Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 04:29   Link #5621
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I can't imagine 3L rapid infusion of PNSS being good in the long run... that's just putting water and salt in your system. I guess you really wouldn't have a choice in a provincial government hospital.
Oops the 3rd was put to KVO..., its a military hospital by the way. He was nearly unconscious at that time and blood is not that rapidly available in emergency like that, well, he survived though. His other mate was shot in the cheeks and its squirting. After stabilizing, we transferred them for surgery in another hospital.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 10:06   Link #5622
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Hi i got a question of my own if someone around here is thai, what does this mean:

ไม้อะไรอยู่บนบ้าน ?

And how would you answer it in Thai ?
Old 2012-05-02, 13:09   Link #5623
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Why do some of my .mp3 songs replace their own thumbnail with the thumbnail of another song.

Our Song - Taylor Swift has from Disturbed's Asylum album cover.

And all my songs by Hitomi Takahashi has Daft Punk's Alive album cover. >_O I changed it with mp3tag editor but it changes back to wtf.

My Asylum and Alive album are directly extracted from the CD I bought from store, not sure if that makes a diff.

I can imagine a friend scouring my playlist and giving me weird looks if they see the Taylor Swift song with Disturbed cover.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 15:05   Link #5624
NoemiChan
Banned

How long would it take me to I reach Rome if I walk from starting Beijing passing to Bangladesh, ,India, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Spain, France then Italy? Why? Just checking for the accuracy of my plan novel which includes traveling such distance. Please consider rest and sleep as well....
Old 2012-05-02, 16:35   Link #5625
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
How long would it take me to I reach Rome if I walk from starting Beijing passing to Bangladesh, ,India, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Morocco, Spain, France then Italy? Why? Just checking for the accuracy of my plan novel which includes traveling such distance. Please consider rest and sleep as well....
Depends on the pace of the walker. I'm 5'8'' and my cruising pace is about 5km/hr. I have taken hikes between 20-30km before, and it has been quite a consistent pace.

Assuming 06am - 12pm walk, lunch for 1 hr, then another 6hrs walk till dinner, that's about 12 hours of walking per day. At my pace, that would be 60km per day. Use Google to get a rough estimation of the distance you will need to cover, and divide by the daily pace.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-02, 16:36   Link #5626
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Let's assume strictly straight paths between capital cities? Note: numbers will have ',' separating thousands and '.' for decimal. Note 2: Ignoring significant digits.

Distances (by air): http://www.geobytes.com/citydistance.htm
Beijing, China to Dhaka, Bangladesh: 3028 km
Dhaka, Bangladesh to New Delhi, India: 1425 km
New Delhi, India to Baghdad, Iraq: 3162 km
Baghdad, Iraq to Cairo, Egypt: 1296 km
Cairo, Egypt to Tripoli, Libya: 1741 km
Tripoli, Libya to Tunis, Tunisia: 514 km
Tunis, Tunisia to Rabat, Morocco: 1571 km
Rabat, Morocco to Madrid, Spain: 761 km
Madrid, Spain to Paris, France: 1054 km
Paris, France to Rome, Italy: 1106 km
Total distance = 15,658 km

Average walking speed is about 5 km/h.

That leaves a walking time of 3131.6 hours, which approximates to 130.483 days of straight walking.

Let's assume 12 hours of walking per day everyday, leaving 12 hours to do whatever. Then, it would take about 260.967 days.

My math should be correct. But distances may be wrong. Distances may vary based on where in each country you visit and how straight a path you take. Also, you'll be passing through the Himalayas.

Anyways, to find how many days a journey will take, simply take ((total distance)/(speed of travel))/(time per day spent traveling), and remember units are important.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?

Last edited by dragon4dudes; 2012-05-02 at 17:08. Reason: Fixing some stuffs, bolding some numbers, adding sources.
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 16:41   Link #5627
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Why do some of my .mp3 songs replace their own thumbnail with the thumbnail of another song.

Our Song - Taylor Swift has from Disturbed's Asylum album cover.

And all my songs by Hitomi Takahashi has Daft Punk's Alive album cover. >_O I changed it with mp3tag editor but it changes back to wtf.

My Asylum and Alive album are directly extracted from the CD I bought from store, not sure if that makes a diff.

I can imagine a friend scouring my playlist and giving me weird looks if they see the Taylor Swift song with Disturbed cover.
Which media player software are you using?
Old 2012-05-02, 16:47   Link #5628
NoemiChan
Banned

@Skane and Dragon4dudes - I was imagining how long for a huge army (2 million) to reach Rome if they start to march from Beijing.

How about on horseback? From Russia, Greece, Iraq then Beijing?

Thanks!!!
Old 2012-05-02, 17:08   Link #5629
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
@Skane and Dragon4dudes - I was imagining how long for a huge army (2 million) to reach Rome if they start to march from Beijing.

How about on horseback? From Russia, Greece, Iraq then Beijing?

Thanks!!!
First of all, you can multiply those distances dragon4dudes posted at least by 1½ due to geography of the areas in between. I'd bet that the completely direct route is not an option. Second the going somewhere midway through Pakistan gets really rough. It's pretty barren from there all the way to Morocco, apart of a few bits of course. So I'd halve the average walking pace as well. Furthermore I doubt that you'd actually be able or willing to gather a cavalry of 2 million, thus you're left with the pace of the infantry. As a realistic guestimate I'd say it'd take somewhere around 3 years and if you'd have 2 million men on departure, you'd have probably somewhere around 300000 on arrival.

