AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-06, 09:06   Link #35241
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Yo Jak, remind me again what are the arsenal present on the Silverbacks. Currently trying to recton the Minerva such that it'll have lesser weapons(but more utilized) compared to the original.

And for some reason, I'm reading the UC tech page for ideas.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:08   Link #35242
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: your editor or beta can fix it for you no prob =))
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 09:12   Link #35243
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

My beta is not present AND not interested.

This story is practically bunny dumping grounds, neither good nor popular. Not much people have time to read it.

After This chapter, I want to wrote yet another twincest fic, but this one is more realistic though still more lighthearted than recent chapter of ST. Interested in helping as Beta?
Old 2012-08-06, 09:20   Link #35244
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: actually the nanomachines cam remain stable but they just need more energy to stabilize material bonds. doing as you described would be pointedly inefficient as the material formation would follow a similar energy curve for chemical reactions. basically you have the choice between investing resources to finishing a structure or finish the structure half-way then hold it up till it has served its purpose then let it fall.

Assuming matter really is just compressed massive amounts of energy. the impossibility of energy becoming matter is because you are focusing it. the natural tendency of energy is chaos so forcing it to a focal point would also require energy. basically forcing something that naturally scatters into a bundle that requires a lot of effort to bundle.
So.....

When the nanomachine lose energy, they lose the ability to stabilize themselves and break down immediately (rather than slowly).

Or should I leave the Nanomachine as they are?(Stay because they are stabilized)
Old 2012-08-06, 09:22   Link #35245
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: the plot is fascinating enough but the characterization doesn't jive particularly well with me. Guess I'll pass.

Sides, I tend to write the flamed fictions in this fandom

@age: I suggest stabilized. The fact your proposed ideas that the system your nanomachines compliment generate energy on scale probably above fusion and the nanites require time to be generated and stockpiled fit the bill.

Charge energy capacitors, deplete for nanite generation. Time required to recharge capacitors. The capacitors would be a secondary energy source for your nanite generation so as not to affect IS operation heavily.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:23   Link #35246
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I don't meant for the crossover, I meant for the new story.

I'll dump that one bunny then, this one requires delicate touch so to speak.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:27   Link #35247
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Seems Blitz is too busy with getting a job Anyway, why not look for a beta on fanfiction.net? I'd do it, but I'm sick.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:34   Link #35248
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's still a concept basically it explores what happen if Madoka and Ichika really met as teenager, thus hilarity ensues.

Genetic Sexual Attraction and Westermarck effect both apply as my basis, the first apply to Madoka, the later is for Houki and Rin (and possibly what prevented his siscon to Chifuyu from being serious).

I made it with light humor and relationship entanglement, basically a perfectly normal slice of life. As Demi pointed, it's futile considering my writing style.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:43   Link #35249
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Zero, the following draft is a scene of the rectonned Minerva. Since I'm practically mashing up UC and IS tech, I figured the explanations would make sense:

Quote:
*Kyunn*

A soft hum emanates from a construction cage that is holding an armored, humanoid mechanical suit, primarily colored in navy blue alongside a few streaks of silver highlights on the suit’s edges. The marvelous sight of the unit brings a wide smile to Inami’s face as Jinrai steps up next to him.

“T-The Minerva…! It looks even better than I imagined!”

“Right you are, Inami. This is the end product of your efforts in years of test piloting!”

Inami steps towards the cage and places is hand on the chest plate of the Minerva armored suit unit. The cold touch of the armor sends a soft chill through him as his hand glides across the chest plate.

“Wow… It’s marvelous…!”

Jinrai can’t help but smile at him while a short tone shifts his attention to a laptop behind the cage. He walks around and hunches forward to look at the screen which shows that the Minerva’s weapons have completed their installation.

He taps on a couple of keys on the keyboard which brings up an enlarged silhouette of the Minerva and highlighting its forelimbs, waist and lower legs to indicate the location of its weapons.

“Inami, come over.”

Inami promptly responds, running to his side and looks to the laptop’s screen.

“This isn’t anything new but it’s worth refreshing anyway.”

“The weapons…”

Jinrai nods.

“That’s right. As it stands, the Minerva has twin two-barrel beam spray guns on its forelimbs.”

He taps a key which zoom the screen onto the Minerva’s left arm and opens up a cross-section of the part, showing a network of tubes within the beam spray gun. A series of indicators pops up and shows that the tubes serve as cooling devices that passively cools the gun barrels to allow frequent usage of the weapon.

“Ah, right! They’re devastating up close against anything short of a multi-layered, solid blast door.”

“Yeap. Sort of like a shotgun but with the firing latency of a sub-machine gun.”

*tap* *tap*

The focus then shifts to the waist of the Minerva which shows a couple of saber hilts attached to each side of the waist via downward-swiveling sheaths.

“Beam sabers. Utilizing IS barrier technology whereby the barrier is deployed in the shape of a blade and is filled with searing particle beams.”

“I see… As such, the negation of the barrier shell along a physical contact surface allows the compact particles to chew away at any material in comes into contact with until the shell reforms.”

“Pretty much. Also, since our weapons aren’t as controlled as the IS’, the output of these sabers can easily bypass opposing barriers.”

Inami raises a brow and looks to Jinrai.

“Wait… By that, do you mean that it can—?”

“Potentially kill an IS pilot, yes. However, this superior anti-barrier feature comes with a price; it hogs a hefty amount of power every time the saber slices through a target material.”

“Would it be the same for as long as the blade is deployed?”

“Fortunately no. The sabers’ hilts have energy recyclers which propels the particle beams in a loop. As long as there’s power, the blade can remain deployed indefinitely.”
Thoughts/comments?
Old 2012-08-06, 09:45   Link #35250
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, interesting enough. It was designed with close range combat in mind.

All i said the only one need to be revamped is multi-gun BITs, otherwise the rest is fine enough.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:49   Link #35251
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: show me a draft and I'll see if it catches my interest.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:49   Link #35252
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Expect it delivered tomorrow around the same time

P.S. should I use first person or third person? The former seems more emotional but that might be because character immersion.
Old 2012-08-06, 09:50   Link #35253
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Seeing as the Minerva's being rectonned, the future incarnations will most probably undergo changes as well.

That said, the problem I find in the original Minerva is that it has a wide array of weapons but majority of them are severely under-utilized. As such, I want to make sure that Inami actually uses every weapon he has at his disposal.

This also means that the Magnus will not be present in the revamped Minerva as the beam sabers are practically Barrier Void weapons on their own.

EDIT: Another reason for the revamp is to make the Minerva different from the IS. While the latter can pull installed weapons out of thin air from digital storage, the former's weapons won't have this feature and its weapons are already physically attached/built-in to the unit itself. In a way, trying to give the Minerva sort of a Real Robot kind of feeling.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-08-06 at 10:01.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 10:05   Link #35254
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I suggest reading stuff other than LNs. Hunt down 100k word length stories in ff.net or fictionpress. They reach 100k for more than just sheer tenacity of the writers.

1st or 3rd person is fine. 1st person makes it easier because you imagine yourself in the character's position. 3rd person has multiple renditions and I'm only practicing one form thus far. It's mostly up to you.

I'll look through the draft tomorrow but you might not get a quick response since its only 3 days away from my exam week :|
Old 2012-08-06, 10:06   Link #35255
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
So it feels like Armored Stratos.

Funny, those are made based on your Minerva.

@ Demi
I also read Michael Crichton books.

...I guess that didn't help eh?
Old 2012-08-06, 10:08   Link #35256
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: I think you under utilize the magnus because you labelled it as a final resort weapon but never reached a scenario that needed it. The weapon ideas were sound but the over conservation of usage is what probably gives you that feeling.

@zero: not familiar with the writer but when you read pay attention to the words and the way of writing. What draws you in and how it inspires the images in your mind. how the words immerse you in a world of more than just letters. each story and scenario type will have their own needed wordings and writing styles to draw out a more vivid image but the final product will lay with what you want to convey.

I have a friend who took up a course of creative writing. The concepts of his stories never really took much of my interests but he conveyed his ideas well enough, he had an image he wanted to project and the details were simple but informative. Stimulating but not restrictive.

I believe blitz's writing evokes the same feeling from me

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2012-08-06 at 10:28.
Old 2012-08-06, 10:16   Link #35257
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Stratos
So it feels like Armored Stratos.

Funny, those are made based on your Minerva.
Are they...?

Quote:
I think you under utilize the magnus because you labelled it as a final resort weapon but never reached a scenario that needed it. The weapon ideas were sound but the over conservation of usage is what probably gives you that feeling.
Ditto. Also, having a one-bullet-sure-kill kind of attack can be pretty cheap... (And that's coming from the author himself)

The character heavily relies on close-combat such that even the revamped Minerva may sport the following(Once again, need thoughts/comments on the feasibility):
Quote:
“Nice! What else does she have?”

“Let see…”

*tap* *tap* *clack*

The screen shows the Minerva’s exterior protected with a layer of energy barrier. Inami tilts his head, unsure about the significance of the feature.

“What’s this, Jinrai-san?”

“This is showing that the Minerva’s always protected by an energy barrier layer over its armor’s exterior like the IS. Then again, unlike the IS, the Minerva’s barrier is flexible and takes the form of the Minerva’s silhouette.”

“I… I’m sorry. I still didn’t quite get what you’re trying to say there…”

“That’s fine. So to speak, every inch of the Minerva has a layer of barrier over it. This allows you to fend off attacks even when unarmed… in a sense that you do not have any weapons at hand.”
Old 2012-08-06, 10:28   Link #35258
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I always thinking about male-compatible I.S., but seeing how game breaker most fanon machine like that is, I think of a nerf so.

1. Armored Stratos cannot do a data-material conversion or vice versa. So they require real maintenance, refuel, and repair. This also means they're always struck in physical form.

2. They also can't really self evolve, only their computer can adapt. The only way to strengthen them is doing a real time upgrade by changing parts created form the battle data recorded.

3. Those weakness above can be mitigated by connect the machine to a genuine I.S.. it won't interfere with said I.S. own maintenance since Armored Stratos only borrow the conversion software and use it's own energy. However both of them has to be immobilized to prevent malfunction.

4. Only one A.S. can attach to an I.S. at a time due to the number and complexity of connection cables.

5. Their A.I. aren't sentient unlike I.S., they have total obedience and zero personality and thus not affected by pilot's state of emotion. However, that means they won't achieve extraordinary feat like OOA, Core Resonance and Frame Synchronization.
Old 2012-08-06, 10:31   Link #35259
demino_hellsin
That one guy

looking up at those designs. I wonder how I convinced myself that astra was overpowered *facepalm*
Old 2012-08-06, 10:49   Link #35260
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I always thinking about male-compatible I.S., but seeing how game breaker most fanon machine like that is, I think of a nerf so.

1. Armored Stratos cannot do a data-material conversion or vice versa. So they require real maintenance, refuel, and repair. This also means they're always struck in physical form.

2. They also can't really self evolve, only their computer can adapt. The only way to strengthen them is doing a real time upgrade by changing parts created form the battle data recorded.

3. Those weakness above can be mitigated by connect the machine to a genuine I.S.. it won't interfere with said I.S. own maintenance since Armored Stratos only borrow the conversion software and use it's own energy. However both of them has to be immobilized to prevent malfunction.

4. Only one A.S. can attach to an I.S. at a time due to the number and complexity of connection cables.

5. Their A.I. aren't sentient unlike I.S., they have total obedience and zero personality and thus not affected by pilot's state of emotion. However, that means they won't achieve extraordinary feat like OOA, Core Resonance and Frame Synchronization.

1, 2 and maybe 5 applies to the revamped Minerva. It's never built to have system integration with an IS (e.g No NTD-ish bit-stealing) so its OS is incapable of merging with that of an IS.

Quote:
looking up at those designs. I wonder how I convinced myself that astra was overpowered *facepalm*
The AE? I'm still quite puzzled as to what's the full list of arsenal of that unit.

Gonna turn in for now, ciao~ :3

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest