AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 13:46   Link #1121
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

By Yamato III, the Galmans had some characters with interesting facial hair. Before that most where clean shaven or had just a common style of mustache. Talan (second one on the list...Ghader) was the first one we saw in Yamato II that had more facial hair with a thicker mustache and sideburns.
Old 2012-10-05, 14:01   Link #1122
macdawson

Here's the Concert PV video.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 15:36   Link #1123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One of the interviews seems to suggest that Hilde will be an important character for later in the series. Not sure entirely how at this time. It seemed to be in relation to the idea that in the orignal, we never really saw any Gamilon civilians. Everyone was military in some way. I guess she's our look into civilian life on Gamilas...and maybe what changes Kodai's mind about the war (a reason for his "Victory tastes like ashes" speech)?
Old 2012-10-05, 17:31   Link #1124
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One of the interviews seems to suggest that Hilde will be an important character for later in the series. Not sure entirely how at this time. It seemed to be in relation to the idea that in the orignal, we never really saw any Gamilon civilians. Everyone was military in some way. I guess she's our look into civilian life on Gamilas...and maybe what changes Kodai's mind about the war (a reason for his "Victory tastes like ashes" speech)?
Though even then, it's not exactly standard, since she's not a first class Gamilon citizen. There will be some aspect of making the protagonists actions ambiguous, but I can't help but feel that it'll also partially affirm humanity fighting the Gamilons.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 23:25   Link #1125
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm thinking more in the line of her dead body striking the sympathy cord in Kodai to give his famous speech. Also a reason for Yuki to be crying in that scene. I suppose seeing the body of a young dead girl (that looks fairly human) lying dead on the deck of your ship that you killed with your orders would get to you a bit. Especially with the backdrop from the original scene of a wasted dying planet, pushed over the edge by one last fight. That is if the reasons for the war are still the same as it was orignally. (With there technology and Gamilforming skills....Why Earth? Ehy not a world closer to home? Bad luck?)
Old 2012-10-06, 07:02   Link #1126
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
I'm thinking more in the line of her dead body striking the sympathy cord in Kodai to give his famous speech. Also a reason for Yuki to be crying in that scene. I suppose seeing the body of a young dead girl (that looks fairly human) lying dead on the deck of your ship that you killed with your orders would get to you a bit. Especially with the backdrop from the original scene of a wasted dying planet, pushed over the edge by one last fight. That is if the reasons for the war are still the same as it was orignally. (With there technology and Gamilforming skills....Why Earth? Ehy not a world closer to home? Bad luck?)
Just remember not to say that to LoweGear That'll upset him quite a bit.
Old 2012-10-06, 11:01   Link #1127
GundamFan0083

Quote:
You make some interesting points Ithekro.
That could turn out to be a fantastic, albeit tragic, end to the battle on Gamilas during Kodai's speech.
It certainly would bring the horror of the conflict to its peak, and make Dessler's desire for revenge a lot less petty than it seemed to be in the original.
It's going to interesting to see.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:41   Link #1128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is still the unresolved case of "is Yuki an alien?"

If not, it is just a tease to through us off track, plus she in the original she does look an awful lot like Sasha of Iscandar. To the point that even Starsha makes that assumption. (considereing the focus on the pod/coffin they put in the autopilot center before Yamato left, my guess is that Yuki is not an alien, but may have been there for first contact with Iscandar).

But if she is an Iscandarian, that changes some of the dynamics and reasonings for some stuff that happens later in the series. It doesn't change the results, only the reasons for things to happen. Especially centered around Dessler.

Though it also brings up the curious case of the cousins Miyuki Kodai and Sasha Kodai and how quickly Sasha aged. If Yuki was an Iscadarian, would Miyuki have aged as quickly as Sasha did? Such a plot point could change the family dynamic in Yamato Resurrection...not only for how long Miyuki has been a adult, but also what could happen to Yuki herself (that plot line is unresolved presently, though there is talk of a Part 2 for that film being made).
Old 2012-10-08, 19:53   Link #1129
macdawson

I'm getting a feeling that Hilde will meet a tragic end but in this next chapter. This is all speculative on my part but after seeing the 3rd TV special, there is a scene where she is seen waving, followed by the shot (seen in the trailer) of a Gaiderol firing a missile. Add to this an image featured in one of the new sets of trading cards... I believe that as retaliation for Shultz's failure Dessler will be less than merciful and have Zaltz bombed... and little Hilde will meet an untimely demise. Where this might lead Shultz, if he's still alive by then... Of course, as i said, these are all assumptions on my part but after seing that scene, i just can't shake this feeling.
Old 2012-10-08, 20:07   Link #1130
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was thinking more along the lines of Shultz dying with the scenes of Hilde waving being his last thoughts. His death I think would be from the metal eating cloud. Though I've not seen this special yet, I have seem the image from the trading card which looks like one of those last memories of home a soldier gets before his tragic death.
Old 2012-10-08, 20:12   Link #1131
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I'm getting a feeling that Hilde will meet a tragic end but in this next chapter. This is all speculative on my part but after seeing the 3rd TV special, there is a scene where she is seen waving, followed by the shot (seen in the trailer) of a Gaiderol firing a missile. Add to this an image featured in one of the new sets of trading cards... I believe that as retaliation for Shultz's failure Dessler will be less than merciful and have Zaltz bombed... and little Hilde will meet an untimely demise. Where this might lead Shultz, if he's still alive by then... Of course, as i said, these are all assumptions on my part but after seing that scene, i just can't shake this feeling.
Something like that probably wouldn't contribute to Kodai's "Victory tastes like ashes". Seeing the Gamilons summarily glass one of their own client planets merely for them failing isn't gonna make us feel very sympathetic when we see Gamilon get hit by a wave motion engine.
Old 2012-10-08, 20:43   Link #1132
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"The horrors of war" message was intact without much to any real sympath for the Gamilon the first time around. However by the second season Dessler made us sympathetic for him and his people so that by the third season we as viewers can feel conflicted about "who is the enemy" in relation to Dessler and his people. Even more true if you take into account the New Voyages movie.

They might decide not to follow that path at all, but given the care they have taken with putting in lots of elements from the later seasons into 2199, I can't think they would alter Dessler's potental path. Especially considering how popular he was.
Old 2012-10-09, 04:42   Link #1133
macdawson

Wonder if Zaltz orbits Gliese. . .
Old 2012-10-09, 11:40   Link #1134
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That might be interesting, but somehow that seems too close to Earth.
Old 2012-10-09, 23:07   Link #1135
macdawson

Chapter 3 Blu-Ray/DVD CM

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-10-10, 00:06   Link #1136
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Hilde is in a crowd of blue skinned Gamilons, probably shouting praise at Desslars fabulousness.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:43   Link #1137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it is Desslar. For a dictator, he's got style. If the later comics are to be believed, "sometimes the right people gets do end up in charge".
Old 2012-10-11, 13:05   Link #1138
YF19EX

And so it starts. Next year is going to hurt my wallet.
http://www.tomopop.com/yuki-mori-is-...ar-27331.phtml
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 14:06   Link #1139
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Probably a good thing I don't collect figures. Go even more broke.

Especially if this is a series, there are at least five "Yamato Girls", and that is if they don't do the various alien women as well.
Old 2012-10-12, 02:41   Link #1140
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well hello there. You look familiar.

http://yamato2199.net/character_fleurken.html
(Voiced by: Jōji Nakata)

The Dimensional Submarine Commander Frakken, also known as the "Galman Wolf," is here it would seem. Two seasons early and confirmed as a Gamilas instead of a Galman. "A good submariner is never early, nor does he die. He surfaces exactly when you least expect."

Also the cover art for Chapter 4 looks pretty cool:
http://yamato2199.net/goods/bd_004.html

Other ranking Gamilon:

http://yamato2199.net/character_zoellick.html
Zoellick Helm
(Voiced by Norio Wakamoto)

and

http://yamato2199.net/character_gal.html
Gal Dittsu (hot fighter pilot's father)
(voiced by: Katsunosuke Hori)

And several more: http://yamato2199.net/character.html

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-10-12 at 03:27.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato