AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 7.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.23%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-19, 06:47   Link #61
Bordix

Last week's episode was all about ankles. Now its all about dem thighs. You got to wonder what next episode's fetish will be, huh.

Anyway I enjoyed the episode. My only complain is the lack of Hei, but it still turned out to be a solid episode so I'm happy with it. I must say Yin is starting to creep me out with all the humming, killing, and the floating hairdo.
Old 2009-12-19, 06:50   Link #62
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It was an ok epsiode, It kinda dragged on with suou and the dr, The Americans showing up was interesting but wasn't explored thoroughly enough. Will be interesting if they take control of the doctors body and use ME on him.

At this point i think its gonna be a cliff-hanger ending with the way the plot development has been handled.
Old 2009-12-19, 09:45   Link #63
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Last week's episode was all about ankles. Now its all about dem thighs. You got to wonder what next episode's fetish will be, huh.

Anyway I enjoyed the episode. My only complain is the lack of Hei, but it still turned out to be a solid episode so I'm happy with it. I must say Yin is starting to creep me out with all the humming, killing, and the floating hairdo.
Don't forget about the belly button.

Kudos to dad for getting disgusted with Genma after his pedo remarks and then try to kill him.
Old 2009-12-19, 11:02   Link #64
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm peeved that the Dr died from a leg wound (understandable although he lost blood really fast) yet Genma survives a freaking headshot with an anti tank rifle! It's not even like he's a fan favorite or anything, he'd better be important in the next episode.
And kudos to everyone who called that Shion was a contractor from birth, I didn't see that coming since I thought he was born a bit before the gates showed up.
Old 2009-12-19, 13:00   Link #65
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I'm peeved that the Dr died from a leg wound (understandable although he lost blood really fast) yet Genma survives a freaking headshot with an anti tank rifle! It's not even like he's a fan favorite or anything, he'd better be important in the next episode.
And kudos to everyone who called that Shion was a contractor from birth, I didn't see that coming since I thought he was born a bit before the gates showed up.
Well, he got hit in a major pipe in the leg from the heart. Heart---->Aorta--->Common Iliac---->External Iliac---->Femoral

No way to stop that gushing without surgery.

Isn't it interesting that Suou is folding stars now and not cranes?
Old 2009-12-19, 13:28   Link #66
Narutaro

no one is asking about the addition to mitaka document?
'When it becomes full, Izanami will reach her final month of pregnancy'
english is not my first language, but does that line said Izanami is pregnant, or does it say that Izanami is close to being born/awakened
Old 2009-12-19, 13:53   Link #67
elyK

Misaki stated that when Izanami and Izanagi meet the gate of hell will open and a being will come forth and cause strife for eternity; I wonder who that might be? Could we possibly see this happen in the next episode? Ah, so many questions, so little time.
Old 2009-12-19, 13:55   Link #68
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I hope that it means that something new is about to be born... it will be very ....very WTF if yin were pregnant... even when mao said something about Hei thinking that he made Yin the way she is now..... (freaking pregnancy hormones hehehehe)
Old 2009-12-19, 14:12   Link #69
Sigsig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanehei View Post
I hope that it means that something new is about to be born... it will be very ....very WTF if yin were pregnant... even when mao said something about Hei thinking that he made Yin the way she is now..... (freaking pregnancy hormones hehehehe)
that'd make it totally hei's fault
Old 2009-12-19, 14:58   Link #70
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I must say Yin is starting to creep me out with all the humming, killing, and the floating hairdo.
Hmm...

I thought it was actually nice hearing Yin humming the piano song from the first season. ^-^;
Old 2009-12-19, 15:58   Link #71
Kallen4life

OH MY GOD of he really did make her pregnant

about what happened in that Siberia really - WHAT happened ? )) I didn't understand anything .. who was there when the metor fell and what happened then ? .. and also - what about Suou ? she died in the same incident where Mao lost his body - Shion made her a clone body and they stuffed all her memories there - but added new ones ? like aquarium + her being in Siberia when the Meteor fell - why ? .. and what did they mean by copies having one detail different ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2009-12-19, 16:04   Link #72
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Kudos to dad for getting disgusted with Genma after his pedo remarks and then try to kill him.
unfortunately, for a guy who taught his kids marksmanship he had pretty bad aim
Old 2009-12-19, 16:37   Link #73
RedWing

Hei seemed pretty suprised that they moved Yin and were waiting for hime. Wouldn't that be the most obvious thing, since they know he took Youko? Suou should've killed Genma, and her father has TERRIBLE aim.

I'm really hyped for the black contractor because the move from season 1 to 2 was too big. I don't get how Yin became so important all of a sudden, or this Mitaka Documents or whatever. Can someone help explain.
Old 2009-12-19, 18:16   Link #74
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
OH MY GOD of he really did make her pregnant

about what happened in that Siberia really - WHAT happened ? )) I didn't understand anything .. who was there when the metor fell and what happened then ? .. and also - what about Suou ? she died in the same incident where Mao lost his body - Shion made her a clone body and they stuffed all her memories there - but added new ones ? like aquarium + her being in Siberia when the Meteor fell - why ? .. and what did they mean by copies having one detail different ?
The one who "impregnates" Yin is Izanagi (Shion) not Hei. The meeting place is the aquarium space that Shion is waiting at from the Mitaka document. Perhaps they already met and that's why Shion is unconscious and no fish in the tank when Suou arrived. Earler in the ep Yin was on her way to meet someone. It was prob Shion imo.

When the meteor fell, only Shion and dad was present. Something caused Shion to attempt to make a copy of himself. Maybe he thought that he was going to die. Shion can not do exact copies. His copies will have a flaw that distinguishes them from the original. This copy's flaw was that it was female and so was called "Suou" in memory of the sister who had died. Suou had memories placed in her to make up the lost time and an aquarium memory that Shion added for a reason other than a gift to his "sister".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
unfortunately, for a guy who taught his kids marksmanship he had pretty bad aim
Well emotions run high when you think some weirdo is after your son. Or it could be that that version was also a copy. Dad did say that the copies had one flaw in them. Suou's flaw was that she was female and not male as a true copy of Shion would be. Maybe this version of dad had markmanship issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Hmm...

I thought it was actually nice hearing Yin humming the piano song from the first season. ^-^;
As she leaves a trail of dead bodies without a thought about what she did. Her evolution wasn't a positive one for her probably. She's got a screw loose imo.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-19 at 18:54.
Old 2009-12-19, 18:37   Link #75
velvet nightmare

who determines izanami and izanagi? wasnt she just a regular doll to begin with? unless her 'evolution' automatically makes her izanami
Old 2009-12-19, 18:48   Link #76
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
who determines izanami and izanagi? wasnt she just a regular doll to begin with? unless her 'evolution' automatically makes her izanami
Well Shion was born that way. He makes almost exact copies apparently. The real Izanagi made "new" creations not copies. Technically, he's not a true Izanagi if you count Suou's gender as a flaw of his copying abilities imo.

Yin's got those advanced observer spirits that kill (shikome) and killing ability that Izanami has. That was prob thru evolution imo. She deserves her Izanami title imo.
Old 2009-12-19, 22:49   Link #77
Hobbit
. . .

I don't think that Shion is the one who "impregnates" Yin. Also, it was said that when the moon becomes full, Izanami would reach her final month of pregnancy. In the beggining of the ep. we saw a half moon already in the sky.

And as Oirelle said, it seens that it was Hei who trained Yin. Probably it is all the guilt that he is aware of.

About leaving a trail of bodies... well, they don't seen to be best friends, right? I can't remember of Hei thinking about each of the contractors that he smashed. The man is just a tractor smashing everyone. In S1 they at least got 2 epi, now he just get them in one, even half episode if they are dumb enough.
Old 2009-12-19, 22:53   Link #78
Atmospheric
Dango Time~

For no reason in particular, Madam Oreille taking down that contractor who was on the roof made me giggle. I kind of assume that she'll end up dying, even though I quite like her. Ariel and Bernice kind of bug me though, they aren't kawaii

Suou vs. Genma huh? I don't really see how he survived that shot in the head, is the concrete really that heavily enforced? =x Hmm, does anyone know what his obeisance is anyways? I don't think they revealed it, or maybe I just didn't notice.
Old 2009-12-20, 00:37   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Interesting ep, not as good as last week but fun. July with a harem, Oreille in what - a Barbarella costume? Pavlichenko men dead or dying everywhere, Genma revealed as a shotacon, Hei possibly decapitated. No one could say they didn't get a lot done.
Old 2009-12-20, 05:16   Link #80
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
So, I get that the PTRD's a WWII relic....but it's still an anti-tank gun. Can a little bit of concrete Genma was using as a helmet really stop that?
Despite having the ability to punch through 50mm armored plating, the PTRD was primarily used to take out the treads of tanks, instead of disabling or destroying them directly via a shot into their engines. The thing's supposed to be a one-shot deal though, as it became easy to spot where the sniper was afterwards if the tank wasn't disabled.

Though, Genma's survival could also be explained by plot-armor, since he knows our (un)friendly neighborhood CIA-contact.