AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 14:33   Link #1321
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
here it is, seriously this has to be one of my favorite moments in needless
Ok, thanks, shadowii, I'll rep you later.

So let's analyze the talk:

-Mio states she was saved by someone. At the same time she denies it was her who saved him.

-A few days later, Cruz found Eve and Disk. Disk told him how she and Eve were blasted away, with Disk losing her body in the process and Eve suffering serious injuries, but Doppelganger saved her.

In other words, this means that ONLY Cruz and Mio were saved by those warm hands, but why just them?

We have a hint. Jus after Mio told him how she survived the explosion, she stated she found Cruz nearby stuck on the ground.

But the important detail remains being this one. Only Cruz and Mio were saved by the pair of warm hands.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:40   Link #1322
Sekirei07

They were also at very different places when the blast happened so they shouldnt have ended up in the same place. Mio is by far the safest person Cruz could have ended up with, hell she is one of the only people to call him Cruz.

Seems like the blast separated them in a certain order. Seto and Solva with a powerless Blade. Eve and Disk since Eve is a idiot. Teruyama and Gido (most likely so that maybe Teruyama can improve with Gido's help)

Only person left is Cruz and I cant think of anyone better than Mio.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:40   Link #1323
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
no no what I was saying from the quote was that I do not believe Saten wants to kill Cruz. The post I had quoted said that Arclight wants Cruz alive and you said that Saten would be the one person not to follow that order, making it sound like you are saying that Saten WILL kill Cruz. Thats just how I took what yea wrote.

I just think Saten has little interest in Cruz and is all about the Eve. He probably did not want Cruz to die because that would make Eve hate him even more.
If that's what you think, then you need to learn reading japanese, it will solve some doubts of yours.

Shadowii let the link with the page where it's shown how high is Saten's interest with Cruz.

When I said that he wants to kill him, I don't mean in the context he really wants to kill him but his secret motives behind that. Basically, he doesn't want to kill him, but has to put him in certain death situation in order to make his body react and see what happens.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:44   Link #1324
Sekirei07

kk, it seems Aruka has some interest along those lines now too. Atleast to see how far Cruz can go
Old 2009-11-24, 14:51   Link #1325
Homura7

Quote:
kk, it seems Aruka has some interest along those lines now too. Atleast to see how far Cruz can go
Yup, she too. Though she said something awaits at the other side of the wall she blown. Well, she's testing him afterall, to see if he can survive the situation.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:56   Link #1326
shadowii

^
okay guy now that the saten argument is cooling down i have a question.

Can you guys gage missing link fragments well? Missing links are supoosed to be stronger because they use more of the brain but how the hell can Uten have been stronger than Hatfield (although the flashback where he slaughtered the resistance members was pretty impressive)? Really how many missing links have we seen thus far?

The elite four obviously
and Japanese wiki says that Mio is one too

It just confuses me (cant believe Hatfield wasnt a Missing Link he crushed two needless and a giant robot by himself)

Uten said that all Missing links report to simeon. And Arclight said that Eve's fragment was on the same level as the missing links rather than calling her one. Do you think that could mean that missing links are fragments that have been altered somehow. We saw in Needless Zero 2 how Ruri got a huge powerup and became arclights own "eve"
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:02   Link #1327
Homura7

Quote:
^
okay guy now that the saten argument is cooling down i have a question.

Can you guys gage missing link fragments well? Missing links are supoosed to be stronger because they use more of the brain but how the hell can Uten have been stronger than Hatfield (although the flashback where he slaughtered the resistance was pretty impressive)? Really how many missing links have we seen thus far?

It just confuses (cant believe Hatfield wasnt a Missing Link)

The elite four obviously
and Japanese wiki says that Mio is one too

Uten said that all Missing links report to simeon, Do you think that could mean that missing links are fragments that have been altered somehow. We saw in Needless Zero 2 how Ruri got a huge powerup and became arclights own "eve"
Missing Links are those type of fragments that, despite the rule remains, allow them to use special properties creating confusion and making people believe they have more than one fragment. That's Missing Link.

Uten was one. His fragment allowed him to make people believe he could fly, create barriers or make objects appear out of nowhere. Saten too. Because termal energy can be manipulated in many forms, he can unleash ice, wind, fire...

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-24 at 15:21.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:31   Link #1328
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
Missing link is just a more basic power, as with anything that is basic can go more then 1 ways. Specialized powers got greater weakness like Fire being useless vs water and so on.
As a Basic power like absorbtion has few weaknesses same as moving molecules. Power on the other hand is rather robust and would only be helpless vs ranged fighters with psychic power. Even vs ranged projectiles (Mio who uses power) can use something big as a bat to knock things out of the way. I must say that Setsunas power isnt that special she can never win vs defencive typs with armor or ranged fighting such as graviton or Magnetic powers.
I think in general all the powers should be re-valued with each fighter they fight against since no oponent is the same unless they are regular humans wich are weak!

Cruz's possible power for the first time seems valid after that huge fall from that cliff, all the others could be seen as mysterious aid from a unknown or devine intervention. But taking in perspective with that fall where no mysterious person/auro or hands are visable hes ok.

Saten is a mystery and also a lead character, all the badguys still alive have a story to tell, the others like Uten and Hatfield simply die. So this sugests Saten is there for the long run along with Aruka.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 15:54   Link #1329
Homura7

I believe Cruz used Power to survive that fall. At first I thought it could be Gravitation, but with that power, a crater wouldn't have been made in the ground. Plus, I don't know of any other power that hardens your body leaving you with no broken bones.

Also, who do you think will be the next Uten? I believe it will be someone for the long run along with the other three heavenly kings. Former Uten clearly had no story other than his fragment, and for that reason he died so soon.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:01   Link #1330
shadowii

^
i really dont think it was power because of the aformentioned missing link answer, saying he can do it because its a weak missing link is a somewhat unsatisfactory answer.

Also I argue that it could have been none of the powers seen thus far.

As for Uten, whoever's next may be just another fighter of the day before death. Uten is something of an honerary positon used to develop young people into powerful needless (almost like elite four intern). kafka was Uten for a while then when he got to old and had reached his max they replaced him with the magician whose name is unknown. Not my words by the way another member who could read japanese told this back long ago when I asked if Hatfield was the new Uten.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:02   Link #1331
Sekirei07

Something has been bugging me lately, does anyone know who the pink haired girl is in this poster picture for the Needless anime? I just cant put my finger on it.

http://www.animeseason.com/needless/

I can see how Mio can be classified as a Missing Link because of her fragment Power. Her strength, speed, and defense are much greater than most. It basically puts all of her physical attributes on the maximum level. She has shown that she can pretty much be the Juggernaut when she wants too. (easily going through the walls in Iron mountain)

But than again Blade was able to learn it easily from Arclight so hmm...

I guess it could be categorized in terms of how complex the power is to use, how basic it is in order to cover a wide range of uses, and the benefits it has for the user.

So basically I would go by judging a Fragment by: Level, Skills, Stats

Example being Aruka: Can speed up molecules to the point they lose their form. Doing that creates and insane amount heat (level), since everything that exists is made of molecules that vibrate that can pass vibrations among themselves its area of potential is vast for types of attacks (skills), Her power gives her not only heat resistance but an almost perfect guard from physical attacks since they would incinerate upon contact. (Stats)

When Blade learned Power and Speed from Arclight, he learned the PF Zero version of them right? Since Zero copies the ability of the opponent that uses it, Blade's power and speed should have been greater right? I mean that is how he was able to beat Setsuna in speed even though he is much heavier.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:04   Link #1332
Homura7

Quote:
^
i really dont think it was power because of the aformentioned missing link answer, saying he can do it because its a weak missing link is a somewhat unsatisfactory answer.

Also I argue that it could have been none of the powers seen thus far.

As for Uten, whoever's next may be just another fighter of the day before death. Uten is something of an honerary positon used to develop young people into powerful needless (almost like elite four intern). kafka was Uten for a while then when he got to old and had reached his max they replaced him with the magician whose name is unknown. Not my words by the way another member who could read japanese told this back long ago when I asked if Hatfield was the new Uten.
Being Missing Link doesn't mean he can't unlock. Some are easier than others. For example, Telekinesis, now that's hard to unlock.

As for Hatfield, no Missing Link-> No Uten.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:05   Link #1333
shadowii

^
sekirei07
if you mean the butterfly bell girl her name is Clochette. I also asked this long ago. she is from the Needless Audio drama "reversal brain" named after her fragment. She is from the Simeon intelligence office and has the power to reverse peoples personalities.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 16:21.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:09   Link #1334
Homura7

Quote:
When Blade learned Power and Speed from Arclight, he learned the PF Zero version of them right? Since Zero copies the ability of the opponent that uses it, Blade's power and speed should have been greater right? I mean that is how he was able to beat Setsuna in speed even though he is much heavier.
No, Blade didn't learn anything from Arclight, all the contrary, he lost all his powers.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:09   Link #1335
Sekirei07

Thats a fairly potent power, maybe Blade accidentally ran into her during his younger days. Priest to Lolicon seems like a fair reversal lol
Old 2009-11-24, 16:10   Link #1336
shadowii

observe a quote that was made in 2009-09-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ah! "Reversal Brain".

Could she be the one that made Blade that way? Since he was a gentle-priest back in the day...Haven't herd/DL the drama cd's yet.
heres the exact spec
She's a SIA(Simeon intelligence agency) and her fragment "Reversal Brain" is a power that can make a target to 270 degree personality reversed(such as the Goth-loli Eve in that picture).

heres what that means by the way.

So it takes her brain being reversed 270 degress to get her to fall for Cruz, good to know.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-11-24 at 19:39.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:12   Link #1337
Homura7

I was going to point to that quote too. Then, does that mean Blade fell in Simeon hands?

I don't know if his personality made a 270º or a 180º.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:12   Link #1338
Sekirei07

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
No, Blade didn't learn anything from Arclight, all the contrary, he lost all his powers.
I thought they had a little skirmish outside the building (before everyone went inside) where Blade learned both power and speed.

Also its said Blade and Arclight lost their powers when they connected, but Blade used VSLB combo after they connected. So it was the PF Zero blast that must have done it right?

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45010/19
Old 2009-11-24, 16:15   Link #1339
Homura7

Quote:
I thought they had a little skirmish outside the building (before everyone went inside) where Blade learned both power and speed.

Also its said Blade and Arclight lost their powers when they connected, but Blade used VSLB combo after they connected. So it was the PF Zero blast that must have done it right?

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45010/19
No, it was Teruyama doing VSLB combo.

http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/read-online/45010/18
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...9?t=1259097278

It's the only attack he learned after losing all his powers.

Also how the hell could Blade learn power and speed when Arclight lost his powers too? I say again, learn to read japanese.
Old 2009-11-24, 16:18   Link #1340
Sekirei07

Oh, so he relearned it after seeing it again.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen