AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-27, 17:45   Link #21
_Riku_

He has what really matters... he is prepered to die for the village.. end of story...
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 21:08   Link #22
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
He has what really matters... he is prepered to die for the village.. end of story...
He is? WHen did he ever say that? He was clearly quite scared of a possible death at the hands of Kisame and Itachi...I highly doubt at this age he would willingly kill himself for Konoha.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 00:05   Link #23
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Naruto's heart is in the right place. At this stage, he's willing to fight for his friends - unlike one Uchiha we all love and hate. If Jiraiya or Tsunade manage to expand that mindset to include the entire village, he would be set to become Hokage.

He also doesn't care about current traditions and conventions - as Hokage, he would be perfect to change the Hyuga clan, that's what he promised Neji, right?

Right now, Naruto is too impulsive, too brash. He doesn't think through before taking action. He will need some years of experience and some polishing before he can become Tsunade's heir.

Besides, Tsunade is currently around 50 - she would probably survive as Hokage for a good 10, 20 years. I guess in the meantime, unless Kishimoto does something bad to her, we don't have to worry about who will the Sixth.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 00:14   Link #24
BigIdiot

the little basterd is gonna have to kill someone sooner or later.

you can't become a ninja without being able to ever kill anyone. seriously. he will get a assasination mission sooner or later. that should be intersting.
BigIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 01:16   Link #25
aptenergy

Wow look at all of the awesome spoiler tags used in these posts. Awesome.
</sarcasm>

Anyway... Naruto's going to have to go through a lot more refining. In terms of his skills, he's got to really gain some idea of chakra control and mastery. He'll have to become better at taijutsu, learn a little bit about genjutsu (at least recognize and respond to it), and he's gonna have to learn a whole lot of ninjutsu in various areas.

He's going to have to be more observant, more analytical, and etc. etc.

I don't think he's gonna be shown going through all of this. To teach him each individual thing would take way too long, and every time he learns a jutsu it's like trumpets need to be blown or something. I'm predicting a time lapse where right before this lapse, it shows Naruto finally mentally ready to become a true ninja - in terms of being mature, being careful, etc. Then he studies under[list your fav sensei/senseis here].
aptenergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 02:01   Link #26
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Naruto's heart is in the right place. At this stage, he's willing to fight for his friends - unlike one Uchiha we all love and hate. .
You must be referring to Itachi, because Sasuke was willing to die for Naruto way back in episode 16. This was WAY before Naruto started fighting for his friends, and even so recently as against Gaara was he willing to die for both Sakura and Naruto.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 02:41   Link #27
Scy

Simply put, if someone like Tsunade can become the Hokage, I don't see why Naruto cannot become the Hokage.
Scy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 02:50   Link #28
Halite
Salt of the Sea

Send a message via AIM to Halite
Naruto has what it takes... but he shouldn't be Hokage right now... he has show that he can fight for his friends, and he is a powerful ninja... he is willing to work to be stronger... he is still immature, and still lacks a lot of knowledge
Halite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 06:46   Link #29
_Riku_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
He is? WHen did he ever say that? He was clearly quite scared of a possible death at the hands of Kisame and Itachi...I highly doubt at this age he would willingly kill himself for Konoha.
when he fought Gaara..... "I will kill this guy even if I loose my own life" he wanted to protect everyone....
and he wants to regonize him... no matter what.... he knows what the hokage must do.. and yet he wants to become one..
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 10:35   Link #30
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
I think Naruto has what it takes to become a GOOD Hokage because he's maturing as the anime goes on. I mean compare the Naruto in the begining to this Naruto. I think he's matured both physically and mentally. His strength is definally improving too.
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 10:42   Link #31
Terriator

Send a message via ICQ to Terriator
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
when he fought Gaara..... "I will kill this guy even if I loose my own life" he wanted to protect everyone....
and he wants to regonize him... no matter what.... he knows what the hokage must do.. and yet he wants to become one..
I agree. As time has gone by Naruto has shown that he is willing to throw away his life to save the village. He wants to be a hero, and he knows that a hero is someone who are willing to give up his life for saving others (Jump Festa 2004).

The fight with gaara is not the only time that Naruto has stated that he was willing to sacrifice his life for others
Terriator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 11:55   Link #32
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
Simply put, if someone like Tsunade can become the Hokage, I don't see why Naruto cannot become the Hokage.
? I don't see where you're getting at... What do you mean?

And strength isn't all it takes to become a good ninja, if you cannot plan out strategies and think about alternate answers to a battle, then you're done for. For example, if someone weaker lays a trap, and you rely on brute force alone, you would definitely fall into the trap, because you're thinking that the opponent is weak and cannot do much.

And that is Naruto, as of right now. He may think about some strategies, but all he does is just get up and charge at the enemy.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 12:04   Link #33
Terriator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scy
Now, i havn't read the manga, but I don't understand you? ... I think tsunade is strong...real strong. And I think Tsunade is much more into the real way of the ninja, then Naruto is in the moment
Old 2004-06-28, 13:55   Link #34
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Am I the only one who thinks being hokage is sort of boring? It's like going from the field to the office and doing all that diplomacy stuff with little action (unless some crazy fool like orochimaru attacks). I think tsunade will have to die for naruto to become hokage, there's no way in the present time for naruto to mature past her. Time skip maybe...
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:03   Link #35
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
Am I the only one who thinks being hokage is sort of boring? It's like going from the field to the office and doing all that diplomacy stuff with little action (unless some crazy fool like orochimaru attacks). I think tsunade will have to die for naruto to become hokage, there's no way in the present time for naruto to mature past her. Time skip maybe...
So True lol being Hokage has its *perks* and downside but I dont kno if Tsunade keeps doing here ageless look maybe she can last forever or ask Orochimaru for tips on how to live forever But it is true Naruto'll need to mature much much more to become Hokage . But Hey didnt anyone remeber that cut scene with Hokage 1st and 2nd telling Saru that he'll be the next Hokage how old did Sarutobi look? He looked maybe 20 or less never kno l

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:17   Link #36
Inn3rchild
Child Forever

Send a message via ICQ to Inn3rchild Send a message via AIM to Inn3rchild Send a message via MSN to Inn3rchild Send a message via Yahoo to Inn3rchild
Hes got heart, he maturing and he

Spoiler for big spoiler-----kinda:

My mate keeps going about the maturing, he says when Naruto hits mid 14's, he gonna mature alot, sometime things they can't show on a childrens program. *cough**cough*
Inn3rchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:33   Link #37
Karala

personally, I don't think he has what it takes at least not at the moment, sure he's strong, though not nearly strong enough... but his true motives right now aren't really in it for anything but getting the people of the village to recognise his existence as something more than the fox-demon, I think he's goals may change, or at least the motives behind them, quite soon. Is he able to make life or death decision? to send others out of missions that risk their lives? is he smart enough? and is he willing to die for the village?
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 16:40   Link #38
Terriator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inn3rchild
Hes got heart, he maturing and he

Spoiler for big spoiler-----kinda:

My mate keeps going about the maturing, he says when Naruto hits mid 14's, he gonna mature alot, sometime things they can't show on a childrens program. *cough**cough*
He hasn't mastered the Rasengan has he? He has only passed the 2 first stages, and the third one is proberbly going to take much longer for him to learn.

He is maturing and if the series go on for long enough it's natural that he'll have what it takes to be Hokage
Old 2004-06-28, 16:46   Link #39
kaizoku_65
Kaizoku + Shinobi

Well Naruto does tend not to think well in most extreme situations, is usually hot headed, when not frozen with fear but he can also be extremely be courageous, never gives up plus he's got heart, oh yeah, he also has the Nine tail's chakra. But i reckon to actually ask wether he is Hokage material is a bit premature. In his current state and AGE, he certainly isn't but he does have the potential to become one (a damn good one at that) under the right tutilage (like under Jiraiya). he has a lot to learn that for damn sure but remember, he's only 12 or 13 (not sure which).
kaizoku_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-28, 18:01   Link #40
Kayess
Guy From Canada

If Naruto ever becomes Hokage, the series would be ruined.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote