weird 2/4-ish symbol that was in Index's mouth is the astrology symbol for the planet Jupiter.

Old 2011-05-21, 10:02   Link #235
Miraluka
Banned

Jupiter also represents the leader of the Olympic Gods from the greek mythology.
Old 2011-08-01, 08:43   Link #236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To fully expressed how there is pretty much absolutely nothing else better to do in this subforum, I've actually went and take a look at tvtropes' character page on Toaru... It's pretty addictive I must admit- I can see why you guys like to use it... Anyway I've found some abnormalities that I thought was weird and I wanted to see what you guy think...

Spoiler:
Old 2011-08-01, 09:32   Link #237
Miraluka
Banned

Frickin' Laser Beams: EELS, she did use it on the first volume, in the anime did as well, remember?

Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Don't know but there in the narrative says things like:

Quote:
Thinking you could take her on 10,000 to 1 was still being naïve.
Taking her on 1 to 1 was just plain stupid.
Stripperific: There is another word for her nudity gags?

Tranquil Fury: When she is JP mode she can be bothered (by Stiyl) yet there is no expression on her face.
Old 2011-08-01, 09:56   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Frickin' Laser Beams: EELS, she did use it on the first volume, in the anime did as well, remember?
Fair enough, I thought that was still Dragon's Breath.

Quote:
Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Don't know but there in the narrative says things like:
But that has nothing to do with the revelation that Touma lost his memories, the explanation made it sound like Pendex when on a rampage because she learned about his lost memories.

Quote:
Stripperific: There is another word for her nudity gags?
The description given for stripperific refers to a female character's dress code, and that it's 'impractically sexy for its chosen application'.

How is Index's nun clothes impractically sexy for it's chosen application?

Quote:
Tranquil Fury: When she is JP mode she can be bothered (by Stiyl) yet there is no expression on her face.
I was question the connection that learning about Touma's memories had anything to do with this.
Old 2011-08-01, 10:40   Link #239
Miraluka
Banned

Of course, those needs some fix.
Old 2011-08-01, 13:12   Link #240
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Most of the people on TVTropes that edit the To Aru page are biased against Index so it odesn't surprise me that there are discrepancies.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote