AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 20:52   Link #281
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
^ I remember reading that the director planned a second season from the start. That's slightly different from a one season anime getting a second season because the american fanbase demands it. There are animes however, created only to be aired in america, like transformers.

Quote:
It's not shoujo but josei actually.
What's a josei? Didnt this win an award for best Shoujo manga of the year once? Actually maybe it was Kodansha's best manga of the year. I dif assume this was Shoujo, tho. It does have a pretty different, more mature feel like the feminine version of Seinen.

EDIT:Also, I never expected to see a panty shot in this series! XDD and it was tastefully done,too! well about as tasteful as a completely random panty shot can be!lol

Last edited by Keiichi_chan; 2008-11-25 at 21:06.
Keiichi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 21:23   Link #282
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
It does have a pretty different, more mature feel like the feminine version of Seinen.
Josei is exactly that - the equivalent of seinen, only aimed at women, not men - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josei_manga

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 19:18   Link #283
strategos

Like Escaflowne was aim to be Shojo and ended being popular on both gender (XD)?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 20:09   Link #284
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Escaflowne started out as a Shonen(manga), then they did a shojo version(manga), then I guess the tv series was more shojo while the movie was more shonen.
Old 2008-11-27, 08:51   Link #285
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

The Episode 7 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 7
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 11:13   Link #286
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
Escaflowne started out as a Shonen(manga), then they did a shojo version(manga), then I guess the tv series was more shojo while the movie was more shonen.
Was it the shojo manga that came first? the anime? or the shonen manga?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 13:57   Link #287
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Was it the shojo manga that came first? the anime? or the shonen manga?
The shounen manga was first. The anime was to be based on it, but the project got stalled.

A few years later a new director came to work on the project, but he didn't like the idea of having the anime based on that manga, so he re-designed the anime to make it girl-oriented. In other words, he made it shoujo.

After that, the anime was adapted to shoujo manga (two shoujo manga series) and a shoujo light novel.

Hope that helps. Now let's go back to Nodame please!
Old 2008-11-28, 20:36   Link #288
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Nice episode, Nodame's wife antics were hilarious as usual and she showed her growth by not making a scene when Rui unwittingly ruined her dream.
Nodame's not the only one who's demonstrated a lot of growing up with the way she reacted to the events of this episode. I was also impressed by how Chiaki's taking on board this challenge of fixing Marlet orchestra. He took it on with a level-headed attitude, and was accepting, almost embracing of the challenge he faces. He's a different conductor to the one who expected the S-Orchestra to be as near perfect as he is.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-28, 21:52   Link #289
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
This series just doesn't fail; absolutely amazing imho.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 13:14   Link #290
mdauben

I have to admit I was a bit dissapointed with the early eps of this season. As others have said they were episodic, rushed and somewhat choppy. I still enjoyed the, but not as much as season one. The series finally seems to be settling down into a coherent storyline, and I'm really liking it. I just wish they had not wasted half the season before they got there.

BTW, Does anyone know what's up with BSS's torrent site? I've been trying to access it for days with no luck. I've already seen the H-G fansub of ep 7, but I wanted to get the BSS one.
Old 2008-12-01, 04:54   Link #291
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

From what I've seen so far, they rushed through the early non-romance parts of the Paris storyline to get to the meatier parts.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 08:26   Link #292
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
From what I've seen so far, they rushed through the early non-romance parts of the Paris storyline to get to the meatier parts.
I suppose you are right. Its just too bad they didn't make the second season the same length as the first. Then they would not have had to rush so much.

(Plus we would have twice as much "gyaboo-goodness"!)
Old 2008-12-02, 17:33   Link #293
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

I doubt we're getting a season 3 considering the size of this one. Enjoi will you can!
Old 2008-12-02, 19:58   Link #294
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_chan View Post
I doubt we're getting a season 3 considering the size of this one. Enjoi will you can!
Never say never, the series is actually doing very well rating wise. I think we might not get a 3rd season until the manga finishes this time but I don't think a 3rd season is entirely out of the question.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 00:55   Link #295
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
Looks like it's Nodame's turn to be leaving Chiaki.
Bet he didn't see that one coming.
way2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 06:08   Link #296
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 8

Tres bien? That episode deserved a tres bien! That was outstanding.

I had an inkling that there was more to Rui and her relationship with her mother that had been originally let on. I'm really hoping that they're going to be more explicit with how they explore this relationship, and that this isn't the last we see of Rui, because she's really trapped within two competing forces, one of which being a desire to be taken credibly (the negative review(s) upset her) and the other being her mother. But I'm hoping they put her mother's motives on the table, since there's almost a traditionalist East v West attitude thing going on with their differing attitudes towards Rui's piano playing.

But I loved Nodame's piano exam. It was one of those scenes that just allowed the music (and her examiners) to say a lot about her character. She, also, is in a real state of flux; she's a very different person to who she was at the beginning of this story, but still able to maintain her individuality. But I liked the fact that Professor Auclair (evidently) hasn't tried to curb that individuality. It's a sign of a really good teacher, IMO, instilling someone with technical knowledge but still letting them keep their creative flair.

But this episode was full of flair. I daresay it was the most fun episode of the season, and the heavy presence of music played a part in that, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 07:12   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I agree with Sorrow-K, episode 08 was easily the best from this series so far. The past 4 or so episodes have building themselves up, acting like episodes you'd see in the first season. I guess it does have something to do with the position Chiaki's at the moment in the story, and how it's basically something we'd see in the first half of the show. Good to know that the story will keep on delivering what we're used to seeing.

I shall have to carry on with the manga after this series has finished. I stopped just before the Paris story.
Old 2008-12-03, 12:14   Link #298
rg4619

Yep, Episode 8 was phenomenal - right up there with the best of Season 1.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:47   Link #299
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

I didnt like this episode as much as the last two but I could tell they had a lot to cover and they did a better job than initially in the first batch of episodes. I cant help but feel the Rui stuff is pointless since I doubt she's going to be developed much or play some super crucial part in the story, since it has like 3 more episodes left!
Not to mention all the stuff with the HUGE assortment of minor characters.

I guess it was necessary to fit them all in if they decide to do another season or if they plan to stay really close to the manga storyline. Which makes me wonder where they're going to end things since they have very little time left to do it.
Old 2008-12-04, 11:10   Link #300
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

For once I will disagree with Sorrow-K. Personally, I didn't care much for this episode, it was rushed and not much fun compared to some of the previous ones. Chiaki's encounter with Jean was quite funny though.

Quote:
But I'm hoping they put her mother's motives on the table, since there's almost a traditionalist East v West attitude thing going on with their differing attitudes towards Rui's piano playing.
I can't say I recall anything about her mother further in the manga so I can safely say I won't spoil anything but isn't the fact that Rui lied to her motivation enough for her mother to come and "spirit her away" to America? Also, in the manga Chiaki says "When she performed with me she wasn't like that" (i.e. she hadn't been on a downward spiral for a year or so), while in the anime he says she wasn't bothered by the articles. So I don't think her problem are those reviews, she just wants some normal life and mistakenly views the life of university students as little more than one neverending party.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina