AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-19, 05:29   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well their kids, when the only thing that keeping them sane and hopeful is gone and the reasonable authority figure can't be trusted anymore, madness and hysteria will take over.
This can end badly like Lord of the Flies or it might just end like that other novel with the same premise by the author of Starship Troopers where instead of everyone killing each other, everyone decides to be sane & reasonable & try to make the best of the situation by helping each other.
Old 2009-11-25, 18:00   Link #22
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This makes for a good read. Although some of it is a little dumb, the rest is really fun. Good suspense too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
Spoiler for spoilors:

Anyway , this isn't a bad series. The ecchi feels kinda misplaced though. As does the pseudo-romance.
Kinda reminds me of Lord of the Flies so far , with the betrayals and stuff that happens in recent chapters.
It's going to see how it plays out in the end.
The ecchi is incredibly misplaced. It was really, really bad in the beginning, where it was. The ecchi itself its good though, lol.

The romance is eh, its a little obvious so there isn't much driving it. I'm not reading this for the romance, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
But I still im really curious on what happen and where they are... I mean did they enter a time warp and go too the past... Or is this just a hidden Island from the world where they just happent too come upon.
We don't know anything and that's what makes it fun...so far.

Quote:
Lost was a fun series and is still a little bit fun, Its just the way Lost has turned up too be makes it a bit stupid. I mean time travel lol.
Lost is awesome! I may have gone down a bit in quality in some areas but the story is great. And what's wrong with time travel? If done right, its always great. It may be random in some series and may be used as a plot device, but it works in Lost and I like their theory how time is fixed and you can't change it no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
pretty decent series. if not somewhat unrealistic, though I'm sure theres still time for that....if you get my drift.
Old 2010-01-21, 14:43   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 21 - 24 came out & the latest translated chapters were... very disturbing.
Spoiler for 21-24:
Old 2010-01-21, 15:52   Link #24
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This is one of the manga I was checking out other day other being Let's Lagoon, thing is I don't really see why I'm posting in here but felt I needed to say something about it, maybe get something off my chest.

Well it was a decent read at first but then I got to a point where I thought "think this is a waste of my time" but kept going anyway, then I got to that part with the dude leaving the group with the teacher, at that point I just faceplamed.
I'm sure someone could argue a reason behind it all but I would just ignore it cause I fail to see any good reason for them to leave.
Strength in numbers is what I thinking here, given the circumstances but seems for japanese survival stores do know that or just ignore it for crazy story stuff.
Well I decided for the sake of it I would read till the end of the scans and nothing changed my mind about dropping this afterwards, in fact I think as I kept reading on it just fuelled my desire to drop it for sure.

Maybe the influence of watching Lost or my mentality in that I think Americans are great at coming together in times of need, where as Japanese totally fail at doing so(I think thats down to mangas influence over the years-_-) has played a part in thinking badly about all this, I'm not quite sure.
Kinda in the same way I've lost interest in plain old murder/mystery cause of CSI, I love the technical side of it all.

Character's are the usual stuff and well true to my ways I like Kanako best besides her I think only other character I like is Zaji.

as for what I think happened to that lass I think it should be pretty obvious.

well back to wishing and hoping for a continuation of Highschool of the Dead.

nothing like a good nonsense rant
Old 2010-01-21, 15:59   Link #25
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It is definitely unoriginal and has a lot of parallels to other series, but it is still a fun read.

The best is the ecchi - I've never seen such misplaced ecchi ever. Funny ever time.
Old 2010-01-21, 18:28   Link #26
Led_Zeppelin
Achilles Last Stand

Send a message via MSN to Led_Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
well back to wishing and hoping for a continuation of Highschool of the Dead.

nothing like a good nonsense rant
HotD is coming back next month, well there was a big news the other week, and HotD got the Dragon Age cover for the next number and it said that there will be a "big news" about the series. And Triage X is in Hiatus since the last number of Dragon Age.
Led_Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 18:30   Link #27
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Chapter 21 - 24 came out & the latest translated chapters were... very disturbing.
Spoiler for 21-24:
Spoiler:
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 19:49   Link #28
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-21, 20:47   Link #29
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Spoiler:
Thank goodness.

Also MrTerrorist about the "Akira & Kanoko gets kidnapped by a group of Yakuza's.
Said Yakuza's boss is a loli. A evil rich, sadistic, cruel, twisted 10 year old blond loli who's has no problem telling her goons to raped a woman!(BTW the loli also kiss Akira. On the lips.... very awkward.)" remark....

This might be very weird for you too hear this and will cause alot of disappointment among people who are routing LolixAkira.

Spoiler for about the "Loli:
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 21:11   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
It is definitely unoriginal and has a lot of parallels to other series, but it is still a fun read.

The best is the ecchi - I've never seen such misplaced ecchi ever. Funny ever time.
Too big a faceplam moment for me to really continue reading for s**** and giggles.
Got a whole load of better stuff to waste my time on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led_Zeppelin View Post
HotD is coming back next month, well there was a big news the other week, and HotD got the Dragon Age cover for the next number and it said that there will be a "big news" about the series. And Triage X is in Hiatus since the last number of Dragon Age.
well well well seems me thinking about posting in here wasn't as pointless as I thought, thats very interesting news indeed
I can now just hope its what I want to hear
Old 2010-03-15, 07:08   Link #31
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 25-29 are out!
Spoiler for c25-29:
Old 2010-03-15, 07:43   Link #32
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Hahahahahahahha
Spoiler:

Hahahahahahahhahahaha..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 09:18   Link #33
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, that was what I read in doujins of this series, so I wasn't really surprised.
Old 2010-03-15, 12:53   Link #34
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Damn...raping to death. Those guys deserved a more painful end.

And I don't think I've ever seen a lolicon being a trap before. Kind of disappointed, I wanted Rion to have another rival, but we have that new girl, the class president, so it isn't so bad.

This series still takes the cake on oddly place fan service.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:21   Link #35
Iron21

Quote:
Damn...raping to death. Those guys deserved a more painful end.

And I don't think I've ever seen a lolicon being a trap before. Kind of disappointed, I wanted Rion to have another rival, but we have that new girl, the class president, so it isn't so bad.

This series still takes the cake on oddly place fan service.
oh there will be plenty of those later.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 20:53   Link #36
Ryuujin

I'm puzzled at how we went from Cenozoic animals aboveground to Triassic ones below...

Also, way to murder your entire group for no fucking reason, dude. Thanks for that, masked asshole who got this whole mess started.

At least this island seems to have some weird sense of justice, so a thoroughly messy end is likely. Hopefully there's some cynodonts or a gorgon down there somewhere...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 11:36   Link #37
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Chapter 30 came out
Spoiler for c30:
Old 2010-03-29, 12:36   Link #38
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Spoiler for Chapter 30:
Old 2010-03-30, 22:28   Link #39
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Good chapter, next one should be pretty interesting.
Old 2010-03-31, 09:48   Link #40
Ryuujin

Karmic death can't come fast enough for Arita...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, survival