Last edited by escimo; 2012-05-02 at 17:16. Reason: Proofreading a bit. And there's a lot left...
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 17:16   Link #5630
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Which media player software are you using?
Android Music Player on my mp3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
First of all, you can multiply those distances dragon4dudes posted at least by 1½ due to geography of the areas in between. I'd bet that the completely direct route is not an option. Second the going somewhere midway through Pakistan gets really rough. It's pretty barren from there all the way to Morocco, apart of a few bits of course. So I'd halve the average walking pace as well. Furthermore I doubt that you'd actually be able or willing to gather a cavalry of 2 million in, thus you're left with the pace of the infantry. As a realistic guestimate I'd say it'd take somewhere around 3 years and if you'd have 2 million men on departure, you'd have probably somewhere around 300000 on arrival.
Yeah, I agree, the himalayans, alps and deserts through the journey are going to make this much longer. Not to mention soldiers don't sleep on some random rock and wake up and continue going. They take time to load/unload food and have to march together and not randomly straggle. I have no evidence at all but for military, they could be walking ~18 hours a day. Most war diaries talk about the lack of sleep and endless travelling before dawn and after set.

4kmph / 2.5mph is my guess for armoured soldiers.

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-05-02 at 17:28.
Old 2012-05-02, 17:18   Link #5631
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
The only armies I can think of with such an awkward marching plan would occur in the Risk world.

Same assumptions as before, straight path, capital to capital, 12 hours per day.

Horses have 4 different gaits: walk (6.4 km/h), trot (13 km/h), canter (16-27 km/h), gallop (40-48 km/h)

(days are for 12 hours of travel per day at constant speed)
Horseback walk: 2446.56 hours, 203.88 days
Trot: 1204.46 hours, 100.37 days
Canter: 579.93 - 978.625 hours, 48.33 - 81.55 days
Gallop: 326.21 - 391.45 hours, 27.18 - 32.62 days

Distances (by air):
Moscow, Russia to Athens, Greece: 2231 km
Athens, Greece to Baghdad, Iraq: 1933 km
Baghdad, Iraq to Beijing, China: 6300 km
Total Distance: 10,464 km

(days are for 12 hours of travel per day at constant speed)
Human walking: 2,092.8 hours, 174.4 days
Horse walking: 136.25 hours, 136.35 days
Trot: 804.92 hours, 67.08 days
Canter: 387.56 - 654 hours, 32.30 - 54.5 days
Gallop: 218 - 261.6 hours, 18.67 - 21.8 days

@escimo
Thanks for an estimation factor. You could simply multiply the time by 1.5 and that would give you the same result without having redo all that division (assuming you multiplied the whole distance bye 1.5).

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?

Last edited by dragon4dudes; 2012-05-02 at 22:48. Reason: Adding info, fixing typo
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 17:43   Link #5632
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
They take time to load/unload food and have to march together and not randomly straggle.
They have supply ships that drop supplies around Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Iraq so I assumed the soldiers will carry a bit lsser even weapons ( they got a train of supply wagons, siege equipments etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Furthermore I doubt that you'd actually be able or willing to gather a cavalry of 2 million.
Around 300000 cavarly, mostly, Mongolian and Arabian horses to be exact.

My story originally runs a 10 year primarily because of the travel issue but you save me at least 1/3 of the needed years. Thanks again.
Old 2012-05-03, 14:45   Link #5633
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

well if there are trains you can use public transport, and if one can travel around the world in 80 days ,then your journey should be like ........may be 40 days..................just kidding
Old 2012-05-04, 11:24   Link #5634
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have been using Winamp for years and years now, so I have decided to change. Anyone has suggestions for a good media player program?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:33   Link #5635
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I have been using Winamp for years and years now, so I have decided to change. Anyone has suggestions for a good media player program?
I'm using MediaMonkey.
It's nice for handling a huge stack of songs, that you don't have the time to sort yourself.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 11:34   Link #5636
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I'm using MediaMonkey.
It's nice for handling a huge stack of songs, that you don't have the time to sort yourself.
That's good, precisely what I need. I have over 4000+ songs, so.........

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 12:01   Link #5637
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
How long does it take to run a half marathon for a first-timer? (Halloween)
Old 2012-05-04, 12:09   Link #5638
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

2 and a half hours? It all depends on what you do when you're tired. I have friends who jog when their tired, some people stop and walk into a restaurant and eat for an hour and continue running. And first-timer as in you don't run or you don't exercise? A football or basketball player (amateur/junkie) can do that in 1:40:00 hours easily.

I can finish full marathon in 3:20:00~3:45:00. I'm long distance cyclist (running is completely different muscle usage, but the endurance/respiration ability is there).

Marathon people usually finish under 3 hours.

Wear comfy shoes, thick pair of socks and bring 2 bottles of water. The thing I love about marathon is you literally sweat the water off that you never need to pee. (I PEE WITH MY FOREHEAD, PROBLEM?)

*EDIT: Wait what? Halloween? That's not in 5 months D:

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2012-05-04 at 12:20.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:24   Link #5639
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I'm using MediaMonkey.
Ah thanks for reminding me of that tool. When I went to Win7, I thought I'd try the MS Player & Winamp world again. After a year or so I was quietly annoyed but had forgotten what I was using before.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:38   Link #5640
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
That's good, precisely what I need. I have over 4000+ songs, so.........
Heh, I'm currently at about 20,000. It goes without saying, that I don't even know what most of them are. It's just a result of my habit of going after doujin music and the like, which come in big packs of albums (and most of it is crap).

That tool has a huge amount of options and categories you can use to sort your stuff, but it still works fine if you just ignore 95% of them.
I just sort my music in folders after current date + source. Then I manage a couple of playlists with favorites, songs that might not be trash and so on.
I don't ever bother deleting anything that might be remotely good though.

It has the nice effect, that I can switch the player to random and it works like a radio stream, playing music I never knew existed.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious