AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 05:17   Link #501
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayneing View Post
Takano never needed to take a shot, she wasn't under mental stress until the final arc. And besides, it doesn't prevent the disease, only calms it down.
In Minagoroshi hen Takano tells Tomitake that the prophylactic drug he took before his most recent visit to Hinamizawa was fake in order to make him realize that the H170 injection will affect him. Presumably this means that the Irie Institute has managed to develop a drug that prevents people from being infected by the pathogen. Since Takano came to Hinamizawa before it was developed though, then she must have already been infected. Or perhaps she was so stressed that she forgot to take the drug.

PS: It's best not to try to scientifically explain how the Hinamizawa syndrome acts. The way the pathogen behaves makes practically no sense after all.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 08:29   Link #502
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
. Since Takano came to Hinamizawa before it was developed though, then she must have already been infected. Or perhaps she was so stressed that she forgot to take the drug.

It woulbe explainable if we considered that the vaccine is not absolute, and that sympthoms can still develop under a more than ordinary stressful environment, I'd guess.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 21:56   Link #503
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Anyone know how This is possible

Some sort of voice patch, that I was unaware of?
Old 2008-01-24, 02:51   Link #504
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Anyone know how This is possible

Some sort of voice patch, that I was unaware of?
Doesn't seem like it would be difficult to create a segment like that, if you successfully extracted the resources from the PS2 game and are willing to play with NScripter code a little.
I'd be surprised and impressed if someone did it for the entirety of chapters 1-7, though.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:59   Link #505
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
It woulbe explainable if we considered that the vaccine is not absolute, and that sympthoms can still develop under a more than ordinary stressful environment, I'd guess.
This is probably true. After all,

Spoiler for Remember this?:
Old 2008-01-27, 22:00   Link #506
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
This is probably true. After all,

Spoiler for Remember this?:
Are you sure than this injection was the vaccine, after all Irie had no reason to suspect than Keiichi was going L5.
ganbaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 22:06   Link #507
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Are you sure than this injection was the vaccine, after all Irie had no reason to suspect than Keiichi was going L5.
We can see the next day that the Yamainu are watching Keiichi. Evidently, Irie thinks something is up with him.
Rayneing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:33   Link #508
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

wooo creepy.. xD
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:39   Link #509
Voduar

Yes, AuditionEX, yes it does.
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-28, 03:48   Link #510
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I killed the whole s1 and s2 after knowing who the hell behind this repeating...

oh gawd..
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 01:17   Link #511
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The syndrome has physical symptoms that Keiichi was manifesting.
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 11:40   Link #512
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
The syndrome has physical symptoms that Keiichi was manifesting.
He was showing syndrome of lack of sleep, that a litle light for a diagnostic, no?
By the way someone have a idea why Rika was trying to give the vaccine to Shion and Rena, but never to keiiichi ?
Old 2008-01-29, 12:43   Link #513
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Most likely because Keiichi was hostile to everyone.
In case of Shion, she was playing dumb and never expected Rika being able to attack her.
Rena wasn't doubting her friends until lately, and she was somewhat able to "listen" unlike Keiichi.
Old 2008-01-29, 16:17   Link #514
SiRence~
(・ 3 ・)

I've got a little question concerning Rika's family ... well, to head straight on - does she miss her mother or her father ? .. I mean, they got killed in really every world she lived in, and, yeah, I'm wondering how she's feeling about this.
After all, Rika is a little child which would need her parents. But then there are Satoko, Hanyuu and Irie, who are very caring for her. I also know that Rika's mom was always quiet angry when Rika knew things she couldn't know - I think Rika must found her annoying. Another time Rika got wiped out by her father because he thought, she broke the Oyashiro-sama statue - this thought may have hurt her innocent heart.
But ... isn't she feeling sad because her parents are dead? At least, for a little bit? I mean. after all, they are her parents. Since Rika's journey through several Hinamizawa's lasts about 100 years, she might got used to it, huh. But, I'd still like to know: Is she feeling sad sometimes? Or is she completely hating her parents?
SiRence~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:42   Link #515
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRence~ View Post
I've got a little question concerning Rika's family ... well, to head straight on - does she miss her mother or her father ? .. I mean, they got killed in really every world she lived in, and, yeah, I'm wondering how she's feeling about this.
After all, Rika is a little child which would need her parents. But then there are Satoko, Hanyuu and Irie, who are very caring for her. I also know that Rika's mom was always quiet angry when Rika knew things she couldn't know - I think Rika must found her annoying. Another time Rika got wiped out by her father because he thought, she broke the Oyashiro-sama statue - this thought may have hurt her innocent heart.
But ... isn't she feeling sad because her parents are dead? At least, for a little bit? I mean. after all, they are her parents. Since Rika's journey through several Hinamizawa's lasts about 100 years, she might got used to it, huh. But, I'd still like to know: Is she feeling sad sometimes? Or is she completely hating her parents?
She seems sad and depressed in general for the most part, so I'd assume her parents' deaths might have something to do with it.
Old 2008-01-29, 16:51   Link #516
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There was this one-shot I came across in Japan that explored what Rika thought about her mother.

I'll try and find it

Though basicaly she thought that her mother really never got a chance to love her. So she just considered her to be a person she knew. Then as she saw the Sonozaki Sister's spending time with their Mom. She admitted to Keiichi (I think) that it was one of her deepest wishes to have been able to do that with her mom
Old 2008-01-29, 19:17   Link #517
Rias

From Kai, it has been suggested from TIPS and bits and pieces from places that
1. Although it didn't show much of Rika having fond memories of her parents and her, there were no suggestions that Rika hated her parents either.
2. Rika's mother has expressed that she did not understood her daughter's feelings.
3. Rika has also expressed, "...It doesn't matter about my mother. That person and I did not get along".
4. Rika has tried to help her parents so they can avoid being the victim of the Oyashiro-sama's curse, but eventually gave up.

So judging from their relationship, and that Rika always had more pressing matters to attend to, I don't think Rika missed her mother.
Old 2008-01-29, 21:33   Link #518
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
So judging from their relationship, and that Rika always had more pressing matters to attend to, I don't think Rika missed her mother.
It may not be a matter of than she miss or not her mother but than she give up hope to save her mon and dad, after all with the power of hanyu becoming more and more weak, she shifted to a another hinamizawa but too late for doing anithing (and even if she could shifted to a another hinamizawa before her parents's death, it was not she was able to do something.
But I thing than Rika must had some mixed feeling toward her mom.
Old 2008-01-29, 21:46   Link #519
SeventhHS
Conceptual Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
There was this one-shot I came across in Japan that explored what Rika thought about her mother.

I'll try and find it

Though basicaly she thought that her mother really never got a chance to love her. So she just considered her to be a person she knew. Then as she saw the Sonozaki Sister's spending time with their Mom. She admitted to Keiichi (I think) that it was one of her deepest wishes to have been able to do that with her mom
Sounds like you're talking about the 3rd story in this comic anthology.
SeventhHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:44   Link #520
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Yep that's the one